[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on the starting Pokemon in the Pokemon games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: Pokemon starters rankings.jpg (2MB, 1602x5318px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon starters rankings.jpg
2MB, 1602x5318px
What's your opinion on the starting Pokemon in the Pokemon games?
>>
Wow still being a denial fag...
>>
>>29350118
This image was made before that big leak. Or the starter's stage 2 reveal.
>>
>>29350023
In Gen 3 designs don't mesh well with previous forms yet Kalos gets a 10/10.
>>
>>29350023
Judging each group of starters it goes like this:

4 = 1 > 7 = 2 = 3 > 6 >>> 5
>>
>>29350023
Well since I like judging Pokemon more on their abilities as Pokemon rather than just design and aesthetics, I'd say:

4>1>6>3>7(?)>2>>>>>5
>>
>Gen 6
>10/10

I like them OP, but how retarded are you? If gen 6 are a 10/10, gen 3 is an 11
>>
2 > 5 = 3 > everything else is underwhelming

I'm not big on the non johto starters.
>>
>Gen 1
Char, Venusaur, n' the 'Stoise are pretty basic, but rad nontheless.

>Gen 2
Call me biased but mah boy Typhlosion overshadows everything else by a longshot. Feraligatr is rad tho.

>Gen 3
Blaziken and Sceptile are based.
Swampert...same. But not as much.

Gen 4
THE GREATEST
Well, except for the overdesigned bits of empoleon and infernape they need to be rolled the fuck back

>Gen 5
Emboar a shit
but Samurott and Serperior are gr8

>Gen 6
Ninja Frog...Witch Fox...Chesnut Demon Thing? I'd compliment them but that's insulting grass types everywhere.

>Gen 7
SNIPER OWL WOOOOOOOOOO-
Siren Pop and BaraLitten are rad too
>>
>>29350927
>Chesnut Demon Thing
it's a knight you imbecile
>>
Chesnaught looks like shit

Reminds me of the michelin man
>>
>>29350948
Anon refuses to acknowledge it's a knight and they should. It's an abomination.
>>
>>29350023
Overall:

3 > 4=1 > 5 > 6=7 >2

That said my absolute favorites for each type are Torterra, Charizard and Samurott
>>
>>29350023
Personaly I think Epoleon next to Torterra is one of the best designed starters ever and has one of the nicest flow when evolving.
>>
4 >>>>>> everything else
>>
>>29350963
https://youtu.be/tXm6F-K6Ffo
>>
File: 1475696481082[1].png (728KB, 758x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1475696481082[1].png
728KB, 758x1117px
>>
>>29350023
>except empoleon

off yourself
>>
>>29350023
>Gen 1
All three are great

>Gen 2
Meganium is meh, other 2 are great

>Gen 3
All three are great

>Gen 4
All three are great

>Gen 5
Emboar suffers from recycled concept. The rest of them are great

>Gen 6
Greninja is good. The rest is crap. Chesnaught could be redeemed with some tweaks

>Gen 7
Robinhoot is decent. The rest are the absolute trash
>>
Gen 4 is the best, Gen 1,3, 6, and 7 are jumbled somewhere in the middle, Gen 2 is the second worst and Gen 5 is the worst
>>
4>3>1>6>2>literal garbage>5>7

