[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be honest. I prefer Alola's Pokedex to Kalos'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 9

File: Pokemon Numbers.png (384KB, 860x1334px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Numbers.png
384KB, 860x1334px
I'll be honest. I prefer Alola's Pokedex to Kalos'
>>
>>29343026
>Kalos has 157 more Pokémon than Unova 2
>most of them are shitmons
>>
I was expecting Alola to have about 400, minus 3 for oricorio's forms, +whatever legendaries/mythicals they tack on
I figure 300~400 with 50~100 new Pokemon/regional-variants will be a sweet spot for both variety and new options. It also means they can have 100+ Pokemon per island, with certain Pokemon available on multiple islands which makes more sense than Kalos' zones being right next to each other but with very little population overlap.
>>
>>29343026
>Only 70 new Pokemon in a row
Man, I understand Gen 6 with the transition to 3D, but they couldn't have drawn 30 more new Pokemon for that perfect 100? Heck some of that could go to already revealed Pokes for evos/prevos.
>>
>>29343377
I was actually hoping for ~300 so I got my wish. I just couldnt see a place that small having so much mons
>>
>>29343383
Alola forms were made to cop out of making new pokemon, basically.

I don't mind the short pokedex in Alola since it lets the smaller number of new mons to shine, however it's awful that Kanto gets 87 while other big gens like Hoenn and Unova barely break the 30's.
>>
>>29343377
island dexes got datamined

1: http://pastebin.com/DRd8c2mm
2: http://pastebin.com/a3waCTnC
3: http://pastebin.com/3e2WyFHw
4: http://pastebin.com/4SsZyEMt
>>
>>29343308
It's quantity over quality here on /vp/ :^)
>>
Why would you want access to less Pokemon.
>>
>>29343377
Its odd how some pokemon seem to appear on multiple islands. I dont mind, but it makes more sense for area specific mons than in the mess that is Kalos

>>29343308
What's insane is seeing Gen 1 get 111 mons in the Kalos Pokedex,then coming back with 87 in the Alola one. After already coming in its entirety in the Johto one
>>
>>29343498
because being bombarded with 40 mons you've seen before just to get to a new one isn't fun, anon
>>
>>29343026
I really wish we could have less Pokemon from Gen 1 and more from 2, 3, 4 and maybe 5 if we really have to.
I don't hate gen 1 but they kinda got old, and 6 was last gen. I just wish they would just let them "rest" for a gen or two.
>>
>>29343026
Good news is in gen 8 we should get 74 new pokemon
>>
>>29343498
Because going into a route with 15 pokemon in one or two patches of grass doesnt work for me. I dont want it to be tiny, but it doesnt have to be throwing shit at me just to seem cool like the Kalos dex was. 256 to 300 is the sweet spot for me
>>
>>29343538
At the very least, if they needed to put a huge gen I focus, they could have put it all on Island 1. 2 could have Gen 2. 3 could have 4 as its focus (since Hoenn games were the nost recent) or even do 1 and some 6 if they are planning gen 4 remakes this gen, and islsnd 4 could be mostly gen 5 mon focused

And of course give each isle a healthy dose of Gen 7

Would have also been a great way to celebrate the series as a whole
>>
>>29343530
Heighten the encounter rate of the new pokemon obviously. Make them take of 50% of the encounter rate and everything else takes up what's remaining. This gen already has 3/4ths of it's Pokemon not being Gen 7 mons.
>>
>>29343458
Does this mean i have to wait til 3/4 of the game to get mimikyu? Or can i choose which island i want to go to
>>
>>29343564
So you want less options. Makes no sense.
>>
>>29343515
Swimming/Flying critters could easily appear on multiple islands, as well as vermin (known for hitching rides on boats) or plant-life (seeds could be carried in a variety of ways between islands)
Granted, Pokemon plants lay eggs, but there's also irresponsible pet/plant owners who have released invasive species all over the world.
Part of the problem with Kalos is 10 Pokemon being unique to one route, and they cannot found even ten feet to the east. It's extreme in its variety. Being able to find the same Pokemon on multiple routes/islands alleviates this extreme.
>>
>>29343026
>More Gen 1 mon than new mon

This should not be happening new forms or not. especially now when you can pool about 40 from each gen and get a good regional dex leaving 50-70 spaces left for really good designed mon with strong concepts

and there are a lot of new mon that are not that well designed or have poor concepts
>>
>>29343026
I would've liked to see more Gen 5 representation in Alola, just to drive home the American-ness of the region.

