[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NicoNico video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 43

File: asdasd.png (349KB, 529x353px) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.png
349KB, 529x353px
Today's NicoNico pokemon video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQCTqgf7CyY
>>
>>29379021
those animations tho
>>
Cheers
>>
File: 1467543535695.jpg (25KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
1467543535695.jpg
25KB, 800x609px
>nyarth hayai desu ne
>>
Looks so braindead easy.
>>
>>29379021
>SUGOI SUGOI EEEEEEEEEE AHAHHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHA
>>
>>29379021
stuffing your face as usual litten
>>
>>29379145
>every game has to be super hard

I bet you have a DarkSouls poster in your room.
>>
>>29379219
Nice strawman.
There is a huge difference between a moderate challenge and so fucking easy the game plays itself.
This looks like even if I gimp myself in all sort of ways its still extremely easy
Thats bad game design period
Never played a soul game by the way
>>
>>29379121
>Nyarth
What kind of shit it this
>>
>>29379145
>A game for kids is too easy
Well shit, I wonder why.
>>
>>29379234
Then Pokemon is no longer for you

Move on
>>
>>29379353
It used to be harder, even if just slightly so.
>>
Hey Pichu got new Amie animation!
>>
>>29379234
I'd say you were right if this was any other series. Especially considering this is early game, this is nothing new for the series.
>>
>all trainers have one pokemon

>ONE

Jesus.
>>
>>29379374
No, you just got better.
>>
Is it really that fucking difficult to make a hard mode?

Make it extra hidden so that kids wont even see it if you want to protect them so much GF, like you have to input a button combination on the title screen to enable it.

No fucking excuse.
>>
So what move did alolan marowak and exeggutor use?
>>
>>29379408
Since Refresh will be useful this time I look forward to all the new animations and old animations I missed last time.
>>
>WAAAH THE STARTING AREA LOOKS EASY
Autism.
>>
>>29379021
everyone look at 13:28

we can sit
>>
>>29379219
>Dark Souls
>Super Hard
Found the casual.
>>
>>29379374
>Used to be harder
My parents used to be taller than me, my hands used to be as small as the GBA, I didn't know the difference between special and physical moves, etc.

What's your point? You want to be as daft as a kid just so you can have a challenge in a kid's game?
>>
File: 1474762057476.png (561KB, 1280x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1474762057476.png
561KB, 1280x1172px
For those of you who can't read moon runes; they are playing with the exp share turned on.
And it works the same way it did in gen 6.
Just turn it off when you play for yourselves.
>>
>>29379531
>>29379440
Nope, I replayed old games recently, much harder than gen 6.
>>
>>29379522
We can take a nap. We can´t sit.
>>
I was not expecting marimba music. It would be more fitting for a jungle, not Verdant Cavern, though.
>>
>>29379422
>all trainers have one pokemon
Then they're a quarter of the way to joining the Kalos E4.

It's Route 2, guys c'mon.
>>
>>29379145
>>29379234
>>29379374
>>
>>29379440
>>29379531
Not him but I replayed platinum this year, game is hard as fuck. Had to cheap out and reset 5 times to beat cynthia.

XY and ORAS were piss easy, even when i had the exp share off
>>
>>29379145
Just like every pokemon game, and a majority of all jrpgs.
>>
>>29379611
No this looks way easier.
>>
>>29379541
Which ones? Because gen 1 and 2 games are jokes.
>>
>>29379621
Name one Pokemon game that is hard at the beginning of the game. Don't compare Cynthia to wild pikipeks you dipshits
>>
>>29379589
Sorry but I skipped gen 5
>>
ITT: GF apologist cocksuckers
>>
>>29379234
>This looks like even if I gimp myself in all sort of ways its still extremely easy
Turn exp share off
Don't use potion
Do that and the trial will be way harder than any first gym.
>>
>>29379021
Any translations yet? The café in particular.
>>
>>29379669
Exp Share is still around and is given to you before the first trial.
>>
>>29379541
Because they were broken.
>>
How come he can use Nyabii but I'm stuck with grenigger and Pikachu
>>
>>29379597
Platinum is the hardest bar challenge mode and you're comparing its champion to the beginning of the game with exp share on

Also for someone whining about difficulty you sound like you kinda suck at it
>>
>>29379639
>being a faggot
>>
>>29379651
ITT: I'm 35 and a kid's game is too easy for me
>>
>>29379686
>challenge mode

what is that
>>
Lol who else thinks Nekoala should have been normal/grass upon evo just it's even more of an excuse for our narcoleptic kimono princess Erika to have one.

But no seriously waifu shit aside they should have. They did for erasing saves they should do it for enabling hard mode.

But at least we can spam Shady Penguinn to bring that proud mascot of his to the #ShadyMoonSquad, when the games launch.

Though no having a fucking ice/flying pokemon on the first island of the FUCKING TROPICS makes no sense. Like I get jokes about Chirstmas in July or like Santas vacation in the tropics but that poor bastard will DIE.
>>
>>29379651
>t. autist complaining that beginning areas of a Pokemon game looking easy
I hope you choke on this (You).
>>
>>29379739
http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/easychallengemode.shtml

Learn to google so I don't have to spoon feed you
>>
Guys and gals chill it, keep in mind nintendo was sucking our cocks with the NX cause they know kids are stupid and gonna lose it or drop it or break it cause kids are complete and utter morons. We were those morons, are friends were, are family was, and some still is.

BUT with that hopefully Game Freak realizes that who THEY suck dicks is changing and they need to. It makes more sense to let Yokai Watch just take over the minute japanese school kids demographic and finally Gen 8 make the leap with the story gameplay of making it actually hard (like facing the E4 at 70 or something) since they've made a lot of the post-game for us older folks in terms of Competitive, the story more for adults (blurred lines of good and evil, ginger-hitler wanting to blow up the world and kill everyone cause he is a legit whackjob knowing what he is doing, and the UB and Guzma's own storyline more than the "hey kids look at these funny wannabe Ghetto kids yeah! Let's make fun of them cause they're goofy for trying to appropriate a different culture (jab jab jab at us western Otakus/Weebus whatever and the like :P)
>>
>>29379864
You seem fixated on dick sucking anon
>>
>>29379808
>gen v

nigga everyone skipped that gen
>>
>>29379021
The game looks really fun! I like the mechanic with the Pokemon charging at you in the grass.

Raticate looks easy to defeat with its 4x weakness to Fighting. Does anyone know if they're using Gen V Exp Scaling?
>>
>>29379440
BW2 and Platinum are much harder than XY and ORAS.
>>
>>29379964
Oh boy here we go
>>
>>29379964
>I'm a pleb so everyone else is
>>
All this shit could be easily solved if they just kept the difficulty levels from BW2 (except without that retarded key system, what the fuck)

A few extra levels, maybe an extra pokémon here and here would go a long way
>>
>>29379374
Probably because you're not as big of a retard now as you were back then
>>
>>29379589
>Implying it's braindead easy

At this point in the game, if you have a full team or so and not just your starter like a faggot, then you're around that level.

