[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse me but what the fuck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-10-21-19-18-22.png (148KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-21-19-18-22.png
148KB, 960x540px
Excuse me but what the fuck?
>>
I play bySmogon rules but yeah, this one is retarded.
>>
>>29343966
You are limited to 1 of Baton Pass by Baton Pass Clause.
>>
>>29343966
why do you even go to smogon? do you not have a 3DS?
>>
Smogon usual bullshit rules.

Nothing new here.
>>
>>29343966

Thanks to scolipede, the top team of the entire ladder was baton pass, and it started to become too dominant.

I don't mind ending baton pass teams though, as they are all pieces of shit that rage quit as soon as you break their chain
>>
It says it like 18 times can't you read?
>>
>>29343966
Some butthurt manchildren at smogon felt they hadn't put enough clauses into their system so they took away a legitimate strategy that doesn't involve "press button to win" like some megas
>>
>>29344093
Did you teach each of your pokemon Baton Pass 3 times?
>>
>>29344065
>>29344103
Wasn't the story behind this some admin getting repeatedly rekt by the same Scolipede team?
>>
>>29343966
>Limited to one baton pass
>Use two in far intervals of each other
>Never get called out for it
How devious am I /vp/?
>>
>>29344058
>>29344013
>>29344056
You guys don't understand bp in all its glory. It was almost unstoppable.
>lol dragontale/roar
Mr. Mime
>Whirlwind
Espeon

And so much more. God damn so hard to break.
>>
Back in my day, if there was a strategy that our teams were ill equipped to handle, we'd work something in to handle it. Baton Pass a problem? Learn to predict them and take the free turn of attacking. Or grab something with Simple. Or Roar, Whirlwind, or Haze.

Or wait to mommy to ban it because you can't think for your goddamn self.
>>
>>29344141
kek
Wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>29344141

Only admin rage I remember is Somalia with his "FUCK ENERGY BALL JELLICENT" madness
>>
>>29344065
>>29344103
I agree, full Baton pass teams were cancer but banning it kills other strategies like passing focus energy. Or that was my plan.
The ban should be about passing attack or special attack or passing more than 1 stat boost.
>>
File: 301.png (6KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
301.png
6KB, 256x256px
>>29344178
>Or Roar, Whirlwind, or Haze
Yeah, just use those. They'll totally work.
>>
>>29344178

>simple
>haze

Forcing someone to grab some kind of niche counter is the definition of centralizing. You only get 6 pokemon and 24 moves, you can't dedicate counters for everything and still have a viable team.

Now the phazing moves are fair, but usually they would have a taunter and be faster because of scolipede. Like I said, it's scolipede's fault this happened and sylveon put it over the edge. It had speed boost, so it could outspeed your phazing, it had iron defense so it could get bulky enough to withstand your attack, and it could easily pass to whatever thing you bring out to deal with scolipede, and probably kill you with a speedy stored power
>>
>>29344331
I think it was faries that put it over the edge.
>>
>>29344166
What about taunt?
>>
>>29344365
Espeon.
>>
>>29344315
Haze goes through Magic Bounce you -300 elo retard.
>>
>>29344387
>mega gyarados used taunt
>memefoxycat fell for the bait
>>
>>29344418
>espeon used dazzling gleam
>>
>>29344413
>Haze goes through Magic Bounce you -300 elo retard.

Not him, but you must be the -300 retard if you are defending haze.

Gamfreak making phazing moves bounced back was retarded
>>
>>29344470
>Not using Haze
Enjoy being sub 1800.
>>
>>29344511

Oh yeah, the top of the ladder sure are scared of your weezing with a wasted moveslot
>>
>>29344141
Sure.
It wasn't like the guy who made the most copy pasted bp team and got to the top of the ladder that proposed this ban or anything. Stay well informed.
>>
>>29344544
Are you seriously implying Haze is a shit move. How retard can you be?
>>
>>29344568
1 good Pokemon gets it, and it's still outclassed otherwise.
>>
>>29344544
The amount of assanger from high elo players I've gotten after trying to boost on my support mega Altaria just to get Hazed already shows it works. Hell it's not even the best Hazer out there, Quagsire does it better.
Make sure you enjoy that set up sweeper cock once they are the last pokemon your opponent has left and you cannot whirlwind them out, faggot.
>>
>>29344141
That's literally the reason anything gets banned there. They don't care unless it's one of their own getting rekd
>>
>>29343966
You gotta remember the golden smogon rule
>Does it punish me for trying to stall
>Yes
congratulations, ya banned yourself.
>>
What's with Smogon's infatuation with stall teams?

Yeah there have been some exceptions, but for the most part they ban wallbreaking shit and don't allow for complex bans.

I know sometimes a meta based around offensive gets boring but it's a lot more fun than sitting for 1000 turns waiting for sneaky pebbles and Britney Spears' song to kill the opposing team.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.