And some more overtly tropical mons like Bellossom, Natu, Xatu and Tropius would've been nice. But at least they remembered Nosepass, Wailmer, Finneon, Tirtouga and both Gastrodons.

But overall I'm reasonably satisfied with the regional dex this time around. Kalos was way too bloated.
>>
>>29343745
Reminder that Gen 1 got more pokemon that the current Gen 3 times. That is way too much.

>>29343683
Maybe not to you, but I enjoyed the smaller dexes perfectly fine, and would rather something is smaller but spread out well rather than larger and every area is cramped.

Hell, a region like Unova could have totally handled 400 mons. But a region like Kalos? Nah.
>>
>>29343807
>at least they remembered Nosepass
Believe it or not, but it actually has been in every regional Dex since its incarnation, obviously not counting the FRLG, HGSS and BW1 dex.
>>
>>29343859
>>29343745
It was really only acceptable in Gen 2 considering it was pretty much a direct sequel.

But now, with Gen1 getting more mon than new mon, and being the only ones to get this new special form its pretty much bullshit. Game freak is going backwards not forward
>>
>>29343807
Actually, the amount of tropical mon they left out is pretty damn insane, and I do not get the logic at all. Especially Bellossom and Tropius.

>>29343982
Yeah, after Kanto got some of the most Megas in Gen 6, having them alone get the Regional Variants in the next Gen is ridiculous.
>>
>>29344080
I forever not be salty about how they went and Charizard 2 Megas, one of which got that got to debut in an anime short and featured as the MC's partner in a side series, and then give gen 5 one mega that's only useful in teams
>>
>>29344310
I'll never not be salty that they gave one Kanto starter two megas, then gave one kanto legendary two megas, while other Gens got absolutely shafted in the number they got.
>>
>>29343515
Gen 1 mons boost sales. Look at them being in gen 4.

Most old genwunners wont buy it if there's none or only a few.
>>
>>29344479
So market the gen 1 mons in the dex the most, dont make them the whole dex.
>>
>>29344623
People wil still cry. Even if you look at the list before gen 5 they was the most second used group to be in.

They want the lasped fans back.
>>
>>29343026

I generation = 151
II generation = 251

III generation = 386
IV Generation = 493
V generation = 649

VI generation = 721

VII generation = 794?
>>
>>29343458
This can't be right. We know Pinsir is #175 in the dex, but these have it as #102 on Island2 or #65 on Island 4.
>>
>>29344623
This it would have been fine if all the advertisement for Alolan forms featured only the Gen 1 mons getting them.

But not giving any other generation an alolan form? that is utter horse shit

Especially when genwunners are gonna play like half the game and say "All these new pokemon suck there's not enough gen 1 mon I miss Red and Blue"
>>
>>29344717
Wouldnt it be 795?
>>
>>29343923
>implying you can avoid the merchants
>>
How many pokemon do you think will be accessible in SM counting not only the Alolan dex? I'd guess about 550 in total across both versions.
>>
I hate to be that guy, but I think things like alternative forms (including things like gender or other alternative sprites), mega evolutions, etc should be counted in terms of the amount of work that goes into designing pokemon.
Obviously its not the same, but its still relevant.
Same thing goes for UB.
>>
>>29344736
There's 120 in dex 1, and starting at 47 (Lillipup) there's new mons in dex 2, as the previous 46 are from dex 1. Pinsir is the 55th new mon in the dex. This makes it the 175th pokemon dex wise.
>>
I'm going to leave 4chan,i'm getting stick of all the crybabies shitting in the game,can't you stop already?
Kalosperms,stop complaining about the regional pokedex,it's perfectly fine,not every game needs to have a gigantic regional dex,Alola is fine with 294.
>>
>>29344758

I don't know?

Maybe.
>>
>BW2 is the only game that doesn't have more old Kantomons than every other region

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>29344832
Ubs are part of the national dex that got data mined. So its 802 Pokemon.

If they stopped making forms, we would have 100 new pokemon and plus.
>>
>>29344894

Are UBs confirm as " Pokémon"?
>>
>>29344865
This.
I loved Kalos and it's regional pokedex,but not every region needs to have a big pokedex.
>>
>>29344832
OP here, I agree. It's just that using the Pokedex is the most concrete way to do this comparison without ending up with too many instances where we have to make arbitrary distinctions.

Plus it's not like only Gens 6 and 7 get messed up, remember 7 Gen 4 mons arent in the Sinnoh Dex, so they were left off.