>gen 6 10/10
>denialfagging
empoleon is based as fuck too, kys
have i been baited?
>>
>Gen 1
The most all around solid. 9/10.
>Gen 2
Meganium is terrible, and Feraligatr/Typhlosion are pretty weak. Probably because they both look like/are quadrupeds rearing up on hind legs.5/10
>Gen 3
Blaziken is the harbinger of trash fur fag starters. Sceptile and Swampert are good. 7/10.
>Gen 4
Weakened by literally Sun Wukong and Empoleon, but Torterra like the world carries this gen on his shell. 8/10.
>Gen 5
Absolute trash mons. Pig is especially irredeemable coming off as the third fire/fighting and similar aesthetics to Wukong. 3/10, if I'm being generous.
>Gen 6
Fur faggotry now in full force. Another trash gen, 2/10.
>Gen 7
see above. They should've gotten the guy who designed the bug types to make one as a starter.
>>
>gen 1
its hard to judge the OGs. They are just too iconic
>gen 2
my least favorite of the starters. Dont get me wrong, their design is solid, but they are just boring. they are just bland and unappealing to me. We came from epic dragon, walking jungle, tutle tank, to redneck weasle, gay dinosaur, and retard gator. They are great on their own, but dont live up to their predecessors or their descendants.
>gen 3
Step up in all regards. They harken back to that epic feel of getting a fully evolved starter but in a different fashion. If the gen 1 starters were Kaiju, then gen 3 was like getting Goku, Piccolo, and Vegeta.
>Gen 4
This one is hit and miss. I love empoleon, just because of how regal he looks. which i guess ranks with the kaiju and badass fighters from previous gens. Torterra and Infernape unfortunately try too hard to emulate Blaziken and Venusaur. They are both pretty badass. Infernape is even more Goku than Blaziken, and Torterra is even more Kaiju than Venusaur, but they come off as unoriginal copies to me.
>Gen 5
Same problem i had with gen 2. They are painfully boring. Serperior looks like a poor mans Sceptile stealing Empoleon's clothes. Emboar is redundant as hell, and uninspired. Samurott has no goddamn idea what the hell he is supposed to be. All together they are just forgettable. Even Gen 2 has nostalgia appeal, these guys dont.
>Gen 6
This crew is the most solidly designed crew. Game freak went in with a solid idea and accomplished it. They said "Hey lets do the classic RPG triangle. Mage, Warrior, Rogue" and Masuda was like "That shit is money". Individually they arent as impressive as previous ones. Together, they are a perfect trio. Fuck yeah Gen 6!
>Gen 7
a little soon imo, but the owl is solid. Luchalitten is riding the Emboar line. he could be awesome or totally uninspired. We need to see his mannerisms and typing first. Poppmaid is a bizarre choice. GF never did such an outright feminine starter. Water fanboys are definitely not happy.
>>
>gen 1
they look rad and they're iconic but they are all fat and kinda dopey

>gen 2
Monotype was a terrible idea, as all three of them are easily overshadowed by other mons you catch later and thus lose their importance

>gen 3
this is the only gen I could pick any starter, even if Swampert is the clearly superior choice. I like their design even if Blaziken could be to blame for starting the anthropomorphic style of the recent gens.

>gen 4
these have the best design overall, but in D/P you were pretty much forced to pick infernape if you wanted a non-shit fire type

>gen 5
Emboar's design is a total mess, Serperior is cool but doesn't look as friendly as a starter should, Samurott is pretty cool even if constantly switching between four and two legs for attacking seems pretty uncomfortable.

>gen 6
The tongue scarf looked gross when I first saw it but it eventually grew on me. Chestnaught is badass despite the shit typing and delphox has a charming design sadly butchered by its 3D model rendition.

