/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will this shit ever be fully done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: file.png (328KB, 493x380px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
328KB, 493x380px
will this shit ever be fully done?
>>
>>29373095
Probably not.
>>
As with all fan made things, assume no. Some of them have said its almost really tots ready and after sun/moon realase it will be out and they are holding back ntentionally for some reason or another.

I say they are full of crap, but you never know.
>>
the project is many years behind schedule, so no

stop asking
>>
Why not start a more organized, better /vp/ game?
>>
I like a lot of the fakemon in it :(
>>
>>29373095
every time a thread is made the release gets pushed back a month
>>
Hows pokemon clover's progress as well?
>>
>>29373095
Today I ended up playing ck2, so I didn't make a map. Good thing I still organised dialogue for andante beach, and the map isn't even for this demo, so today wasn't a complete loss.
>>
>>29374640
Camerupt who was leading the project and doing a good job went on vacation for a month and everything fell apart without him. If we were to somehow get in contact with the main devs who had the ROMs and shit then it shouldn't be difficult to finish off what was left to do, it was nearly finished (1.0 anyway).
>>
>>29374812
Camerupt posted in /heg/ that clover was returning soon
>>
>>29374872
GIT HYPE
>>
>>29373095
Whats wrong with that title screen op? It looks done to me.
>>
>>29373668
kek
>>
If trump wins we're not releasing any demos
>>
>>29376434
This

but also
>>29373156
this.
>>
>>29373214
That implies there was ever a schedule
>>
Post the Andante Gym webm
>>
hi hi again
didn't update this but the last thread i posted it in was pretty small
http://pastebin.com/raw/wW4kXaqB
>>
>>29377870
>doubles grass
Stop spreading this meme David, this isn't happening
>>
>>29377870
Thanks for the update!
>>
>>29377870
Make sage sunday, post cripplechan link pls!
>>
>>29379137
No and no

Join skype if you want to contribute. If David gets squirrelly he can make a Sage Sunday, but if not the next one probably won't be until a substantial amount of that pastebin list is done or 2.0 is done.
>>
File: smug blobbo.png (262KB, 445x314px) Image search: [Google]
smug blobbo.png
262KB, 445x314px
>>29374872
>>29374812
Clover dev here. And it's getting out more sooner than you think
>>
>>29379456
come back and hang out in the discord whenever, it was fun hearing your dev horror stories
>>
>>29379137
Are you an aryan nation member? Are you less than half fluent in English and unable to type? Do you lack even a minor interest in pokemon or art or math or writing? Do you not own a computer, cellphone, tablet, library card or functioning video game console with browaee capabilities? Are you unable to come up with some idea of what you could help with before being added only to forget about it and only observe, vote and/or shitpost within a week? If the answer was no to even two of those questions then congratulations! You meet the low low low bar of ability to join Pokemon Sage official development channels.

Reply with even a minor implication of wanting to join and somebody from Skype will post their username publically for you to add and others to spam and harass endlessly!
>>
>>29373204
if anything, they were probably talking about the latest demo being almost really tots ready.

They're not even on the 2nd gym yet.
>>
>>29373508
There are no programmers. Without programmers you don't have a game. Designing mons is easy, but I think it's mainly the issue of no programmers readily available that keeps progress back.
>>
>>29380184
You know there is a pastebin above detailing exactly where we are right?
>>
>>29380275
yes I do, and as it says, it's "almost really tots ready."

At least they have everything they need organized, but who knows when it'll actually be finished. It's always "almost finished" and has been that way for months.
>>
>>29380653
Except we're not on Gym 2, we're on Gym 3, ya knob.
>>
File: Komala.600.2015787.png (366KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Komala.600.2015787.png
366KB, 600x600px
>>29374812
>>29374872
>>29379456
It's still coming.

We're getting very close to completing a side project made in essentials that will hopefully drum up support for the main gba game, so be on the lookout for that sometime soon.
>>
>>29381170
Lol fake trip. Nice. We're not doing any side project. No false hope.
>>
>>29380245
I thought it's the other way around.