>>29344865
This thread is a normal discussion with pretty much zero shitposting, if this is enough to make you leave then that's one less person who gets mad not everyone loves everything about the newer games

>>29344894
I'm gonna wait on clarification before trying to make sense of UBs
>>
>>29344919
>>29344919
They got their own dex order and their own balls. And shinys.

Might be non pokemon counted in the dex. Think of it as honory pokemon.
>>
There is such a thing as too much.
I think 100 new is about ideal.
The overall national pokedex should be around 250.
imo
>>
>>29344934
Don't try to agree with Kalosperms.
These kids aren't happy with anything.
>>
>>29344749
Genwunners don't even care about the specifics cos they're all normies. Like they know how many Kanto mons SM will have.
>>
>>29344955
I'm happy with Sun and Moon content and i love the demo,the characters,the story,the new pokemon,the music the atmosphere,the region...
But 70% of the post are shit posting of the game or negativity,it's just annoying.
>>
>>29344984
not enough for them that's for sure
>>
>>29345017
the threads of 4chan*
>>
>>29344749
It really is. The 20th anniversary should celebrate all the gens, and I'm not seeing that right now. I'll have to see if that comes fourth in the human characters and writing, but right now I'm a bit disappointed. I'll still most likely like this game, but i doubt it will be my new fav

>>29345017
Some people are unhappy. They have every right to be. A lot of it is stupid shitposting, but there is no sense in getting mad at the posts that arent.

>>29344967
250 is a tiny bit low as an average. It's a good minimum though.
>>
>>29345057
Not that anon,but having 250 regional pokedex has his pros: like all the trainers have a chance to use all the pokemon in the regional pokedex,the new pokemon would shine more,the region would feel more connected,i can understand the hate of smaller pokedexes,since some people doesn't care about those aspects.

Personally i like both big and smaller regional dexes,so i liked Kalos dex and i liked Sinnoh,Alola and BW1 dex,makes every dex have their own charm,so i guess i'm neutral about it.
>>
>>29344832
I agree that they should be counted in terms of work put into the game, but the problem is that Megas are mostly postgame only so the Dex doesn't really feel any bigger even if they put in roughly the same amount of work they would have in designing 20 new pokemon.
Alolan forms and UBs are much better in that regard.
>>
>>29344865
If you bothered to actually fucking read the thread you'd find out we were having a perfectly civil discussion before you came in here to shitpost.
Don't let this stop you from leaving 4chan tho, having one less underage little shit is always welcome.
>>
>>29344855
So there's an overall Alolan Pokedex as well as the island dexes? Plus a National dex.
>>
>>29345198
>Getting this butthurt because someone is telling that is tired of the trashing that this game gets
This anon,may be a bit fustrated at this,i think you'veen a bit too rude.
>>
>>29345017
>I love the demo
Eww. I mean, I'm pretty hype for Sun and Moon but I think the demo is kinda shit.
Mind explaining what you like about it? I'm really curious.
>>
>>29345205
Yes.

Each island has a dex, but there's an overall Alolan dex as well, last I heard. And of course, the National Dex abides.
>>
>>29345134
I did say I love Johto's 256 Pokedex. I dont think "around that" is right, because I'd be willing to go up to 300. But I'm perfectly fine with 250.

>>29345170
I'd be much more willing to count Variants before Megas, since Megas are comparable to say, Hail Castform.
>>
>>29345235
The music,the alola region and team skull.
Also,Ash cameo is good,i wish we get a spin-off we're we controll ash in his adventures.
>>
>>29343026
I figured more people would be talking about how Gen 4 didnt put all the Pokemon it introduced into a dex. Though I like the idea of Arceus not being in any regional dex.

>>29344788
Where would we even see those extra mons?

>>29344887
The Unova2 dex was fucking magnificent
>>
>>29345289
That's called Pokemon Yellow
>>
>>29345227
And I'm frustrated with people only reading the first post of a thread, jumping to conclusions and getting all pissy because they think someone is attacking their precious game.
>>
>>29345292
I think BW2 dex was mediocre but it's just me beign weird...Alola,Kalos,Hoenn and Sinnoh (Platinum) are pretty good for me at least.
>>
>>29345236
Having island dexes seems a little unnecessary when the overall Alola dex is at the number it is. I mean, with huge numbers like Kalos that seems necessary. What do you guys think?
>>
>>29345227
You didnt even read the thread to see that nobody was whining though

>>29345409
Gives you a clearer idea of what you can find on each island
>>
>>29344962

