[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb things in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon (so far)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 21

File: vp.png (202KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
vp.png
202KB, 500x300px
Title says it all.

>in b4 OP is dumb

I find it baffling that a Pokémon game called Sun/Moon doesn't have literally my mom's rock sun and rock moon in its regional dex.
>>
>>29350425
no bellossom
no alolan lapras
only 70 new pokemon
>>
I have yet to see someone complain about this
Maybe I'm just missing something
How the fuck are we going to hatch eggs with no grid and no infinite loop
I'm not implying that breeding is a requirement but some people actually like to do it
They are shitting all over breeding this gen
>>
Or Tropius.

Or Bellossom.
>>
>>29350449
Probs be an incubator or something, anon.
>>
the fucking 12 hour apart bullshit
>>
>>29350464
I don't hate this idea
>>
only 18 alolan forms. Like what the fuck? At least with XY's new form gimmick they went all out with it and introduced almost 30 of them and none of them were shitty NFEs. I don't even mind that they're all gen 1, just give me fucking more of them
>>
>>29350425
Assuming this isn't just a thinly veiled hate thread

The lack of Solrock and Lunatone in the regional dex is pretty stupid.
Also, that Moon is looking like it'll actually be a bit easier than Sun, it seems intended that the "solution" to the first boss is to get a fighting type, which is 2x against the Sun boss but 4x against the Moon boss.
>>
>>29350488
On the other hand, you're going to be taking STAB Bites(?) from the thing, and it could have Hustle.
>>
>>29350448
>no bellossom
It's literally a hula dancer pokemon and they left it out of the regional dex. What the fuck?
>>
>>29350425
>No Alola Dragonite, they could have finally made Dragonair evolve into something looking like it.
>No Dexnav
>Pokemon Bank starts getting compatible in 2017, why were those fucks proclaiming I could send my Pokemon from RBY as soon as Sun/Moon are released? Why do they do the same shit with Bank like when Gen6 started? Fuck them.
>>
I fucking hate new Stats screen
>>
File: breedingroute.png (805KB, 984x1128px) Image search: [Google]
breedingroute.png
805KB, 984x1128px
>>29350449
just press the opposite direction every few seconds
>>
>>29350488
>Assuming this isn't just a thinly veiled hate thread

Rest assured this isn't. I am actually really hyped and can barely wait for their official release! It's just that there are things that left me scratching my head and ask, "How the hell did GameFreak miss that?"

I just wanna know if people are on the same boat as I am.
>>
>>29350574
With the thumbstick? It's gonna be a fucking disaster.
>>
>>29350425
>no bike
>>
>>29350425
>>29350488
Why would the title of the game affect what Pokemon show up in it?

This is like asking why Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen weren't filled with red and green Pokemon respectively. Alola is its own ecosystem with its own unique set of Pokemon native to the region. "HURR THEY'RE CALLED SUN AND MOON SO WHERE ARE THE SUN AND MOON POKEMON DURR" is kindergarten-level word association.
>>
i like how cutscenes and battles look but i absolutely fucking hate how models look in the overworld (also no grid)
also i can see the whole "alola means hello" shit getting annoying real fast
>>
>>29350449
how about the fact that bikes are removed and now you will have to ride tauros while holding B continuously to hatch eggs. it's gonna be shit.
>>
File: 1475973150614.jpg (146KB, 960x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475973150614.jpg
146KB, 960x758px
>No Solrock/Lunatone
>No Bellossom, a LITERAL hula dancer Pokemon
>No Scraggy/Scrafty for Team Skull motif
>Only 18 Alolan forms
>Ice/Steel
>Tsareena, basically a Grass-type Chun-Li, whose entire purpose is to protect weaker Pokemon, isn't part Fighting
>Fire starter has the worst shiny imaginable
>No new Mega Evolution because we have to dickride Z-moves even though Z-moves won't help anyone at all
>>
>>29350614
Calm down, pal. I understand your sentiments. We just find it a bit unsettling. Lmao.

It's like a missed opportunity. Heck, they could've added something special to those two.
>>
2/3 of the fully evolved starters look like hot garbage.
>>
>>29350465
Why? I'll finally be able to play Pokemon in the Day-time for once.
>>
>>29350449
Infinite loop is in the Festival place dumbass
>>
>>29350654
I agree with all of these.