Most importantly, it's unlikely that you'd have an Ice-type/Dragon-type and, obviously, no Fairies. So you're facing pretty strong dragons that resist Water/Fire/Grass/Electric (so, most of the things you have) and you don't have much against them.

It Haxorus gets just one or two Dragon Dances, it becomes really tough.

I'm not saying BW is super hard. But saying this fight is easy is just wrong.
>>
>>29379964
(You)
>>
>>29379021
who is the fagboy trans character

i hope he rapes ash's boipussy in he new anime
>>
>>29379331
>doesn't know what nyarth is
>>
>>29379589
every game needs a challenge mode
>>
>>29379464
They're not making the game for you, they're making it for kids.
Did you expect a hard mode for your copy of Dora the Explorer: Fairytale Adventure?
They really should have made a button combination to activate it.
>>
>>29379976
>Does anyone know if they're using Gen V Exp Scaling?
I think they use it, yes.
>>
>>29380032
Fun story about this fight.
My A button on my DS-Lite was very worn out by the time I got to Black. It'd take more work to press properly sometimes, and at others it'd press itself.
As I was trying to walk AROUND Drayden to get to the teleporter, it started the fight.
My Beartic was mostly healed so it took down his Fraxure, and died after one good hit into Druddigon. My Emboar was able to finish the Druddigon but was left in heavy red. I took down that Haxorus with the last pokemon I had standing; my Lilligant. Sleep Powder bought me the time to stack Quiver Dance like a bitch. And it STILL was close on coming out of that alive.
Gen 5 is the peak of actual challenge in the games.
>>
>>29380118
I mean seriously look at those fucking movesets
>>
>All these cute female trainer models
>They all have lifelike expressions
Glad to see NPCs finally being alive, even if they're only given two or three faces. Sprites with static faces all the time got stale, especially when their text made them sound mad while their sprite was smiling.
>>
>>29379864
Diantha's team is already in the 65-68 range, but she was one of the easiest Champions yet.
>>
Why do people think they're going to make Pokemon games HARD? The entire franchise is for CHILDREN, we're all just older people who still enjoy them.

They're not going to make this game franchise Dark Souls tier for your super ceral fucking hardcore gamer shit. Take off your rose-tint glasses, the game was just as easy if not easier when we were kids but we thought it was hard because we were kids back then.

At the end of the day Game Freak is here to make MONEY not please fans who are 20+ years old
>>
>>29379597
cynthia is one of the more difficult champions
>>
>>29380156
>Gen 5 is the peak of actual challenge in the games

Agreed anon. It's not crazy hard, but there are times where it gets rough if you didn't grind like an asshole. It's just the perfect difficulty for Pokémon.
>>
>>29380193
>Take off your rose-tint glasses, the game was just as easy if not easier when we were kids but we thought it was hard because we were kids back then

No, fuck you. The games as a whole got progressively more difficult until gen 6. Do a quick comparison between boss battle teams. The difference is obvious.

And people clearly don't expect Dark Souls-like difficulty from fucking pokemon. What would be nice is if the games weren't a braindead fucking faceroll like gen 6. Having positively no difficulty is not engaging.

Your claim that the games being easy as piss is good for business is fucking dumb so I'm going to ignore that one. Well, not entirely:
>we're all just older people who still enjoy them.
Yes, and these people are their customers. Pokemon has a non-trivial older demographic (people grew up with the games). But yeah completely ignoring them is good business right?
>>
>>29380193
Isn't like 30% of the audience adults? I don't remember the actual statistics.

I'm not going to complain that the beginning areas of the game are incredibly easy, that's just stupid. It would just be nice if we could bump up the difficulty, there isn't a really good reason to not include something like that.
>>
>>29380118
If a true challenge mode is too much New Game Plus would appeal to me.
>>
>>29380193
>Take off your rose-tint glasses, the game was just as easy if not easier when we were kids but we thought it was hard because we were kids back then.
That's absolute bullshit, go play HG/SS, Pt, hell even FR/LG, and they'll all be much more difficult than Gen 6 games, of course they're not fucking.impossible like some people make them out to be but the difficulty drop off of Gen 6 is obvious.

Feels like the people who spout this retarded "u just got older!!!!" meme haven't even played anything other than Gen 6 is the last 3 years.
>>
>>29380193
There's a difference between wanting the games to be hard, and wanting the games to not treat you like a braindead child.

People realize that Pokemon was never hard. Go back to play any game before Gen 5, or at least before Gen 6, it's obvious they don't handhold you nearly as much as now.

People who are complaining are doing it because there was literally no reason to make the games any easier than they were before. They may have been easy then but GF has gone on record saying that they're actively making the games easier.
>>
>>29379597
You're really bad
>>
> UBs inside Refresh and Battle Royale
Mindblown
>>
>>29379021
>bullying backpacker at 18:10
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29379374
It was definitely harder, playing through sapphire and Archie's first battle at that mountain was tense as fuck.
>>
>>29380605
Forgot to mention Gen 5.
Not the same difficulty as the last few games, but definitely have a good amount of battles that can faint a few Pokemon/get down to the wire.
>>
>>29380032
>it's unlikely that you'd have an Ice-type
Are you shitting me? Vanilite is in the Ground-Gym city and Cubchoo and Cryagonal are outside of this city. My lvl53 Vanilluxe one-shot everything
>>
>>29379864
>BUT with that hopefully Game Freak realizes that who THEY suck dicks is changing and they need to

I mean, I guess this COULD happen, but if you take a look at about any interview about XY/ORAS/SM you'll see that GF is fixated on the idea of making their games friendly for people who are playing for the first time, children and grown ups alike. They want every game to be easy so people don't get frustrated by them and stop playing.

Their way of appealing to older fans, in SM, was to add Z-Moves and Alola forms, to bring "more depth" to the battles.

Their definition of more complex battles is literally giving the player super strong moves and older pokemon with new typings.
>>
>Drowzee
>Ghastly
This is actually some nice early route trainer mon variety.
>>
>>29379732
>being a faggot that skipped gen 5

Thank god i didnt play gen 5
>>
File: 1hp.jpg (75KB, 480x533px) Image search: [Google]
1hp.jpg
75KB, 480x533px
>>29379637
I admit I nearly lost to a couple of gym leaders in B2W2.
>All that fucking Paralysis in Elesa's gym
>Couldn't find a Growlithe and all the fliers sucked before Burgh's gym
>Nearly all my mons were physical when I fought Roxie, so I would end up getting poison from the tanky mons that gym and they would retaliate with Venoshock
>>
>>29379021
So we can conclude from this that SuMo is looking to be the greatest blunder in the series. Nobody in the thread seems to have anything positive to say about these games.