I'm gonna wait on clarification before trying to make sense of UBs
>>
In terms of using concrete details or the pokedex, then yeah I would say 78 new pokemon. But when you really think about it with the different forms and such (are we even considering Alolan forms new pokemon? They should be but then again thats just a form discussion) then I am really happy with the number of new pokemon we got. If we didnt have Alolan forms, as much pandering as they, then I would get the different complaints. I just dont see the point in complaining about no new ice or dark types when... we do have new ones? Its just that theyre under the same name as old pokes. It gets at my autism too but I think if we just stop looking at the number of new species then we'd be a lot more content
>>
>>29345409
Yeah,294 isn't that big of a number so it doesn't need separate dexes.
Kalos on the other hand it was necesary it would be a pain in the ass to navigate trough the pokedex,it has 457 entries.

GEN 8 depends if they go to the Alolan route (250-290) then no separate dexes if they go to the kalos route (500+) then yes,
>>
>>29345449
They're newly found pokemons. They going to gave to use types in game too. No new type was found in data mining search.
>>
>>29345460
The Regional Variants would have been welcomed more if they gave it to a wider pool of mons.

Also, some people honestly just dont see them as all that different. I personally expect all of them to have the same BST, with redistributed stats.

>>29345466
I'm still too iffy on that to jump the gun. Plus I doubt they will be in the regional dex if they are """""pokemon"""""
>>
File: HNI_0050.jpg (37KB, 670x496px)
HNI_0050.jpg
37KB, 670x496px
>>29345409
I agree that having individual island dexes wasn't necessary with such a small overall regional dex. However, I think they did it that way in order to make finding Pokemon on each island a bit easier, as well as to drive home the point that each island has a unique identity. For instance, each island is guarded by a Tapu mon.

SM's interpretation of Hawaii definitely borrows from the pre-statehood times of the islands, where they were once independent island states... later unified by King Kamehameha. In fact, the "Island Trials" also borrow from the legends and conquests of this man.
>>
>>29345500
They're in the national dex leaks. Not regional.
>>
I think B2W2 got it right. Somewhere around the 300 in size, half of the regional pokédex is new pokémon while the other half is split equally between previous generations. Allows for good pokémon variety while also keeping the game feeling fresh.

I hated what they did with Kalos. I thought I'd love a game with a gigantic pokédex, but it didn't turn out to be the case. Kalos pokémon felt so rare, each route was bloated with over half a dozen old pokémon. There were entire routes that didn't have a single new pokémon, that's awful.

With Alola, the regional dex has shrunken down quite a bit, and some of the old pokémon have new forms, so hopefully I'll have more fun playing SM than XY? I don't know, I still hate that Kanto pokémon outnumber Alola pokémon, the only generation where that's excusable is II.
>>
>>29345554
I would excuse the amount of Kanto for this because of forms even though it still sucks no other region got them, as well as it doesnt even fucking make sense that no other region got them if theyre trying to tell us that they adapted. W/e though Im still happy with the idea and even if it is just kanto mon at least it isnt the ones that are always shoved down our throats
>>
File: 1384477123054.gif (2MB, 357x238px) Image search: [Google]
1384477123054.gif
2MB, 357x238px
>>29343026
>87 genwun
>no more than 33 each for every other region
>more genwun mons than new pokemon

this is actually unforgivable

gen 5 does it best, majority new mons with equal amounts of old mons from each other gen to supplement them
>>
>>29345593
I wouldnt excuse the Kanto number because even the variants will get overshadowed by the non variants
>>
Why do people hate GEN 1 so much?
I'm the only one that doesn't care about gen 1 panderin?
>>
>>29345236
So do we have that list too? I've only seen the island ones.
>>
File: HNI_0004.jpg (63KB, 600x630px)
HNI_0004.jpg
63KB, 600x630px
>>29345462
>GEN 8 depends if they go to the Alolan route (250-290) then no separate dexes if they go to the kalos route (500+) then yes,
Just pointing out that if they have a 250-Pokemon regional dex in gen 8, it will be horrible. In Alola, Kalos has, what, 18 Pokemon present? That's next to nothing. Tons of great Pokemon got left out.

In gen 8, they need to go one of two routes.

Option A is to take a cue from BW2 and include about 30-40 Pokemon from each region in addition to the new Pokemon.

Option B would be more controversial: take a cue from RS or even BW1, and have almost nothing but new Pokemon, or nothing but new Pokemon. This tends to be a very polarizing way to go, however.

