[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon that aren't native to the region they were introduced in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

Pokemon that aren't native to the region they were introduced in
>>
>>29358091
Beldum and riolu
>>
slugma i think??
theres some others...
>>
Yungoos
Spacemons
>>
>Togepi
only non safari place you can find wild Togepi in is on a single tiny island in Sinnoh, in the Battle Zone

>Riolu
Unova or Kalos
>>
Corphish
>>
Gumshoos and Yungoos
>>
>>29358091
so pokemon regions professors were retards before the game events started that they didn't communicate with each other?
them not being named "exeggutor" and "kanto exeggutor" will always trigger my autism from now on
>>
>>29358108
>>29358120
I imagine Beldum line is from space. It's only naturally found at an impact site, it's received in Mossdeep in Gen III, it's Psychic-typed, it's pretty strange-looking, and it learns Meteor Mash.
>>
Sudowoodo, as you can only find one, while in Sinnoh there are an abundance of Bonsly in the wild.

It's also implied that Corphish are an invasive species to Hoenn and Sinnoh while in their home region, that being Unova, they're somewhat rarer. Also to adapt to Hoenn's environment they became aggressive and evolved to imitate Sharpedo, which were established as the local bullies before Corphish, before heading out to other regions.
Let's not forget they're based off the American Crawfish.
>>
There was a theory I saw here a while ago saying gen 1 didn't have a pseudo and dratini is native to Johto
>>
>>29358091

Riolu/Lucario

Wild Riolu have only been found in regions based on western countries: Unova (New York, USA), Kalos (France, Europe), and Alola (Hawaii, USA).

Aside from the Johto Safari Zone, but Safari Zone Pokemon are imported.
>>
>>29358415
Yes, Dratini is native to Johto because the Safari zone is all imported pokemon and it can be found in the Dragon's Den. Also, Houndour and Murkrow are native to Kanto even though they weren't introduced until gen 2.
>>
Elgyem, Beeheeyem and Deoxys
>>
File: 124Jynx.png (150KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
124Jynx.png
150KB, 431x431px
Jynx wasn't catchable in any of the first generation games. Until the Ice cave in Johto there was no other way to get it other than Training. You had to trade it.

Same goes for Mr.mime, Farfetch'd and Lickitung in the orginal games but those did became available in Yellow
>>
>>29358244
Carvanha and Sharpedo are weird to me in how it changes from a freshwater fish to a saltwater fish.
>>
>>29358537
>Until the Ice cave in Johto there was no other way to get it other than Training.

I messed up there, i meant to say trading.
>>
>>29358537
This isn't accurate, she was catchable in Japanese gen1 games and found wild in Seafoam Islands.
>>
>>29358221
To be fair, in Jap it's called "Regional form" not necessarily Alolan.
>>
>>29358570
Only the Japanese Blue, not red and green, but good point still.
>>
>>29358537
Japanese Blue Seafoam Islands, and HGSS too.
>>
>>29358574

It's called that in English too

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

>These Pokémon are called regional variants.
>>
>>29358560
I like to think it works like salmon, as you can only find Carvanha in river areas in Hoenn.
>>
>>29358537
>That Jynx was named Lola
>No Alolan form
>>
This is a cool thread /vp/. I'll be lurking.
>>
>>29358091
Porygon, Eevee and Lapras
>>
Gible line
(Used to be in the tropic)
Corphish
(Introduced to Hoenn and then gained the dark typy)
Yungoos
>>
>>29358560
Some species of shark like the Bull Shark can survive in fresh water rivers
>>
Snorlax (there's only 2 in Kanto, and they "return to the mountains" if you defeat them)
Sudowoodo as per >>29358244

>>29358119
well Slugma was only found in Kanto even in gen 2 so you could technically say he was 'introduced' in Kanto. Same for Murkrow and Houndour.
>>
If I remember correctly, eevee is actually a gen 6 mon. I always thought this was weird because eevee was a hallmark to gen 1. I wonder how many kanto mons are actually from kanto. Why does canto import so many?
>>
>>29358620
>>29358648
Those are some cool fish facts.
>>
Waiting for my chinese region
>>
>>29358244
>Crawdaunt is imitating Sharpedo
>They both have sunken eyes
>Crawdaunt's gill area is like a big open mouth
>They both have stars on their head
Fuck
>>
>>29358574
The basic concept of it is known as "regional variants" in both English and Japanese. But regional variants for the Alola region are specifically known as "Alolan forms", also in both languages.
>>
All BW2 pokemon that werent on BW
Mewtwo in Kalos
Luiminion's entry says it competes with lanturn for food so either of them werent from Sinnoh.
>>
>>29358693

Yes, wild Eevee can also only be found in Unova, Kalos, and Alola.

So much like Riolu/Lucario, Eevee and its evolutions are native to the Pokemon world's Western hemisphere.
>>
>>29358221
Its not called Alolan Eggxecutor, its just called Eggxecutor
>>
>>29358119
>it's another "underage tripfag makes one of the first posts in a thread for no reason other than attention whoring and adds nothing to the discussion"
kill yourself
>>
>>29358717
>Luiminion's entry says it competes with lanturn for food so either of them werent from Sinnoh.