I may be nitpicking but is it me or the overworld looks underwhelming, design-wise at least. The trees, buildings, and other elements look unfinished. It bugs me.
>>
File: _20161019_145305.jpg (5KB, 130x110px) Image search: [Google]
_20161019_145305.jpg
5KB, 130x110px
>>
File: mfw ehhhh...no.gif (1MB, 285x212px) Image search: [Google]
mfw ehhhh...no.gif
1MB, 285x212px
>>29350760
>can't figure out how to change clock in 3DS settings
>>
>>29350449
Wait how do we know for sure that theres no infinite loop? I woulda assumed the same thing about ORAS
>>
>>29350425
>You can't make UBabies with UB-01
So much wasted potential.
>>
>>29350793
Because maybe some of us don't want to cunt up daily events?
>>
>>29350807
>changing the time by 12 hours will ruin everything!
>guess I'll just have to play at nighttime forever even though I don't want to
>>
>>29350804
...it's just a hat and some hair.
>>
>>29350425

Z-Moves. The whole concept of them, really. Holding an item so that you can use a single super move once per battle just feels pointless to me. They won't magically make shitmons stop being shit like Megas managed to do for Pokemon like Beedrill. They're just fancy, sometimes excessively long animations attached to, what, 200+ BP moves? I could not possibly care less about them.
>>
File: IMG_0913.png (37KB, 483x301px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.png
37KB, 483x301px
This exists
>>
>>29350425
no lunatone and solrock
no bellossom
no alomomola
no pokemon that looks like the strange souvenir
no third legendary
no fossils
no bike
no new dark or ice types aside from alola forms
>>
>>29350863
Most moves don't come close to reaching 200 power when converted into Z-Moves. They really aren't as worth it when you take into account needing to hold a Z-Crystal and being able to use them only once a battle.
>>
>>29350449
just because the character movement doesn't lock to it doesn't mean there's not an unseen grid that still permeates the entire walkable area. structurally, for a video game, there has to be.
>>
>>29350883
>no pokemon that looks like the strange souvenir
This confuses me so much, just who is that supposed to represent? The unseen combined form of the Tapus?
>>
>>29350894

That's even worse than I thought then. I doubt they'll see any competitive play, save perhaps for a couple broken ones dolled out to Game Freak's favorites (if Mega Fug doesn't get something completely absurd, I'll be surprised).
>>
>>29350792
literally just a fucking toucan
>>
>>29350916
They're meant to be fun rather than used competitively. The explanation was literally:

>Megas were alright but they only let specific Pokemon do cool stuff, with Z-Moves any Pokemon can do cool stuff. Try not to think about it too hard.
>>
>>29350654
>implying no new megashits isn't a plus
>>
>>29350944
Also
>removing sitting
>>
>>29350968
>no sitting
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29350968
>>29350976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMnwB6neGlY

>SuMo will never be this polished and filled with features

nice fucking game
>>
>>29350976
I want to be the girl with the Corsola in the malasada shop.
>>
>>29350943

Eh. I feel like they'll just get annoying after awhile. I usually play with battle animations on for my first time through and some of these moves go on forever.
>>
>>29350614

FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes. Kindergarten-level false equivalence.

I don't think it's far fetched to say that Pokemon that are literally based off of the sun itself and the moon itself should have been included in the game somehow.
>>
>>29350652
I'm sure there will be another ride mon for fast travel and that tauros will be the designated rock smasher
>>
>No Water/Psychic Alola Golduck/Psyduck
They had the chance and they squandered it.
Also
>No Johto starter Megas
They will forever remain mediocre at best.
>>
>>29350614
Kindergarten Level word association sounds like GaneFreak to me

>>29350425
No bike and holding down B sounds pretty bad. Especially since I'd be doing it often as running feels slow
>>
>>29350425
>When you ride pokemon you're forced to wear a stupid ass fuck outfit
>that shit shows up during battle
>will probably end up blocking any clothes the character wears
>>
>>29350425
Non-exclusive Z-moves. At least Megas helped make some shitmons like Beedrill and Mawile viable. Non-exclusive Z-moves are just going to leave shitmons further in the dust. Why would I use an Electric Z-move on a Plusle when I could use it on a Raikou or even a Raichu instead?
>>
I was really confused with how many Corsola and Slowpoke they have in the demo that there were no Alo;an Corsola or Slowpokes. Even a Corsola evo would have been nice.

I do feel cheated that Mega are basically dead now after they pushed that shit hard in the last gen. It feels like they couldn't come up more or were pissed with how much complaining they were probably getting.

The Alolan forms in general annoy me because why is this the region that has the biggest affect on Pokemon species? We had entire region fucked up by Ice at points and that didn't fuck up some species?

And yeah, 18 Alolan forms in general is SUPER dissapointing because of how muchthey are pushing it. Just because the Rattata is different now doesn't mean I'm not going to throw a fit over running into 8,000 of them. Might as well have made Alolan Zubat too.
>>
>>29350614
>Alola is its own ecosystem with its own unique set of Pokemon native to the region
If only even half the dex was filled with new and unique Pokemon.
>>
>>29351180
But they couldn't make an Alolan Zubat, Crobat exists and they can't have a non-Kanto mon have an Alolan Form!