If in gen 8 they do the same shit they just did in Alola, gen 8 is going to get people super-duper pissed. Genwun dick-sucking needs to be toned down, and gen 5 and gen 6 Pokemon can't be forgotten yet again.
>>
>>29345683
They're ass mad about the biggest draws. Watch them cry when 11 of the 29 z moves are gen 1 only.
>>
>>29345745
GEN 1: 35
GEN 2: 25
GEN 3: 30
GEN 4: 24
GEN 5: 30
GEN 6: 16
GEN 7: 14

That would make like 140 + 120ish of the new mons?
I don't know thb,as long i can catch the new pokemon i'm happy i don't care about regional pokedexes to much,
>>
>>29345778
Do people just imagine angry people so they dont have to consider other people may feel differently from them? But what else can I expect from namefags

>>29345683
People dont hate it, they're just tired of it's focus.
>>
>>29345683
Nobody mentioned hating Gen 1 in this thread. Stop assuming stuff.
>>
>>29345824
Not that anon,but if they don't pander the new generation and they keep pandering the previous gens and overshadowing the new ones,is going to be annoyinh to me because i play for the new pokemon.

That's why i think 7gen will be my last gen,i love pokemon and all but i think it's just not for me annyome,i need to pass to yo-kai watch i guess or another pokemon clone if i want to experiencie discovering new monsters again.
>>
>>29343463
You mean quality over quantity
>>
>>29343026
Unova2 dex is the best dex
Alola looks alright to me, probably 2nd best
Unova, Sinnoh2, Johto, and Hoenn are alright
Kanto is the original 151 so of course its perfect ;^)

Kalos has no fucking identity. Every route is different. No skeletal structure to it because of it.
>>
File: HNI_0080.jpg (24KB, 253x238px)
HNI_0080.jpg
24KB, 253x238px
>>29345683
I don't hate gen 1. Yellow is one of my most favorite Pokemon games. I love the music, the low-tech asthetic, and the majority of the Pokemon.

What gets me super pissed is when gen 1 stuff is seen as more important or objectively better than the others. THAT kind of favoritism rustles my fucking jimmies.

Kalos did fine. Gen 1 got some favoritism, but it wasn't too bad. The only gen that really got forgotten in gen 6 was gen 5. That sucked, though.

Gen 7, though? I know it's the 20th anniversary and all, but instead of celebrating the franchise as a whole, Alola comes off as "Let's celebrate KANTO's 20th BIRTHDAY and those other gens can come along too, I guess." That's the wrong fucking attitude to take.

Pretty soon, the Hoennbabies and Sinnohfetuses are going to be the primary adult buyers of Pokemon, as oldfags like me keep dropping off the franchise bandwagon. People die, get old, lose interest, start families, etc. You cannot logically continue to massively suck the nostalgia dick of a game that most of your fanbase will have only played as a fucking virtual console re-release! Even if the plan is to get the new kids hyped up about Kanto shit through Megas or regional forms or ten other gimmicks... fucking why? The new kids would appreciate a well-executed gimmick that supports literally any group of Pokemon, regardless of their regional origin.

If gen 8 happens and Kanto is still the main focus, you can only blame the old, out-of-touch executives at Game Freak, at that point. A bunch of Japanese dudes in their 40s, 50s and 60s paying homage to their own company roots... "and the fans get to come along too, I guess."
>>
>>29343026
>>29343026
>that gen5 distribution for BW2
It's fucking perfect, literally half old, half new, why Kalos and Alola fucked it up so bad?
>>
>>29346063
>Kanto is the original 151 so of course its perfect ;^)
No underages on this board please
>>
Kalos had my favorite batch of new Pokemon despite the small size, as for its general regional dex the roster was spread too thin to really give the region a cohesive feeling

Alola would be fine if it wasn't mostly Kanto Pokemon, cut like half of those to beef up the other old regions, but I'm betting the region will feel more cohesive at least
>>
>>29346099
Obviously ironic

>>29346063
Id say it is pretty close between Alola and Johto for second best. Thoguh Alola probably beats it by default for having cool stuff from more Gens
>>
>>29346089
Or just people moving into yo-kai watch/whatever like that anon that posted adobe because they're tired of the new pokemon beign overshadowed or the gen 1 pandering in general.

>>29346063
For me would be:

1.Alola dex
2.Sinnoh dex (Platinum)
3.Kanto dex
4.BW1 dex
5.Jotho dex
6.Kalos dex
7.Hoenn dex
8.Unova BW2 dex
>>
>>29345959
I think the discovery would still be there if they didnt reveal so much early. And made the demos harder to datamine

Low numbers wouldnt make me stop anyways

>>29346089
Yeah, I dont see the advantage of this.

