[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a Flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 4

File: hgss.jpg (55KB, 455x309px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.jpg
55KB, 455x309px
Find a Flaw.
>>
>>29344797
There isn't.
>>
>>29344797
You can't catch Mewtwo.
>>
>>29344797
Second worst Pokémon designs after Gen 5
Worst soundtrack
worst region
>>
>>29344797
Too asian
>>
>>29344829
gen 2 and 5 have the best pokemon designs, gen 2 has the best soundtrack, johto is the best region, etc
>>
>>29344856
Gen 2 had the worst Pokémon designs, the worst soundtrack, johto is the worst emptiest and deadest region, etc
>>
>>29344797
The only actual issues I have with these two games is that Johto as a whole is pretty vanilla, and the gen 4 curse of taking forever for anything to actually happen.
>>
>>29344883
Gen 2 isn't Kalos anon.
>>
They have no Heart and Soul.
>>
>>29344935
You're right, it's worse
>>
>>29344797
>Level curve
>bad pokémon distribution
>the safari zone mechanic
>gen 4 engine

That's all I remember.
>>
>>29344953
>Anything being worse than Kalos
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>29344977
>anything being worse than Johto
get your cuck ass off 4chan
>>
>>29345000
>only knows how to spout buzzwords
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>29345042
>spouting meme phrase to complain about "buzzwords"
Yeah, so get off here dumbass.
>>
>>29344797
Everyone was too busy jerking off about meaningless gimmicks like following pokemon, apricorn balls and the pokewalker to notice that they didn't actually improve anything.
Next time GF drops a game as shitty as D/P you'll see all of these again.
>>
>>29344977
>>29345000
Hoenn is the worst, now fuck off.
>>
I can't. It's literally perfect.
The perfect video game.
>>
>>29344817
Yes you can lol
>>
>>29345000
Trips confirm
>>
>>29345052
>go away meanie!
You need to work on those insults, child.
>>
>>29345089
>I'm autistic
Wow, aren't you special, anon?
>>
>>29344797
They introduced us to the amazement of following Pokemon, and spoiled all Pokemon fans.
>>
Nit expanding more on the known. still caught them all. I hope the dp sequels do more with them.
>>
>>29344797
Didn't have megas.
>>
>>29345088
GETs mean nothing if you don't call them, like your pointless dubs.
>>
>>29345105
>now it's just a generic insult
Try again.
>>
>>29345188
Still buttmad your argument was perfectly countered with your own logic?
>>
>>29345137
Unown I mean.
>>
>>29345204
>he thinks shitposting is an argument
You cute little thing.
>>
>>29344814
They are remakes of the worst games, they didn't change the flaws in the originals and that bring downs the games to just barely functional visual fluff.

HGSS is the call of duty of Pokémon.
>>
>>29345230
>is finally starting to get it and turns it around

Nice one! :^)
>>
>>29345257
what did he mean by this?
>>
Bad level distribution and really slow battles. Pretty much perfect otherwise.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOMVTPKjFBk
>>
>>29344797
for remakes awful level curve that is boring to grind for replays
>>
>>29345557
Maybe if you're a little BITCH.
>>
>>29344797
>relatively short storyline
>boring region outside of a couple of towns
>awful pokemon distribution and levels
>kanto is nothing but gym after gym

8.5/10, good games but the circlejerking about how perfect they are is retarded. They're as flawed as any other game.
>>
>>29344977
>Anything being worse than Kalos

He's right, Unova (at least as a region) is worse
>>
No Sevii Islands
>>
>>29344797
garbage level curve due to it being so non-linear
>>
>>29344797
>repeat, timer, dive, and luxury balls are near unobtanium

>you have to wait over 3 months to catch a damn bagon or gible in the safari zone

everything else was perfect desu
>>
>>29344797
>terrible level curve still not fixed from GSC
>no good johtomons available until late/postgame, cool ones are locked behind trades with gimmick items/methods
that said, once you get to kanto, the game is fantastic. love the gym rematches, although even getting them is far too tedious.
>>
File: IMG_0804.png (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0804.png
27KB, 512x384px
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29344797
less FPS than the original
>>
>>29344935
Kalos is literaly the most beauty region, it only exist to be pretty. And short
>>
>>29344814
This is true.
>>
File: internet90s.jpg (144KB, 800x532px)
internet90s.jpg
144KB, 800x532px
You can't get the GB player at the very beginning of the game.

Seriously.
>>
Terrible level scaling and all the cool johto pokemon are unavailable until Kanto. Dex is sparse and feels terrible early.

Easily fixed by a few rom hacks though and still an amazing game otherwise.
>>
>>29344797
Whitney, a Normal type gym leader, had Clefairy as a Pokémon even though it's pure fairy.
>>
>>29344814
/thread
>>
>>29344797
They completely changed the rival's dialogue from GSC. Originally he was an angry edgelord who wanted to take down Team Rocket himself and the player kept getting in the way and beating him. I'm not saying this was the most interesting personality ever but I'm still kind of pissed off they made him kind of a pussy in HGSS. "Oh nooooo you saw my name... stoppppppp." I much preferred FRLG in terms of how the handled this sort of thing. Most of the dialogue was unchanged from RBY.