>gen 7
robinhoot is rad and cleverly themed, luchalitten is only a problem because of its predecessors (it's he fourth fire brawler we get) but is otherwise cool, and Poppmaid, despite clearly geared towards little girls, looks majestic but not intimidating and is probably gonna wreck some shit with its typing and moves.
>>
>>29350023
shit taste. 0/10
>>
>>29350023
>he
>>
>>29350023
kill yourself lmao
>>
DESIGN ONLY
>Gen 1
Basic, but nice and neat. 8/10
>Gen 2
I love most of them, but they are pretty bland. Typhlosion's design is... meh,. It's like a Quilava getting bigger, and turns bipedal for most of the time. And now its 3d model... Ruined it even further. 6/10
> Gen 3
The final evos look a bit weird, in my opinion, but elegant/intimidating in their own way. 6/10
> Gen 4
Torterra and Empoleon have epic designs. Really fucking epic. World Turtle concept is amazing. Emperor Royal Penguin is awesome. Infernape isn't bad, but not as good as the other 2. It's execution of "Fire/Fighting animal" is better than Blaziken's though. 9/10
>Gen 5
Hmm. Serperior. It's pretty fantastic. Regal looking snake. Emboar's is bad. Pignite is horrible. I feel like it's a huge waste when they decided to make Tepig another fire-fighting bipedal animal. A fighting, bipedal fat-ass boar isn't nice at all. It's just weird. Samurott. Yep, it's a weird one. It's soo different from Dewott. I like it's samurai theme, but it's execution is shit. Using your sword while quadrupedal is just odd. And when it stands, it looks fat and awkward. The design isn't so bad tho if looked on independently of it's earlier, forms, and ignoring it's sword-wielding trait. 6/10
>Gen 6
Quilladin is ugly. It's like the grass counterpart to Pignite, since they both are fat, ugly second stages that ruined their respective lines. Chesnaught is obviously an improvement, but I would've preffered if it had been green and brown like it's previous stages. Greninja and Delphox are fine. Delphox looks a bit bland ingame, but thats all. 7/10

>Gen 7
Archer Owl seems pretty awesome. Tony the Tiger isn't so bad, I mean it's better than Emboar. Siren popplio seems fine. 7/10
>>
File: sinnoh.jpg (80KB, 1024x361px) Image search: [Google]
sinnoh.jpg
80KB, 1024x361px
1. Gen 4. One kaiju one, one majestic yet serious one, one slighty humanoid (because actually based on a humanoid animal) one. Literally perfection.
2. Gen 2. Fairly simplistic, but really good and memorable.
3. Gen 3. I feel like they've been made for the 'cool' early '00s kids, which is not a bad thing. Also Swampert is my favorite.
4. Gen 6. These would be higher if not the fact there's not a single non-humanoid one and the fact Delphox's design feels like it misses something.
4. (ex aqueo) Gen 7. Just fun designs all around.
6. Gen 1. These are all good, but suffer from the sameface syndrome and they don't feel that inspired. Just kaiju.
7. Gen 5. Serperior is bland, Emboar reached the meme status due to its typing and Samurott is overhated, but not much better than just okay.
>>
File: 24.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>29351109
>le furfag meme
>>
>>29351109
>Gen 7
>see above. They should've gotten the guy who designed the bug types to make one as a starter.

agree but it'll never happen unfortunately. Bugs also have cool designs (simple and different like Ledian, complex but sleek like the bugs in gen 7) but I don't think we'll ever get a bug starter or at least a starter that looks like a bug. They always have to be generic and marketable for merchandise
>>
File: 1383409008983.jpg (57KB, 814x701px) Image search: [Google]
1383409008983.jpg
57KB, 814x701px
R8/H8, in order of best to least best

>Gen 6
The best starters all-around, if I could use all of them at once I would. They have a lot of character and complement each other well. It's a pity Delphox got the short end of the stick in so many ways, with an awkward model despite a great concept, fuckall moves and a shit ability in comparison to both Chesnaught and Greninja, but I've wanted a wizardly fire/psychic type for years. Maybe the megas, if they ever get them, will even them out a little.

>Gen 4
This is around when GF really started getting the formula down for what they want starters to be like, I think. Each of these are also fantastic designs, and they hold their own well in battle too. Except Torterra, sadly, but its level up learnset is one of the best for in-game. Infernape is great enough both in design and battle that I'm completely okay with another fire/fighting.

>Gen 7
I like both Popplio3 and Rowlet3 and hope they're both at least decent in battle. Like Gen 6, these designs scream with personality, sadly luchalitten was really not what I wanted out of litten. Hopefully it's not another fire fighting and useful , but even if it was complete trash the other 2 would be more than enough to make up for it.

