[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's that Battle Frontier dream, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: tfwnobf.png (607KB, 840x600px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnobf.png
607KB, 840x600px
How's that Battle Frontier dream, /vp/?
>>
I'm raised 6 boxes of competive Pokemon I will never use unless the hall returns. Let's leave it at that.
>>
>>29369260
>the time they dedicate to a single game is less than in the past
>young people
They really don't know about people like us, do they?
>>
>>29369293

They know, they just don't care because they know we'll buy it anyway.
>>
We will never have a Frontier as good as the Emerald one if the terrible Platinum one is any sign, and they missed their one chance to straight rehash it, so I don't give a shit whether there is one or not
>>
>>29369292
You could try, I don't know, using them online perhaps?
>>
>>29369380

I got bored of fighting other humans back in gen 4.
>>
this mash up is dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8X0L9m-eo
>>
>>29369332
Dang. That actually hit me hard.
>>
>>29369260
>We didn't put in the battle frontier because not as many people spend their time playing the games
That's more obvious bullshit than Sakurai telling us their is no SSE in Smash 4 because of YouTube. And this is coming from the people who made IV breeding easier and who host VGC.
>>
It's like Masuda doesn't understand people liking and still being able to play games with loads to do like Disgaea.
>>
>>29369634

If the Frontier ends up in SM. I'll just assume he knew it was a shitty excuse and just didn't want to say that they saw no point trying to rush it into ORAS when they'd have to remake it from scratch for SM anyway due to the new visuals.
>>
*raises paw*

Why do we shit on Gen VI/VII for not including a Battle Frontier when Gen V was the one that got rid of it?
>>
>>29369706
First of all
>*raises paw*
Kys.
Second of all, they added the World Tournament.
>>
>>29369706
Subway at least had some of its own charm, even if at the core it was the same shitshow as gen 6
>>
>>29369706

It skipped one generation in place of the PWT but half the demand for Hoenn remakes was the return of the Hoenn Frontier and GF kept dodging the question pre-release.
>>
File: helper 2.jpg (49KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
helper 2.jpg
49KB, 655x527px
>>29369293
Newest quote on a SM interview:

>We always try to think who's going to be playing the game for that era. These days, everyone has an iPhone or some other smartphone; there are lots of handy gadgets in your day-to-day life, which make life much easier. A lot of younger kids, when they encounter a game that feels like too much work, they may just give up. We want to make sure that it's very easy, very approachable for anyone to pick up and play. By doing that we re-examined, revisited the interface design, and added a variety of features like being able to throw the last thrown pokeball with just one button, and just making it very easy to play.
>>
File: 1472309675456.gif (499KB, 520x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472309675456.gif
499KB, 520x720px
>>29369706
>raises paw
>>
>>29369777
for fuck sakes it's like they think all kids are fucking retarded or something.
>>
I'd be happy with anything that isn't more Battle Maison. WT/BF are way better.
>>
>>29369852

To be fair, most of them are.
>>
>>29369260

I just want an inverse facility man.

Not even Showdown has an Inverse format and it messes with me bad.
>>
>>29369874
Fact
>>
>>29369874
My little ass comprehended the fucking Battle Frontier when I was younger, and I probably actually am very slightly retarded because I'm posting on 4chan.
>>
>>29369706
>raises paw
because Gen 6 has a remake of the game that introduced it
>>
>>29369912

>Amorous walls everything.

I wonder if there will be a Sky Battle facility with flying gym leaders as key opponents.
>>
>>29369912
Inverse format on SM would be almost pointless due to the battle interface giving you what is super effective and isn't on a silver platter.

But you know, kids today are too busy playing on their smartphones to memorize type matchups.
>>
I miss the battle factory and battle arcade
>>
>>29369706
>Raises paw
First off, nigga what?
Second because gamefreak hates everyone due to all the rampant leaking of their shit that's been going on, so they decide to remove all the shit we want
>>
>>29369260

I can't say I liked this upon a 100% run of Emerald/Platinum so I'd be ok with it not being in.

