[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So let's take a moment to humor the idea of a Pokémon reboot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

So let's take a moment to humor the idea of a Pokémon reboot. Obviously the alolan forms of some Pokémon bring up some ideas and questions. Some Pokémon obviously belonged to other regions before being introduced to other regions for whatever reason. And those species adapted to those areas by changing its typing.

So what are the odds that GameFreak does reset the Pokémon universe by making the next game MANY years later. So all of the Pokémon we know now could look different because of evolution and adaptation? It would allow gamefreak to update some art as well as remove others that should have never been made.

Thoughts?
>>
>>29359387
Masuda just said they would do no reboot
>>
>>29359387
I wouldn't mind if they reimagined some older mons that have become really irrelevant these days.
What are the odds of that happening? Close to zero, I'd say.

>>29359434
Well, Masuda also said pokemon games would always have Gyms, so...
>>
>>29359387
I think if Pokémon had a fourth reboot we'll barely notice, like the other three times.
>>
File: IMG_2501.jpg (71KB, 552x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2501.jpg
71KB, 552x450px
>>29359434
"Let's take a moment to humor the idea...."
>>
I've made a thread like this one before. A possible scenario might include a massive restructuring of the whole franchise. Majority of pokemon are gone, but about 150 or so popular ones remain(your pikachus, your lucarios). New monsters are released. Game style changes. Very unlikely to happen.

My real concern has always been the ever growing number of Pokemon. 1000+ unique creatures is a lot to collect.

On the other hand, it is kind of nice that GameFreak hasn't erased a Pokemon species from a sequel.
>>
>>29359487
But this is a new thing he said a weekish ago
>>
File: BLAINE.png (192KB, 401x400px) Image search: [Google]
BLAINE.png
192KB, 401x400px
>>29359387
>Let's take a moment to humor the idea of a pokemon reboot

Let's not because it's not happening.
>>
>There is no reboot.
>>
It's gonna happen sooner or later, there's no question about it.

A popular idea is that they'll reboot it into an MMORPG and make each generation an expansion to gradually redo the entire roster, and in doing so rebalance and redesign a lot of Pokemon.
But I don't see that happening with Game Freak still on the picture, they cannot handle something like that, as much as the entire internet wants a Pokemon MMORPG.
>>
>>29359852
I think this the article. Thankfully, we won't have a reboot.removing Pokémon would be the worst thing possible. http://new.time.com/4536438/pokemon-sun-moon-interview/
>>
File: IMG_1371.jpg (1MB, 900x1390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1371.jpg
1MB, 900x1390px
>>29360003
It's not gonna happen. Gamefreak isn't removing pokemon. Gamefreak knows every pokemon is someone's favorite.
>>
>>29359387
>So what are the odds
Slim to none.
Actually never mind
None at all
>>
>>29360068
It's either a reboot or they stop adding new Pokemon to the games.

A 1000+ Pokedex will get ridiculous, not to mention the absurd amount of feature creep already happening: alternate formes, regional forms, different kinds of evos, mega evolutions (which were already dumped as a concept), z-moves... what's next, Pokemon fusions?
>>
File: 1477150726822.jpg (8KB, 177x171px) Image search: [Google]
1477150726822.jpg
8KB, 177x171px
>>29360102
>pokemon fusions

That meme generator website predicted this years ago. A true prophecy.
>>
>>29360102
They will just keep adding less new Pokémon every new gen like how gen 7 only had 81 new Pokémon.abye in the far future the only new Pokémon will be the starters and legendary mascots. That's a way smarter move than removing Pokémon. Removing Pokémon is basically suicide. Every pokemon is someone's favorite
>>
They should stop releasing Pokemon for one Generation and restructure the Pokedex then perfecting old mechanics such as location-/gender-/stone-based evolution, friendship and taking care of your pokemon, battle facilities etc.
You know, make it a little more polished.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.