>Gen 3
Overall solid designs and where the current starter design philosophy started creeping in. Swampert is one of my favs, but Sceptile and Blaziken are fine too,

>Gen 1
Decent designs and the baseline for much of the series, but today in the face of so many other Pokemon they don't stand out so much. Except Venusaur, though, I like Venusaur a lot.

>Gen 2
I never understood why so many people like them so much. They're fine, but ultimate pretty boring and a little too safe.

>Gen 5
Despite Serperior being pretty, Gen 5 is stuck at the bottom for multiple reasons. Samurott and Emboar looking subpar would have been made up for if they weren't shit in combat, but GF didn't even give them that, even in the face of Gen 5's massive power creep.
>>
1's great

2's mostly great but i still think meganium looks weird

3's great

4 started the fire/fighting forever shit but the other two are top tier

5 is like 7/10 outside of emboar

6 was eh, delphox was good and greninja was ok. feel sorry for people who liked chespin

7 brought back the curse but rowlett and popplio evos are fairly nice
>>
>Gen 1
You can tell the designs are old, they look really basic. Charizard is literally a fire dragon, the other 2 are also pretty dull. 6/10

>Gen 2
I have yet to find a person who actually likes meganium, fuck that thing. The other 2 are pretty cool though.
8/10

>Gen 3
I absolutely love Blaziken and Swampert, they were my childhood favourite mons. The fat christmas tree brings the score down though.
8/10

>Gen 4
The penguin and earth turtle look amazing, fire monkey looks boring, just an overly designed monkey.
7/10

>Gen 5
I don't like any of the starters, always boxed them. Ugh.
2/10

>Gen 6
Cool ideas but nothing mindblowing. Greninja is cool but the anime and gamefreak have forced it to be the mainstream one.
6/10

>Gen 7
Fuck the gay tranny seal, fuck tony the Tiger. Disgusting. Thank god for based archer owl.
5/10
>>
>>29351544
>le tranny meme
>>
File: Snorlax cant wake up.png (565KB, 610x609px) Image search: [Google]
Snorlax cant wake up.png
565KB, 610x609px
>Gen 1
-First form: Yeah, pretty cool, and cute. Simple? Yes, but an amazing design.
-Final form: Blastoise is only a big turtle with cannons, but Venusaur and specially Charizard are amazing as fuck
>9/10

>Gen 2
-First form: Another bunch of cute as fuck mons. Great initial choices!
-Final form: Well... Meganium is not bad, but Typhlosion is a bit of... "what in the hell is that thing?" Feraligatr is motherfucking godzilla, try to beat that, fuckers!!! He saved your asses
>7/10

>Gen 3
-First form: I fucking love them all! Like in R/G/B, it's fucking hard to choose only one!
-Final form: I really like Sceptile's design, but I think that his tail and his back-balls are weird as fuck, and they missed the Groovyle way. But the other ones, are pretty good! That can be perfect, but not this time...
>8/10

>Gen 4
-Initial form: Well... I... I really don't want that ugly monkey, retarded big-jawed turtle or that OK penguin. But can deal with them.
-Final form: No... Please, don't make something like this ever again! A drunk monkey, a fucking island and some kind of Iron-pillar with face
>5/10

>Gen 5
-Initial form: Snivy is pretty cute, and Tepig... I can give him an OK. But Oshawott?! GIVE ME A FUCKING RATTATA.
-Final form: WOAH!! When evolving means lose limbs?! And that Ganon's ripoff can go to Sony Super Star Battle Royal. At least, Oshawott now is not very ugly. THANKS FOR NOTHING!!
>3/10

>Gen 6
-Initial form: Now we are talking! Thanks to bring us good designs again! Not hard to choose only one, but great options
-Final form: Near perfection. Pretty fucking amazing. I don't like how Braixen went to Delphlox, but it's pretty good. Nailed all of them, Game Freaks.
>9/10

