[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C A S U A L I Z A T I O N

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0567.jpg (14KB, 640x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0567.jpg
14KB, 640x210px
C A S U A L I Z A T I O N
>>
File: bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>29376152
>>
>>29376164
People always pull a denialfag but since the end of Gen 4 we keep getting casualized games.
It's people like you that is okay with this garbage and allows them to go further with casualization.
>>
>>29376152
With 4 Kahunas.
>>
File: 8576.gif (573KB, 500x281px)
8576.gif
573KB, 500x281px
>>29376207
>>
>>29376152
>/vp/ expected totems to be hard function like a horde battle
>it's actually a shitty double battle
>/vp/ expected to face a trial for every type in the game
>only 7 trials
>>
>>29376246
And hopefully two villain teams. And 8 ultra beast boss fights.
>>
*and four kahunas, ultrabeasts, two antagonistic teams and whatever we haven't been told about

>>29376292
It was never gonna be a trial for every type, I don't know how that bandwagon started
>>
no one knows what casualization means anymore
>>
>>29376207
The games are indeed easier, but casualization is a shit buzzword that needs to be erased.
Breesing is more accessible? Casualization!
HMs are gone? Casualization!
GF stopped using gyms as they are a tired concept? Casualization!
The bottom screen now shows buff/debuffs? Casualization!
Stop using this word for everything Goddamnit
>>
>>29376297
>implying any of this is going to be even remotely challenging

I get it, pokemon is a game meant from all ages, but it wouldn't be hard to put an hard mode in the games like every other fucking JRPG out there
>>
>>29376312
It means change I don't like

People call fucking reusable tms casualization
>>
>>29376343
>wouldn't be hard to put an hard mode in the games like every other fucking JRPG

Why should Gamefreak cater to assholes like you?
>>
>>29376343
OP was referring to quantity though so it's valid regardless
>>
>>29376366
They should be catering to the audience who plays their game you fucking twit and people have been asking for a hard mode for ages, as a lot of people feel the current games are far too easy.
>>
Remember, half the trials will be fetch quests. There may be one quiz, a short mini game, and then a normal gauntlet.
>>
>>29376366
>why would a gaming company do something to please a larger piece of buyers instead of the same old demo

I mean, Pokemon are still really popular and they sell a lot but there tons of people that are turn off by how fucking easy the game are. An hard mode wouldn't scare away the kids, but welcome some adults. It's really a simple solution to sell more copies, from their point of view.
>>
>>29376408
The Pokemon audience is mostly little kids and guess what idiot? They do cater to them

Don't act like you or anyone else on /vp/ actually fucking matters
>>
Why are they called 7 trials when there aren't 7 trials? Technically, the Kahunas are a trial, too.
>>
>>29376430
You mean the same welcoming adults that are too scared and call out "cheating" when fighting Battle Facilities?
>>
>>29376152
How about you actually replay the older games, you casual.
>>
>>29376442
A large quantity of older fans buy the games you moron and just because the game is aimed at kids doesn't mean that there can't be a difficulty setting as many children's games have had them before you fucking halfwit. Grow a brain.
>>
If it turns out Joe's just being a vague dumb cunt again and there are more trials, I'll laugh.
Unfortunately at this rate there probably are only 7 trials.
>>
>>29376507
>that there can't be a difficulty setting

I never said there couldn't be you fucking retard, just that Gamefreak doesn't and should never ever in their life cater to assholes like you and the other whiny babies on /vp/.

I know here you might seem so damn important but you're not.
>>
>>29376207
>casualization
So, since the begining? I dont understand what youre trying to point out.
>>
>>29376152
Well, it was obvious these games were going to be easy.
That said, since this feels a bit more like an actual JRPG compared to the other entries, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more bosses, mini or not, overall.
>>
>>29376207
If you want to be technical gen 4 started this "casualization" nonsense.
>>
>>29376327
>GF stopped using gyms as they are a tired concept
That's the thing, they didn't. They just changed their names.
>>
File: 7trials.png (415KB, 725x434px)
7trials.png
415KB, 725x434px
>>29376550
No, we hearded it in the Live : "Nanatsu no Shiren" = Seven Trials
(for the main game at least)
>>
File: [Me].png (34KB, 400x240px)
[Me].png
34KB, 400x240px
>>
>>29376647
That's a lie tho. They are not much different but they are different.
>>
>>29376408
>and people have been asking for a hard mode for ages, as a lot of people feel the current games are far too easy.
See the problem is that you are in what we call a vocal minority. It seems like there's a lot of you but the reality is that you barely register as a blip.
After all most players don't play pokemon for a challenging main game but for the same reasons they would play animal crossing so it's not particularly necessary. Plus it's an RPG, it's extremely easy to tailor your run to something more difficult if you truly wish it to be hard.
>>
>>29376647
But trials are nothing like gyms
>>
>>29376699
Not really, they just applied the occasional fetch quest that would happen before certain gyms like olivine and fortree for instance and spread it across seven leaders.
>>
>>29376408
You know you've spent too much time on /vp/ when you think the portion of fans who want a hard mode is big enough to be worth listening to
>>
>>29376430
B2 and W2, hard mode
>>
>>29376768
What about it. You couldn't unlock it until you finished Black 2 and you needed another copy to even access it in the main game.
>>
>>29376366
I buy their game and give them money.

"customer is always right"
>>
>>29376430
>but there tons of people that are turn off by how fucking easy the game are.
Not really otherwise pokemon would sell incredibly poorly with each subsequent generation. You need to understand that there's not a large amount of people who care about the difficulty of the game.
>>
>>29376803
That's not what that means
>>
>>29376207
Don't try to save your ass, Sinnohfag. HGSS is as easy as XY and DP needed a third version to stop being "that one game where the E4 uses Beautifly and Dustox".
>>
>>29376803
The customer is always right basically means make it seem like you're listening to continue recieving their money but do nothing for them.
It's not a literal statement.
>>
>>29376152
If it was 8, I would be fine.
>>
>>29376803
How to really speak your mind to a company:
Don't buy the product if it doesn't meet your standards

But who are we kidding here?
>>
Oh crap. What if the 12 types being given for the Z Ring toy are the same 12 types in the main game? (7 trials, 4 Kahunas, 1 Champion) If so, the other types not already covered by ones we know are Steel, Poison, Ghost, Bug, and Dark if I recall. Two of those are Captains, two are Kahunas, and the remaining one is the Champion.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.