[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's only 7 trials...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 14

Should I really be buying both of these games at launch? I had such high hopes but as we get more information about the trials and the ultra beasts, I'm starting to get disappointed.

So should I cancel one of my preorders? Or keep them both? I get 20% off cuz of amazon prime btw which is mainly why I plan on getting both at launch.
>>
The trials and ultra beasts are distinct events, so it should contain more overall content than gyms did... hypothetically. Plus two "evil teams."

Also nice amazon ad.
>>
It takes 2 hours to get to the first Totem
>>
>>29386060
7 trials but also four kahunas, a bunch of ultra beasts and two presumably evil teams to fight.
Not to mention the Tapu quartet to save/catch.
That's still plenty of content, actually more than our usual 8 gyms + evil team.
>>
>>29386122
>actually more than our usual 8 gyms + evil team.
Not really. It's just under it when you think about it.
>>
>>29386060
In most of the games we got 8 copy pasta gyms and League.

In S/M we have 7 trials/gyms + possible League + possible postgame + possible UB trials + possible who the hell knows what

I'd say let's try to not act like we already know what the game is all about and wait till thing got released. Because let's be honest, we have no idea how big those games are.
>>
>>29386060
>>29386060
We haven't even learned anything about the ultra beasts, we just know what they look like. What is there to be disappointed about?

I'd also say not to assume that the trials are all that important in the grand scheme of things. Totem pokemon are a cool idea and I'd say they're basically guaranteed to be used in more than just seven battles - maybe more than one totem battle per trial, maybe more totem battles outside the trials. Either way, there's going to be plenty of stuff to do outside of the trials anyways.
>>
>>29386060
We don't know that much about UBs, Team Skull, Aether, Gladion, or even the box legends.

Trust me, there's a lot of story and content we have no clue about.
>>
>>29386155
>lololol 7<8
Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>29386155
explain
>>
>>29386155
7+4 kahunas = 11

Are you fucking stupid, how is this "under it".
>>
>>29386118
To be fair, we took the time it took to get the first three badges of Kalos as a sign of the length of the rest of the game. I'm hyped as fuck for SM, but even I realize two hours to get to the first totem could just be frontloading
>>
>>29386168
>We haven't even learned anything about the ultra beasts, we just know what they look like. What is there to be disappointed about?
they're catchable apparently
>>
>>29386242
Why is this disappointing?
>>
File: 1475941771644.jpg (363KB, 1200x989px) Image search: [Google]
1475941771644.jpg
363KB, 1200x989px
>>29386242
>not wanting to use Beauty and Absorbtion on your team
I can tell your bias.
>>
>>29386118
It took me like five hours to get from Gym 1 to Gym 2 in XY i think, everything after that was super quick.
>>
>>29386254
It does point to them not being hard boss monsters
>>
>>29386254
Because somehow the notion of that makes them apparently feel less grand to all of the cynical grumps around here.
>>
>>29386218
>8 gym leaders + 4 elite four = 12

>7 trial captains + 4 kahunas = 11

>11<12

If you're gonna include kahunas, not sure why you're not gonna include the elite 4.
>>
7 trials in Sun
7 different trials in Moon
4 Kahunas

Total of 18, one for each type.
>>
>>29386190
>>29386207
>>29386218
Not that anon but are you serious? The trials are all three minute long fetching quests with a battle against a totem Pokemon which is stronger than a normal wild battle but nothing compared to an actual gym battle. The kahunas seem to be just as easy as gyms around the same equivalent time as XY, and potentially more so.

There could be other things to make this game fun but don't count on the trials being anything big.
>>
>>29386218
8 gyms + 4 elite4 + 1champion = 13

13 > 11
>>
>>29386273
>It does point to them not being hard boss monsters
Ah yes, the constant issue of DIFFICULTY in Pokemon. Because a game can't be fun or interesting unless it is difficult.

Sense of exploration? Screw that
Meeting a bunch of interesting characters? Nah
Getting to know the new Pokemon and figuring out more about them? Bogus
Just genuinely enjoying your time playing a game of a franchise you like? Ha

No, the only thing that matters is DIFFICULTY
>>
>>29386345
all that becomes meaningless when the game is a Press A to Win simulator.
>>
>>29386271
i did have a similar situation when i played oras.

everything after wattson was super easy and super quick.
>>
>>29386369
It's been like that since 1996
>>
>>29386345
Oh no, I agree. I love the lore and exploration. It's just that the difficulty thing is the explanation I see for the UBs
>>
File: 1419776798783.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1419776798783.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>Game tries to be different

>Still assume each system is the exact same previous games systems and hold it to those standards
>>
>>29386273
In Colo/XD Shadow Pokemon were both hard (well the late game ones) and catchable.
>>
> buying both versions at fucking all

> being this retarded
>>
>>29386345
OP here - yeah, I'm not saying SM won't be great games. I think they'll be fantastic, I love that they're trying new things even tho I think most of the UBs are ugly. But should I be buying both at launch?