Could this be the first Pokemon game to actually tank in sales?
>>
>>29381131
By that logic there has never been a good pokemon game because all /vp/ ever does is complain.
>>
>>29379145
When have Pokemon games ever not been braindead easy?
>>
>>29381218
D/P/Pt
>>
>>29381218
Gen 4, because playing through any of the games on that shitty engine is a chore.
>>
File: ColressB2W2.gif (13KB, 61x79px) Image search: [Google]
ColressB2W2.gif
13KB, 61x79px
>>29380164
I was really pissed that they went from the nicely animated trainer sprites in B2W2 to the dull character portraits in YX.
>>
>getting bossed around by a delibird
preorder canceled
>>
>>29379234
>Playing a child's game for 20 years hoping for challenge.

I'm not that other anon, but holy shit lol. If you play this for any sort of challenge, it's the late-game competitive play against other actual players. The games have always, ALWAYS been a cakewalk. Even shit like Whitney, Cynthia, etc. that people whine about. We will never, ever get a genuine challenge in a game designed with children in mind.
>>
>>29381234
>>29381236
But I beat Platinum with just my Infernape.
>>
File: dimple2.png (581KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dimple2.png
581KB, 500x500px
>trainers all have 1 pokemon
>that pokemon is a bit lower level

GF please just be a first route thing. I want to believe
>>
>all these faggots complaining that s/m is easy but it's early game shit

I never thought /vp/ could be this stupid
>>
>>29379021
>that backpacker
why did tpci add so many sluts to this game
>>
>>29381286
You must've missed the part where the signs says route 1 and 2
>>
What IS difficult to you? No RPG I have ever seen requires that much skill, it's more tedious than difficult. The only ones I would call difficult are the ones that deliberately use hax against you. Everything else, you bash them until you win. None of them are difficult.
>>
>>29380482
The simple inclusion of two difficulty modes (normal and hard) is all that's needed. And all that requires is adding more pokemon/moves to every trainer in the game.
>>
>>29381286
Actually, according to the leaks, a lot of HP medicine has been nerfed, so I'm not sure how that's going to bode for the overall difficultly. X Stat boosters now sharply increase, however.
>>
>>29381428
True, but also I never really knew anyone who used X Stat Boosters in the first place though.
>>
>>29381270
using only one pokemon is super easy mode, anon.
>>
>>29381286
hp items have been nerfed actually plus this is early game shit
>>
>>29381131
>SuMo

Fuck off.
>>
>>29381471
Hence the
>I Want to believe
>>
>>29379021
>three minutes to catch a fucking makuhita
>>
>>29381446
If you've ever played showdown or some shit you know how important stat boosts are, and x items just let you set up on any pokemon without taking up move slots.
They are hilariously broken for in game (Especially needed in difficulty hacks) and I beat the OR elite 4 despite being ~7 levels below them thanks to it.
>>
>>29380866
>my Pokemon that's super effective and 7 level higher One shitted everything

No shit
>>
You idiots are thinking about the trials all wrong. It's not a 1-for-1 replacement for the league challenge. When you beat the league challenge, you're the Champion. When you beat the trials, you become... an adult. Literally every child in Alola goes through the trials. It's obvious that the trials are not the be-all end-all moments in the game.
>>
File: [inaudible screaming].jpg (38KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
[inaudible screaming].jpg
38KB, 600x662px
I really hope the Ninty Switch has the Doubles ruled for all battles like in Colosseum. It let the AI do more dickish things.
>Protect/Earthquake or Explosion
>Rainy Day/Swift Swim/Thunder
>Follow Me/Focus Punch
>>
>>29379021
Thanks based anon
>>
>>29379464
I miss the times when games had button combo cheat codes.
>>
>>29381623
"rainy day"
>>
File: 1463164947950.gif (993KB, 450x243px) Image search: [Google]
1463164947950.gif
993KB, 450x243px
I've been a casual player of the whole franchise, since I was a child, I'm 27 now and I've bought all the installments of Pokemon outside BW2 and ORAS and this is adding up to be a really easy game sadly.

Here hoping those giant empty lots all through out the maps and demo are for some sort of Gym/Mini-Battle Towers for Post Game, if there even is one. Heard people who got ORAS were left with a fucking "Soon to be built" Battle Tower that never actually happened.
>>
>>29381611
>you beat all the trials and get recognized by the ooga boogas as an adult
>then head for a new region to challenge the league and become champion

K A L O S
O
N
F
I
R
M
E
D
>>
I liked the part where they kept doing the Delibird screech
>>
>>29381679
>"casual player of the whole franchise"
>cares about difficulty
>didn't play BW2, the one installment with a difficulty mode
>angry about no Battle Frontier, but didn't buy ORAS

You have the most invalid opinion I've ever seen
>>
>>29379021
You a real nigga OP
>>
>>29379021
Has anybody worked out the exp yield?
I know it seemed to be the same as gen 5 after we saw the E3 footage but is this still the case?

XY's gave a boost for fucking unevolved Pokémon.

I hope it has changed slightly. If you rotate your team often enough you won't be so overlevelled either.
>>
>>29381759
People are too busy autistically arguing about difficulty to actually try and get any meaningful information from the video, that's /vp/ for you

Did we get any new information from this video? Besides Backpacker Jill.
>>
>>29381722
opinions can't be invalid buddy.
>>
I just hope the team bosses are carrying around more than 3 pokemons.
>>
>>29381924
we learned that sm will be full of sluts
>>
We learned what the coffee shop does, sort of. I don't know what the items do, though.
>>
>>29381414
wasn't there an item in Black white that did this?

Some sort of key you had to trade and it made the game AI and pokemon selection harder.
>>
File: 05WngiW.png (611KB, 787x601px) Image search: [Google]
05WngiW.png
611KB, 787x601px
>>29380605
>HGSS and FRLG
>Challenging in any way
>>
>>29379021
Okay why is everyone using 1 pokemon?

I mean it's still the beginning but normally they get at least 2 or if they use 1 it's slightly stronger than the ones with 2.

I feel like this game is going to have a MUCH slower curve when introducing trainers with more pokes.

I'm not exactly complaining that it looks too easy but fighting a bunch of trainers with just one single pokemon (by the time you're past lvl 10) seems like it would get boring fast.
>>
>ghost types this early
I guess between A-Meowth and A-Rattata there are a lot of dark-types but I just think that's odd
>>
>>29379021
>Lv13 and already has full party
Why the hell do people do this? Part of the fun is building the team, not carrying around trashmons you'll box 1-2 gyms after.
>>
>>29379021
There is something very wrong with Japanese people
>>
>>29381070
>Not catching all based bugs and doing a monotype run

FUCK YOU
U
C
K

Y
O
U
>>
>>29382182
It's a first for the series I guess, but Rowlet learns Astonish, Litten learns Lick and Popplio has Water Gun or whatever so the dumb babies won't exactly get stuck.
>>
>>29382287
LOL.
This video is so hard to watch, just F U C K I N G M O V E
>>
>>29382024
Beating the game in Black 2 unlocked the Hard mode key.
Beating White 2 unlocked the Easy mode key.
The kicker is you couldn't actually use the keys without trading / activating them by linking with another game.

