[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aether Foundation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: lusamine.png (104KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lusamine.png
104KB, 500x500px
You keep screaming out for change, yet imply Aether Foundation will actually turn out to be evil, which isn't really more original than your regular 'turn of events'

I for once hope these guys are good, since it would mean something original introduced into the series because it would be the first time there's a team gathered to keep things in order

Last time we ever had anything close to that was gym leaders coming together to deal with trouble in gen 5, and that was only because Bianca had reached out to them for help
>>
Well then
>>
>>29365449
Lusamine being evil is infinitely hotter so, sorry, still want evil aether.

Besides, even if it's a more predictable story, it's also going to be the better story.
>>
No, the worse story would be "team skull is bad and wants to destroy the world because reasons". Besides we've never had a female team boss before.
>>
>>29365449
It's not that people want them to be evil, it's that precisely since them turning out to be evil would be the most predictable plot twist they could come up with, it is what most people are expecting.

Personally I don't think they will be actually evil. I think they will simply take their "we take care and love all pokemon" philosophy to the extreme and do wildly exaggerated things to accomplish their goals.

I can see them pulling out a "All pokemon are suffering, therefore if we destroy every pokemon, no pokemon will suffer any longer!" kind of scheme.

Like, they will mean good but in their means won't be the best course of action.
>>
>>29365449
But the best storyline would be Aether ending up evil and team skull ending up good/helping you
>>
>>29367441
>All pokemon are suffering, therefore if we destroy every pokemon, no pokemon will suffer any longer!
That's literally Lysandre's philosophy in a nutshell.
>>
Judging by their aesthetic I want to assume their thing is purity/science, and I think that they're somehow using the UB to do their binding.

My reasoning is that I get the sense that they're a well funded organisation that have their shit together, so it would make sense for them to be the ones with access to the balls that work exclusively on UBs.

That being said, for the ball to exist, the creator must have had a previous encounter with UBs. I think there's lots of potential for plot with these guys.
>>
>>29367480
yeah, that's why it wouldn't surprise me if Aether's goals were somewhere among those lines
>>
Team Skull being good would be cool.
>>
>>29365449
In the Gen 3 games, the team you don't fight is not evil.

In BW2, Neo Team Plasma is evil and Teak Plasma is good.

Every single time we've had multiple teams (outside Emerald), one of them has been good.
>>
>>29365449
Even if it was more predictable, it'd be cooler.
>>
>>29365449
Nah, I like skull becoming anti heroes and aether becoming the bad guys. I would love to kick their pretend goody two shoes asses with some gang of punks. It isn't about the twist but the execution.
>>
>>29365449
The thing is if they're a good Guy organization, we really wouldn't get all that much from that. Team Skull would be the only other human bad guys and, outside of Lockstin's huge pokemon end theory with them looking for immortality, they really don't seem like they could be a huge scope villain. Just a whole bunch of thugs.

Meanwhile, cut to the Aether foundation, which has the funds and the science to do a lot more then just steal pokemon from random trainers, means for much larger stories.

>But I liked it back when it was just the mafia!
Yeah, sure, you might like it, but when we're getting legendary pokemon that can control space and time, represent differing philosophies, bring forth life and death, and these weird eldritch abominations, I want my villains to have a greater scope too.
>>
>>29367344
> b-but my aryan waifu isnt evil faba is!
>>
>>29367477
> there are people RIGHT NOW on this board who want aryan master race to be good
> that would mean no team skull bro-times
Absolutely terrible 0/10 unplayable gamu
>>
>>29367441
I could see more of a "technology will rise and I shall be your new goddess in the new technological world" type of scheme
>>
>>29365449
>it would be the first time there's a team gathered to keep things in order
What is RS. Team Magma and Aqua wanted to keep the balance in their opposite games.

Also the bait and switch would be the first one done in the series. Sure you could say
>But plasma
But they weren't portrayed to the player as anything but evil because their ideas and preachings didn't mesh with what was already established.
Also here we would have two groups being shown as evil but with differing motives entirely if Aether truly is evil.
>>
File: 1473037109052.png (876KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
1473037109052.png
876KB, 1600x899px
>>29367480
Correction
>>The world is suffering, therefore if we destroy every pokemon and human who doesn't contribute to taking care of our planet, the planet won't suffer any longer!
He's basically Pokemon's Zamasu.
>>
>>29367344
This, I want Team Skull to just be a bunch of slacker thugs who don't actually do anything.
>>
File: 58886612_p0_master1200.jpg (187KB, 480x679px) Image search: [Google]
58886612_p0_master1200.jpg
187KB, 480x679px
There should be an option to join either Aether or team skull.
Aether= create false god to bring paradise on Aloha
Team skull = destroy order for anarchistic Aloha
And neutral option where you fight both with Trial captains as your ally.
>>
>>29365449
You want to know the biggest and most logical reason why people want Aether to be the antagonists? Because Team Skull is a bunch of wannabe gangstas who make silly arm movements and talk like they're about to drop the worst rap album of all time, while Guzma doesn't look threatening in the slightest when compared to the other team leaders and just looks like he alongside his team would be the laughing stock of the antagonist convention. Meanwhile we have the Aether Foundation who has their very own huge facility in the middle of the region, has shady looking scientists which is a staple for any evil team in this franchise, a leader who genuinely looks like she could be threatening and even has dead eyes, actually has a goal in mind and even has the games major threat appear inside their facility. So if you genuinely feel that Team Skull is threatening and that these motherfuckers in Aether aren't the villains then you should probably rethink your life.
>>
File: 1473318220228.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473318220228.gif
2MB, 500x500px
Is it true one of Lusamine's lines in the Japanese Aether debut trailer has Her call Hau pathetic? If so then She is definitely an antagonist of sorts. This is Pokemon, you don't introduce a good guy like that.
>>
>>29371264
>ohoho laugh pose
Confirmed for secretly evil.
>>
>>29370902
> Aether are Lawfags
why do people like them
>>
They're obv evil, what would be the point of a main character if there's a good team.
>>
>>29367480
they aren't wrong
>>
>>29369724
>people still like Team Rocket
I prefer it when my villains DON'T think of themselves as evil.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.