Fucking GF with their Gen I circlejerk.
>>
So is it a good game?
>>
>>29351147
The point of the non-specific z-moves is being able to use them on whatever Pokemon you feel like using. Yeah, you could use the electric Z-move on Raikou or Raichu instead of Plusle, but at the point you're doing it because you want to use those Pokemon. People who like Plusle can use the move with Plusle. They aren't excluded. Besides, Z-moves aren't going to make much of an impact in competitive anyways, who would honestly sacrifice their item slot for a move they get to use once?
>>
>>29351142
I actually agree. Unpopular opinions?
>>
>>29351208
Seethe bitchboy
Gen 1 will always get privileges over other gens
>>
>>29350597
Is there confirmation of this or just speculated b/c of Pokeride?
>>
>>29350779
This, its quite literally a circle with no obstructions.
>>
>>29350903
>who
The Alolan people of course.

Its just a generic Tiki, its purpose was simply a vague teaser for a Hawaiian based region. Seems pretty obvious to me.
>>
>>29350425
I'm not really upset with the total number of Alola Forms, but I do find it frustrating that fully half of them are weak to Ground.
>>
>>29350968
>>29350976
Came here to post this, I liked sitting. It's really stupid that your character just stands around and bumps into tables with empty chairs. Sitting added immersion.

I guess now we have the stupid pirouette animation if you spin around in the same place quick enough.

>>29350630
>name of the region is "alola"
>the greeting is "alola"
It's so stupid and unnatural, it's like saying "Hawaii!" when you greet someone. It'd be even shittier if you picked a country's name, like "Canada!" or "England!"

>>29350563
You're not alone, it feels like a downgrade.
>>
>>29350863
Z-moves are nothing but elemental gems anyways. Can hit over 200 bp, but requires a high bp moves. Some pokemon are going to benefit though such as hawlucha.
>>
>>29351216
It's not terrible, going by the demo. Most of this thread is nitpicks. It will probably end up being better than ORAS but about on-par/slightly worse than XY.
>>
>>29351476
I'm not sure that using a Z-move will even trigger Unburden, since you have to consume an item to trigger it. Since Z-Crystals seem to be a rarer "one-per game" type of item I doubt they disappear after using a Z-move, they probably end up like a Mega Stone on a Mega Evolved pokemon, effectively useless but still taking up your item slot.
>>
>>29351491
>slightly worse than XY
So absolute garbage?
>>
>>29351180
>I was really confused with how many Corsola and Slowpoke they have in the demo that there were no Alo;an Corsola or Slowpokes. Even a Corsola evo would have been nice.
They are Pokemon that live in the water and have very little need to adapt to the ecosystem.
>>
>>29351491
>Better than ORAS
Sorry Mario, your Battle Frontier is in another game
>>
It's extremely nitpicky but the "you're running into a wall" sound effect only plays once now instead of it repeating until you stop running into the wall.

I don't remember if gen 6 took that out too but I kind of liked it.
>>
>>29351568
Okay, I'll barely buy it but that explanation is on thin ice.
>>
File: whut.gif (960KB, 250x256px) Image search: [Google]
whut.gif
960KB, 250x256px
>>29351491
>better than ORAS
>worse than XY

XY was worse than ORAS
>>
>>29351142
That's even worse when you realize that, since Tauros seemingly replaces the bike, you're gonna use Tauros A LOT. Think how much time you spent on your bike in the previous gens. Now think about how during all that time you won't be able to look at your normal clothes
>>
>>29351597
No it wasn't.
>>
>>29350449
we saw an infinite loop in the fucking trailers you blind faggot
>>
>water starter
>UBs being catchable
>megas
>i like hyper training but they should just scrap the IV mechanic
>battles have the longest starting times of any game
>walking with a rotom the whole time but theyre catchable only post-game

>>29350448
Few pokemon isnt a complaint. Quality > quantity.
>>
>>29351491
I think it will be at least slightly better than XY, if only because the characters actually look somewhat memorable this time around. Also given the story is not complete shit, it should be better than the literally nothing most of XY was, with a terrible villain team to boot.
>>
>fucks over a major legendary with shit defensive typing
Seriously? Lunala should have been fairy/ghost.
>>
>>29351734
>>battles have the longest starting times of any game
This goddammit. Those hi poly models were a mistake. The loading times before and after every battle are absurd, and the framerate during is awful too.
>>
>>29350873
Oh my Arceus, luchalitten was okay, but that shiny looks like shit
>>
>>29350425
I don't like how few Alola forms there are. Especially since most of the dex is Kanto pokémon.
If there were more at least finding unseen pokémon in the routes would be fresh and exciting for a little longer.

