[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamefreak's current art style.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 14751084140878161.jpg (304KB, 2896x966px) Image search: [Google]
14751084140878161.jpg
304KB, 2896x966px
Gamefreak's current art style.
>>
Fun fact: There's no such thing as Art Styles
Its a common misconception, art is a medium which cannot be divided into "styles"
>>
>>29363861
Oh no, the style of an artist has changed over the years! What a pity.
>>
>>29363882
Art is a Mistake.
>>
That's fan art, you cock sniffing retard.
>>
>>29364938
*traced
>>
>>29363882
HE HAS NO STYLE
>>
>a fanart of anime reference sheet
>Gamefreaks current style
>>
File: image.png (129KB, 680x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129KB, 680x537px
>>29363861
>>
>>29363882
That is just relativism and post modern subjectivity.

Go check out sugimori's original drawings from gen 1 and 2: the watercolors, and compare them to the lazy stuff they are pumping out now. Art also definitely can be divided into styles: fauvism, expressionism, pop art, surrealism. C'mon anon...
>>
>>29364998
both games and anime are mistakes*

*including miscelaneous franchise.
>>
>>29365052
>Go check out sugimori's original drawings from gen 1 and 2: the watercolors, and compare them to the lazy stuff they are pumping out now

Yeah the watercolors were nice, but aside from that, he was just copying Akira Toriyama and slapping DBZ eyes on everything.
>>
The monster art is subjective, but if you look at his ILLUSTRATIONS, you can see how he's improved over the years.
>>
>>29363861
FYI for people skimming the thread, this is a fanmade trace of the leaks so people view them in higher quaity.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>29365425
>take a look at DBZ franchise art and anime
>most male characters look like pre-neo LT Surge
>consistent traces of eye style in female characters

holy shit
>>
>>29365052
What the fuck are you talking about?
Sugimori art from Gens 1-2 was nothing but him trying to duplicate another person's art and yet his current stuff is lazy?
>>
>>29365052
> Copying someone else is somehow unique
Please, if anything he's finally found his own style
>>
>>29365520
>>29365425
All things considered I like how comfty some of his artwork turned out to be in the future
>>
>>29363882

There most certainly is. Everyone has their own way of drawing.
>>
File: 0ae.png (11KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
0ae.png
11KB, 478x373px
>>29363882
Pic related
>>29365052
>>29365425
>>29365520
Sugimori isn't the artist or designer this time. It's Yusuke Ohmura. You can tell when he draws because he doesn't uses the same level of noise and jitter on the lineart and the way he paints shadows is very straightforward. Like, he just paints with a darker color without making any kind of transition or softening.
>>29365453
Problem is that Ohmura is a very mediocre artist.
>>
>>29365520
>MUH 80's and 90's chinese cartoon drawings look similar to other 80's and 90's mongolian line drawings

No shit, there are two clear and distinct art styles at work here. That's my point you: can put them into distinct categories, not that he copied other people. The contemporary art style is lazy and lacks any kind of charm and character.
>>
>>29363882
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Style_(visual_arts)
Look at Pokemon from earlier generations and look at Pokemon in later generations. There is an obvious difference between them. Compare art from the 90s to art today. It's quite different. And not just in Pokemon, either. Modern art and media have changed "general" styles across multiple individuals globally, so why would Pokemon be any different?

Pokemon IS part of the changing art style. Art style exists, and it effects everyone over a course of time. And who knows? In just another decade, it's probably gonna change again.

Of course, Pokemon might not even last another decade, but you get my point.

And why has the nonexistance of art styles been such a frequent claim all of a sudden? And why on /vp/, of all places?
>>
>>29365454
And as usual, the artist completely fucked up Popplio3's eyes
>>
>>29365578
And it sucks
>>
>>29365621
Ohmura is the one in charge of designing the human characters right? I hate how "waifuish" all of the female characters look. Literally half of the women are just horny otaku bait and it pisses me off because I know retarded as shit /vp/ is gonna circlejerk itself raw whenever a new girl is revealed. Or maybe it's just /vp/ being annoying as usual.
>>
>>29363882
>hurr durr i dont understand art or any of its concepts
>>
>>29367671
Probably both. Some of the characters do look like they try to appeal to a specific fetish, like Wicke appealing to thiccfags for example, although to be fair, I doubt that he intended to make characters like Chicken-chan waifuish. In her case, he didn't even try to make her look like jailbait or anything like that. It's just /vp/ autism.
>>
>>29367671
Or maybe you just see them as such and you're projecting your angry honor off to a bunch of nobodies?
>>
>>29366487
exactly.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.