[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it become far more popular than its final evo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 19964_654-0.png (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
19964_654-0.png
45KB, 300x300px
Why did it become far more popular than its final evo?
>>
sexitimes
>>
for the most part a fur skirt >a fur robe...dress thing.
>>
Pretty much because its better looking.
>inb4 furbait waifumon
>>
It's not that Braixen has a good design or whatever, it's just that the evolution is the worst designed thing in ages (although the 2 or 3 phoxfags on here will samefag all over the thread saying it's the model's faul), delphox is also useless in battle and has a shitty fanbase at that. Therefore Braixen is seen as less of a Pokemon for creepy people type.
>>
>>29370335

Dunon, maybe a combination of things happening at once. Maybe it is the cutest design, maybe it fit the character who used it, maybe it does well in battles. Probably enough people said they liked the design and Nintendo listened either that or the writers didn't care enough to progress Serena's story
>>
File: 1476953737215.gif (983KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1476953737215.gif
983KB, 500x377px
>>29370401
>Therefore Braixen is seen as less of a Pokemon for creepy people type.
>>
I thought Braixen's animations were really smooth, especially when you use a special attack and it brings out the wand. They lined up the wand with the origin point of the attack animation, so it really looked like you were casting a spell. Delphox's model and animations weren't nearly as memorable for me.
>>
>>29370335
Because it's cute and Delphox looks like a hobo.
This is their chance to fix the animations
>>
File: Braixen Burst Victory.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Braixen Burst Victory.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>29370589

Pokken too.

Fennekin, Braixen, and Delphox are all in Pokken. Except out of all of them, only Braixen is playable.

(as well as being the only non-final evo pokemon, not counting the mandatory PIkachu).

Fennekin is an assist and Delphox...... is reduced to being a background cameo in one of the levels.

Pretty safe to say it's not just because they were too lazy with Serena.
>>
Delphox is awkward and ungainly, Braixen has that "quick agile cool kid" vibe that Lucario has.
>>
>>29370335
They appeal to two different demographics.
People that like wizards, witchcraft etc would prefer delphox.
People that like magical girls, idols, kpop, that kind of stuff would like braixen.
More people like idols than wizardry so one being more popular than the other makes sense. Of course there is some cross over though. Also braixen is more expressive and got better animations in xy.
>>
>>29370335
Tekken... but with Pokémon.
>>
>>29371887
The animations will be the same in Sun and Moon, so don't expect fanbase growth for delphox

Chesnaught will remain the superior king.
>>
>>29371926
>Chesnaught will remain the superior king
Did you forget that greninja is massively more popular?
>>
Delphox has probably the WORST AND MOST BORING animations possible

Instead of god tier fire witch 3rd evo we got Homeless Wizard Wears Ripped Rags
>>
File: 1477201627523.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477201627523.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>29370401
>>
File: sKaT5oF.gif (556KB, 169x152px) Image search: [Google]
sKaT5oF.gif
556KB, 169x152px
>>29370335
It's better.

Delphox didn't even keep the matchstick wand gimmick. It has nothing going for it. Delphox was clearly rushed out the door, not expanding on the line's features at all and having nothing interesting or aesthetic about its design.
>>
>>29370335
loli(ish)bait :^)
>>
>>29372020
Losing those stylish animations was the hardest part about evolution.
>>
>>29371939
It's not.

Chesnaught is actually the most popular 6th gen pokemon and a new mascot. Look at the post your team/favorites from each region threads :] Chesnaught has so much fans and delphox is trash
>>
>>29370335
Braixen is better than Delphox, cute magical girl pokemon
>>
Braixen is a really solid design, like strong contender for VI gen's top-ten, possibly the all time top 25. There's a lot of symmetry going on in the design, both with the actually left/right mirror, and some minor top/bottom with the matching curves on the shoulders and hips, with the stick to provide some intentional asymmetry. The thin limbs coupled with the wide 'skirt' give the whole pokemon a light, if a bit frail look, which keeps with both the 'wizard' motif and the concept that mid-evos are adolescents. Then you have it's nice four-color pallet. And the wand/stick allows for a lot of really playful animations. It's really strong.

Delphox meanwhile isn't as strong in its design. I've warmed up to it since release, but it's hard to compete.
>>
>>29370335
proportions
if it were full bobblehead like fennekin or full slenderman like delphox nobody would like it either
also the broomstick tail is a better design feature than any of the other starters have
>>
>>29372116
Ohhhh I get it you're falseflagging

carry on
>>
it carries dual appeal for both furries and pedophiles
>>
File: 58883941_p1_master1200.jpg (177KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
58883941_p1_master1200.jpg
177KB, 700x650px
e621 dot net /post/show/1029020/

Braixen is the best!
>>
>>29372360
You seem to know what you're talking about. Let me guess: Shitnaughtfag?

The worst falseflaggers, samefaggers on this fucking board.

I'm glad i let you know how fucking pathethic you shitnaught fags are. Always so bitter towards what Braixen fans do or don't. Go back to your RP Twitter account, fag.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.