[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> ITT: You History Encountering Shinies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: Snot Grimer.png (35KB, 293x259px) Image search: [Google]
Snot Grimer.png
35KB, 293x259px
I think for one person I've encountered more than my fair share or shinies. I don't want to hear about ones you got through trade, wonder trade or chaining, I want to hear about ones you came across through pure chance not trying. I'll give you my history:

> Caterpie
First shiny, found in the original Pokemon Gold. Was young at the time and thought it would turn into a pink Butterfree if I evolved it, it did not.
> Weedle
Was just casually starting a new game on LeafGreen, found it near the top of Viridian Forest.
> Krabby
Seaform Islands, again on LeafGreen, was pretty excited about this one because it was gold. Wondering if it would evolve into a solid gold Kinger, turns out to be a black, gross Kinger. After this, I lost all of my shinies accidentally through file corruption, I only have the ones after this in my Pokemon Bank.
> Grimmer
LeafGreen yet again, in the Pokemon Mansion, this one really stood out as it was green.
> Tropius
Pokemon Platnium in the Great Marsh. This one I was so excited I accidently sat on my stylus and broke it, but I also was really worried since it's a lot hardered to catch Pokemon in Safari Zones.
> Joltik
Found walking around Chargestone Cave in Black 2. Was looking for N's Pokemon, happily came across it. Would have been so easy to miss it because the only difference is the purple eyes, this began my new trend of finding shinies that are just barely off colour.
> Shuppet
This is very recent now, like 2 weeks ago. I'm currently focusing on a Living Dex with Omega Ruby and went to Mt. Pyre to battle that girl for a Dusk Stone, when on my way to her, this one came out of no where. Again, it was barely off colour.
> Squirtle
Yesterday. Omega Ruby. I was breeding a Japanese Squirtle I got from the GTS to get 3 of them. So I hatched all three eggs and went to put them in the PC when I notice in the PC one of them was a shiny! This one was a VERY slight change, a lighter colour than the rest, but it had the star symbol.
>>
Now I want to hear from you guys. What games you found them in, what you were doing when they popped up, etc.
>>
Shiny Fletching in my blind nuzlocke of X
Was the very first Pokemon I encountered and survived until the end

I wondertraded my survivors at the end when I did all I could do post game
>>
Kadabra in Cerulean Cave, Leaf Green. Was on my way to catch Mewtwo, so only had two Ultra Balls and a Master Ball. I ended up using the Master Ball on it, and so had to go back and get more balls for Mewtwo lol.

Murkrow, whilst Horde training in X

Bibarel, in the Friend Safari whilst looking for a female HA Gyarados

Ivysaur, also in the Friend Safari. Killed itself with Take Down
>>
>>29373810
> Killed itself with Take Down
That's why I always throw a ball immediately.
>>
Aside from Red Gyarados, my first shiny wasn't until Diamond. I found a Ponyta. My friend thought my genuine surprise at a legit shiny was the funniest thing. I liked how the Rapidash turned out, too.
I somehow acquired a Shiny HA Venonat in a Dream Ball through trading. I could transfer it to Bank, so apparently it was legit. I liked the Venomoth Shiny as well.
I've found plenty of Shinies since in Y alone, since I was breeding/catching/etc. for my blue pentagon livingdex. I caught Dragalge and Clamperl while fishing. Then they gave out Xerneas/Yveltal on WiFi. I hatched Buneary, Kricketot, West Sea (Pink) Shellos while breeding, and found a Volbeat in a Friend Safari.

I want to personally breed a Sandslash for a Sandstorm team I'm building.
If I succeed, I'll probably get a Shiny Snowslash to match, when the time comes.
>>
I played Yellow, Gold, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold, White, amd White 2 and didn't get any shinies besides red gyarados until the friend safaris in Y. Then I caught three that I really wanted and my game got stolen.
>>
>>29373752
my most recent shiny is a ledyba in soul silver. happened about 2 days ago.

it appeared when i was headbutting trees trying to look for a heracross.
>>
Found a shiny Wurmple in Emerald, really hoped it ended up a Beautifly...so of course it ended up Dustox.
>>
Caught a Drapion in Y yesterday, and it made me think, pretty much all my recent shinies have been absolute shite.

Petilil, Haunter, and Drapion have all been a shade lighter, hardly looking any different.

That said, hatched an Aron a few years back and bumped into a Patrat, love the look them both.

