[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A concern about small dex sizes going forward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: SM mons no shiny Silvally.gif (886KB, 2048x4096px) Image search: [Google]
SM mons no shiny Silvally.gif
886KB, 2048x4096px
Alright, I figured out the reason why getting a smaller amount of Pokémon this gen bugs me. Normally I'm fine with whatever number it is, since I like the designs, and that's what's ultimately important. But looking over all the new designs, the reason finally hit me:

Every gen, we get 3 starters and their evos, a regional bird, regional rodent, a bug line, and some legendaries. This did not change in gens 6 or 7.

Gen 6 gave us 72 new Pokémon, but those 9 starters plus Talonflame and Diggersby and Vivillon are already 17; they had the foresight to only add 5 legendaries and mythicals, but that's already 30% of them!

And now Gen 7 is giving us (presumably) 73 new Pokémon, and it's the same: Starters+Pikipek+Yungoos+Grubbin is again 17; I don't know if the Tapus are legendary, but we've got 4 already in Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna and Marshadow. In fact I'd assume the Tapus are not legendary for this reason, since it gives pretty much the same ratio otherwise.

While I understand Megas and UBs and regional variants will add more variety, and I'm fine with that, I'm increasingly worried that all the new Pokémon species we get will follow this pattern, causing a larger and larger portion of the Pokédex to be these kinds of Pokémon.

Am I worrying about nothing or do you guys share my concern?
>>
>>29353167
I'm disappointed they didn't just use Alolan Forms for the filler-mons. That would have worked much better and left more room for new designs.

That said, I think the real reason we are getting so few, is because they are trying to line up Gen 10, the 1000 Pokémon milestone, and the 30th anniversary. They want all of those to happen together because the public eats shit like that up and it would probably be the largest selling Pokémon game in... basically ever.
>>
>>29353167
We're getting more. A few leaked Pokemon have not been found with datamine, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
>>
Can you not repost this thread every fucking day?
>>
>>29353300
stop spreading misinformation
>>
>>29353167
You forgot to mention that every gen has a Pikachu clone.
>>
>>29353300
unless they are mythicals that come after marshadow, and even then that's unlikely, you're kidding yourself and trying to kid others.
>>
>>29353167

Tapu Koko is called the guardian deity of Melemele Island. It's a legendary.
>>
>>29353230

30th Anniversary and 1000 Pokemon milestones mean absolutely nothing to anyone not already interested in Pokemon. I agree that they're slowing down because they don't want to hit 1000 anytime soon, but that's because I think they feel 1000 is a negative thing. At that point it's just going to be too much for new players to deal with.

Wouldn't be surprised if 1000 is the end of it, and from then on we just get Regional Variants and new forms of Legendaries.
>>
>>29353167
Why do people think the Tapu's are not legends? I assumed they were legends cause being guardians of each island. Plus they even look like a legendary pokemon.
>>
>>29353300
There might be more postgame, but the datamine did not show any hints of missing Pokemon.

>>29353341
Ah that's right. Plus I'm sure there are lots more analogs

>>29353305
I posted it once before 3 days ago and it died with 2 replies. And I can do again it as often as I want, reddit.

>>29353593
>>29353673
They are at the ends of the island pokedexes, so perhaps they are. That's an even lower proportion of normal, new Pokemon, though.
>>
>>29353632
yea agree to the point where obnoxious cum stains start making memes about there being more than 1k pokemon it's gonna look bad to newcomers
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.