So not only did you need to beat the game first, but you also had to link up with someone else who's beaten the game to even gain access to them. And if you both only have W2 then it's only baby mode for you.

It was such a ridiculously bullshit system it may as well not have been a thing.
>>
File: 1426198198985.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1426198198985.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>copyright
>>
>>29382072
Comparing it to previous games, and comparing the first trial to the first gym, it's not too bad, since any trainers using more than one Pokémon would be bug catchers in the obligatory early shitmon forest. Or, you may get the odd Youngster using 2 normal types. Don't sweat it.
>>
>>29382287
they're strange by themselves and autistic in groups
>>
File: IMG_2197.png (222KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2197.png
222KB, 600x564px
>copyright
>>
>This video contains content from Pokemon, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.
>waaaah goyim please buy niconico premium to rewatch the stream
fuck off
>>
>>29382351
did the movesets get datamined or are we just relying on videos to know that?
>>
>>29382287
>Delibird makes a noise
>all those japanese adults try to replicate that noise

Jesus Christ, do the children they try to appeal to actually like that shit?
>>
>>29380193
Because challange isn't bad thing. Shame many gamers forgets about this.
>>
Why the fuck they shoot down the video?
>>
>>29382531
Just videos, soz.
Litten knows Lick in this video, and Rowlet knows Astonish as per the back of the game box.
>>
>>29379219
>le Dark Souls is the hardest game evah meme
>le Dark Souls is only popular because it's hard meme

neck yourself
>>
>>29381059
I really hope Gastly will finnaly learn Poison gas.
>>
The "y-you just got older" meme is fucking hilarious.

Yeah, the EXP share that gives you 350% for a team of six just magically got in the game because I got older.
Yeah, The free Lati@s in the middle of ORAS you get without even needing to catch a roaming one in post-game is just because I got older.
Yeah, the mega stones I get in the middle of XY and ORAS for free that give my Pokemon legendary-tier stats that only TWO other characters in the main story use just got there because I got older.
Yeah, the Elite Four using only four Pokemon instead of five just happened because I got older.
Yeah, the rival telling you ahead of time when and where they're going to battle me in XY just got there because I got older.
>>
Thank god for CFW and rom hacking.

Nova Sun and Umbra Moon will save this gen's single-player.
>>
>>29382577
doesn't change the fact that pokemon has always been easy
>>
File: poliwhirl.png (710KB, 1080x728px) Image search: [Google]
poliwhirl.png
710KB, 1080x728px
>>29382577
amen
>>
>>29379331
meowth
>>
>>29382601
doesn't change the fact that XY made the series go from "easy" to "wow I can literally just mash A on anything and win"
>>
>>29382601
Pokémon was always easy, but right now it's significantely easier
>>
File: 1476840144560.png (89KB, 575x595px) Image search: [Google]
1476840144560.png
89KB, 575x595px
It looked about as difficult as any first "Gym", so not at all. Nothings changed.
>>
>it got blocked
Anyone have a link to another vid?
>>
>>29382664
yeah
>>
>>29382679
Absolutely ebin. Post it.
>>
>>29382664
>>29382696

Sent ;)
>>
>>29379145
THanks for derailing the thread faggot
>>
File: Monster collecting.jpg (233KB, 1118x272px) Image search: [Google]
Monster collecting.jpg
233KB, 1118x272px
>>29382577
Just quit bitching and play the hacked versions.

It's clear that GF wants to make this already simple series easier. So just nuzlocke the games or play the hacked versions of them to give you a little bit of a challenge like most well informed /vp/ers.

It's a shame too since both Digimon World Next Order and SMT IV Apocalypse both give difficulty options for being monster collectathons.
>>
>>29381446
>>29381584
X items are ridiculously broken for ingame for the reasons specified. You don't need to give up moveslots for them, and as long as you can survive a couple of hits from the opposing Pokemon after your first X Defend/Sp.Def, you can set up on them freely by alternating X items and Potions and sweep their asses as long as you don't get hit by an unlucky crit. Speedrunners use them a lot too.
>>
Anons, I still have it open and playing. Can I download it or something? Guide me through your piracy ways.
>>
>>29382784
>SMTIV Apocalypse

Finished that in the highest difficulty mode (Apocalypse mode, DLC only) on a fresh and blind playthrough with none of the other DLC that gives freep exp/macca, it was by far the hardest monster collecting game I ever played, the final boss is ridiculously unfair, you actually do feel like you are up against an omnipotent being.

Pokemon desperately needs difficulty modes, and if Masuda is honest AT ALL about his claims of designing the game for kids upfront but satisfying veteran fans who want to explore the entire depth of the series, then he needs to wake the fuck up and include them.
>>
>>29381320
Also
>3d model
I can smell the wave of porn incoming
>>
>>29382858
You should play older SMTs, they are fucking brutal.
>>
>Pokemon desperately needs difficulty modes
children's games don't really need them
>>
File: Fuck if I know.png (318KB, 668x454px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck if I know.png
318KB, 668x454px
This was the only thing worth it in this entire showing.
>>
>>29382883
I played 3 and Strange Journey.

3 and especially SJ were harder in the sense that there are few savepoints and you can easily game over and lose a ton of progress, but in terms of pure boss difficulty SMTIVA on Apocalypse difficulty is a LOT harder. I can't stress how ridiculous some of the bosses are (Maitreya, Merkabah/Lucifer double fight, Krishna, Vishnu-Flynn and YHVH are the main walls).

You should try a fresh playthrough with no DLC on Apocalypse mode, it's infuriating, nothing in 3 and SJ prepared me enough for those bosses.
>>
>>29382896
Except the directors of the games say they are also designed for veteran fans who are familiar with the depth of the series.

They are either talking out of their ass or just failing to deliver on that promise out of incompetence.
>>
They answered the difficulty question in a recent interview, saying that this time they are looking for something challenging but not frustrating, so ADHD children won't jump on their tablet.

So it may be slightly harder than 6 gen, but usual pokemon difficulty overall.
>>
>>29382989
I think we all just need to get the fuck over it desu.
We have post-game fun, Battle Royal and online modes to challenge us.
>>
File: 1477195561795.jpg (12KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
1477195561795.jpg
12KB, 211x212px
>>29383053
>We have post-game fun
>>
>>29383053
I don't even have an issue with it, obviously it's more fun and hack will do it anyway.
But for the most part, things like post game activity fills the "difficulty" aspect of the game.

The only thing that ingame difficulty add, is the sense of adventure while building your team, but personally, before gen 6 i just destroyed everything with my starter, one cool mon and the legendary you find on your way so i never understood those pointless debate about "it's getting so easy REEEE", nah you are just underleveled and suck ass.
>>
>>29383153
Sense of adventure can hopefully still be felt with a non-Exp Share nuzlocke.