Oh, shoutout to the Geodude that decided to blow itself up south of Blackthorn City. 2009-2009 RIP you beautiful orange bastard.
>>
File: IMG_0447.png (58KB, 442x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0447.png
58KB, 442x390px
>>29373752
>Camerupt
I was on platinum on the post game island just exploring, encounter this camerupt. At the time didn't know a lot about Camerupt (whether it has a gender difference like Hippomon) but I ended up catching it.
>Drillbur
I was looking for a drillbur on White 2 and to my surprise, a Shiny appears. Caught it but was conflicted whether to use it in my playthrough, ended up using a regular Excadrill (Not sure why). Didn't evolve until Alpha Sapphire.

I have other shinies, but no more random encounters, others are either found in horde encounters, Wonder Trade or Injected.
>>
I never count the ones on wt or trades anyways.

Not counting chains, I caught/hatched 13 randomly, which out of 2 eggs, i was only shiny hunting for 1
>>
>>29373752
Was trying to get all pokemon in White2 and I randomly decided to fish in one of the rippling waters that appeared in Undella Town.
Found a shiny Jellicent and freaked out. It was amazing.

During a nuzlocke run in Diamond, found a shiny Bidoof while trying to get the first encounter mon for my party in Valley Windworks.

Was trying to get a Yveltal with a good nature, so I traded for a jap. female Ralts on the GTS and started hatching eggs because I didn't want to catch one. 19th egg was a shiny with the nature I was looking for.

While trying to find Raikou in Leafgreen, I found a shiny Meowth on route 6. Right after I caught it, the next encounter was Raikou.
>>
Only one I've encountered randomly was a Rosalia back in Platinum. However, I played Crystal when I was a kid and played it so much that that the time is stuck on the maximum. I didn't know about shinies so it's possible I encountered a few and killed them
>>
>>29373752
>Wooper
My first shiny. I found it while I was looking for a Toxicroak in the Great Marsh. Thankfully caught it in the first ball, I was very worried it’d run away. I caught a Toxicroak a few minutes later.

>Swadloon
Found in Lostlorn Forest (White 2) whilst I was collecting the items atop the waterfall. It’s still a Swadloon because I think it looks better as a shiny than Leavanny.

>Swinub
This certainly caught me by surprise while I was emulating Pokémon Gold. I caught in the Ice Path after the 7th gym, but it was a bro for the remainder of the game. Unfortunately I can’t transfer it to be with the rest of my Pokémon.

>Hoppip, Shuppet x 2, Zigzagoon, Stunky
I’ve been very lucky with horde encounters. The Hoppip was a little annoying though because I was training for Sp. Atk EVs at the time (Pokémon Y, Route 7). I had to use a Reset Bag and start the training again.

>Elgyem
My shouldermon. I decided that I wanted to breed an Elgyem with decent stats and ended up with a shiny. It’s a bro at Lv 100 now.

>Gengar
I was breeding a competitive gimmick Gengar and thought to myself “wouldn’t it be amusing if I hatched a shiny Gastly?” and then hatched a shiny Gastly a few minutes later. It’s a defensive perish trapper, so I guess being shiny can add to the trolling.

I’ve also encountered shinies via chain fishing / spending time in friend safari / trading on WT but they aren’t as exciting as random encounters, although finding a shiny Metang after spending 6 hours in the friend safari was nice. Sadly shiny Metagross aren’t as special since the release of ORAS.
>>
I only encountered random shinies on my first playthoughs of several games.
first playthrough of Gold, shiny Eevee
first playthrough of Platinum, shiny Starly
first playthrough of Soul Silver, shiny Goldeen
first playthrough of Omega Ruby, shiny Skitty

a friend recently got a shiny Fennekin without trying and the mad fucker reset his game because he wanted a female
he replaced a shiny Fennekin with a regular one
I want to strangle him
>>
>Magcargo
In Stark Mountain in Pearl
>Tirtouga
Got it in Black
and hear this
Was fishing in heart gold to get a chinchou
and then all of the sudden a shiny >Magikarp
popped up. Insult to injury, was about to do the Lake of Rage event
>>
>>29373752
I found a Red Gyardos in the Lake of Rage once. Was pretty cash.

