[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon: Black and Pokemon: White

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Legendary.Pokémon.full.2020005.jpg (1MB, 1074x710px) Image search: [Google]
Legendary.Pokémon.full.2020005.jpg
1MB, 1074x710px
I'm not going to bombard you with some low quality bait that suggests, "These two are objectively the best Pokemon games," even if I do very much enjoy them.

But I do think they're better than anything in Generation 6. I don't like to over use certain terms because then they become buzzwords, but I find the constant Generation 1 pandering as of recent to be indicative of franchise regression rather than evolution. And I feel like it's only going to get potentially worse from here if it's allowed to continue.

I've noticed only the Pokemon that didn't get Mega Evolutions from the Generation 1 'dex are getting Alola forms, and that makes it somewhat understandable, but I really hope this stops and soon too.

Generation 5 was a beautiful display of what can happen when you take a bold step into a new direction. It doesn't feel like it's been repeated since. You could always say, "Anything coming after something that good wasn't going to be able to follow up," but it honestly doesn't even feel like the developers have tried.

I'm of the opinion that Generation 6 as a whole felt less intuitive than Generation 4.
>>
>>29343445
I honestly don't understand why people like Gen V. I've seen people praise it's story line but honestly Pokémon PETA was sort of a lack luster villain team. And I never did understand where they're getting this knight/castle theme.

America doesn't have castles.
>>
>>29343635
It has White Castle...
>>
>>29343635
Not everything in the game has to perfectly match the region it's based off of, anon.
>>
>>29343445
Wasn't Generation 5 the worst selling of the series?
>>
>>29343812
But it still doesn't make complete sense; I feel like if they had switched the teams around for 5 and 6 it would have fit a little bit better.... Or go for a native American type team instead.
>>
>>29344205
Depends. Nothing going to outsell gen 1.
>>
>>29344205
Yes. Yes it was.
>>
>>29343445
I agree OP. I fell in love with BW/BW2. The story was strong, the characters were memorable, the region, although linear, was large and felt very diversive at the same time. The music was pretty decent, too.

Gen 6 on the other hand felt shallow and tiny. Here's hoping Black and White eventually get good remakes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.