I'm debating doing that on my first playthrough of Sun, that way I at least get a little apprehensive about going into a trial (since we now don't know what to expect compared to gyms) and there is some form of excitement.
>>
>>29379021
>this video is blocked
>>
>>29383353
I have it open and it's working, but I can't refresh or even download the video since that would require me to refresh just to enable the extension to do it.
>>
NEW LINK
NEW LINK
NEW LINK
NEW LINK
NEW LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBdop2HIf20
>>
New sauce please???

Also for all the comments here, it makes me sad as fuck this game literally seems to be a blunder.
I beard with xy because it was pretty and new and even with the handholding you could limit yourself by using monoteam nuzlocke or whatever.
Now the ONLY way to make this shit game difficult is to literally bash your skull in the wall and play like a retard.

It's actually sad to see GameFreak sees children as literal retards that cannot and should not think.
>>
>>29383478
>New sauce please???
Learn to ctrl+f.
>>
>>29383478
>It's actually sad to see GameFreak sees children as literal retards that cannot and should not think.

This is the worst part. Kids have the highest amount of free time, they are the prime demographic to really get into games like this.
When I was 13 years-old I was doing Final Fantasy Tactics challenge runs, because I had the time to master the game and really get into the job mechanics. Was I autistic? Possibly, but the point is that kids have the free time and the quickly developing mind to really get into a video game in a way no adult can.

Speaking of challenge, I've been getting nothing but inconsistent street sign and store front captchas since yesterday, fuck.
>>
>>29383478
>>29383478
>It's actually sad to see GameFreak sees children as literal retards that cannot and should not think.
It isn't just about getting kids to play SM though, it's about getting kids to stick with Pokémon. Maybe that's why we've stuck with it for all these years - because it's easy and we feel gratified for beating it so quickly?
It's just marketing at the end of the day.
>>
The menu has an empty space, usually the Trainer card. Without gyms I wonder what we'll get this time.
>>
>>29380784
>>29379374

Been playing through all the games lately. Sapphire was actually easier than OrAs - At least Archie had four mons in Alpha Sapphire. The games have always been piss easy. We just got better
>>
>>29383657
Maybe it's the moves that have gotten better?
>>
CRAWLING THROUGH HOLES CONFIRMED
>>
>>29379541
I don't think you understand the difference between difficulty and false difficulty/problems associated with technological limitations
>>
File: ito-fault2.jpg (308KB, 525x542px) Image search: [Google]
ito-fault2.jpg
308KB, 525x542px
>>29383731
Do we each have our own hole?
>>
>>29379219
Dark Souls is pretty easy once you learn the controls.

>>29381265
Pokemon was never intended for competitive play. They don't have any excuse.
I'll wait for someone to hack these games and add the difficulty they deserve instead or whine here.
>>
>>29379651
If it means I can enjoy the games of a franchise I like, and not get overly pissy about so many inconsequential things?

I'll suck those dicks.
>>
File: 1412366392303.jpg (81KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
1412366392303.jpg
81KB, 540x530px
>>29383801
I know where mine is
>>
Character brushes off his clothes after crawling. Nice detail.
>>
>>29383425
Honestly,the game doesn't look to good...
and there's way too may GEN 1.
>>
>>29382623
>"wow I can literally just mash A on anything and win"
You mean like every other gen?
>>
>contains content from Pokemon
I'm gonna say it was a false strike, they'd have used "The Pokémon Company", wouldn't they?
>>
>>29383884
>You mean like every other gen?

No.
>>
>>29383898
>No.
Yes
>>
>>29383893
I think the problem was this video being from Niconico premium aka having to pay for it aka piracy.

Anyway >>29383425
>>
>>29383884
Your memory is off anon. Why not try playing some older gens again to test your assertion?
>>
>>29379145
like you, you ignorant fuck. play a fucking ROM hack if you want shit-yourself difficulty for Pokemon.

how dense can you be? did you really expect any different after XY and ORAS?
>>
Pokemon has never been hard without placing self-imposed rules on yourself like a nuzlocke. Gen 6 was significantly easier, but that doesn't make the previous games suddenly have respectable difficulty.
>>
>>29382577

Agree with your post 100%.

Seriously though, don't bother trying to reason with the "y-you just got older" people. Every single time you point out that the games get easier, they always say "LOL WHEN HAS POKEMON EVER BEEN HARD". I'm convinced they're either trolling or just plain stupid, since no one is saying the games were ever really hard, just that they were hard-ER.
>>
>>29379021
noooo, that new shaking grass mechanic is giving me flashbacks of the shitty desert route from XY.
>>
>>29379374
lol no. I bought Blue on eshop and flew through it and I didn't even play the originals
>>
>>29382577
>>29383957
Holy fuck, then don't play the games you dumb fucks... if you're that assblasted over the game's easier difficulty.
>>
>>29383946
Actually, you seem to be the one with the off memory. The games have always allowed you to easily build up your Pokemon quickly to where you can just one or two shot most opponents without any real problem.

If you are using speedy and rather strong Pokemon, as well as going by type strengths and weaknesses, then 'mashing A and winning' has always been there.
>>
>Japanese people playing game
>[laughs]
>eeeeeee
>sugoi sugoi
>SUGOI
>[laughs]
>kakkoii
>sugoi
>sugoi
>[uncontrollable laughter]

Every fucking time.
>>
>>29384044
I like it. High energy!

Americans play everything with this depressed and cynical attitude to them, like enjoying things is taboo.
>>
>only time I had a hard battle fought was Elesa in the original BW.

Those Emolgas- I will never forget.
>>
>>29383994
>I like X
>Creators of X make X worse
>"LOL JUST DON'T PLAY IT!!"

thank you for the useless reply
>>
>>29383921
then shouldn't the claim be from niconico?
>>
>>29379145
>early game looks easy
Every Pokemon game has braindead early game. Even though the rest of the game may be easy, the early game is no way to judge
>>
>>29384069
this. i prefer watching people actually having fun with the game, instead of someone whos only playing it to nitpick at every little thing testing if it meets their standards.
>>
>>29384069
exactly how i feel
>>
>>29384138
Dunno in English, but for me, it doesn't say who did the claim, just that it contains Pokémon content that is not allowed.
>>
File: CVk692ZUwAAyUz5.jpg (34KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
CVk692ZUwAAyUz5.jpg
34KB, 500x384px
Yall complaining about difficulty when really the only thing that matters is that its fun. As in, its enjoyable to play. Its fucking pokemon.
>>
>>29384216
most people on /vp/ are just cynical manchildren who dont enjoy their lives even a little bit
>>
File: 1474160396826.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474160396826.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>29384216
Remember, video games aren't meant to be fun
>>
>>29383946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQtia9ZyyQ
>>
>>29384216
So what's fun about SM? The 60 new Pokemon? The 7, 5 minute trails?
>>
File: 1455580442585.jpg (33KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1455580442585.jpg
33KB, 268x265px
>>29384216
>steamroll the entire game without even a modicum of thought or effort
>fun
>barely any new pokemon
>fun
>>
>>29384308
I dunno about you but it sounds like decent entertainment to me. Maybe not the most fun pokemon game, but a fun thing to play through once
>>
>>29384308
The 73 new pokemon
>>
>>29384346
its not designed to be fun for a grown ass manchild in his 30s and you know it
>>
>>29383425
This game looks amazing
>>
>>29384216
There needs to be a minimum amount of difficulty before I, and many other people can consider a video game fun.
>>
Anyone compiled the interesting stuff yet?
>>
>>29384346
The games doesn't look as fun as 2-5 GEN but its at least better than GEN 6
>>
>>29379145
So does your mother.
>>
>>29383519
I posted like two minutes after someone posted a new link, not before.