Nothing other than that, i'm afraid.
>>
>>29374109
Just don't evolve the little fucker.
>>
> Snover
God I still remember this like it was yesterday. I was training a pokemon on the route to Snowpoint City in Platinum, and in that game a shadowed sprite appears from the top left to the right, and reveals the full sprite when it stops. I remember watching the grayed sprite and noticing something odd about it. When the sprite stopped I noticed its hands were blue, but I couldn't understand why. It wasn't until the shining animation played that it truly clicked I saw my first shiny.
> Magikarp
I know everyone has a red Gyrados from G/S/C/HG/SS, but I found one in platinum while trying to find a Feebas. I found a shiny before I found that Feebas
> Rattata
My friend got SS a few weeks before I could, and was pretty far in the game when I finally got my copy of HG. I remember he spent the night that day and we stayed up late playing pokemon, and barely and hour and a half of playing the game I find a shiny Rattata. Poor guy got so jealous, he played nearly as much as I did but he never found any shinies.
> Roselia
For the life of me I can't remember how I got this one, I just know it was in Platinum and helped me get my Secret ID to help me start RNGing the game.
> Gastly
Again in Platinum (I played a lot of Platinum when I was younger) I bumped into a shiny Gastly while training a Meditite. One bad crit led it to fainting and I was destroyed the rest of the day. Ever since then I haven't found any natural shinies in any of the games. I even play without any repels hoping for a slightly increased chance but I've been extremely unlucky from B/W on :(
>>
>>29373752
>playing pokemon red when i was kid
>coudnt catch mewtwo because used master ball at something else and its really hard do catch
>soft reset million times
>at last try, i see a sparkle
>wow, shiny mewtwo, hope i can catch it
>after 30 minutes, im down to my last pokeball
>finally caught it with my last pokeball
>my favourite pokemon so far, transfered it to newer gens, he is still with me at pokemon x game
>>
I'm still pretty new to Pokemon, only have X and AS, but I have a few:
>Oddish
The first time I encountered a hoard of them, somewhere before the Weather Institute. It was second from the left. I was super paranoid I was going to knock it out by accident when whittling down the other four before I could throw a ball at it.
>Golbat
I got lost in some island cave looking for Team Aqua's lair (totally wrong side of the map) and those were the only Pokemon in there apparently, so that one was the result of inadvertent chaining I guess.
>Barboach
Total fluke. I needed one because I decided to make a living dex after playing through both games, but I didn't want to go hunt one down again. Instead I bred my Wiscash with Ditto, just got the one egg to fill the dex slot, and it hatched shiny.

Throw in Octillery and Corsola from chain fishing, a couple other seemingly legit ones from various trades, and some obviously hacked garbage from WT and give-aways and I'm about halfway to a full box already.
>>
>>29374141
>Ghastly cursed you
Heh. Nuthin' personal, kid.
>>
File: 1470925169222.jpg (140KB, 1424x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470925169222.jpg
140KB, 1424x1080px
>searching for Lunatone with good natures in turn back cave
>encounter shiny Kangaskhan
>quick balled that fucker

>training up my chosen Lunatone in the Skiddo ranch area
>shiny Tauros
>it's Jolly with Anger Point

I think Y was telling me to go mono-Normal or something
>>
>>29373752
Shiny Nidoran (M) and Paras in the FRLG Safari Zone. Within 5 minutes of each other. Both fled.

I don't even want to think about the probability of it to this day.
>>
>Electrike
In Ruby. I found it on the route under cycling road right before the rival battle, after it evolved and turned black I became the coolest kid in school and I have many memories of people wanting me to trade it to them.
>Linoone
In Emerald. It was on the route to the right of mauville that you go to after you get surf, I think I was going to the berry guys house and I just found it on the way.
>Magnemite
In Heart Gold. I found this guy in the safari zone so I was in full panic mode and after a painful 6 balls I got it and immediately left the zone and saved the game.
>Spearow
In Souls Silver. I was chasing Raikou and found it on route 46 and right after I caught it I got Raikou in one ball from full health so it was a pretty good day.
>Pupitar
In White. I actually don't really remember this one but I know it's the only shiny from this gen I got that wasn't an event or a reward.
>Mawile
In X. I got this one the very first day of release and I don't think I've ever been happier to find a shiny since it also had the best nature and good IVs and I knew I had a mega to look forward to.
>>
>>29374493
>Froakie
In X. I breed this one after hatching more eggs than I care to remember. Came out with a perfect 6 IVs and egg moves so it was worth it in the end.
>Geodude
In X. Almost forgot this one since I never caught it. It was in a horde battle and I had to watch it die as the faster Geodudes used Magnitude over and over.