You know, animals in real-life also compete for resources in nature right?
>>
>>29358738
where in Unova? I thought it was only Kalos (and now Alola apparently)

>>29358693
A lot of them are only in the safari zone, so those are probably all imported and not native to Kanto
>>
Chimecho

Volcarona line(?) I haven't played BW2, volcarona appears in the ruins, but is that considered natural?
>>
File: alomomola_by_insiferi-d3gor9c.jpg (158KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
alomomola_by_insiferi-d3gor9c.jpg
158KB, 600x800px
Literally this fish's name says it's native to Alola. Just remove "momo" from it and you get Alola.
>>
Does Zorua count? Only catchable in Unova if you use Memory Link otherwise available in Kalos or Hoenn.
>>
>>29358778

Castelia City in BW2. You can catch Eevee in Castelia Park.
>>
>>29358778
BW2 Castelia City garden and hidden grottos.
>>
>>29358483
I imagine Dratini isn't even native to Dragon's Den. It could have been imported because there are no dragons native to Tohjo beyond Kingdra.
>>
>>29358655
>>29358753

Come on guys. Don't reply to that tripfag, you know better. Just ignore and move on.
>>
>>29358788
Yeah, in both BW and BW2 there's only one Volcarona.
>>
>>29358798
>>29358801
Ah, that's not an artificial area? I thought it was.
Captcha: Castello Snack

>>29358815
Tripfagging is an official feature of 4chan. It is dejure not an issue. Stop shitposting.
>>
The Hitmon line? Chan and Lee are only available as gifts in Gen 1, along with Tyrogue in Gen 2.You can catch them freely in Sinnoh, Hoenn, and I think Kalos.
>>
Mew, came from South America.
>>
>>29358812
Maybe, but there's no evidence to suggest that was imported to the Dragon's Den in the games. With the Safari Zone, it's explicitly stated that they imported pokemon. The dex states that a colony was discovered "underwater" but doesn't say in the ocean or anything so the Dragon's Den still fits. If not there, it'd be a Sinnoh mon since you can find it Mt Coronet.
>>
>>29358199
This is one of like 3 answers that are legit canon
>>
>>29358853
Ive always thought hitmons werent found naturally because, like dogs, they were domesticated and bred specifically for fighting. I think the wild ones are just ones that happened to escape. This explains why it wears clothes.
>>
>>29358812
Seems kinda dumb. Makes more sense for their to have been Dratini there first and then it was subsequently named Dragon's Den.
>>
>>29358788
Larvesta is only found in the wild in Hoenn's mirage islands and that solitary Volcarona in Relic Castle.

Lapras was native to Johto until FRLG retconned them into the Sevii Islands
>>
>>29358848
Tripfagging exists for specific occasions. Doing so outside of those makes you an attention whore.

I know /vp/ gets a lot of normalfags, but this is part of the board culture.
>>
>>29358956
He probably left it on by accident man
>>
>>29358853
Tyrogue is only ever found with the pokeradar and dexnav. I don't think I'd count it as truly wild/native because of that. It's a shame though because I always love using them.
>>
>>29358889
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.
>>
>>29358848
Who the fuck are you defending tripfags?

Kill yourself.
>>
Most Pokemon found after Kyogre or Groudon fuck up Hoenn. They even say something like the natural disasters fucked up the ecosystem and caused an influx of non native pokemon.
>>
>>29358240
Likely appears at some kind of impact site/space research facility in SM, too, judging by the regional Pokedex order:
Cleffa
Clefairy
Clefable
Minior
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Porygon
Porygon2
Porygon-Z
>>
>>29358924
By that same token, Porygon is found on the mirage islands, but it's an artificial pokemon created by Silph Co. Can the mirage island residents really be considered "native" when we know for a fact Porygon is really native to Silph Co's computers?

>>29358973
kek
>>
>>29358924
The Sevii Islands aren't Kanto

>>29358973
You still added the full stop

>>29358992
Probably turned off his trip to defend himself
>>
>>29359027
Probably going to be based on the observatories on Mauna Kea.
>>
>>29359034
>There are Porygon posting in this thread right now
>>
Meditite

Shows up in Sinnoh radio in HGSS
>>
>>29358910
>>29358971
Are Nosepass the result of humans too? The only place they can evolve in Hoenn is an entirely man-made area.
The only area you can find them in, rocks in Granite Cave, are also fairly close to the Sea Mauville
>>
>>29358792
You can only catch Zoroark in the Pokemon Village, where the pokemon all live there to hide from people. Seeing how even Mewtwo is there, it seems like it's another example of migrant pokemon rather than true natives.