Just give me a tower clone with an inverse option and good tutors.
>>
>>29370011
Why is making a game harder to 100% a bad thing? Why are you posting?
>>
>>29369953

It'd be more about completely revamping what Pokemon are viable.
>>
>>29369706
I applaud you for finding a great way to attract the attention of several anons to answer your question.
>>
File: the angriest man.jpg (265KB, 997x879px) Image search: [Google]
the angriest man.jpg
265KB, 997x879px
>>29369777
Why am I still holding out hope for gen seven?
>>
>>29369260
That is just an excuse. They were too lazy to include cos they rush every fuck game they make. I hope they put it in alola, but I wouldn't set my expectations too high.
>>
>>29369400
Because they kept winning.
>>
>>29369430
best mashup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V0kzLYkYTM
>>
S/M will have its own frontier. Then the D/P remakes will come out as the final 3DS Pokemon entries but instead of having the Platinum frontier, they'll just port over the one from S/M ala HG/SS. People won't know how to react to this.
>>
>>29369919
Our autism unites us
>>
>>29369777
>because people want their 40 dollar games to be like their free mobile games

Fuck game freak, they touched a goldmine and are literally shitting on it
>>
>>29369346
I've said this before, but they need to make the Battle Frontier its own separate game if they're not going to include it in the main series. That way, we get our excellent Stadium experience, with a good proper gimmick, on the big screen.

>You are now imagining a Battle Factory where the rental pokemon are all other player's pokemon from the Bank.
>>
>>29369260
Consider suicide tripfag

>>29369706
>*raises paw*
You should also kill yourself immediately, you fucking genetic mistake.
>>
>>29370362
>the rental pokemon are all other player's pokemon from the Bank

>my pokemon bank was nothing but hundreds of Lv1 failed shiny pokemon
>>
>>29369777
Do these idiots not realize that if kids are playing the game, they've already bought it?
>>
>>29370414
But if kids are really as retarded as they claim and then give up on playing the game when a Pokemon of theirs faint when they used the wrong move, they will then not buy the next one.

Of course we were all fucking kids back in Red and Blue, we managed, so GF is being retarded. They are being doubly retarded when you realize they are literally proposing designing the mainline Pokemon games around free mobile games people play on the toilet being easy to play, as if they are a threat or competition at all to $40 handheld monster collecting RPGs with the strongest brand in the world.
>>
>>29370362
>>You are now imagining a Battle Factory where the rental pokemon are all other player's pokemon from the Bank.

That's a horrible idea.
>>
>>29369706
>*raises paw*
Now that is how you troll people and get them to notice your question. Kudos, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 125x125px
So GF panders to genwunners who aren't into gaming any more? That's the notion im getting. If they're pandering to kids then why include a bunch of shit that not a lot of kids would be into like mostly kanto Pokemon?
>>
>>29370363
(You)
>>
>>29370642
Think of it like this, genwunners will buy the game regardless of quality or content as long as it gives them nostalgia, while little kids are a harder audience to attract precisely because they have so much free entertainment right on their phone, it's a lot harder to hold their attention since they don't have the emotional attachment to the franchise that nostalgic genwunners in their mid to late 20s (most of this board) have.
>>
>>29369260
Tfw you realize the facility we wouldn't believe is in reference to the Aether Foundation.
>>
>>29370686
>Retarded tripfag thinks he can point out bait
Oh i'm laughing
>>
>>29370642

We're in the nostalgia period. Almost every company is riding on the coatails of "the good ol days" because all them 80's and 90's kids are now depressed adults in debt. IT's gonna stay like this for another decade for the very least.

And then we move on to Nostalgia for all the 00's kids.
>>
>>29371374
(You) and me, we just don't get along
>>
>>29369260
I was mad, but now I know Gamefreak is a pile of shit that keeps casualizing and nerfing all the good things. If they added a BF now, it would probably be shit. Although I bet the Frontier Brains would be cute af, especially Nolan.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.