>>29386319
I like this... Do we know if any of the trial captains we know of are in both games?
>>
>>29386315
But
>8 gym leaders + 4 e4 + 1 box legend = 13
+7 captains + 4 kahunas + 1 box legend + 8 ultra beasts = 21
>>
>>29386345
>Ah yes, the constant issue of DIFFICULTY in Pokemon. Because a game can't be fun or interesting unless it is difficult.
You're absolutely right in this regard, it doesn't need to be hard at all but when things have been streamlined to require little effort at all to play the game it becomes less interesting.

>Sense of exploration?
SM could still be very good in this regard, and that happens to be one of the biggest reasons I play these games.
>Meeting a bunch of interesting characters?
When you can't even battle them like you would be able to in past generations it becomes harder to actually have them be worthwhile characters to the story.
>Getting to know the new Pokemon and figuring out more about them?
There's roughly the same amount as with XY not counting Alola forms which functionally can be considered new Pokemon, but most of the new ones are absolute shitmons that you can't do anything with. Come to think of it they probably made these games so easy so that kids can just power through the game with a Togedemaru and Komala and still win.
>Just genuinely enjoying your time playing a game of a franchise you like?
It's becoming harder and harder to do this when the games keep getting shorter and cutting more and more content just to see how much they can get away with and still make money.
>>
>>29386474
>not wanting another save file and access to any version exclusive items in case they decide to do that like with mega stones in XY
OP got 20% off on the deal so it's not like you pay the full $80 for both. I got the same thing.
>>
File: 1463268502372.jpg (147KB, 568x564px) Image search: [Google]
1463268502372.jpg
147KB, 568x564px
>There's only 15 trials

What can we do bros? Game Freak is ruining our fun.
>>
>tfw moved away from friend that might get opposite version and restart his file to give me other box legendary.

Buying the other game might have to be a thing for me if I want the shiny charm.
>>
>>29386759
Assuming, we can't breed the box legendary for the prevolutions and evolve them to the other box legendary, that is.
>>
>>29386254
Because it takes away from their invader theme not to mention it means they'll be complete push overs.
>>
>>29386337
The trials and gym battles are the same things. Fight some pokemon before the boss. This time it's at least a fresher approach.
>>
>>29386489
You already mentioned doing it for the deal. I say yes, but leave one sealed. If you don't like the game, you can sell the other one for probably near full price
>>
>>29386060
Honestly, if there were 8 I don't think it would be a big deal. I know that there are the Kahunas, the Ultra Beasts, and the evil team(s) as well to deal with, but I don't think having one more trial would be too difficult.
>>
>>29386855
Are you retarded? Fight some pokemon before the boss? That could describe literally every game. I suppose there's no real difference in any of the games then.

Trials is just wild battles with one wild encounter that's a little harder than a normal one. That's it. Takes much less time than visiting a gym and battling all of the trainers. Fresh approach =/= good approach.
>>
>>29386934
>Takes much less time than visiting a gym and battling all of the trainers
Basing this on?
>>
>>29387021
The demo trial, the trial in the niconico footage, other trailers, common sense, etc.
>>
>>29386060
Pokemon's core experience has always been the post game with battling and trading with other players.
>>
>>29386369
Have you not played any previous Pokemon game? Pokemon games have never been hard, if you seriously think they were, you're either fucking terrible at games or retarded.
>>
>>29387470
>Have you not played any previous Pokemon game?

Have you?

Pokemon has always been easy but none of them prior to Gen 6 are just "mash A to win"
>>
>>29387262
I can't find a single difference between defeating 2 separate Pokemon, a trainer then a boss and defeating 2 trainers with a single Pokemon each and a boss.
>>
>>29387499
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQtia9ZyyQ

>but none of them prior to Gen 6 are just "mash A to win"
>>
>>29387499
lol yes they are
>>
File: feraligatr wtf.jpg (214KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
feraligatr wtf.jpg
214KB, 500x500px
>having 8 gyms is okay
>but 7 trials is far too little
>>
>>29387516
Why don't you actually look at some of the gyms and tally up how there is, and don't cherrypick the worst one either. Most have at least three trainers, and the later gym leaders have three pokemon max. That is still terrible. Now what we have is a couple of wild encounters, and one stronger wild Pokemon which is still weaker than the XY gym battles.

