[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Pokemon gameplay was...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 3021423-en_p03_04.jpg (659KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3021423-en_p03_04.jpg
659KB, 1280x720px
So, me and a friend were discussing what if we were given a chance to pitch in our ideas for future Pokemon games to GF. And as the thread title also suggests, what if we would reinvent the wheel and make changes for the core, main Pokemon games, or at least make a side game with these mechanics.

most of them would have something to do with changing the battle system, and let's just imagine the 3DS is the platform

>it would feature a new type of battle system, one that is played out like Pokken, or since Pokemon is originally an RPG, it would make more sense to make it play out like Dissidia did with Final Fantasy.

>basically, you have four buttons (X, Y, A, B) in which you assign the four attacks in which you give a certain pokemon.

>L for accessing other parts of the menu and R should work like dodge or jump, but coupled with an attack button it would work like an auto-lock targetting

>D-Pads would be item hotkeys

>touchscreen could show all info (like stats), if not also access mega evolution and/or Z-Moves

>Gyms would have specialized stages

>Z-Moves would be triggered like super moves, and would actually make more sense and relevant in this kind of gameplay.

>it'll need a string of commands to be executed on screen to be successful, so you need to time it properly for the reward of high damage (ala Dissidia)

>would actually involve the player's skill and not just rely on luck or rng.

>would actually make the anime to have more sense and inline with the games

>stats will still be there and can influence an outcome of a battle, but it will include the actual skill of the player to factor into it

>to make the game more balanced each attack has a cooldown when you sue them, so you need proper timings and distance yourself otherwise you're fully vulnerable for a counterattack

Imagine your Bulbasaur vs Brock's Onix
imagine the hype of the competitive scene
>>
>three Dragonites before you become champion
>in a dragged out gameplay
For what purpose. How exactly would this even improve on the game?
>>
>>29376005
>make Pokémon harder to play while on the toilet
It's like you don't even understand what the games are truly about....
>>
>>29376397
>implying you only play while on the toilet
im pretty sure the games are not about that either
>>
>>29376358

well for one, it wouldn't make the game full-on braindead, where you literally just press A to win.

figured it would be a good idea to add a bit of depth and actual player immersion to improve the gameplay.
>>
i like pokken
>>
OP you just gave me a boner. That's EXACTLY what I want
>>
>>29376005
>played out like Pokken
We already have pokken

>play out like Dissidia did with Final Fantasy.
So, bad?

>it'll need a string of commands to be executed on screen to be successful, so you need to time it properly for the reward of high damage
So Pokken

>Imagine your Bulbasaur
Faggot

>imagine the hype of the competitive scene
Pokemon has a relatively successful competitive scene

TL;DR
OP just wants pokken to be the main games.
>>
>>29377085
not OP, but I guess I'd want to see what he's saying. He's basically saying only the battles change from what I gather from his words. And it does sound kind of promising how damage outputs, speed of the character and etc. would be like in real time, at the same time being influenced externally through breeding and ev training.
>>
>>29377085
of course we're aware there's a competitive scene, but imagine how gameplay changes like this could actually improve upon it.
>>
>>29377435
You already have pokken. What changed? It's at evo and...?
>>
>>29377501
well, stats are actually something that the player can influence, movesets, held items, etc
>>
>>29377532
There's stats in pokken.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.