[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was a more challenging Hoenn Champion: Wallace or Stevens?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Champions.png (169KB, 500x500px)
Champions.png
169KB, 500x500px
Which was a more challenging Hoenn Champion: Wallace or Stevens?
>>
>>29347944
I really wish we had a Double Battle super boss with Steven and Wallace with a 6 v 12.
>>
File: 1464320470584.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1464320470584.png
139KB, 400x400px
>>29347944
Lewd.
>>
File: Carlos.jpg (86KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos.jpg
86KB, 400x400px
I guess you can say Steven was harder then "stone".
>>
>>29348108

If you win you become the Champ, if you lose you have to spend a night with them
>>
>>29348130
Get out.
>>
>>29348147
I will never be Champ this way
>>
Steven
>>
>>29348130
WATER you talking about? Wallace was STRAIT up more difficult than Steven's stones
>>
>>29348214
Forgot to put this, checkmate anon
>>
Well, Steven can be fairly easily taken care of with a strong Fire or Ground type (both of which you get at the beginning of the game). The only curveballs for Fire types is Claydol (so pack like a Water type) and for Ground types Skarmory (so pack an Electric or Fire type) and Claydol again (which if you're using Swampert, you have the option of Water).

Wallace, in theory, is harder to counter because you need more types. Electric handles everything except Whiscash and Ludicolo. Whiscash is only taken care of by Grass, and Ludicolo requires something like a strong Flying type (or Poison or Bug, but those might be hard to come by) to take care of. So it requires a bit more team planning.

Steven has a pseudo on his side, but his team isn't particular devastating. Neither is Wallace. I'd say Steven is probably a bit more difficult.

Interestingly, Wallace's team would have a very good shot of beating Steven. The only Pokemon he can't cover is Skarmory.
>>
I beat Wallace (and the whole game) with only one unevolved Torchic some years ago, fun run
>>
steven. Wallace had almost nothing to deal with shedinja, and if toxic mechanics worked like they did in later gens, my shedinja would have straight swept
>>
>>29348329

Swampert destroys Skarmory in RSE though, it has pretty respectable special damage output and just Surfs it into submission.

The real stopper for Swampert is Cradily, who tanks a hit and Giga Drains in return.
>>
>>29348785
This, you can sweep Steven by Surfing everything but Cradily (who gets obliterated by Medicham or Hariyama and doesn't do much in return).

Wallace is much harder because his mons don't have really crippling weaknesses in comparison, and bulky waters are fucking annoying to take down.
>>
>>29347944
Wallace's Milotic is pretty tough if you don't have a strong electric or grass type.
>>
>>29348147
win win
>>
>>29348130
>then
>>
>homosexuality
>okay

i really wish this meme would be accepted by the frustrating dickheads of the world, literally who cares who people you don't know want to fuck
>>
I'd say Steven due to the fact that mega meta exists while Wallace has no mega. I may be a bit bias though because I was impressed that they actually have his skarmory setup and have him sometimes switch to claydol for a screen if he predicts a second ground attack hitting aggron. Wallace was good to, but battling his champion team in the delta episode didn't seem as hard. Maybe it was the level, but I was still rather below him due to switching out my team.
>>
Steven, his Metagross was a pain without fire type
>>
>>29347944
Stupid sexy image
>>
>>29347944
Hmm. The only starter I like from gen 3 is sceptile, so Wallace was never a problem for me. Usually by that point I have a psychic type to take care of Tentacruel and a flying or poison type to take care of Ludicolo, so...

I never really had much trouble against Steven either (you simply can't play through hoenn and don't have a pokemon that knows surf).

I like Steven better as a champion, but I think Wallace is tougher to face.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.