SM probably has redeeming qualities but this has got to be one of the worst things about the game.
>>
>>29387499
Pokemon? What the hell. I've been here over a month, I thought this was a Digimon board??
>>
File: HoennNews.png (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
HoennNews.png
24KB, 400x240px
>>29387586
8 trials + 4 kahunas + island challenge champion + postgame gyms (confirmed by chinese leaks)
>>
>>29386122
Ypu made up half of that. And since we don't have 120+ Mons and 28 trials like people kept hoping, maybe making up stuff is not a good idea.

Also absolutely no basis for saying its longer than the average main ganet
>>
>>29387499
No, seriously, have you EVER played a Pokemon game before??
>>
>>29387499
Anon, you do realize that Red and Blue are even easier than XY right? You're basically saying that the games played themselves if gen 6 was mash A to win.
>>
>>29387562
>Charmeleon almost faints
>the entire rest of his team is <lv10 shitmons that would have gotten 1HKO'd

yeah great example. He almost lost there. That's more than I can say about any Gen 6 game.

>>29387575
lol no they're not
>>
>>29387604
>Now what we have is a couple of wild encounters, and one stronger wild Pokemon
>implying you know what the late game trials are going to be like
>>
>>29387750
so you're assuming all the people that played red and blue when they were 5 or 6 years old are all savants because pokemon is REALLY HARD
>>
File: 1460322898062.png (536KB, 569x841px) Image search: [Google]
1460322898062.png
536KB, 569x841px
>>29387734
No seriously, have you EVER played a Pokemon game prior to Gen 6 before??

>>29387741
>Anon, you do realize that Red and Blue are even easier than XY right?

But they're not. I actually lost to a trainer in Erika's gym because I didn't prepare for Wrap properly. Meanwhile I haven't ever lost to a trainer in X or Y.
>>
>>29387790
>because pokemon is REALLY HARD

This isn't what I said. I literally said in my first post that every Pokemon game is easy, just not as easy as Gen 6.

You faggots are retarded.
>>
>>29387734

Underage.
>>
>>29387822
kill yourself
>p-pokemon used to be hard!
nah
>>
>>29387657
>confirmed by my ass

FTFY
>>
>>29387845
>>p-pokemon used to be hard!
see >>29387822
>>
File: enough, co.png (911KB, 860x1006px) Image search: [Google]
enough, co.png
911KB, 860x1006px
>>29387797
>>
>>29386166
This a poor comparison. You're including post-game in SM's content but not the originals? UB plots but not legendary plots? For what reason?

>>29386254
Because then its just normal Pokemon with a new name to give us artificial excitement.

>>29387470
This is a meaningless response. All the games don't have the exact same difficulty level and that is obvious. One can find older games easy while still finding newer ones easier. No, it doesn't have to be childhood, no it doesn't have to be nostalgia

>>29387657
Nice made up content
>>
>>29387845
>>29387862
You've really devolved to meme stuttering
>>
>>29387772
I've been playing these games for 16 years. They don't have a track record of surprising people and trying something radically different and actually getting it right. After Gen 6 and after seeing how easy the early game is, there's no reason to think that the late game is somehow going to be completely different.

There were denialfags like you back when the demo for ORAS was datamined. Ah, that was a good time.
>>
>>29387905
how is it denialfagging to say that the trials will probably get longer and more difficult? or are you really so retarded that you think the early gyms have been of the same length as late gyms, in literally every single game?
>>
>>29387862
That's not even a strawman at this point, it's literally the opposite of what the guy was saying in that post.
>>
>>29386345
Thing is X Y was easy as shit, had shit story, and shit characters. Sun and Moon hasn't shown us anything to make us think it won't be the same.
>>
>>29387951
>>29387845
meant to quote
>>
>>29386345
Hardy have a sense of exploration when 90% of Pokémon are ones you've seen already.
>>
>>29387604
Let's see FRLG Brock vs First Trial
Both trainers have the worst starter for it(Charmander/Litten)