The original GSC had the problem where once you got to Kanto, all the wild Pokemon were all low level. HGSS didn't fix this at all.

It gave birth to the Youngster Joey/Rattata meme. It's obvious GF was trying to force this too since Joey is the only one who talks like that. The meme was funny at first but now it's so ridiculously overused and unfunny now. It's been 7 years. Can it die yet? Just a little?

In GSC a common complaint was that while it was fun to revisit Kanto, the region just felt so incredibly empty and lifeless. It's a shame GF didn't do more with it in HGSS.

GSC had horrible level scaling and it wasn't fixed in HGSS. Once you defeat Morty and get surf, you can do the next three gyms in any order you want. This means that by the time you get that third badge, you're overlevelled as fuck. They should have adjusted the gym roster levels and possibly movesets depending on the order you fight them. In GSC they had a good excuse since it was they might not have had any idea how to program that short of thing. HGSS had no excuse.

I still think HGSS is great. Just tons of wasted potential and GF not listening to fans. Pokemon following you around is nice and all but catching/battling Pokemon should be their top priority.
>>
>>29344797
Gen 2 has overall the worst mons.
>>
>>29345257
thats a spicy meme my friend
>>
Rival never evolve his Sneasel and Magneton, use the exact same team as original.
Murkrow and Sneasel, despite having new evolution and gain much from new physical/special system, still only be found at post-league.
Team Rocket still weak as fuck even when they now have admin and what not.
Exclusive event shits.
>>
>>29344797
emulation is kinda choppy.
I guess it works but B/W 1 and 2 run smoother.
>>
>>29344970
>the safari zone mechanic

that's not that bad. it would be weird if the zone was full of Gen 3 mons right from the start, don't you think?

you can still migrate from Emerald which is easier.
>>
>>29347191
Only flaw
>>
>>29347191
>not using savestates in that bullshit game

also, if you want a Dratini, go to the damn Dragon Cave and surf on that lake inside.

there isn't a single mon you can't get in other ways. you don't need to play bullshit game corner shit.
>>
>>29344829
>Worst soundtrack

such bullshit. go to the National Park and tell me that shit ain't a beautiful soundtrack.

that stuff was Lilycove City levels of awesome.
>>
Johto doesn't deserve hate. It was Gen 2 when there wasn't a back bone in Pokémon yet and I think the designs are best and simple.
>>
>>29344797
i'd say its biggest flaw is the fact that it means we won't get a gold and silver remake with a better engine.
>>
>>29350768

waiting 100 real life days for a Gible is stupid and no amount of spinning can change it.

You can't even cheese it, you have to wait it out.
>>
>>29344797
Shitty versions of what was a decent soundtrack. Also, a lot of the sprites were bad.
>>
>>29344953
Kalos has to be the worst region in all respects. It even managed to be worst than Unova.
>>
>>29345070
Hoenn is better than at least three other regions. Unova and Kalos are worst.
>>
>>29349792
(You)
>>
Gen 2 is the only gen to have two regions.

It will always be the king of Pokemon games until Gamefreak stops being incompetent and includes the previous gen's region as a post game surprise in every new Gen.
>>
>>29351466
gosh, I wish Gen 3 had a separate post-game region to explore. Hoenn gets old quickly.
>>
>>29350782
I don't play Pokémon on a fucking emulator like you fucking modern day "gamers". pc was never meant to be considered or should have ever been considered a fucking game console. I play Pokémon legitimately like a normal person or any game for that matter. the main problem is with a pc is that I ain't got that shit nor do I got the money for that shit. A gaming pc literally costs about twice as much as a regular console. I really hate what fucking modern day "gaming" as well as modern day society is coming to. Pokémon is supposed to be played on two screens not one.
>>
>>29344797
Best:

>Johto/Kanto felt alive even after beating Red, lots of weekly events to keep you hooked
>Lots of things to do after the E4
>Walking Pokemon
>Immersive/non-linear story
>Great soundtrack and beautiful routes (that route behind Cianwood, Route 27, all of the routes around Mahogany)

Worst:

>Bad levelling curve
>Kanto is a bit disappointing
>Very easy gym leaders and E4 sans Whitney and perhaps Morty
>Felt very cluttered, unlike simpler games like BW
>>
>>29344797
Gen 4 engine
>>
The level curve, for one.
>>
My favourite pokemon games but the level curve is annoying, the new music was lacking and they didn't fix the distribution of pokemon like houndour etc
>>
File: image.png (15KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15KB, 256x192px
I may just be stupid but I could never fully figure out how the stats worked with the Pokeathalon
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.