>Gen 7
-Initial form: I'm proud of you, GF. Another great trio. Yeah, Popilio is not cool, but... If you choose a circus topic, is IMPOSSIBLE to make something cool and cute.
-Final form: Fucking perfect. Any complains about "the siren is female", are retarded as fuck. Another amazing job, GF.
9/10
>>
>>29351754
>Samurott is bad
>Lucha is good
>>
>>29350023
Why do people put this much effort in to expressing their opinion? I could respond with "no", and it holds the same value for shit like this.
>>
File: MotherfucKING.png (259KB, 444x486px) Image search: [Google]
MotherfucKING.png
259KB, 444x486px
>>29351783
Yes.
>>
>>29351868
>This shit design could be referencing something else I like it's perfect now
>>
>>29351837
Because it's fun and I can easily repost my opinion whenever I want without having to type it out.

And I would like to think that a thought out analysis holds a little more value than "no", but that's just my optimism speaking I guess.
>>
>>29351880
Hey, it worked with Probopass.
>>
>>29351837
>people think saying something is a really solid design means its factually good starter design

people are delusional, all of gen 4 mons are trash and dont look like starters, same with serperior but its pretty so people give it a pass
>>
>>29351880
Now you can start to understand how opinions can work.
>>
>>29351887
If it's fun for you, fair enough, but it's a meaningless analysis. Your reasons for liking them doesn't make them good, your reasons for disliking them doesn't make them bad. I can disagree with it entirely, I don't have to explain why, and neither of us are right or wrong. There's nothing objective about it.
>>29351901
No
>>
>>29350023
4 (Nostalgia) > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 7
>>
>>29350023
>those random ratings
>I gen < II gen

Kys op
>>
ok here's mine
4 >= 2 > 6 > 1 =3 > 5 = 7
>>
>Gen 1
Venasaur=great
Charizard = good
Blastoise = great

>Gen 2
Meganium = meh
Typlhosion= good
Ferligatr=good

>Gen 3
Sceptile=great
Blazekein=good
Swampert=good

>Gen 4
Torrtera=ok
Infernape=good
Empleon=good

>Gen 5
Serperior=ok
Emboar=bad
Samuroutt=ok

>Gen 6
All meh

>Gen 7
Robinhoot=meh
Luchalitten=Bad
Poppmaid=bad
>>
File: 1470211586805.png (550KB, 1410x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1470211586805.png
550KB, 1410x1120px
Gen 1: Charizard- Top Tier
Blastoise- Mid-Top Tier
Venasaur- Low Tier

Gen 2: Typhlosion- Top Tier
Feraligatr- Top Tier
Meganium- Low Tier

Gen 3: Blazekein- Top Tier
Sceptile- Top Tier
Swampart- Mid-Top Tier

Gen 4: Infernape-Top Tier
Torterra- Top Tier
Empoleon- Mid Tier

Gen 5: Serperior- Top Tier
Emboar- Mid-Low Tier
Samurott- Top Tier

Gen 6: Greninja- Top Tier
Delphox: Mid-Top Tier
Chesnaught: Mid-Top Tier

Gen 7: Archer- Mid-Top Tier
Based Heel Tiger Wrestler- Top-Tier
Trap Mermaid- Top Tier
>>
I like all of the starters to some extent except for Delphox and Poppmaid.

There was no excuse.
>>
>>29350023
>Gen 1
Venusaur: 4/10
Charizard: 5/10
Blastoise: 9/10

>Gen 2
Meganium: 3/10
Typhlosion: 8/10
Feraligatr: 8/10

>Gen 3
Sceptile: 4/10
Blaziken: 2/10
Swampert: 10/10

>Gen 4
Torterra: 10/10
Infernape: 4/10
Empoleon: 5/10

>Gen 5
Serperior: 7/10
Emboar: 6/10
Samurott: 6/10

>Gen 6
Chesnaught: 10/10
Delphox: 5/10
Greninja: 5/10

>Gen 7
Arrowl: 3/10
Luchalitten: 6/10
Popmaid: 5/10
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.