[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you do it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1476733516586.png (10KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1476733516586.png
10KB, 557x605px
If you guys were in charge of Pokémon or making a Pokémon-like game, what would you do?

For me:
>every gen is mostly new monsters, old gen pokemon coming back usually come back with a cross gen evo or fit the region well (bringing back an old flowermon for Holland)
>difficult settings
>option to have pokemon walk with you or not
>you don't see the professor once and then fuck off the rest of the game, there will be incentives to regularly visit the professor
>strength of trainers partially depends on trainer class? Ace trainers stronger than juniors and so on. Stronger classes will have almost to full teams too.
>Trainers in gyms are stronger
>The Pokedex is not distinct between the games, you get more pokedex entries based off of either physical characteristics or behavior. More entries are filled in through catching pokemon with the characteristic (ex. A mon can be either red or blue but you don't know that until you've caught both the red and blue versions) or the entries get filled in through observing (your pokedex takes note of a zizagoon rubbing it's bristles on a tree)
>based on the above you will be able to see wild pokemon living in the world outside the grass sometimes
maybe you could sneak up on them to catch them and if they see you the dash back into the grass
>>
>>29343547
>strength of trainers partially depends on trainer class?
Isn't that how it already is? Veterans definitely have better teams than Youngsters.
>>
>>29343568
Well, if strength was relative to you. Like junior is the same or lower, but ace must be x levels above you.

It's more that the aces have mons from later in the game, which end to be stronger.

Also
>both strong and weak monsters across the map, not all the shit ones at the start and all the strong ones late. I hate that in rpgs, it feels unnatural that the world happens to be so perfectly linear in usefulness and relative strength.
> I'd probably have the 6 pokemon for each stat along a route or two but that's my autism
>>
>>29343547
No plot. The whole game is just random adventures in the region.
>>
File: sam's ball.png (86KB, 318x180px) Image search: [Google]
sam's ball.png
86KB, 318x180px
I'd make a game exploring the history of the Pokeball, including the first balls created, the apricorn balls, the beginnings of mass production, and the connection between Pokemon eggs and Pokeballs.
>>
>>29344226
I'd love a world filled with history in general
>>
>>29343943
What if it was like skyrim in that there's a main plot, but it can be almost 100% ignored in favor of doing/discovering other things?
>>
>>29343547
Make a Pokemon Amie based game
you get to fuck pokemon
>>
Introduce only about 50 new Pokemon per generation.

Tons of regional variants for existing Pokemon. Versions of Crustle carry a different material on their back which gives them a different secondary typing. Aesthetic variants of Pokemon like Seaking and Butterfree. A secret island full of pink versions of regular Pokemon like in the anime.

Scrap the concept of Mega evolutions.

Re-adjust the base stats of certain Pokemon to make them at least somewhat competitively viable. Revise the movesets of most Pokemon.

Give new evolutions to at least thirty old Pokemon including Corsola, Jynx, Farfetch'd, and Dunsparce.

Make Alomomola the official evolution of Luvdisc. Make Eevee evolve into Glaceon with an Ice Stone. Magneton and Nosepass evolve into Magnezone and Probopass with a Magnetic Stone. Bullshit evolution methods (turning the DS upside down, for example) are scrapped.

Get rid of IVs. Create an EV training system that makes the whole process clear and simple for everyone.

Make it so that walking around with your system in Sleep mode counts as "steps" for hatching eggs. Create an Incubator item that hatches an eggs even if you don't move.

You can visit at least one more region in each game other than the main one. In that region you get to revisit and re-match characters and see how things have grown and changed.

Expand on Diving and Soaring; fill the world with nooks and crannies for exploration.

Make all legendaries obtainable without special events or gift transfers.

Re-balance the type effectiveness chart. Introduce two new types: Beast and Void. Beast is for feral Pokemon like Arcanine (Beast/Fire), Ursaring (Normal/Beast), and Beartic (Ice/Beast). Void is for Ultra Beasts and artificial Pokemon.
>>
>>29344434
Dating sim + pokephilia accepting society + translators for pokemon and human = happy me

Plus some lewd scenes you control
>>
Open-world structure. You can tackle the gyms in any order you like, and their teams change depending on your team's average level. The story is not overarching and mostly told through sidequests and passive storytelling methods. There is an evil team, but engaging them is largely optional.

There is a "platonic dating sim" element where you can establish and strengthen relationships with characters by going on adventures and having double battles with them.

Seamless transitions from exploration to battle. The camera pans downwards as you throw out your Pokemon. Minimal HUD, all relevant information is shown on the bottom screen.

Expand the whole "pet-raising sim" aspect of Pokemon Amie, but make it largely optional. The game lets you manage some kind of Pokemon ranch, decorate it, invest in it, create lots of features and attractions, and have your Pokemon live in it. Their interactions and daily routines are determined by how you treat them. However this will not be required to raise strong Pokemon and is just for people not so interested in battling.
>>
>>29344461
I'm cool with all of this except the two new typings
I think Normal is too close to Beast, they both include "regular animal pokemon"
Void seems odd. I'd rather get rid of ultra beasts and the like.

To add something - comfy animations like if you're sitting on a couch in a pokecenter, and you don't move your character or click any buttons, your character falls asleep on the couch. Lots of little things like that.
>>
>>29344538
Due to the sheer number of Pokémon I absolutely love but only being able to have 6 on my team I rationalize boxing them by saying my character who is rich off being champion obviously have a nice little place for all his mons.

Ranch would be great for that.
Maybe not a ranch but a pokemon lab that doubles as a nature preserve/conservatory
or maybe the pokemon league/post-game contains a special area for pokemon you choose
>>
>>29343547
This is gonna sound like I just want ORAS 2 at first but it's a long post so bare with me.