>Camper Liam(let's pretend he's actually 2 trainers with 1 Pokemon each)
>lv10 Geodude
>lv11 Sandshrew

Then Brock itself
>lv12 Geodude with no Rock Moves
>lv14 Onix with Rock Tomb, but it's an Onix

Normal Trial(Moon)

>Dark Rattata lv11
>Dark Rattata lv11

then Team Skull Grunt
>Drowzee lv11

then Dark Raticate, lv11

then Totem Dark Raticate(boosted DEF), lv12 & Helper Dark Rattata, lv10
Now if these have Gluttony or Hustle is beyond my knowledge, but they do know Bite, but still they're just rats
>>
>>29386369
>when the game is a Press A to Win simulator.
Just like every other main series Pokemon game. You can do this easily.

But no, go ahead. Do keep believing that it's not possible. Let your nostalgia cloud your judgement.
>>
>>29387957
Team Skull is already better than anything in X/Y.
>>
>>29387947
Are you literally so retarded that you think they'll actually get harder? If they wanted to do that they just could have kept gyms. They changed it to trials because they want it to be easier.

Even then, there's no battles with the trial captains, and anything they do with the trials will primarily be about completing tasks, with one totem battle. I want you to think about this. This is Pokemon, it is about battling, and the so called checkpoints are not actually about Pokemon battling. You don't have to do anything other than move and press A to get through. Don't give me that shit that it's literally the same thing for battles, you have choices on how to complete it, you can use whatever team you want and whatever moves you want. It may be easy, but it's still all up to you on how to do things. Trials? It's just click at the right places and get your prize. If you want that then maybe Yokai Watch is more your thing.
>>
>>29386060
Why would you buy two copies of the same game? And the producers said in an interview that there's a lot of content in the game, I suggest to wait for reviews or when it eventually leaks a week before release
>>
>>29388068
>They changed it to trials because they want it to be easier.
>There are people who actually believe this. People who actually believe this instead of the more obvious reasoning being that they wanted to switch things up and do something different.
>>
>>29387604
>don't cherrypick the worst one either
>when he's cherrypicking the first trial in the game
You can't make this shit up
>>
>>29387976
Wild Pokemon, especially Rattata, even Alolan Rattata (probably) are going to be much weaker than most things. Totems are basically the equivalent of the Gym Leader's Ace, but they only call up one Pokemon for backup. As you move on they're going to be easier relative to your team. It's not really going to get much more complex than that, unfortunately. Some trials don't even involve you battling wild Pokemon until the totem.

>>29388120
I also want to point out what you just said which is that there will be other content in the game and that'll be great, but the whole trial system seems like it's going to be absolute dogshit.
>>
File: 1327866295602.png (282KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1327866295602.png
282KB, 600x800px
>there's only 7 trials, 4 kahunas, a champion, a battle facility, sidequests, refresh minigames, post-game gyms, and special online league events
What the fuck gamefreak

How do we let them keep getting away with this
>>
>>29388201
Almost every decision they've made in the game was to make it easier. I don't know how you can sit there and justify them removing gym battles and replacing it with 4 kahunas and says "durr it's literally the same thing"

>>29388205
Tell me, do you have faith that it will get significantly better than the first trial? How can they make searching for Pokemon or items any harder? This is a game about Pokemon battling and they've decided to cut down on the battles.
>>
>>29388050
>Let your nostalgia cloud your judgement

Yeah because I have only played the games once when they came out and never again.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1947x851px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1947x851px
>>29388232
Yes, but the other content could be a lot more meaningful.. I suggest to wait and see instead of shouting "it's shit"
Do you think we won't be able to battle the Captains? Even though they have a type associated to them? What do the empty lots in the cities mean? Some kind of postgame quest?
>>
>>29387562
Not the person you're arguing with but these two are insufferable as fuck. Why would post this garbage?
>>
>>29388356
Random video.
>>
>>29388314
>How can they make searching for Pokemon or items any harder?
By increasing the amount of items and making the area you have to cover longer, thus forcing more wild encounters. Pretty much the exact same way gyms increase in difficulty.
>>
>>29388351
>Even though they have a type associated to them?
That's literally because you fight a totem of the same type during their trials
>>
>>29388374
Or judging by your posts you actually enjoy these retards because you're a preteen.
>>
>>29388314
>This is a game about Pokemon battling and they've decided to cut down on the battles.
why do you keep repeating this
the first trial has the same number of battleable pokemon as 60% of the first gyms in the series, only DP has 1 Pokemon more
>>
>>29386060
It seems like SM are trying to be more like JRPGs than the usual game in the series. Might have more plot related bosses instead of not-gym bosses.