They say Kanto mons are the most recognizable, but the OP image makes it clear they caused it themselves
>>
>>29343383
Seeing as they're both ~75, I'm thinking they're going to aim for "half of gen 1" from now on when it comes to brand new Pokemon species, then round out the 100 with Alola forms and UBs. Since:
XY is 72 + 28 Megas = 100 (then ORAS added 20 more)
SM is 73 + 8 UB + 18 Alola forms = 99
So presumably if we get DP remakes this gen, it might add 20 more forms of other Pokemon, or more UBs or Megas or something.
>>
>>29346089
We live in a world where older franchises are still going strong and new things die out.
>>
>>29346210
Would Alola feel like tropical kanto?
>>
>>29345817
>GEN 6: 16
>GEN 7: 14
For a gen 8 game, I would see something like that as inexcusable. That is fucking nothing. Gen 6 has a ton of strong designs. I'd say that gen 6 is better than gens 3, 4 and 5 when it comes to quality over quantity... and this is coming from a guy who thinks BW2 is the best Pokemon game! Gen 7 has a lot of great designs, but some are a bit iffy. And what can we even say about Ultra Beasts? Still, I wouldn't want to see the Alola Pokemon forgotten in gen 8.
>>
>>29346099
No newfags on this board please. Lurk more.
>>
>>29346222
I would normally say "there won't be any new megas for DPP remakes"...
Buuuut.... if everyone raises a stink about the lack of new megas in SM, I think they'd probably make the Gen2 and Gen4 starters, along with the trio legendary dragons and God's Primal Reversions...

I also really want forms to be the standard thing from now on. Though I seem to be in a minority of liking them... I would always prefer a regional form over just the same old mon from a previous region.
>>
>>29346089
Honestly gen 6 did go full pandering mode

The literally coppied Viridian Forest, while giving Charizard 2 new viable forms

The only edge is that megas went to every gen
>>
>>29346281
The demo certainly feels like Tropical Kanto, and I don't like that.

I keep telling myself that the full game won't be crawling with Machamp and Slowpoke everywhere... I hope I'm right.
>>
>>29346285
You have pokebank/post-game to catch these gen 6/7 pokemon,i can't really say more shining out the new pokemon is more important,GEN 6 and GEN 7 already had their chance,let GEN 8 mons have their chance.
>>
>>29346175
How is BW2 the worst? Is this just shitposting?
>>
>>29346147
Yeah I do like Johto, but at the same time it's kinda Kanto 2.0 you know? Not that that's a bad thing. In fact Johto is kind of like Sinnoh2 to Sinnoh1 or Unova2 to Unova1 in that regard.

>>29346175
I respect your taste anon. Sinnoh1 does not exist. We can all agree on that.

desu I don't remember Unova2 very much, but I remember liking it a lot. I'll replay BW2 sometime to reacquaint myself and see if it holds up. You anons are alright.

>>29346099
:^):^):^):^):^):^):^)
>>
>>29346384
This.
We're having the same problem since GEN 6,that they pander to gen 1-7 and forget that GEN 8 exist
>>
>>29345817
For what purpose is Kanto and Hoenn so much compared to the others again?

>>29346281
It honestly feels like a tropical Johto to me. But I'll probably make an image about that some other time. But yeah like the other anon says, the amount of Kanto mons casually everywhere is pretty damn bad.
>>29346089
Also, to reply to this again, the remade Viridian Forest, the Kanto birds being the regions' trio, and Mewtwo Cave, two megas for two Kanto mons, there will probably never be another region that panders as hard as Kalos

>>29346330
GF did say they have no plans for Megas right now, and are most likely making the DPPt remakes/sequels as we speak
>>
File: smp.jpg (3MB, 3236x5384px) Image search: [Google]
smp.jpg
3MB, 3236x5384px
>>29343458
So I took all the pokeexes and shittillty lined them up in a terrible jpg, and holy shit, why do so many mons repeat? I don't really have a problem, but why? Are we going to see them throughout the whole game? Are we actually going to have some non-linearity and be able to choose which island we go to next? What is the reason for this?
>>
File: Genwun.png (194KB, 860x364px) Image search: [Google]
Genwun.png
194KB, 860x364px
>>29343026
>2 of the shittiest and "genwun pandering" generations have the most amount of genwun pokemon
Like poetry, Gen 1 just ruins everything it touches.
>>
>>29346391
>>29346416
Unova was supposed to be a "new pokemon region" gen and suddenly 156 old pokemon apparear of nowhere,it totally fucked up unova's uniqness,i just i can't get into BW2
>>
>>29346096
Gotta earn that genwunner money
>>
>>29346496
They total adress it in world though and it's still more than half the dex

Treat it like Alola dex? What seperated it and Kalos?
>>
>>29346457
Do you go outiside of your house?
When you go to other town all the birds and animals of your town dissaparear? no right?
>>
>>29346369
>Honestly gen 6 did go full pandering mode
Alola is easily twice as bad.