I also hate how they removed sitting, especially since there are characters sitting down in almost every building. Feels as bad as the BF teases in ORAS.
>>
>>29350449
Festival Plaza for the infinite loop and XY/ORAS also didn't need to be on grid to hatch eggs
>>
>>29351470
What, you mean you DON'T say "Canada!" when meeting someone?
>>
>>29351823
TETSUOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>29351470
>It'd be even shittier if you picked a country's name, like "Canada!"
Y-yeah, we don't do that here in Canada.
>>
>>29351470
>not saying USA! USA! when you greet someone
Are you a commie or something?
>>
>>29351825
kek
>>
L + A gives you the move info but L + tapping the move doesn't what the FUCK
>>
>>29351914
Why would you L+tap that seems so cumbersome
>>
File: Mimikyu.jpg (162KB, 1280x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyu.jpg
162KB, 1280x1040px
This cutie doesn't evolve.
>>
>>29351823
>>29351830
thanks for the laugh leafs

>>29351833
not without playing my good ol' trusty gun and trumpet first

https://youtu.be/QAZh5VVPgpo
>>
>>29350488
>You can't get a fighting type for the fight
>>
>>29351734
Quality and quantity aren't mutually exclusive you know
>>
>>29351537
>>29351748
It could go either way.

>>29351575
Frontierfags are cancer.
>>
>>29351945
If it evolved it wouldn't be a cutie anymore.
>>
It's not a dealbreaker for me, but there are too many regular kantomons and the ones people expected the most to have alolan forms are not even present in the dex. Seems like a wasted potential or stuff held back for the sake of the third version..
>>
>>29350597
>no bike because pokeride
>yfw pokeride doesn't count as egg steps
>>
>>29351768
>OMA
kys
>>
>>29351734
>battles have the longest starting times of any game
That still goes to gen 4.
>>
>>29350792
Fucking pidgeot is more stylized and fictional looking than this.
>>
>>29350425
The hint shit where it tells you what moves the enemy is weak/resistant to.

FRLG had a type chart that you could access mid-battle, it didn't get in the way of anyone who didn't want/need it, and the player could use it to determine any weird matchups while still needing to figure out what type the enemy is, making it a nice crutch that didn't make the game completely braindead. Why couldn't they just bring that into Sun and Moon, instead of going full retard with this?
>>
>only 18 alolan forms
>at least 6 are dark
>4 are ice
>one of them is literally dugtrio with a wig
>>
>>29351613
>80% of the game I will be riding a pokemon
>it's not mine
GAMEFREAAAAAAAAAK
>>
>>29351359
Dataminers near-confirmed it, all the bike items have been made into stubs (as in, they're just indexes and nothing else, since Game Freak never reuses old indexes for new items). It's possible they just have a new type of bike with a new gimmick, but combined with Pokéride they're pretty much guaranteed to be gone.
>>
>>29351734
Too bad Alola is shit in quantity and mediocre in quality.
>>
>>29350783
This. Since cities are so big now, I expected them to have more detail, which is why it excited me so. Instead, they used it as an excuse to have a whole lot of nothing, just more travelling time when moving through the city, as evidenced by hal'oui in the demo.
>>
>>29351359
Bike data in the demo is stubbed.
>>
>>29352137
>customization returns
>doesn't matter because you'll be dressed as in gay spandex most of the time
What were they thinking?
>>
No alolan tropius, alomomola, corsola, mantine, mantyke and bellossom line. Imagine an alolan viluplume with a giant hibiscus.

No mega lunatone, solrock.
>>
>>29351568
The excuse for Alolan Raichu existing is "maybe it ate too many pancakes!" I don't think Game Freak is trying to apply logic to these.
>>
>>29351615
Nah, he's right. ORAS disappointed me a lot more than XY did, but ORAS is basically RS, and RS is a lot better than XY, so that makes ORAS better than XY. ORAS is a mediocre game on its own, it's just a horrible remake.
>>
>>29352030
There are two-stage Pokémon that remain cuties in both stages.
>>
>>29350883
>no new dark or ice types
Crabrawler evo is ice.
UBs and Marshadow could be dark. Possibly Wimpod evo & anchor as well.
>>
File: 1474290795615.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474290795615.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
>>29352442
>Champod
>Not bug/fighting
>>
>>29350448
The whole 70 new Pokemon thing wouldn't be so bad if hey had fewer evolutionary families that felt fully fleshed out, like with Kalos. But it feels we have a lot of dead ends now, with lots of single-stage Pokemon that either feel gimmicky or just pure shit.
>>
File: 1472742288334.gif (520KB, 302x270px) Image search: [Google]
1472742288334.gif
520KB, 302x270px
>all these anons complaining about the lack of Solrock and Lunatone
>no one complaining about BOTH Luvdisc and Alomomola being in
Seriously, that's the biggest proof they didn't put any effort in making the regional dex
>>
>>29352597
Actually Luvdisc being in is a good thing. Heart Scale farming.
>>
THE
FUCKING
CAMERA

Like what the fuck were they thinking
>>
I never used the circle pad to move. I tried to get used to it for a few hours and gave up. Then the Sun demo came along.