You can cancel your pre-order right up until just before release, and the game will leak before that. Wait to see the actual game before doing something rash
>>
>>29388314
Is the first Gym in every game more difficult than the trial? Is the first Gym in the games indicative of the difficulty of later gyms? Do you honestly believe they removed the focus on battles? even thiugh they keep adding abilities and moves? even though you need to battle two teams and the Kahunas at the very least? I'm not sure if you're actually being serious, but your logic is completely stupid. We literally know nothing about the game at this point, everything we know is the equivalent of everything before the second gym in most games
>>
>>29388427
My posts? I only posted
>>29388374
>>29387562
>>
File: DIReiv3I_400x400.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DIReiv3I_400x400.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>29386369
>>29386504
>>29387499
>>29387797
>>29387822
>>29387825

>muh difficulty
Maybe you guys should be playing something else rather than complaining.
>>
File: 1475316031393.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1475316031393.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>29388120
>wouldn't buy two copies of the games
>>
>>29388351
I'm saying absolutely nothing about the other content. I think that is what will redeem the game, but that the trials are going to be crap, literally in that same post.

Battle the Captains? Doubt it. I thought so too because of the type but that's likely just the type of the totem like the other anon said. I would love to battle them postgame but it seems highly unlikely consider we couldn't battle them to begin with.

>>29388384
Gyms haven't (significantly) increased in difficulty that way but rather through the battles in the gym. Team Skull in the first trial was just incidental, not something that will occur normally. Other than making the totem have a higher level there isn't much that they can do to make it more difficult or interesting.

>>29388473
Because it's the truth. The game is about battling, and the battles are being made shorter and less frequent. They can add in random Team Skull encounters all they like but that just collapses the content into the same part. When there would normally be a team encounter and a gym full of trainers, now they scrapped the trainers and moved Team Skull into the trial.

Yeah bro, it's totally going to change as the story goes along.

>>29388504
As a general case, yes it is more "difficult", but it's not difficulty that's the problem, it's the pure amount of content. Adding new abilities and moves means jackshit for how the actual game will play out.
>two teams and the Kahunas
Not sure what the two teams are but there's only four Kahunas. Better than nothing but still a downgrade from even XY.
>I'm not sure if you're actually being serious, but your logic is completely stupid. We literally know nothing about the game at this point, everything we know is the equivalent of everything before the second gym in most games
You're the one with stupid logic if you think a totem battle is equivalent to a gym battle. You clearly don't understand how this game works if you think the trials will be much harder.
>>
>>29388050
It can't be that he had a different experience, opinions that don't line up with yours is always nostalgia

>>29388294
What's with all the made up info?

>>29388530
They can just play games from Gen 3 to 5
>>
File: 42xi2SI[1].png (110KB, 794x645px) Image search: [Google]
42xi2SI[1].png
110KB, 794x645px
>pokemon was always just press A to win xD
>>
>>29388669
>but it's not difficulty that's the problem, it's the pure amount of content.
>You're the one with stupid logic if you think a totem battle is equivalent to a gym battle. You clearly don't understand how this game works if you think the trials will be much harder.
aren't you contradicting yourself there? So is this about difficulty or not?
Yes, the trials aren't the same, but you still battle trainers and a boss in them. And they're only 7, I doubt they'll be more challenging than Gyms (gyms have always been easy anyways)
If you're talking about CONTENT, then we know nothing about the game. At least 5 of the 7 trials are in the two smaller islands. The story will take a larger part this time around. The trials aren't the focus based on this
>>
>>29388815
It is. Post Wally's team or any other team from any game that's around that level. They're similar.
The demo is the biggest press a to win thing on the franchise, but it's a demo, and you're given an OP Pokemon from the start
>>
>>29388762
Made-up info where?

>7 trials
Confirmed today

>4 Kahunas
One for each island

>1 champion
That's a given, there's one in every game. Sometimes two.

>battle Facility
There's been at least one in every game since literally GSC

>sidequests
There's more to do than just battle this time. That's been made clear but there are no specifics

>Refresh minigames
Refresh is a revamped Amie. There'll be minigames.

>Post-game Gyms
This is the only unconfirmed point but it's hinted at via the empty lots and mentioned by the fancy Chinese leaks.