I've also found a bunch in friend safaris but I feel like those don't count for much since they're so common.
>>
Ive only ever gotten a shiny Makuhita a few days ago on Victory Road in Emerald.It was my first shiny despite playing since R/B/Y
>>
Shiny Rattata in Gold killed it because I was grinding and didnt really know what a shiny was at the time

Shiny Eevee back in Platinum released it because I thought you could get another one.

Shiny Totodile from a shiny giveaway right on /vp/

Shiny Oddish I was playing OR and I encountered a horde didnt catch since I didnt have pokeballs
>>
>ditto
i found it in fire red, but couldnt catch it becaus i spend almost all my balls on mewtwo. i was pretty pissed
>bidoof
found it in diamond. pretty shitty pokemon but i was proud as fuck
>magnemite
also diamond. i kinda regretted evolving it into a magnezone

sadly those fuckers somehow disappeared after i put them on pokemon ranch
>>
My first shiny was a Metapod in Silver. I thought it was an error on my cartridge but i saved anyway after catching it. The next shiny i found was Meditie in Diamond at that ice rock before the 7th gym. I was bored so i just ran around that rock in circles because i thought my eevee would become a glaceon there. Instead i caught that shiny Meditie and i was 8 and thought they only appear around these rocks but i never found one again. I didnt like its shiny evo though. I never found a shiny again
>>
>>29374150
There were no shinies in Pokémon red
>>
>Gravler
First and worst scenario. Encountered it in Ruby, accidentally feinted it trying to catch it.

>Sandshrew
Horde ev training on route 111 in or as

>Sigilyph
The other day in a psychic friend safari looking for ha gothita line.

>Breeding
I've never intentionally mmed, so all these mobs were coincidental to me: Shiny Onix in a heavy ball 4iv, Tympole, and a 5iv (not in attack however it's 28) love ball Mawile.

Moral, i've seen my share of luck
>>
>be me
>26
>playing pokemon since 10
>tfw never run into shinies outside a hack or using gameshark

Should I just be an hero?
>>
Not counting shines that I traded for,all of these happened on Pokémon X:

>Electrode
Found on my first playthrough of X. Instantly got a spot on my team

>Basculin
Did the fishing method to get shinies and got one

>Luvdisc
Was hoarding heart scales and got one

>Fennekin
Was breeding for a 5 IV Fennekin and got a shiny one with 4 perfect IVs,doesn't have magician though
>>
>Wurmple in Ruby back in like 03. Clicked "Run" before I realized.
>12 year gap
>Oddish in Emerald ROM in '15. Found it in the Safari Zone and somehow caught it. Evolved it into Bellossom but I cant transfer it anywhere.
>Golbat in FireRed ROM a week later. Again cant transfer it anywhere

My shiny luck is pretty awful
>>
>>29373810
That is almost exactly my same experience in Fire Red. I was going to soft reset for mewtwo, but I realized I only had two ultra balls. I also didn't have an escape rope, so I had to run out of the cave - and encountered a shiny Kadabra on my way out
>>
>>29373752
>Fire red
Kadabra, leaving Cerulean Cave to restock on ultra balls and an escape rope to soft reset for shiny Mewtwo

>Leaf Green
Nuzlocke, found shiny Paras while training Spearow

>Sapphire
Wingull, before finding a wild Wailord to get the Regis lol
Rayquaza, soft reset for months. My little brother's game had a level 44 Delcatty with Blizzard. I figured there was no way Blizzard could kill - and it got a critical hit. Still survived with 3HP, but it locked itself into Outrage - so it's safely in a Master Ball now.

>Diamond
Tweaked/soft reset Shiny Darkrai. Forever stuck in White 2 because Darkrai isn't legitimately obtainable in Diamond.