If it isn't an option I can switch come the real Sun i'm going to be fucked.
>>
File: angry water types.gif (973KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
angry water types.gif
973KB, 500x309px
>>29352561
>not Bug/Water

Fuck you, I refuse to believe they'd pull a Surskit on us TWICE. I know they flipped off Emerald fans with the Battle Tower statue in ORAS, but they won't make a second Bug/Water Pokémon only to change its typing to something that already exists a second time, Game Freak is not that cruel.
>>
>>29350563
What is it like? I haven't played the demo.
>>
>>29352785
But they will, pick a better type
>>
>>29351088
Bruxish exists anon
>>
>>29352785
You think that's what I want, anon? Of course not! I don't like fighting types at all if i'm to be truthful. But those big meaty claws? Oh yeah, he's going to be a bonafide brawler.

Prepare for a shit ton of fan art of the final evolution of the dragon mon and Champod being bros inside the ring and out.
>>
>>29351268
(You)

>>29351734
Quality>Quantity is entirely meaningless since its 100% subjective
>>
Sitting removed.

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29350614
>Alola is its own ecosystem with its own unique set of Pokemon native to the region.
>more Kanto mons in the dex than Alola ones
You're joking right?
>>
>>29350448
>no bellossom
wut

how the fuck could you be this dumb
>>
I'm super excited for this game. But I agree with most things here.

But most of all, THE FUCKING WALKING ANIMATION IS SO ROBOTIC, YOUR ARMS ARE SO STIFF REEEEEE
>>
>>29350783
>>29352141
They aren't even big, just scaled up to the models. Hau'oli City is downright tiny compared to every other "biggest city" in the series.

And yeah, it feels underwhelming. I think that every route is scaled to fit the PokeRide, which means every route is going to feel wide and empty.

I feel that for the third game in a tow, "woah 3D!" is gonna be a replacement for personality in the region
>>
>>29350425
>aight enough pandering with the megas let's pander with some dark forms XD
some forms are alright but some are serious garbo
>>
File: 559.png (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
559.png
10KB, 256x256px
>>29350883
Don't worry, anon. Alomomola is in.
>>
>>29350654
baest gmae evar!
>>
>Komala and Pyukumuku are single stagers
>two slots were wasted on legendary pre-evos

Pyukumuku is especially fucking disappointing because I was expecting a Barbaracle-style turn around from it. XY made far better use of its tiny dex than SM did.
>>
>>29354497
>DUDE WHAT IF SANDSLASH COULD GET FUCKED UP THE ASS BY ANY FIGHTING TYPE
>DUDE WHAT IF MOST OF THESE GUYS WERE JUST DARK OR ICE
>DUDE WHAT IF DIGLETT LOOKED LIKE HANSON
>DUDE WHAT IF PERSIAN LOOKED LIKE GARFIELD XD

Wow Gamefreak, this is so much better than just making 18 more new Pokemon and not wasting our time with lame recolours.
>>
File: komala.jpg (280KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
komala.jpg
280KB, 900x700px
>>29355386
In a way, I'm happy Komala doesn't evolve. It's already perfect, and seeing the state of the other Pokemon I love that evolve, they would've managed to fuck it up somehow.
>>
File: 1475629880286.png (1MB, 1280x1408px) Image search: [Google]
1475629880286.png
1MB, 1280x1408px
>>29351734
Shit taste,I see.
>>
>>29355556
>55556
Fuck
>>
>>29352139
>>29352139
FUCK OFF
>>
>>29355386
>muh slots
>legendary pre-evos are "wastes"
>>
>>29355556
>> HURRR IM A 12 YR OLD FAGGOT COMPLAINING ABOUT COMPETITIVE STATS WHEN GAMEFREAK COULD GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MY SMOGON SHIT

(you) please kill yourself.
>>
Things wrong with Alolan forms:
>Gen I only
>A little over a dozen
>Most of them are Ice and Dark, while there are seemingly very few new Ice and Dark mons, which suggests Alolan forms were used just to make up for a lack of actual new mons
>Type changes are arbitrary and random to begin with
>While one expect Alolan forms to be most "tropical" variants of classic mons, the actual changes are again arbitrary and random, while the actual explanations for their change seems to be tacked on after the fact. Why is Vulpix suddenly Ice in a tropical climate? Fuck you for asking.
>>
>>29355902
They are wastes. Why are they even necessary?

