[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did we ever get the story behind this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Did we ever get the story behind this thing?
>>
>>29350991
It's the Topu Keko, isn't it?
>>
It's probably one of the Tapu mons
>>
>>29350991
I thought it was supposed to be one of the Tapus with its "shell" closed but now that they've leaked I'm not so sure.
Maybe it's based on Tapu concept art
>>
>>29351015
This thing doesn't resemble any of the Tapus though
>>
>>29350991
In the datamine, I believe it was found that you still get it as an item.

Gen 8, maybe?
>>
I think it's just supposed to some abstract representation of one of the tapus but they put it in so early they didn't have the exact designs yet.
>>
>>29350991
Just a generic Tiki? It doesn't resemble anything.
>>
>>29351051
Pretty sure that just means the data still exists (as it does for a lot of unobtainable items).
>>
>>29351051
>>29351072
Unlikely it will be in Gen 8 because the details of it is said to be a protector of a region far from Kalos and this item was given by a bagpacker from the Alola region. And I agreed that it could be some sort of a visual representation of one of the Tapus. Maybe in the full game, we will get a clear clarification of the souvenir from one of the NPCs in one of the four islands.
>>
>>29351051
I'm pretty sure the text for this item is the same as it was in gen 6
>>
>>29351038
actually it kinda resembles the fire one with its shell closed.
We have no animations to go by, but you can use your imagination. I believe that one is supposed to be a bull.
>>
>>29350991
dafuq is dis
>>
You guys look way into things. Its just a generic Tiki, its purpose was simply a vague teaser for a Hawaiian based region. Seems pretty obvious to me.
>>
>>29351334
It's probably just this.

But I like to imagine that Sun/Moon will make a little nod to it. Perhaps they'll be on a shelf somewhere in a souvenir shop, or there will be a little shrine to this tiki hidden somewhere on a route.
>>
>>29350991
It's the Pendant.
>>
>>29350991
It's Johnny Bravo with his shades up on his forehead.
>>
File: 1474691494901.png (415KB, 1255x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1474691494901.png
415KB, 1255x1057px
>>29350991
What about the Snowman and what about the Fighting Alakazam
>>
It was just an Easter Egg that was hinting at an Hawaiian Region, that's it.
>>
>>29351104
He never said he was from Alola.
>>
>>29352037
There was no Fighting Alakazam in the real leak.

The "Snowman" was a mistranslation of "Yeti", which is what we got with the ice crab next to Crabrawler in the dex.
>>
>>29352134

>The "Snowman" was a mistranslation of "Yeti", which is what we got with the ice crab next to Crabrawler in the dex.

Bullshit. The leak clearly talked about a two stage ICE/GHOST snowman. And i don't think the "yeti" Crabrawler will have this typing. I'm not even sure it will get the Ice type at all.
>>
>>29352336
nobody ever said there is a ice/ghost snowman, what you have seen is just a fake leak.
>>
>>29352336
you're talking about a completely different "leak," anon. the one in question never stated typing. the chinese word for yeti and snowman are the same thing, so when translated it was unclear which one it meant. now seeing crabrawlers evo, its obviously a Yeti Crab.
>>
>>29350991
More forgotten than the Ability Capsule.

>>29351051
It's just the item data, which means it exists. That means you could hack it into your inventory but not necessarily that it's obtainable or has any use in the game. It better though. I'm sick of them screwing things like this up. Like the aforementioned Ability Capsule.
>>
>>29352336
>so many leaks that you start confusing them all

Truly this is the greatest of all seasons.
>>
>>29351086
that's our fucking point retard, we're pointing out how it doesn't resemble anything, because it Should. it is specifically described as a pokemon from a faraway region, not just a fucking pointless statue.
>>
>>29351334
it's less that we're looking too much into it, and more that we're complaining that nintendo didn't. it's stupid that nothing looks like it.
>>
>>29350991
Just a teaser for Alola.
>>
File: 1474395800124.jpg (3MB, 1800x5340px) Image search: [Google]
1474395800124.jpg
3MB, 1800x5340px
>>29352336
>you
>talking nonsesnse.
>>
>>29352403
??? But the ability capsule is obtainable with battle-points in ORAS???

And the Tiki is literally just an Alola region teaser.
>>
>>29352556
Derp, sorry, I meant the Lock Capsule.
>>
>>29350991
>Tapu Koko is black and yellow
>Tapu 2 is black and pink
>Tapu 3 is black and red
>Tapu 4 is black and purple
>Marshadow, which clearly gets another form via hold item, is just black
I'm putting my money on it being Marshadow's. There's four islands AND the Aether Foundation's artificial island/Aether Paradise - it just wouldn't make sense to put one of the already confirmed Tapus above the other three, or to have five islands and only four island guardians.
>>
>>29352486
This.
>>
>>29352503
Always knew the "real leaks" was bullshit and lucky guesses

Shame so many believe any old shit on here
>>
>>29352503
#5's preevo thing is right too probably
>>
>>29350991
it's a generic Hawaiian girl
>>
>>29352445
>nintendo
>>
>>29352503
too late hazeldex.
>>
File: Tapus.png (63KB, 504x153px) Image search: [Google]
Tapus.png
63KB, 504x153px
>>29350991

The Tapus.

>An ornament depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos.

The Tapus are the guardian deities of Alola.
>>
>>29356469
Tapus clearly have a curved shape, except the bull one. That doesn't match things at all.
>>
>>29350991
could be based on an event mon
>>
>>29356492

It's not meant to resemble any of them in particular, it's just a generic shape to represent all of them. Kind of like how that Generations episode used a generic canine silhouette for what the legendary beasts were before becoming the legendary beasts.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 256x256px
>>
Maybe there is a Pokemon not in the Alolan dex, but is considered a protector in Alola, and it has a new form that you can get if have it and the souvenir transferred through Bank. Sort of like getting Regigigas in DP.

This is the only hypothesis I could think of for it not to be nothing.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.