Plus, Freestyle, custom engines represent a sure sue threat from Nintendo or TPC. They hate fangames. Rom hacking is a safer bet but limits you in what you can do. Plus debugging is way harder.
>>
>>29373095
Yes.

Too bad when it is though, it'll be far far behind the main series. I just remember in the first demo, how there was a graphic talking about how they'll be making better backgrounds than the main series. I think they mentioned the backgrounds not making sense because they reused some of them despite your location. What's funny is that while Sage was supposed to be the better version, real Pokemon has moved far far beyond what Sage was meant to push for, (I think Sage started back in the Gen IV era?) to the point that they had to go and deny implementing any new features like Megas or the Fairy type. If I recall Sage excuses this as them being "in the golden age" of pokemon, though in reality, they're just stuck in the past.

Anyway I wll play the game when it comes out eventually. I'm sure I'll enjoy it for what it is, but at this point I just hope the devs push it to be its own thing.
>>
>>29373095
Imagine Luchalitten in Smash.
>>
>>29381170
nice blobbos therian
>>
File: 172 mimimie Sugi.png (413KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
172 mimimie Sugi.png
413KB, 1280x1280px
>>29374640
we're coming in hot and SOON, anon
>>
>>29382446
Wow, people think sage is a lot older than it is. Gen VI era would be before 2010. Sage started at the end of 2012. It takes graphical inspiration from gen's 3, 4 and 5 and makes something unique amongst generations and fan games. It uses psuedo gen 5 mechanics, except where some aspects of gen 4 remain or new things are invented. Adding megas, and fairies and Z moves and trials and Battle Maisons would be needlessly toeing the line without any independent creative thought or drive. An entirely new set of Pokemon, with entirely new graphical elements from battle sprites go NPCs to UI to tiles, with new moves and mechanics, with a new story, in a new region, in its own engine on a new platform. That's already pushing to be it's own thing.
>>
>>29383736
>Gen VI era would be before 2010
>>
>>29381568
>custom engines represent a sure sue threat from Nintendo or TPC.
Pokemon Essentials has been around for years with no issue.
>>
Reminder that the devs of Pokemon Uranium were just giant fucking pussies and Nintendo never actually went after them
>>
>>29384145
It's what you call a tyop
>>
>>29380245
I'm a programmer. But I don't want to waste my time on this.
I would do it for a pay
>>
>>29373095

It's still in progress, go check their twitter and wikia. It's not abandoned, just slow, they are working on a new demo.
>>
>>29384753
What about the cripplechan being down?
>>
>>29384761
It isn't down.
>>
>>29384924
>>29384761
Wait, your site was down? What?
>>
File: RarestPepe.png (36KB, 399x412px) Image search: [Google]
RarestPepe.png
36KB, 399x412px
>>29373095
>tfw skywind has made more progress than this shit even though it's super duper graphics, and this is 16-bit shit.
There is no god.
>>
>>29385061
idk if it was down a some point, but it sure isn't now.
>>
>>29385105
Looks like a dope mod. Glancing over their wiki, it looks like they're much more strictly organized than us. Maybe their volunteers actually produce content.
>>
>>29385105
>Skywind
>Helmed by actual developers and modders
>Have access to a much more user-friendly creation toolkit
>Has TES fans at the helm, who have an autism that makes /vp/ seem relatively sane which helps them be even more dedicated

It's not even vaguely surprising
>>
>>29379991
>implying only aryans can learn english
>>
>>29373508
>organized
>/vp/
choose only one
>>
POST THE WATER GYM WEBM
>>
>>29373095
no.

but with a bit of luck we might eventually get the next demo. circa late 2017/early 2018
>>
REMOVE HMS
>>
>>29388851
hm tools are shit, and we still need natural barriers to progression. Looks like they're not going away in sage at least.
>>
>>29389201
>hm tools are shit
fuck off dunky
>>
>>29390968
Nice try.
>>
>>29390968
What did he ever do to you?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.