Soaring and Mirage Spots returns. They are an interesting and unobtrusive way of exploring the region as a whole, capturing Legendaries, and increasing the overall variety of Pokemon you can catch without overfilling routes with too many different Pokemon. It also encourages players to come back to the game to explore these random spots. I would add a shit ton more Mirage Spots, increase the amount of daily spots, and slightly increase the amount and variety of Pokemon you could catch in them.

DexNav returns. Having an ingame list of the Pokemon available on a route is an extremely underrated feature that really captures the whole premise of "catching them all". I have several normie friends that bought ORAS because of Pokemon Go and they would constantly try to capture all the Pokemon on a route thanks to the DexNav. It lets non-autists keep track of what Pokemon they can catch, plus the added benefits of shiny hunting, IV increases, hidden abilities, and egg moves means that dedicated players do not have to rely solely on the bike simulator to get the kinds of Pokemon they want.

Secret Bases return. Like soaring, Secret Bases encourage heavy exploration and backtracking through the region. In a lot of other Pokemon games I almost never return to certain routes or areas, solely because I have no reason to. With Secret Bases, players are given incentive to return to these areas. Plus, the customization aspects of having a Secret Base can really keep the game fresh for people; a huge amount of people love the idea of customizing and personalizing your own little space. There'd be a huge amount of secret bases spots, and a ton more customization options than in ORAS.
>>
>>29344767
Agree but especially agree on dexnav. It was the only game where on my first play through I tried to catch them all. Having that little crown on the screen is a visual representation of your accomplishment and is a surprisingly strong motivator.
>>
>>29344461
I think there should be areas in the game that have the same effect as the evolutionary stones. For example the mossy rock and the icy rock should be natural protrusions of the same materials that make up leaf and ice stones, and aught to evolve beyond just Eevee. Balance would need to be tinkered so neither would be invalidated.
>>
>>29344767
I would also add a post-game area called the Challenger Islands, which is a combination of many of the previous post-game facilities before it. It would consist of several smallish islands connected to a larger main island that each contain their own specific area, all interconnected through walkways. The main, largest island in the center would be the Battle Island. It would consist of a combination of various different post-game battle facilities: a Battle Maison/Tower for regular battling, several Battle Frontier-esque facilities for different or unique ways of battling, an area for the new Battle Royale thing from SM, and maybe even a Contest Hall. This island would have a very amusement park feel to it, similar to the other Battle Frontiers.

To the left would be Friend Island. This island, in direct contrast to the Battle Island, would feel more rustic and almost shrine-like. It would contain an infinite Bike Path similar to ORAS' Battle Resort, a Day Care Couple, and IV Checker, a Hyper Training kiosk, a reworked Friend Safari, and an NPC called the Pokemon Behavior Coach. This NPC could change a Pokemon's Nature to whatever you wanted, in exchange for an item that would be equal in rarity/value to an Ability Capsule. The Friend Safari would basically remain the same in terms of mechanics, but there would be 4 slots instead of 3, and the selection of Pokemon would be improved overall. Additionally, the actual Pokemon-catching area would change appearance depending on the Friend Safari's Type (i.e. a grassy field for Grass, an area surrounded by rivers for Water, a graveyard for Ghost). This change is purely cosmetic and won't change the actual size or shape of the tall grass. It would sit at the center of the island in a shrine-like area, where the lady in charge would say the shrine has a strange power in order to hand-waive why the tall grass area can change appearance so drastically.
>>
>>29345364
To the right would be Resort Island. This island would be the smallest of the 3, and contain areas like a Villa, where NPCs could visit you can maybe give you stuff, and a not-shitty Battle Chateau. This new Battle Chateau would have less lower-leveled teams considering the fact that it's a post-game area. It would also be where you could rematch with the Gym Leaders/Elite Four/other important Trainers of the region. They'd have teams of at least 5, while unimportant non-specific NPC's would have teams of at most 4, minimum 3. This would be the place to earn mad dosh.

Finally(?), the most northern Island would be the Legend's Island. This is where you'd compete in the PWT.

To expand on what I'd improve for Secret Bases, I would greatly increase the amount of items you can decorate with, at least to 40. It would also contain a lot more Animal-Crossing tier items to decorate with, but definitely not as much as Animal Crossing itself.

Finally, I would also give the player the option to travel with someone, similar to those special areas in Platinum. You could select one of your friends from your Secret Base and designate him/her as your "best friend". Your best friend would be able to walk alongside you throughout the region, and every battle you enter (wild or Trainer) would turn into a double battle. Your best friend would use the team he had in his Battle Box when he last connected to your game (also this is how all teams for Secret Bases are decided). Most NPC trainers won't be able to rematch you, but there would be a decent amount of trainers/trainer couples that you could get into double battles with. Your best friend would occasionally find items and the amount of money you earn from battles is doubled. It'd basically be the human equivalent of Following Pokemon from HGSS.
>>
>>29343547
>difficulty settings that flat increase Pokemon levels
>different trainer types have different AI levels and Pokemon scaling
>you can choose to take on the Pokemon League, fight the villains, or complete the pokedex as a way to progress
>Pokemon have more similar BSTs, but EVs affect stat gains more
>NPCs Pokemon have EV/IVs depending on context (wild Pokemon have 0 EVs, youngsters have shit IVs, 100 EVs, ace trainers have 20-25s in IVs, max EVs, Legendary Pokemon have max IVs/EVs)
>>
>>29343547
>>29345529
>Difficulty settings

Pretty much this, really.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.