>>29384069
One thing is enjoying oneself and another to act like a screeching bimbo, specially when you're a young adult.
Plus you can really feel they're faking with their over the top reactions to fucking mundane stuff.
Again. This is GameFreak treating children like stupid drooling retards because that's how they perceive them... (?)

>>29383956
Problem is, they just took ANOTHER difficulty leap and now this game seems brain dead. You can't possibly put a handicap to yourself when the game challenge is literally "go pick pokemon on the beach and trow them in the ocean".
Brain. Dead.

>>29383555
Nope. As I said, I enjoyed XY very much because I played under certain rules and handicaps but when there's not even gyms and every "" ""challenge "" "" of the game is like an absurd Farmville tier mini game, that's when it sucks balls for any player over the age of 4 or without brain damage.
>>
>>29382601
That's a fucking retarded point. Even if they were never actually hard, there's a difference. If I had any drawing talent I'd make a comic about this, but the comparison I always think of is of a casual stroll through a forest. The path isn't winding, there's not much room to get lost, there's no incline, but it's still relaxing and enjoyable. Compare that to a completely straight line with giant flashing arrows, people cheering you on and giving you compliments every two seconds while making sure you're hydrated.
>>
>>29384446
>>29384465
Thanks for setting the record straight with the SuMo shills. The vitriol against this game has only grown stronger since the datamine. At this rate, we could have quite possibly the biggest blunder of 2016
>>
>>29384465
I like the second option better tbqh
>>
>>29384495
The absurd lack of difficulty of SM is quite honestly insulting for both manchildren and children alike.

I don't think the game is gonna bomb because kids like all that's new and trending and they don't stop to analyze what a gimped game they're getting, again, it's honestly sad to see how little a company thinks of their fanbase, whatever their age.
>>
>>29382534
>Jesus Christ, do the children they try to appeal to actually like that shit?
Little do you know, they aren't trying to appeal to children. Every day life in Japan is just flocks of adults walking around mimicking Delibird.
>>
>>29384216
easy games aren't fun
>>
>>29384575
Exactly why we need to vote with our wallets. Organize a site-wide boycott of SuMo. Maybe then they will listen.

It can't be that hard to do, concensus on SuMo has been negative everywhere on the site so maybe they could join us.
>>
File: 16 - 1.gif (3MB, 363x222px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.gif
3MB, 363x222px
>>29382897
In all honesty, Team Skull is whats really drawing me to SM. They're absurd and I love it.
>>
>>29384419
It's all little things.

>special shaking grass, the pokémon will come after you
>rotomdex gives you porcentage of dex completition
>confirmed 7 trials
>new aime background depends on your location
>can crawl through holes, character will brush off his clothes after
>backpacker from Unova is here
>we can't sit but we can rest on beds
>apparently the cafe in the pokécenter sells the beans for the new aime
>exp share works as gen VI
>each trainer class has a different losing animation
>the menu has an empty spot, we don't know what we'll get instead of the trainer card
>>
>>29384680
And theses details have pretty much solidified SuMo as the worst Pokemon game, and yet shills still damage control the upcoming blunder.
>>
>>29382051
They are definitely more difficult than Gen 6
>>
>>29384718
the only real disappointing thing on here is the gen VI exp share, what are you talking about?
>>
>>29384718
Nothing will ever be worse than gen I. Yes, it was important and original back then, and it holds a special place in our memories, but it's the most empty Pokémon game, plus you can one shot everything with Hyper Beam and a psychic attack.
>>
File: 1470105592593.gif (927KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1470105592593.gif
927KB, 250x230px
>>29384718
the only shit thing is gen 6 exp share you retard also

>shill
>SuMo
>>
I'm glad /vp/ is finally realizing how terrible these games will be.
>>
>>29384216
You know, for a lot of people games stop being fun when you don't have to actively try to win in order to succeed.
I'm not expecting a Pokemon game to be hard as balls but I'd like something more than just strolling along linear routes and pressing the A button a couple of times when a trainer shows up without even having to think on what move to use.
Gen 6 didn't deliver on that, I hope Sm will surprise me.
>>
>>29384718
Most of those are positive though.

But I think SM will suck and I think GF has lost it, they treat their own fanbase like literal retards. That quote about making the games very easy for the sake of kids who give up at the first sign of any mental effort required in a game because they have iPhones was the most condescending and stupid thing I have ever seen a developer say to their own fanbase. GF needs to fucking burn.
>>
>>29384822
We've only seen early game footage so far. it could get harder
>>
I think you're all underestimating how retarded kids can be.

My 10 yo cousin lots two times against Zinnia in ORAS before beating her. He had Mega Fug in his team and still wasn't able not only to oneshot all of her pokemon but to actually lose against her... twice.

God knows how many times he blacked out during the main story.

It made me understand why GF is dumbing down the games now.
>>
>>29384819
You and me both, partner. Maybe we can organize a SuMo boycott and send a message to GF that nobody wants SuMo

>>29384863
Agreed on the latter part. We must act quickly and redpill the entireity of 4chan on SuMo so that we can make our voices heard loud and clear.
>>
>>29384822
>>29384864
The first totem seem challenging enough for how early it happens. Both Gumshoos and the ally Yungoos have bite, and I assume that's true for Raticate as well. It's a bit luck based as you could get lucky and not flinch, but they can easily sweep an early game team.

Seeing that footage gave me some hope the late game totems will have around the same level of challenge when faced with a team around their level.
>>
>>29384890
>Falseflagging this hard.
Fuck off. Is this what the people,optimistic about this game will do now, pretend to be retarded to disregard any criticism towards this game?
>>
>>29384960
they don't have to pretend
>>
>>29384960
I'm not falseflagging, but I wouldn't be surprised if the shills did exactly that. They know that none of us are hyped for SuMo anymore, and that is exactly why they are damage controlling

>>29384974
Burn.
>>
>>29385002
Then you are just retarded. Anyone who unironically talks about redpilling is.
>>
>>29380118
challenge mode could be fucking standard and kids would still finish it
the lengths they go through to make this shit effortless is just sad, and that kind of stuff creates more stupid kids than it helps
>>
File: 1477115138874.jpg (17KB, 260x273px) Image search: [Google]
1477115138874.jpg
17KB, 260x273px
>>29385002
>SuMo
>>
Nintendo blocked the vidya?
>>
>>29385034
Redpilling is old 4chan culture. Sorry you no longer have an argument to defend SuMo and have to resort to ad hominem.