>HeartGold
Shiny caterpie an hour in
Gyarados, duh

>White
Shiny Golbat leaving the Giant Chasm after deciding I didn't want to soft reset for Kyurem
Shiny Drifblim a week later while training the Golbat in doubles grass that I immediately put to sleep, got a next turn wake up and used explosion

>White 2
Dratini
Haxorus
Nothing since getting the shiny charm

>X
Onix on a Nuzlocke
Psyduck in a horde
Foongus in a horde
Foongus in a horde
Foongus in a horde
Foongus in a horde
Helioptile in Friend Safari
Aipom in Friend Safari while training Pokemon for living dex using lucky egg/exp share/exp power/Audio
A second Aipom doing the same thing
Random encounter Weepinbell
Random hatched Deino
Chain fished Gyarados, Clawitzer, Clauncher, Luvdisc, and Relicanth

>Alpha Sapphire
Chain fished a Carvanha and a Feebas on the same day, fun shinies despite being common due to chain fishing
Dexnav Zorua

>Events
Pichu
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Gengar
Beldum
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Xerneas
Yveltal
>>
>>29373752
found a shiny poochyena in a ruby rom
that's all :^(
>>
A little after Gen 5 came out, I was playing White after I had already finished Black and I was in Relic Castle, when all of a sudden a Shiny Cofagrigus appeared! It was my first Shiny.
And this year I was playing Gold, looking for an Abra to complete the dex when a Shiny Rattata pops out.
And in the last two weeks I managed to breed a
Shiny Charmander and Porygon in Gold Version too.
>>
>Venipede
First shiny when i first tried the Masuda Method in Black. I got quite lucky on that one and found out how great the shiny scolipede palette was

>Gabite
Found in X while using the Friend Safari method, was also proud but a little disappointed when I evolved it... At least the shiny mega palette is a lot more different.

>Pelipper
This was on White 2, I replayed it for a Nuzlocke and found it randomly on Route 13, probably while grinding.

>Solrock
Same White 2 Nuzlocke run, found while grinding on route 22, love its colors.

>Shuppet
Recent one, got it while wondertrading some Masuda froakie breedjects in Omega Ruby, will evolve it for my dex.

>Ariados
Very recent one also in Omega Ruby, was grinding some mons in sky pillar for completing my regional dex and found this one.

Tried to MM some other mons but looks like i got better luck while doing something else
>>
>>29373752
I've never encountered a shiny. Not a single god damn one.
>>
>>29373752

Emerald:
First legit wild shiny pokemon is a female aron

Platinum :
Arceus but i fucked up.. Catch rate is shit. he end up using struggle and killing himself
(I used fuckton of Timer Balls)
>>
>Krabby
In Gold. Was training a Pichu by surfing and this baby shows up out of nowhere.

>Beedrill
In Silver, after someone stole my Gold version, I was playing the bug catching contest for a Sun Stone and game across it. Ended up in second place to a goddamn Caterpie or some bullshit but who cares.

>Boldore
In Black just trying to progress and there it was.

>Durant
X. At work while there wasn't shit to do. Was training my Whimsicott and looking for Mega Stones. Jumped for fucking joy when I caught it.
>>
>>29375731
I've played through every game at least 3 times, i even have the shiny charm in X/Y and ORAS. But still nothing. I've always just wanted to find a random wild one, i never bothered trying to hatch one.
>>
I name my shinies after their color
>Sliggoo
looking for sliggoo for living dex in my second copy of Y (lost original cart) Named him Copper
>Sealeo
going to the ice rock in omega ruby to evolve glaceon and ran into her. Named her Lavender.
>>
>>29373752
I've encountered a lot over the years. Just the other day, encountered a shiny Mudkip in my randomized Nuzlocke. Had to kill.
>>
First shiny i ever caught was the a shiny shinx in platinum. I used it through the entire game as my ace and i loved it

Second was a shiny snover when i was dicking about after the elite four and was up near snow point city, i just killed it because i don't like ice types lmao

then i found a shiny geodude in my second playthrough of heart gold recently and accidentally killed it, feel a bit annoyed but i'll get over it
>>
>>29373752
That's just an Alolan Grimer dude
>>
>Zubat
My first shiny ever, in Leafgreen, I was at Mt. Moon and I couldn't catch him because I wasted all my pokeballs.
>2 rattatas
Again in leafgreen, I don't remember a lot about it.
>Squirtle
Again, leafgreen, I was soft reseting for a modest one until that shiny female squirtle appeared.
>2 bidoofs
In pearl, different runs, I jus catched one of them because the other appeared at the start, when I didn't have pokeballs yet.
>3 zigzagoons
In ruby, 2 of them in the route when you fight the rival for 1st time, again before pokeballs. However I catched a 3rd one before petalburg.
>Poochyena
Ruby, in the route of the cycling road.
I'm going to list the rest because I've encountered a lot, all of them were random encounters:
>Wooper
>Magikarp
>Heracross
>Starly
>Pidove
>Ekans
>2 geodude
>>
>Meditite
First shiny, randomly caught in Diamond.
>Geodude
Appeared in a horde in Y, the horde killed itself with magnitude spam.
>Frillish
Randomly caught in ORAS
>Swagold
DexNav Chain 88, 3 weeks ago
>Eevee
Accidentally bred it, trying to IV breed one about 2 weeks ago
>Zigzagoon
Horde EV training last week
>Oddish
Horde EV training last week
>>
Girafarig on my first playthrough of Pokemon Gold before encountering the Red Gyarados. I was like 8 years old at the time, I caught it but I think I left it in my PC forever