>special Competitions
They've been doing those since gen 5. there's one going on right now!
>>
>>29386060
We know nothing about the overall plot of the game. Sure we know of the Pokémon, the trials, kahunas and evil teams. We don't know what happens after the legendaries.
>>
>>29388826
Have to apologize for word choice because character limit, "harder" should be along the lines of content as before, and the content of the trials. I already said the the trainer battle with Team Skull was incidental. That's like the encounter at Pinwheel Forest in BW only without a gym battle in Castelia, and then saying "hurr everything's fine". We have no proof that there will be actual trainer battles in the trials, as they were specifically set up to be non-battling tasks. That would be all fine if you could battle the Trial Captain at the end. Oh wait, you can't, you get one "overpowered" totem Pokemon and that's it. Based on the parameters of how the trials were defined, there isn't a lot of room to grow. It's a shame, I'd hate to be wrong because I was looking forward to the trials for being something different, but after seeing how GF operates over it's pretty easy to tell when they would fuck something up.

> At least 5 of the 7 trials are in the two smaller islands. The story will take a larger part this time around. The trials aren't the focus based on this
And if you were listening to me, you would realize, THAT'S WHAT WILL SAVE IT. The trials are not equivalent to the gyms, but the plot of the game will be good.
>>
>>29388905
There has always been sidequests.

Special Competitions are online and less content coming from the games and more content coming from GameFreak. Refresh Mini games is really pushing it when it comes to what we're calling meaningful content.

And including speculation like post game gyms and online things from Global Link like the competitions makes the whole post less meaningful. I also think there is an Island Champion but with all that other stuff it just seemed like more speculation to make your list longer

Just stick to stuff we know and your point could have been stronger.
>>
>>29388886
>Post Wally's team or any other team from any game that's around that level

you mean the one where you're overleveled as fuck and just sweep him with literally anything?
>>
>>29389136
Might want to get your sarcasm detector checked, lady
>>
>>29389181
Exactly. Team composition means nothing, if you use your starter or only a few pokemon, you press a to win on any game. Tha was my point
Hell, you don't even need to be overleveled, look at Blue's team on the original games
>>
File: a true challenge.jpg (178KB, 945x525px) Image search: [Google]
a true challenge.jpg
178KB, 945x525px
>>29389308
this
if you think pokemon games were harder back then you are literally retarded
>>
>>29390179
>not posting the teams where he uses an Exeggutor without a full moveset
>>
>>29389308
>Tha was my point

your point was that you compared a pokemon fight that is genuinely challenging to one that isn't challenging.

>>29390179
this team is better than diantha's simply because it's higher leveled than the player's and can't be sweeped effortlessly.

you are retarded if you think previous games are as easy as gen 6.
>>
>>29390199
you're right, he should have picked that one specific team that happens to help your terrible cherrpicked argument
>>
>>29386474
>Being this poor
>>
>>29390210
>this team is better than diantha's simply because it's higher leveled than the player's and can't be sweeped effortlessly.

Yes you can. Especially if you have a psychic type and pokemon that can spam EQ/Hyper Beam. Also none of his pokemon can do heavy damage to yours because they all have shit moves. The only exception is probably Alakazam, but you can one shot it with any physical attacker anyways.
>>
>>29390275
>Especially if you have

There's the thing. You have to mention "if you have." With Diantha you can just sweep her with anything period.

>Sky Attack
>Psychic
>Horn Drill
>Hydro Pump
>Hyper Beam
>SolarBeam
>shit moves
>>
>>29390287
>You have to mention "if you have."
Do you know what 'Especially' means?

Hint: It doesn't mean 'you absolutely need to'

also
>Sky attack
Pidgeot will most likely while charging it
>Psychic
As I said, Alakazam is the one that hits the hardest. Reading comprehension.
>Horn Drill
Fails if the user is slower than the target. Wanna check what Rhydon's base speed is? I hear he's not thaaat fast.

>Hydro Pump
>Hyper Beam
Those are indeed good moves.

>Solarbeam
Unless you have a mono water or mono grass team, Venusaur should die before being able to actually using it anyways.
>>
>>29390179

>Whirlwind and Roar before it forced switches
>Psybeam and Psychic, Wing Attack and Sky Attack
>Mirror Move
>LEER AND FUCKING TAIL WHIP instead of either of it's STAB moves
>Dragon Rage
>Three Grass moves

Gen I was a mistake.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.