[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now, what do we think of the full Alola pokedex? Does it pass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (689KB, 830x881px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
689KB, 830x881px
Now, what do we think of the full Alola pokedex? Does it pass as Kalos part II? Do you think more new Pokemon should've been added to it? Less?
>>
>>29378341
I think I'm fine with it. It's just some of the pokemon in there should have an evo or a pre-evo in the first place.
>>
I would prefer more new pokémon and some alola forms as well. I mean, what's the point on creating an alolan rattata just to give the dark type to a normal pokémon that you are going to use competitively or even on the Elite 4 (if it where the case)?
>>
>>29378341
i told you, 6.5
>>
>>29378341
>Unova was better (including starters)
>Kalos was better (including starters)
>UBs are a way to pad the pokedex size; I only count non-legendary pokemon when it comes to "pokemon this generation added"
>>
I'm pretty sure they are going to start making smaller dex sizes from now on. I actually prefer having a smaller dex where most of the pokemon are unique and have their own niche, as opposed to having 40 filler pokemon like stantler and the elemental monkeys. It's healthier for the series in the long run too, so they don't have to reanimate or balance 1800 pokemon for a LONG time
>>
It feels rather incomplete.

If this really is the entire dex, I can't help but feel disappointed.

I'm not saying we should have like 200+, but this dex definitely feels like it wouldn't hurt putting a few more.
>>
>>29378714

At least a few more alola forms. It was a cool concept, but it feels like we got a couple of retconned ice types, a couple of retconned dark types, and a few other extremely derpy random gen 1 pokemon.
>>
>>29378628
Where is the unique dex in having always the same distribution of the starters, region bird, region mammal weak filled with HM, first bug encounter on the route and very weak....? I mean, not all the pokémon should be for competitive but this is like a deja vu or something
>>
It's worse, mainly because forgoing legendaries and ultra beasts 12 pokemon don't get evolutions, wtf is this shit? So many missed opportunities.
>>
>>29378341

What a disappointment.
>>
>>29378734

Unique from a battling perspective, not from a "region role filling" perspective

I'm not a fan of having the route 1 bird/rodent/bug or the cave bat every gen, but at least most gen 6 pokemon had some unique niche, and it seems like they've been trying to work on creating unique niches since gen 4. Diggersby has huge power and the unique ground normal typing, talonflame is bravest bird, and vivillon is pretty much the "basic" quiver dancer perfected.

You compare that to Sentret which is JUST a normal type, or swellow which is JUST a flying type, or Beautifly, which is JUST butterfree 2.0 (but worse)
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 255x197px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 255x197px
>>29378341
I feel like we should have got more mons. I understand that in gen VI they had to make 700+ models so they only made 70+ new mons, but I would love to hear the excuse this time. I know some GF apologists will play the "quality over quantity" card, but I'm not really seeing the an huge amount of quality in the Dex. The starers are great. Not the best, but certainly not nearly as bad as people have been saying. I do feel like about half of these were just slapped together. The anchor, Alola Amoongus, Persian and Dugtrio come to mind. I'm really dissappointed that so many Pokemon are single stages. I can understand some like Mimikyu, Crabrawler and Tumblrfish, but Komala should have had an evolution and Tortinator, Oranguru, Passimian, and Drampa should have been evolved forms.
>>
>>29378859
The anchor is great, fuck you.
>>
Better than every dex besides Kanto and Hoenn. Wish there were more mons and bad designs like Bewear and Toucan drag it down but overall above average.
>>
>>29378859
>I know some GF apologists will play the "quality over quantity" card, but I'm not really seeing the an huge amount of quality in the Dex

I'm not SUPER defending the smaller dex size, but like i said above, almost all of the new pokemon we have seen so far have some unique ability, or niche that set them apart from other pokemon in the past. Pokemon up to gen 3 were basically just "a fire type, but maybe bulkier/faster/more offensive than the other"

Now we have pokemon immune to priority, a pokemon that boosts its defense when it gets hit, some more unique type combos we haven't seen, starters have unique signature moves again, etc.
>>
>>29378850
So the solution is to change (just a little bit) the typical dex adding types or abilities.
But I feel dissapointed, not just for the number, in general. There are still pokémon types combination not used, so many animals not use as inspiration and so many good ideas from the fans... I'm starting to think that GF is very lazy. And I'm still believing that this can't be the full pokedex...
>>
>>29379175
>I'm still believing this can't be the full pokedex

I'm also quite skeptical, but we know how GF fails to deliver more often than not.
>>
>>29378341
I like it, though I miss the legendary trios. I was hoping they weren't going to abandon the mega concept, I didn't really like it, I thought it threw the game out of balance by introducing what were essentially legal legendaries, but it's stupid to introduce the concept and not follow through with it, now we have only two generations of starters and legendaries with megas.
>>
File: 1477007591235.jpg (48KB, 538x496px)
1477007591235.jpg
48KB, 538x496px
>>29379175
Ive decided to mostly ignore yay or naysayers on anything dex related, more or not until the actual games come out.

GF rarely delivers but you never know.
>>
Call me a denialfag but I wonder if they'll add more pokemon in the national dex like in Gen IV.

It just seems so weird GameFreak/Nintendo was perfectly OK with the datamining becoming widespread but other leaks in the past got actively hunt down.
>>
>>29378341
Should have had an actual ice and dark lines. Also steel if the anchor isn't. And poison if the urchin thing isn't. Otherwise it's fine. Oh and Komala should have evolved and Drampa pre-evo. Also male evo for Salandit.
>>
File: Alola Form Tiers.png (193KB, 760x1384px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Form Tiers.png
193KB, 760x1384px
I wouldn't have minded the smaller number of new Pokemon if we had at least gotten like 30 Alola forms. In XY we got 28 Mega Evolutions, and then ORAS added an additional 20. That was more than enough to get the idea across and serve as a "proof of concept". Only 18 Alola Forms feels like they were only just getting started. There's so much missed potential here. Unless they really do remake Gen 4 and retcon in a whole bunch of Sinnoh Forms, this feels like a waste.
>>
File: lola.jpg (256KB, 2577x931px)
lola.jpg
256KB, 2577x931px
>>29380161
Now rated by design instead of irrelevant "muh concept" bullshit
Funny how the best designs were revealed first and the most cancerous ones werent revealed at all
>>
>>29378850
I think you're overrating Gen 6 just a tad. Staraptor had Close Combat, Noctowl was a special attacker that knows Psychic type moves, Bibarel is Nornal/Water and Wurmple ends with a split evos.

Also whichever bug is the regional bug for Gen 5, its pretty great
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.