>>29385057
$0.01 has been deposited into your account
>>
File: B_bhxFyUYAAdI7d.jpg-large.jpg (9KB, 194x299px) Image search: [Google]
B_bhxFyUYAAdI7d.jpg-large.jpg
9KB, 194x299px
>>29384870
>losing two times to a post game character means you should dumb down an entire game
Sure your cousin is an incompetent retard but since he's related to you, I'm not surprised.
>>
>>29384647
>SuMo

I'll buy the game twice just to spite you.
>>
Annyone with a brain knows that the game will be mediocre
>>
>>29385079
>losing two times to a post game character means you should dumb down an entire game
>Implying that's what I said

Zinnia's battle is one of the easiest in the whole franchise. If kids had trouble with her, they probably had a much harder time against half of the gyms and the League.
>>
>>29385089
>Annyone with a brain knows that the game will be the worst in its series
Fixed
>>
>>29379356
Sadly there are hardly any other monster catching games worth a damn.
>>29379410
>I'd say you were right if this was any other series.
So you're saying Pokemon is literally held to a different standard? It's okay when they do it?
>>
>>29385141
Hey, I wiped to the first Zinnia battle a number of times, but that's because my team was all sub-lv40 shitters and I didn't want to resort to swapping for some other sub-lv40 mons that would have been better suited to handle Dragon types
No idea how anyone could lose the second fight with Rayquaza in your team, though

But regardless, I enjoyed having to figure out the battle in order to win. The idea that a game is too hard and should be dumbed down if you lose a couple of times is ridiculous and I seriously wonder where kids learn it from and why they keep such a belief into adulthood
>>
>>29384822
I'm hoping it does get ramp up later, I miss how fr/lg had lance at lvl 55 or 60 I think meanwhile your team is around 45 if you don't grind.
Speaking about the fun and difficulty, it's surprising the amount of people that actually don't care or notice the lack of difficulty in gen 6 titles.
>>
>>29380207
That Lucario and Garchomp was spook city, man.
>>
>>29385211
Kind of hard to top ORAS in that regard m8
>>
>>29379021
wow, they fucking blocked a video that could have helped them bolster sales

is gamefreak stupid
>>
>>29385595
The game will sell regardless. It doesn't matter.
>>
>>29380137
everyone on here seems to forget that these games are in fact made for children.
>>
>>29380207
that fucking spiritomb used to have fucking double team, that shit was hard
>>
File: cipher head evice.png (105KB, 795x663px) Image search: [Google]
cipher head evice.png
105KB, 795x663px
Remember when Pokémon was difficult?
>>
>>29382051
They're more difficult in the sense that the level curve is literally retarded and there's absolute shit distribution
>>
File: RETALIATE INTENSIFIES.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RETALIATE INTENSIFIES.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>29379637
>>
>>29381453
If I have to play by specific house rules to make the game challenging the the game was never hard to begin with.
>>
Show me one Pokemon game where the first gym and trainers up to that point are difficult
>>
File: 1470341250566.gif (2MB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1470341250566.gif
2MB, 260x260px
>>29381684
pleeeeaaase
>>
>>29386088
BW2 Challenge Mode.
>>
>>29381684
Unrealistic to expect from GF.

My best case scenario theory is that all those empty plots of land with Machamps in them are build sites for Gyms, and that you will be involved in the creation of the Alolan Pokemon League. It's a popular theory, but GF being GF I'm not hopeful anything that cool will happen.
>>
>>29386059
Easily countered by training more than one Pokemon, which is something gen 5 as a whole encourages with its EXP gain mechanics.

I'm not even the anon you're replying to, though. Lenora is a great example of a fair earlygame challenge. A crushing obstacle for those who are approaching the game wrong (training only a few Pokemon) that will hopefully go a little ways into setting them right.
>>
File: 1475789285970.jpg (113KB, 734x956px) Image search: [Google]
1475789285970.jpg
113KB, 734x956px
>>29383863
>>29379145
>>29381679
>>29382072
>>29382577
>>29383957
well this year was the whole 20 year anniversary, cant blame them for giving a little something to the old school fans, plus im sure the low difficulty and the many gen1 mons will halp many people get back into the game, thus making them more money, thus insuring better products in the future.

i feel like after this game they are going to start doing things a bit differently. but thats just me being optimistic.

dont lose hope anons c:

in the meantime, dont use potions, play on set rather than switch, and limit the amount of pokemon you bring to major battles, and dont grind for levels.
should be enough to provide a challenge of sorts, whether it be s&m or oras/xy.
>>
>ITT: Grown manchildren thinking that Gamefreak gives a damn about their opinions, or that their sad little boycott will have any affect

Keep it up you guys, this is the funniest thread I've seen all week.
>>
>>29382577
>the "y-you just got older" meme is fucking hilarious

>xD maybe if i pretend they're stuttering it'll make me seem more right!
fuck off with this meme
>>
>>29385078
Jesus, /pol/ brainwashed you
Sorry, kid
>>
>>29386423
This is how I'll play Sun.

>Nuzlocke and its standard rules
>No Exp Share
>Set battles
>Only allowed to use 2 items per fight, just like AI trainers in previous games
>if the game pulls a ORAS Latios freebie shit, I'm not allowed to use it, same goes for any legendaries that are obtainable before the end of the game at all

Hopefully it makes it a bit interesting. I doubt I'll run out of Pokemon in the nuzlocke, but if I do I'm not starting over, but instead giving myself 6 more captures in 6 areas of my choosing. This is just so I don't game over permanently and fall too much behind everyone else since I do want to get to the postgame.
>>
>>29386088
Gen 1 if you picked Charmander.
>>
>>29386136
Still not actually difficult
>>
>>29386634
Literally just catch a Mankey
>>
>>29379597
Platinum isn't hard, it's just really REALLY fucking boring. I actually still haven't finished it. Only pokemon game I haven't finished. I go in and instantly I'm bored. Worst gen
>>
>>29386634
>all those bug type trainers and pokemon in the forest leading up
>not having metal claw
>mankey

not too hard imo
>>
>>29380032
Oh yeah man, not easy. I just have to use ineffective Pokemon and let it setup, so that it's a challenge.