>maybe they'll let you get the opposite legend, anon

Gold & Silver just let you catch the other cover legendary in the postgame
>>
>>29355907
>he thinks Ice/Steel is a good type

It's not as bad as Ice/Rock, but it's still pretty bad.
>>
>>29355943
>Why are they even necessary?
I dunno, it's almost as if they could be involved in the story or something.
>>
>>29355943
Don't respond to shitposters. Anyone who places "muh" in front of a word as if it were a counterpoint is not actually trying to argue with you.
>>
>>29355959
oh boy wow will sun and moon's exhilarating narrative survive without having a two completely worthless cutemons you'll never see again because you need evovle them to get the legends on the packaging?
>>
>>29355961
The idea that there are "slots" that the legendary pre-evos took from other Pokemon is pants-on-head retarded given the way Pokemon are designed and the roster selected. Acting differently instantly proves that you have no idea what you're talking about, and thus don't deserve a thought-out response.
>>
>>29356011
Be as sardonic as you want, it doesn't change the fact that the nebula showing up less than two hours in shows that the the legendaries are going to be involved in the plot from the outset. And as I said above, if you think they "took slots", you're a retard.
>>
I'm really pissed at the lack of fossils, especially now that we don't know if there will be anymore for future gens.
>>
>>29355931
>Why is Vulpix suddenly Ice in a tropical climate?

Because they evolved to adapt to the ice mountain?
>>
>>29356011
I think the idea of a three stage legendary line is a great concept.
>>
OP, this may be off-topic but how did you edit the pic in the OP? It looks VERY similar to the ones they show in the trailers.
>>
My problems with Alola:
>No Solrock/Lunatone, Tropius, Bellossom, Corsola, Starmie, Luvdisc (Heart Scales grind), Alomomola.
I wonder why GF didn't put them into Pokedex, they fit the game pretty well.
>Alolan Forms.
The idea was pretty nice, but its made horribly. Only 12 of them, from gen 1 and some of them are pretty random.
>No bike
>Alolan Persian.
I fucking hate this thing.
>Long as fuck pre-battle cutscenes.
>Removing sitting/DexNav.
I know they was Gen 6 features, but come on.
>Pushing Mega Evo aside.
I know not everybody loves them, but abandon them is just stupid after all this shit did in Gen 6.
>>
Can't. Sit. Down. what the hell.
>>
>>29352114
Even Shin Megami Tensei does this nowadays. I don't get why people have a problem with some slight UI convenience. It's not like knowing the type chart is what separates casuals from Smogon autists.
>>
>>29356318
Shin Megami Tensei is not nearly as casual as Pokémon, it's still a challenging series despite the hints. Pokémon has always been an easy series, and shit like this pushes it too far regarding casualization.

What works for one series does not work for every series.
>>
>>29356318
This. There are plenty of RPGs that will happily kick your ass but still tell you type effectiveness like here and nonone complains.
>>
File: 1456518785485.png (84KB, 345x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456518785485.png
84KB, 345x250px
>>29355902
>>29355907
>muh
>hurr
>all caps
>>
>>29352596
For clarity:
1. Rowlet line (3)
2. Litten line (3)
3. Popplio line (3)
4. Pikipek like (3)
5. Yungoos line (2)
6. Grubbin line (3)
7. Crabrawler line (2)
8. Oricorio (1)
9. Cutiefly line (2)
10. Rockruff line (2/2)
11. Wishiwashi (1)
12. unnamed sea cactus line (2)
13. Mudbray line (2)
14. unnamed water spider line (2)
15. Formantis line (2)
16. Morelull line (2)
17. Salandit line (2)
18. Bewear line (2)
19. Bounsweet line (3)
20. Comfey (1)
21. Oranguru (1)
22. Passimian (1)
23. Wimpod line (2)
24. Sandygast line (2)
25. Pyukumuku (1)
26. Type: Null line (2)
27. Minior (1)
28. Komala (1)
29. Turtonator (1)
30. Togedemaru (1)
31. Mimikyu (1)
32. Bruxish (1)
33. Drampa (1)
34. unnamed anchor Pokémon
35. Jangmo-o line (3)
———
36. Tapu Koko
37. unnamed Akala Island guardian
38. unnamed Ula Ula Island guardian
39. unnamed Poni Island guardian
40. Box Legendary Pokémon line (3)(3)
41. UB-01 ???
42. UB-02 Absorption
43. UB-02 Beauty
44. UB-xx {Charge}
45. UB-xx {Bamboo}
46. UB-xx {Origami}
47. UB-xx {Hole}
48. UB-xx {Edge}
49. Magearna
50. Marshadow

vs.

1. Chespin line (3)
2. Fennekin line (3)
3. Froakie line (3)
4. Bunnelby line (2)
5. Fletchling line (3)
6. Scatterbug line (3)
7. Litleo line (2)
8. Flabébé line (3)
9. Skidoo line (2)
10. Pancham line (2)
11. Furfrou (1)
12. Espurr line (2/2)
13. Honedge line (3)
14. Spritzee line (2)
15. Swirlix line (2)
16. Inkay line (2)
17. Binacle line (2)
18. Skrelp line (2)
19. Clauncher line (2)
20. Helioptile line (2)
22. Tyrunt line (2)
23. Amaura line (2)
24. Hawlucha (1)
25. Dedenee (1)
26. Carbink (1)
27. Goomy line (3)
28. Klefki (1)
29. Phantump line (2)
30. Pumpkaboo line (2)
31. Bergmite line (2)
32. Noibat line (2)
———
33. Xerneas
34. Yveltal
35. Zygarde
36. Diancie
37. Hoopa
38. Volcanion
>>
>pokemon that look like they belong in there not in
>pokemon like volcorona, lunatone, and solrock not in when there entries mention the sun and shit