>>29359145
On the internet, no one knows you're a Porygon.
>>
File: home.png (361KB, 351x599px) Image search: [Google]
home.png
361KB, 351x599px
eevee's hometown
>>
Meditite appears in HGSS as a result of Sinnoh, not Hoenn sounds.
Syther, Pinsir, Exeggcute, Rhyhorn, etc. in the safari zone
Eevee first appeared wild with no chance that it could have been imported in Kalos
seeing as real life Hawaii has only 2 non-bird species that didn't hitch a ride with humans to get there originally, it's possible a good number of Alola mons have the same story
The island that Heatran lives on is based on an area that's part of real-life Russia; for that reason it may not count as Sinnoh native
same goes for Beldum
Mr. Mime I believe is Sinnoh native, possibly?
Lucario
Mew being from South America, not Kanto
Drifloon occasionally appears outside that one building in Sinnoh, but it's much more abundant in Unova and Iirc floating in the atmosphere above Hoenn.
>>
>>29359254
Unova's Castelia Park, too.
>>
>>29358969
No he uses it literally everywhere
>>
File: cute.jpg (50KB, 600x1170px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
50KB, 600x1170px
I'd say Stoutland and the rest of it's line aren't native to Unova if we're following something similar to the real life turn of events. It's Dex Entry alludes to the St Bernard which was developed in Switzerland/Italy. Its appearance, or at least the appearance of its pre-evolutions is reminiscent of a number of terrier breeds developed in the UK.
>>
We still don't know where any of the starters come from.
>>
>>29359205
Nosepass are naturally found in Hoenn. They're based on naturally magnetic stones. Probopass is interesting because it results from natural magnetism in Mt Coronet, and artificially created electromagnetism in New Mauville.

I think Magnemite is a better case for a man-made mon since it's made of electro-magnets and steel.
>>
>>29359256
Yeah, Sinnoh and Kalos for Mr. Mime.
>>
>>29359333
Wouldn't Grimer and Muk count too?

>People of Kanto believe there are 151 Pokemon
>Literally right next door to Johto which has 100 more
>Several of those Pokemon aren't even native to Kanto
>Gogoat was one of the first Pokemon to befriend humans and doesn't show up for 5 more generations
Is Kanto just retardedly insular?
>>
>>29359410
Yes, it's literally the backwater country of the Pokemon world.
>>
>>29359310
Man, I would really love to find starters wild in other gens. Just make them like Gible or something where it's only one hard-to-reach room with a 1% chance.

Friend Safari doesn't count, of course.
>>
>>29359410
To be fair, if we're going by the anime world and the movie with Oak, the world was still pretty primitive 50 years ago and I would imagine just started really linking up. It wasn't even thought there were 151, which is why Oak sent people out with Pokedex's, to confirm what pokemon were there and so on.
>>
I'm hoping half the Alola mons are non native and we'll see their original forms in the next gen
>>
>>29359310

If the Ranger games are canon, starters naturally show up in those regions
>>
>>29359270
Eevee's were imported. Unova had no non-Unovan Pokemon until B2W2, which were all stated to be imports.
>>
>>29358738
You can dexnav wild Eevee in ORAS
>>
>>29360028
Where?
>>
>>29360098
Route 116
>>
Lapras, I think. Wait, was that cave with Lapras on Friday located in Kanto or in Johto?
>>
>>29358992
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
Houndour can't actually be found in Johto, it's only in Kanto in the Johto games.
>>
>>29358705
team communism when
>>
>>29360217
Union Cave, it's in Johto.
>>
>>29359877
Really? Source?
>>
>>29360326
Have you played the games?
>>
>>29360241
Its the same with Murkrow too isn't it? I could be wrong.
>>
>>29359410
I like to think the world knew of their existence, but Oak's initial version of the Dex was limited by technology so he only recorded pokemon that could be found nearby.
>>
>>29360326
In-game. Pretty early on NPCs are like "Ever since we got all this immigration, foreign Pokemon are everywhere!
>>
>>29358812
>>29358886
>>29358920
y'all are forgetting that little pond in johto were you could fish for dratini
>>
>>29359302
double-edge when?
>>
>>29359027
Oh shit, I'm stoked for this area then.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-22-15-23-15.png (486KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-22-15-23-15.png
486KB, 720x1280px
>>29358091
Is it canon that it's from alola? I figured it was an invasive species, thus able to grow so big and out of hand.

The captcha, it fucking knows.
>>
>>29358091
Chimeco
>>
>>29359410
Maybe it's just like genwunners then lol. "Oak said there's 150 and that's that! You just painted that pikachu blue to try and fool me!"
>>
>>29361472
It's canon

They need the sunlight to grow big so the ones bought to places with less sun weren't able to grow into their normal form
>>
>>29361541
Please do not incite gen wars even for the sake of a joke
>>
>>29361527
I don't get this one. Does the 2% encounter rate mean it's been imported from Sinnoh?
>>
>>29361940
I think it's because Chimecho can only be found in that one area in Hoenn. While in Sinnoh, Chingling and Chimecho aren't all that uncommon, especially near Mt.Coronet.

They also fit better with the general theme of Sinnoh too imo.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.