>The literally coppied Viridian Forest, while giving Charizard 2 new viable forms
Viridian Forest is a fun little map. I don't mind if they want to self-fellate over things like genwun music, maps, human characters, etc. I like all that stuff. What makes me angry is when we get more Kanto Pokemon than anything else. It's different when it comes to the Pokedex. That's the cornerstone. Copying a forest is an extraneous detail.

Having a Snorlax blocking the road in Kalos? Using the Pokeflute to wake it up? That was waaaay more annoying than a forest. They better not do that shit again in Alola, so help me.

I don't care if Charizard got two megas. I love Char Y, and if we had only gotten one, we would be stuck with Char X, let's face it. So in that respect, I'm glad it happened the way it did.
>>
>>29346537
Still i don't like BW2,it ruined GEN 5 for me,it was an unique region.
>>
>>29346435
>GF did say they have no plans for Megas right now
Exactly. But I think the overall consensus with the fanbase is "aw... I wanted X to have a mega..."
So if there's a large enough hubbub nowish, since like you said, they are very likely making DPP remakes right now... or in a couple months cause everyone needs a break after their game goes gold...
I'd wager that they'd change their mind due to the popular opinion.
At least for the Legendaries' Primals and Starters' Megas.
>>
>>29346547
Say what you will, Alola forms are actually being used on shitty mon's unlike Megas, which were hype machines.

Also don't forget mewtwo and legendary birds are there for no reason
>>
File: HNI_0056.jpg (14KB, 240x215px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0056.jpg
14KB, 240x215px
>>29346420
>>
>>29346563
? It's not like you seemed to care for Unova very much

What makes Alola different?
>>
>>29346537
Alola and Kalos is fine,because old pokemon and new pokemon live there.

But Unova,they fucked up the puropose of the region and the GEN iself because a bunch of butthurt crybabies can't get over the fact that unova is supposed to be a diferent region.
>>
>>29346563

I think B/W and B/W2 complement each other perfectly, you want only 150 originals? play B/W, you want different gym leaders, trainers, route and the come back of finely selected small roster of every gen? they complement each other much better than Emerald/Plat/Crystal/Yellow which make their predecessors completely useless.
>>
>>29346619
They literally have it like that in BW1 post elite 4

Why do the same exact shit twice in a "sequel" where more Pokemon come in like what happened in BW
>>
>>29346619
Pokemon fanbase has a phobia for new things,when they not see something familiar they burst in rage because zubat ins't in the game instead of understand the purpose of BW1.
As said,this is the only fanbase i see that hates new and fresh things.
>>
>the regional dex meme
Why does anyone give a fuck? No one ever completes them until they have the national dex anyway
>>
>>29346664
I liked BW. I just didn't want it again when I am purchasing a sequel
>>
>>29346540
This is a made up game

>>29346457
The yellow dex is pretty fucking great

>>29346583
I dont think there's a real consensus on Megas. I'd say Gen 6 is just as polarizing as Gen 5 on a whole.

>>29346687
>who gives a fuck 125 comments in
Nobody, I'm sure
>>
>>29346540
Kalos' pokedex was pretty stern on pokemon locations. Usually, you only encounter a specific type of pokemon on that route, or at the very most somewhere else in the specific pokedex.

So having the same pokemon in multiple, pokedexes is strange to me. Especially when we've technically had a bigger pokedex condensed into one single category (BW2)
>>
>>29346664
I would love to gen 6 had like 20 new pokemon with garbage desings and gen 7 with only 12 pokemon with garbage desings with 1% of apparearing in each route...
GEN 7 would last 10 years,and every game beign the same reashed game as the last wihout nothing new.
Pokmon fans would love this.
>>
>>29346707
The yellow one is pretty good, but I'm gonna go right ahead and say that purple's my favorite. Combining this wiht the idea that you can choose which island you want to go after the yellow one, that's gonna be my destination, because I can complete my For-Sure team there.

