[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did ORAS drag down the entirety of Gen 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: oras-xy-poketop1.png (20KB, 522x121px) Image search: [Google]
oras-xy-poketop1.png
20KB, 522x121px
I feel that if Gen 6 had a stronger follow up game than ORAS, it could have been comparable to Gen 4. XY are easily as good if not better than DP; we just needed a Z to really flesh out the Kalos region like P did for Sinnoh. Thoughts?
>>
File: IMG_0720.png (1003KB, 863x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.png
1003KB, 863x661px
>>29364368
An improved x and y would've been great, but instead of taking a step forward, they took a step back. And fell.
>>
I agree in that the lack of a third-version or sequel-followup to X/Y really dragged things down. I put D/P by themselves roughly on par with X/Y in overall quality, but Platinum was much better.
>>
>>29364368
We'll get kalos as post game most likely anyways. A Z version after sm would feel redundant and out of place
>>
>>29364368
>Did ORAS drag down the entirety of Gen 6?
No, gen 6 already hit the bottom of the barrel with XY, ORAS couldn't possibly make it any worse.
>>
>>29364419
We won't.
>>
>>29364368
I agree more or less. I don't consider XY good games, but i recognize they had a huge potential. At the beginning indded I closed one eye on how unfinished those games were because I hoped that there would have been Z or something like that that would have perfetionated them like Platinum or BW2. I was so disappointed when they revealed Sun and Moon and officialized the end of the generation.
Oras was just shit, on the other hand.
>>
>Z comes out before OR/AS
>It includes a Battle Frontier
>OR/AS come out, the Z Frontier is ported over like the Platinum Frontier was ported to HG/SS

How do people view OR/AS now?
>>
>>29364427
We will
>>
A Z would've needed to take further measures than Platinum had to to really improve their originals. ORAS was a weird mixed bag to me. It had several highs for me in the series, but every one was matched by as low of a low.
>>
>>29364499
I dunno, DP's engine was really slow back in its time. The pacing of those games felt really off, I can't beat them today. Need to play Platinum to see all of the various improvements. Not being able to see Kalos reach its true potential is my biggest regret regarding Sun & Moon
>>
Can anyone post the "You were expecting a datamine, but it was I, Pikachu!" meme please?
>>
File: d6f.jpg (18KB, 403x389px) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
18KB, 403x389px
>>29364368
If only XY were to promote its own identity, it would be great games. But what we get is Genwun 2.0 being aggressively forced on us like a dick down the throat, which only genwunners would enjoy.
>>
>>29364368
ORAS was the only saving grace to gen 6 as it had one of the more interesting regions to use as a base and also included a lot of content from prior games that should have been in XY to begin with. Kalos as a region was extremely underdeveloped and boring. While it should have been bigger than most games the size of the towns let it down immensely not to mention it didn't have much exploration.
>>
File: 1476169464321.jpg (63KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
1476169464321.jpg
63KB, 480x388px
>>29364368
Yes, holy fuck. Orass was such shit. X/Y wasn't perfect by a long shot, but it was still fun with such new implimentations and atmosphere.
>>
File: I, Pikachu.png (461KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
I, Pikachu.png
461KB, 900x1200px
>>29365223
I do not have the one you're looking for but i did draw this up real quick because the concept of it made me laugh a lot i hope you like it
>>
>>29366765
I hopped ship back in gen III, what were the problems with OR/AS?
>>
yeah gen 6 would have been better if they just pulled another gen 5 and just did a set of sequel games or something and expanded on kalos with a good replayable post game. ORAS was just so shitty.
>>
>>29364368
ORAS is better than any gen 4 or 5 game.
But then so was X and Y.
>>
Maybe, depends on how good Z would have been.

But GF is not interested in making fully fledged generations anymore, just rushed filler with barely any new Pokemon, no postgame and some game-changing gimmicky feature to sell the game that will get abandoned next gen.
>>
>>29364368
>Gen 4
Wait, you WANTED them to suck total ass?
>>
>>29364368
No, ORAS was the only fun I had with gen 6. XY almost put me off of the entire series.

That said ORAS also disappointed me to no end and I still think Emerald is the best Hoenn experience, but at least I still had something to enjoy from it. Fuck X and Y.
>>
>>29367790
Don't shit talk muh HG/SS bro.
>>
>>29364368
It would've been a lot better if there was a Z/sequels, ORAS was pretty decent but felt very rushed
>>
ORAS is great though. Sneaking is awesome.
>>
>>29369624
ORAS was lackluster in content but it did have some great features.

Everything involving the DexNav is amazing. But of course GF doesn't iterate on anything and have developer amnesia, so it's fucking gone in SM just like nearly every other nice feature they introduced and then dropped for no reason.

Member Vs Seeker? Member following Pokemon? Member Run Toggle? Member Gym rematches? Member actual postgame?
>>
>>29364368

ORAS had the potential to be the best games of the series, but they just didn't want it to be.
>>
>>29369733
It's this exact thing I've hated about Gamefreak across the years. If they kept all of these features in every game Pokemon would be perfect.
>>
I probably didn't notice this since I was younger when I played RSE but pace for Hoenn was really fucked up. Progress moved really slowly until Petalburg and then you suddenly get 3 badges in rapid succession.
>>
>>29369845

Best game? Hardly.
But they had the potential to make hoenn tolerable.
>>
>>29369983
Hoenn was already fine though.
>>
>>29366070
Yeah. Lumiose has 416 people. More than all of Kanto combined

And then every other town was low 40's to low 20's
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.