I've never encountered another one ever
>>
File: 1476840523057.jpg (599KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476840523057.jpg
599KB, 1200x1600px
>>29373752
>Tentacool
First shiny, caught it in Gold version as a kid. Didn't understand why the fuck it was different.
>Girafarig
Found it in Crystal, again as a kid. Still didn't know what the fuck I had at the time. Never made the connection to my previous Tentacool.
>Skarmory
Found it in Sapphire, gave it to a friend for his Birthday. I wish I had kept it, Skarmory is one of my favorites now and he turned out to be a shithead.
>Scraggy
Hatched it while doing a breeding project in White. Gave it away on WFG for free because I fucking hate Scraggy/Scrafty and wanted it to go to someone who'd like it. Came out with an ideal nature and pretty good IVs too. I was not MM'ing and did not have a charm.
>Sewaddle
Found it in White just fucking around, also gave it away on WFG to a good home.

I've found way more than I should have.
>>
>>29373752

>Ralts
Catch it in Gen 3 right off Petalburg. It was great.

>Togepi
I hatched a shiny Togepi. A shiny fucking Togepi. It's red/blue markings are swapped FFS. Sat in my box until I lost HG/SS.

>Dratini
>Tell Gf about .Medusa Method
>Joking say if I hatch a shiny Dratini (her favorite 'Mon) I'll give it to her
>She watched it hatch.

>Eevee
Again I was trying to breed Pokemon and a shiny popped out. Evolved it into a neat neon green Espeon. Love it to death.

>Oddish
It's hard not to find one o these fucks when horde training.
>>
>>29373752
I've found 6 random wild shinies.

>Tentacool
Found on one of the many SoulSilver water routes!

>Mareep
I was hunting for Woopers and found this fluffy pink sheep.

>Joltik
Randomly found in Chargestone

>Venipede
Randomly found in Pinwheel Forest

>Wingull
I was grinding and THANKFULLY noticed this one's green wings before taking it out. It's now a Pelliper

>Gulpin
I was looking for a sticky hold Gulpin and found this one. It has liquid ooze btw.

I unfortunately lost Scolipede, Tentacool, and Joltik when my Pokémon X had a saving glitch and self deleted.
>>
First shiny was a Zubat in Meteor Falls on Ruby, caught two more shiny Zubats and a shiny Whismur on the same game but the file got corrupted. I also hatched a shiny Larvitar and Snover in Omega Ruby.
>>
>>29373752
My first shiny was the Lake of Rage Gyarados
>>
File: 2398-Shiny-Staraptor.png (28KB, 572x750px) Image search: [Google]
2398-Shiny-Staraptor.png
28KB, 572x750px
>Staraptor
Was playing Platinum, doing some training around Turnback Cave while watching Captain America. Caught it as a Staravia, trained it for maybe two levels. Discovered what Action Replay was, somehow turned it into a female and it was no longer shiny.
>Budew
Was replaying X, wondertraded it afterwards because it was around the time I, for some reason, just randomly traded good Pokémon for no reason.
>Skarmory
Caught it in Omega Ruby, used it in my final team. Stored it in Bank for a while, and at some point, I lost all of my Bank Pokémon, including special event legendaries, Pokémon I got as gifts from friends, and all my Pokémon from Gen 5 and 6.