I just hope when we see yungoos again we see what region he's from
>>
I fucking HATE the ambient pokemon noises.
>>
>>29356514
Yeah, it was taking the worst part of DexNav without the good parts
>>
>>29356405

what the fuck happened to all the minor legendaries like trios

this is shit, but UBs make me happy
>>
I hate the boy's walking animation

I mean REALLY hate

It made me drop the demo, the girl's had better be a lot better
>>
>>29356700
yeah, I thought it looked weird, too
>>
>>29352596
Sure, Komala and Pyukumuku could really use evolutions, but if a gen is small I'd rather have many 1 and 2 stage families for the sake of variety.

I don't want my precious dex space to be cluttered with forgettable and useless middle evos.
>>
>>29350873
>It's a filthy gaijin don't know who Jushin Liger is episode
>>
>>29352785
>Game Freak is not that cruel.
They are cruel.
>>
That there are 14 standalones this gen.
I'm waiting just too see this confirmed officially by game freak and look at how messed up it was that they could've done 114 but yet almost nothing was hidden and some of the pokemon should've evolved.
>>
No 3D and the game still doesn't look or run like it's using the saved processing power
>>
File: really now duchess.jpg (36KB, 356x374px) Image search: [Google]
really now duchess.jpg
36KB, 356x374px
>All these anons complaining about the absence of Solrock and Lunatone
>When they decided to add every eeveelution EXCEPT Espeon and Umbreon

What the fuck Gamefreak
>>
>>29356899
Considering the fact that they made 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row, yes, I think they can be that cruel when they need to.
>>
>>29351032
This. Same goes for the eternity it takes for a pokemon to mega evolve and for Greninja to turn into Ash. The less time an animation takes, the better. Or at least let me just turn them all off.
>>
>>29352785
It will be changed to something 4x weak to rock and keep Wimp Out
>>
Everything
>>
>>29356917
What the fuck, how?
Also where is Dragon-type Eeveelution
>>
File: Capture.png (315KB, 1118x554px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
315KB, 1118x554px
>>29356917
So are you just retarded or
>>
>>29356917
both are in the game
>>
>>29356662
They're back with said UBs and the Island Guardians. Also, with Legendary Pokémon evolving being a thing now, Silvally may be considered a Legendary Pokémon like Mewtwo and Genesect before it.
>>
>>29350883
>wanting boring Pokemon from early gens
>wanting a generic Tiki Pokémon
>"muh patterns"
Either way, Zygarde is the third legendary. It's the Earth. It's a double trio master, similar to, but obviously not the same as, Arceus.
>fossils
I can understand this, still falls under "muh patterns," but I get it.
>wanting the bike at all when you can ride Tauros and shit
>Ice and Dark
This, 100%. There's only one each, from what I can remember off the top of my head: Luchalitten and Yeticrab. I imagine the so many Alolan forms were given Ice and Dark types to make up for it, plus there's the UBs to make up for it. Still, wish there was more.
>>
>>29352785
We're getting a diving bell spider Pokémon, so even if this happened we will still have a Bug/Water-type final form.
>>
File: JUST.png (218KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
218KB, 635x475px
>You can't use the D-pad to move
>You have to use the shitty circle pad instead
>>
>>29350425
No Bellossom, Chatot, Tropius or Horsea in the regional dex.
>>
>>29350425
>Likely no Battle Frontier or post game facility
>Only 70 new pokemon
>Only 11 Alolan forms all of which are genwun only
>No new megas
>No new evolutions
>Didn't fix the models and animations, they still look stupid and washed out
>Regional pokedex has more genwun than any other gen
>The regional Pokedex just sucks in general
>More genwun pandering with pokeride and regional pokedex
>Horde battles gone meaning EV training is back to being a boring and time consuming process
>Triple and rotation battles gone for no reason
>No sitting
>Bad music
>Alolan Dugtrio
>Small region overall
>Less content
>No Gyms, Elite 4 and Champion, intead we get retarded fetch quests and a easy as fuck battle with a shitmon at the end
>Trailers already showed that many of the important trainers use less than 3 pokemon
>Will likely be easier than X and Y
>Horrible framerate
>No 3D

I could go on and on, these games will be worse than X and Y, mark my words.
>>
>>29357247
>Alolan Dugtrio as a negative
>>
>>29357247
>Bad music