Awesome.
>>
>>29386784
>metal claw
>gen 1

Hoennbabbies, everyone.
>>
>>29380482
That team still soloes all of Kanto's gyms without finishing PP and by comparison it's still harder than Brycen.
>>
File: rb.jpg (58KB, 545x248px) Image search: [Google]
rb.jpg
58KB, 545x248px
Remember when Pokémon was difficult?
>>
>>29382577
>Yeah, the Elite Four using only four Pokemon instead of five just happened because I got older.
I wonder why are you casually not mentioning that unlike those that use five the one that use four are ten levels above and don't use first gym-tier Pokemon?
>>
>>29385211
>>29385403
DP are the worst though.
>>
>>29379331

People who Romanize Japanese incorrectly because someone told them 'su' should be arbitrarily translated to 'rth'.

It makes no sense, there's no situation you'd ever need to do it. Nobody calls 'Sushi' 'Thushi'
>>
>>29386905
>Leer
>Tail Whip

for what purpose
>>
>>29386971
It's gotta hit EXTRA HARD with that Fury Attack
>>
>>29386784
>metal claw

I got some bad news for you
>>
>>29385089
This, the 1st games in a gen are never that great. Plus SM is following in XY's genwun pandering, super easy footsteps which further reduces the chance of it being great.
>>
File: 1476973005886.jpg (35KB, 592x568px) Image search: [Google]
1476973005886.jpg
35KB, 592x568px
>>29386784
>not having metal claw
>>
File: oras is not good quality.jpg (2MB, 3530x2466px) Image search: [Google]
oras is not good quality.jpg
2MB, 3530x2466px
>>29387061
>XY is disappointing
>"Relax guys, first game in a gen is always disappointing, wait for the RS remakes and Z, they'll be fully featured and packed with stuff just like HGSS, Platinum and BW2!"
>ORAS comes out
>pic related
>gen 7 already

Gee I wonder why I'm not hopeful at all for this gen.
>>
File: cutebwgirl.jpg (139KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
cutebwgirl.jpg
139KB, 1350x900px
>>29386833
>>29387001
well fuck me, forgot about that, havent played gen1 sense i was 5.
my bad anons.

here, stare at this cute grill.
>>
>>29385078
>redpilling is old 4chan culture

you need to go back
>>
>>29387124
>>29387061
Boycott when? It seems that noone has anything positive to say about SuMo and the hype train already crashed.
>>
>>29386664
Mankey is yellow only for early game

The real answer is Butterfree
>>
>>29386908
Holy shit this

>Haunter
>Ariados
>Shelgon
>Fire Lopunny
>>
>>29387124
i liked ORAS's reduced E4 levels and no new routes
>>
>>29386957
The issue is literally the other way around here. Meowth's Jap name is officially romanized as Nyarth, there's just no good way to represent that within the Japanese syllabary, so it gets written as ニャース (Nyaasu). As for WHY the official romanized name is so fucked up is anyone's guess.
>>
>>29386664

Not available in RB

>>29386784
>Metal Claw in Gen 1
>>
>>29387195
Butterfree is also only an answer in Yellow. Butterfree learns Confusion at lv12 in RB, instead of upon evolution at lv10 like in Yellow and every game since. Who's going to grind Butterfree until lv12 when a Charmander with Ember will get the job done just as well? Even getting your bug to lv10 in Yellow or FRLG is kind of pushing it for how much grinding one can take for one measly earlygame Gym Leader.
>>
>>29387326

You have it the wrong way around, Meowth is originally ニャース, 'Nyarth' is just an incorrect romanization. It's not that 'Nyarth' came first and didn't fit Japanese phonetics.

There's no actual such thing as an 'official' romanization, romaji is romaji and english is english. 'Nyarth' is a mis-'romanization' only found on some merchandise, that's all.
>>
File: 298302742354.jpg (32KB, 295x243px) Image search: [Google]
298302742354.jpg
32KB, 295x243px
>>29387124
>Voltorb Flip
>interesting
>>
>>29379637
pidgeys in red/blue, sandblast the fuck out of you then peck/gust away.
>>
>>29387502
>There's no actual such thing as an 'official' romanization
So you'd rather call Zapdos "Sandaa" instead of "Thunder" in Japanese, huh?
Many Japanese Pokemon names derive from English or other western languages, and all those names have very clear official romanizations. Why would this not be the case for Meowth's Japanese name, even if it's not a play on English words?
>>
This thread is actually pathetic. All this bandwagoning over LITERALLY route 1 of the game being easy. Oh boo fucking hoo. The first trainer you meet doesn't have a full team copy pasted from smogon, what a fucking tragedy.
>But it's too easy
Pokemon was never easy. Never.
>But it's easier than that
You base that over, again, route 1 of the game even though healing items got gimped. Which implies effort was made into trying to make the game more challenging
>>
>>29387832
>Oh boo fucking hoo. The first trainer you meet doesn't have a full team copy pasted from smogon, what a fucking tragedy.
I didn't think strawmanning this hard was possible.
>>
>>29386036
I lost to this fucker so many times because of his god damn skill swapped slaking. I only had 5 pokemon because i didn't realize how far into the game Skarmary appeared
>>
>>29379021
>Nintendo'd
PFFFFFAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
I kind of like how many ghost types are being used early game, because Ghosts can be hard to hurt and it encourages catching a route 1 mon, Yungoose or Ratatta, to get Dark type to deal with them

Ghastly in particular probably walls low level rowlet and pikipek, so that means Litten is the new Easy Mode with learning Lick so early
>>
File: 1452553430357.png (301KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1452553430357.png
301KB, 500x529px
>this entire thread
die
>>
>>29388915
I concur
>>
>>29387768
>Why would this not be the case for Meowth's Japanese name, even if it's not a play on English words?

You just answered your own question, think about what you said.

And to answer the first point - English translation exists for that very reason, you never need to 'Romanize' サンダー as 'Thunder' because its English name is Zapdos. サンダー 'Romanized' is Sandaa, not 'Thunder'. Calling Zapdos 'Thunder' is arbitrary. サンダー in Romaji is Sandaa. It doesn't make any difference if it was taken from an English word, it's arbitrary.

This kind of 'romanization' you're talking about doesn't exist. It has a Japanese name which is サンダー, it's name romanized (Romaji) which is Sandaa and it's official english name which is Zapdos. There is no 'Thunder'.
>>
>>29389178
Alright, I may have stumbled over my own words there a bit. It's not 'romanization' as much as it is an official romanized spelling of the name. These romanized versions of the Japanese names exist, and have done so since the early days of the franchise, and continue to be enforced by licensing, if for no other reason than using them on merchandise, for example. They weren't simply made up by some dumb westerner with no grasp of Japanese, is what I'm saying. If anything, they were made by a Jap with a not-so-good idea of English.
>>
File: sunmoonmenu.png (371KB, 576x408px) Image search: [Google]
sunmoonmenu.png
371KB, 576x408px
>>29384680
Not sure if it's been pointed out, but the menu has two pages. The trainer card could easily be on the second page
>>
>>29388630
>What is Leafage
>What is Astonish
>>
>>29385079
I'm not even the other anon but learn to FUCKING READ
>>29384870
>God knows how many times he blacked out during the main story
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.