Any other shiny has been special event/gift Pokémon.
>>
File: received_1264637390233831.jpg (18KB, 720x535px) Image search: [Google]
received_1264637390233831.jpg
18KB, 720x535px
I bread a shiny treecko for my OR playthrough, and ended up with a shiny goldeen early on.
While completing the living dex in XY, I wanted a blue shellos, so I decided to trade it up with some other mons from diamond and black. Went out and caught one in a net ball, and didn't realize it was shiny until I loaded it up in Y version. Mfw
>>
Hmm

>Gloom
I was out catching crap Pokémon in HeartGold south of Cerulean so I could trade them over for my good stuff in Platinum (HG just came out) and suddenly I found a green gloom. I think I traded it away

>Sentret
After BW came out I started a new HG playthrough. Just got poke balls and I was leaving New Bark town and the first sentret was shiny. Useless but Furret looks cool

>Tangela
Some time after Y came out I was in a friend safari and found a green Tangela

>Frogdier
The very next day I kept going through friend safaris and found a shiny frogadier. Too bad he has Torrent
>>
Shiny Patrat in pokemon black and shiny watchog in pokemon black never seen a shiny since
>>
>Red Gyarados in GSC and XY
Lake of Rage, and legit catch on first Old Rod throw. Blew my mind since I kept that Gyarados through the E4 in both gens.
>Roselia (first legit catch) in Pearl
Just trying to level, and a wild one popped up.
>Absol in B2W2
Caught it in the wild when grinding a bit. Used it through the E4 due to overleveling it.
>Charmander and Sandshrew in XY
Both hatched. Charmander is Timid, pentaperfect (low attack), and is EV trained for SpAtk and Speed. Took over 200 eggs, and I was happy when I saw its stats. Sandshrew has its hidden ability and knows Rototiller because I was bored and wanted it to have some kind of egg move. Eleven eggs later, I got it.
>Various legendaries
Event shinies aren't ones I claim as my own, but I have a lot of them.

I admit to cheating in all others since in earlier gens I had absolutely shitty luck, and I got a fucking ton of them from Wonder Trade, but these were legit caught/hatched/earned legitimately.
>>
>>29374856
Pretty sure this is copypasta fren
>>
>Whismur
Found this guy in my first ruby playthrough when I was 8. Luckily, unlike a lot of other yungins, I knew something was unique about it.
For some reason I called it an "angel Pokemon"
>Poochyena
Found this one in my emerald playthrough. Boxed my starter and used this instead.
>Geodude
Was playing platinum when I found this one. The talk on the playground was that if you bred a shiny with a non shiny you'd always get a shiny in the egg.
I was dissapointed by the truth.
>Amoongus
Caught it in black. Never used it.
>Chikorita
First Pokemon I ever hunted for. It took me about 4,500 SRs.
>Starly
Another hunted 'mon.
>Drilbur
Found this while hunting for an Aron.
>Sableye, Wailmer, Roselia
Found these in rom hacks, not really counting them.
>Diggursby
Most recent shiny I can remember. It was adamant with huge power so I was pretty happy about it.
I'm currently hunting for a Seedot in OR.
>>
>>29373752
Besides obvious shiny Gyrados.
Emerald: Shiny Zubat. Named Coalbat -> Growbat -> Lovebat bcause of the colors changing. Lost the cartridge before Gen 4 came out.
Diamond & Platinum: A Kricketot and Bronzor that literally have never been used.
Gen 5: Nothing
Gen 6: Shiny Venipede on my last run of X to fill out the dex. SOMEHOW have gotten a Shiny Unown X and Venomoth in ORAS when mirage spot hunting.
>>
File: image.png (53KB, 334x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
53KB, 334x355px
>Wingull
first shiny, playing emerald, just wandering around some route. Litterally had a 5 second pause before I noticed it was shiny and I was super excited. accidentally killed by a critical hit. I was fucking horrified.
>Red gyarados
Soul silver, this one probably doesn't count but hey I finally had one. I was happy.
>Bunnelby
Litterally ~35 minutes into XY. Threw my great ball at it and caught it.
>Poliwhirl
I was chain fishing for fun. Managed to get it after a 30 chain. Caught it with a net ball.
>>
I never encountered a single shiny mon. you guys are super lucky.
Red Gyarados doesn't count obviously.
>>
>>29373752
In my recent/current run of HG, I was dicking around in the Safari Zone since I hadn't spent much time in that iteration of it in my previous run throughs. I was on my way out, feeling satisfied with my explorations, when, like a punch to the fucking dick, a shiny Larvitar pops up. I swear, the whole time I was shitting my pants, but somehow the little gal stuck around long enough for me to catch her
I'm excited to take on Kanto with my shiny T-tar when it finally evolves
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.