Hey now, I'm not too fond of the overworld stuff we've seen, but the battle music has been tight this Gen. Gladion's battle theme is up there with Colress's and Zinnia's themes in quality.
>>
>>29357201
>>wanting the bike at all when you can ride Tauros and shit
You need to hold b on Tauros to go at full speed, even though the whole point of the bike was going fast without having to press b.
Plus, like other anons said, you get the stupid rider outfit, and it stays on when you're in battle. Have fun with customization when you won't even get to see your outfit 90% of the time.
>>
>>29357313
>Laziest pokemon design to be even conceived
>Good
>>
>>29357247
I agree with all of this, but the Join Avenue means we're back to Gen 5 EV Training, which coupled with more money means this is gonna be easy as shit
>>
>>29352158
Being forced into the riding gear really bugs me. I didn't need a helmet on my bike before! I didn't need a helmet when I went surfing!
>>
>>29357247
>No gyms or E4

We don't know that for sure, I speculate that you do the trial and fight the totem and then you fight the leader of the trial.
>>
>>29357589
The idea was that the Pokemon you use aren't your responsibility so the company you rent them from requires you to wear a helmet.
>>
>>29357589
These games are aimed at a younger audience, they're trying to instill good safety advice.
>>
>>29351734
>if it's a small new group of mons then it's automatically good
I swear if I randomly removed 50% of the pokemon from any other gen and presented the remnants as new before the release of the games you people would say the exact same thing.
>>
>>29350425
no one cares what you think
>>
>>29351945
An evolution is not necessary if it doesn't have shit stats. I don't understand why The Pokemon Company designs pokémon that won't be used by anybody because they have stats and abilities that suck balls. Delibird, quillfish and luvdisc are some examples.
>>
>>29350590
I already use the thumbstick on the bike in XY. Chill the fuck out.
>>
>No Psychic or Water/Psychic Alola form for Psyduck/Golduck
Golduck is so mediocre and it really could've used the help, and this also would have finally given it the Psychic type that it's Dex entries imply it should have.
>Alola Forms for Kanto mons only
Think about all the worthless Johtomons that really could have benefitted from it
>No sitting
'Nuff said
>>
>>29350425
am i the only one who's mad that diamond and pearl didnt have sableye and clamperl in them
>>
>>29358294
Were you mad when Luvdisc didn't evolve into Alomomola when you were a kid?
>>
>>29351021
You fucking niggers are insufferable. The zelda cycle is so fucking real with the Pokemon community.
>>
>>29358341
He's shitposting. The Zelda Cycle is not real, nobody is suddenly liking XY, it's a combination of ironic shitposters and people who always liked XY. You're probably one of the latter, trying to push the Zelda Cycle shit to make your game seem more popular than it is. Stop trying to force it.
>>
>>29356662
Are you kidding? The minor legendary trios and oversaturation of boring-ass shitty fucking legendaries was terrible.
>>
>>29351575

Not having the Battle Frontier is the least of ORAS problems.
>>
File: 1450390938636.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1450390938636.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>29356917
>>
>>29358373
Counterargument: Kill yourself.
>>
>>29351021
Wow, it looks like shit now.
>>
>>29357222

>implying it wont be Bug/Psychic
>>
>>29358421
You first, Kalosperm
>>
>>29358341
>The zelda cycle is so fucking real with the Pokemon community
So where are the people liking DP?
>>
>>29358526
People who liked Sinnoh had Platinum to fix their biggest issues with it. If XY had a Z, and it fixed shit the same way past third versions did, I'm sure a lot more people would like Kalos by virtue of Kalos having a game that wasn't shit, rather than supposedly having the Zelda Cycle kick in. I'm not him by the way, and think that cycle is bullshit.
>>
>>29358526
I hated Sinnoh when it was the newest gen because Diamond and Pearl were garbage. I liked Platinum better, but it was still my least-played game. It wasn't until after XY came out that I went and watched the DP anime, replayed Platinum, and started to love Sinnoh.
>>
>>29350425
More Kanto mons than Alolan mons.
>>
>>29358341
It's really not.
The pokemon community outside of /vp/ loves every gen except Gen 1. Hating Genwunners is pretty popular now (though ironically they love the Gen 1 pandering in X/Y and S/M)
>>
>>29358341
Stop forcing the Zelda Cycle in Pokemon
>>
>>29357638
>you do the trial and fight the totem and then you fight the leader of the trial.

I seriously hope this is the case.
Just doing a boring fetch quest and battling one wild pokemon with its shitmon partner would be underwhelming as fuck.
People complained about gym leaders having progressively less pokemon with every gen and now we reached the point where the battle is reduced to just ONE fucking wild pokemon
>>
>>29350425
lunatone and solrock are not in the regional dex
only kanto alolan forms
no bellossom
zmoves seem completly useless
>>
>>29360508
Have you seen the first totem battle? It's literally Whitney 2.0; if you're expecting to just sweep with your starter, you're going to get your ass handed to you.
>>
Can anyone answer my question, will Z-forms will be a thing in sun and moon, anyone?
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.