Also, I just realized I didn't put Aerodactyl in the purple Dex. My mistake. Specifically didn't put the Tapus though, because I'm trying to avoid those and anyone with a brain can tell that one Tapu will be there. Although, another odd thing to note is that Solgaleo, Lunala, the Prevos, and mythicals are nowhere in the pokedex.
>>
>>29346603
>Also don't forget mewtwo and legendary birds are there for no reason
Mewtwo is my second favorite Pokemon, so I can't be upset that they put him in the game. The genwun music remix that plays when you face any of the genwun legends is JUST RIGHT. I love that shit.

The last time Mewtwo was in a Pokemon game was FRLG. He's hardly been overplayed.

Last time the birds showed up was Platinum and HGSS, I believe. They're much more common. I can see how they might have annoyed people.

Still, so far, none of them appear to be in Alola. If the legendary birds show up in Alola, post-game, I will be upset.
>>
>>29346835
And HGSS don't forget

Plus only Mewtwo and Charizard getting 2 forms is retarded

While being in another "unknown dungeon" the same name as the original location
>>
>>29346457
Back and forth islands.
>>
>>29346937
It would be like the other pokemon games,repeated pokemon will apparear in more than 1 island,you guys only played XY?
>>
>>29346860
Two of the most popular pokemons from gen 1 getting a mega is to be expected.

Eevee, pikachu, magnemite or mew is also in that group.
>>
>>29346860
None of that bothers me, though. I don't think any Pokemon, ever, really *needs* two megas, but if it happens, it doesn't make the game worse.

Char and Mew2 got special treatment, sure, but they at least gave Megas to tons of gen 2, 3, and 4 mons. Megas weren't exclusively used to suck Kanto's dick, unlike Alolan forms have been.

The Kalos Unknown Dungeon was was just pathetic, though. It didn't make me angry so much as it just disappointed me.
>>
>>29346481
It's just stupid that they use so much Gen 1 mons for filler

Though part of the problem is they always take the same few lines from 2 and 4 and it usually ends up being the ones that evolve from Gen 1 mons

>>29346824
I was avoiding the tapus until I realised the models are so small I can barely see them anyways

And yeah, purple is looking good too.
>>
>>29346979
We're going with X and Y because that's the only pokedex to be split up into separate categories. If Sun and Moon weren't doing the same thing, then there'd be nothing to talk about.
>>
>>29343437
>Alola forms were a cop out

Even still there's only a few. They made such a big deal about Aloan forms you'd think there would be more.
>>
>>29344832
They should be counted in terms of work no doubt, but they don't add to the total. Gen VI got away with 72 new mons cause of the over 40 Megas, but now Gen VII is just 73 mons with about 20 new forms and we still don't know if the UBs are Pokemon or not, if they are the number will be more respectable. It will as till be hard for me cause my first run on games I only use new mons, I struggled to get a full party on Y and I will have the same problem on Moon.
>>
>>29344479
>Gen 1 mons boost sales
Probably because that's all they fucking talk about. They shove it into everything and think that the sales are because of that, when it's not.

Nobody's buying a new game to grind a Zubat's happiness up for the 6th time
>>
>>29347988
Everyone loves gen 1. Gen 1 is the best for most.

I cant wait to kill megas with z moves zubat and buffed leech life.

Omg.
>>
>>29344717
UBs have their own dex slots and come before Magearna in the national dex, so Gen 7 = 802
>>
>>29348037
what?
>>
>>29347799
Ive never tried a new mons only run in XY before. Ive so far only done it in HGSS, and it was a lot easier than I expected, seeing as I was consciously avoiding Ampharos as well. I did end up with both Nictowl and Togetic but I want that Light Screen Hypnosis clock bird specifically for the E4

I dont think it will be too hard in SM unless you box your starter
>>
>>29343026
>87 Kanto mons in Alola
Seriously why?
>>
>>29343026
W-what if there are more new Pokemon that weren't in the demo at all? It could happen, right? Right?
PLEASE not another tiny gen, PLEASE.
>>
>>29343026

Kalos on paper seems amazing, but there just aren't enough landmarks for the 454 Pokemon you can catch in the region, which leads to some nonsense such as 1-5% encounter ratios and horde only encounters. You don't even get to see a good chunk of them without luck because there are many pokemon that not even the ingame trainers use. I didn't even know Gligar was part of the Kalos dex until after I beat the game.
>>
>>29350466
This. Johto has headbutting trees, the Bug Catching Contest, or the Safari Zone as unique encounters outside of tall grass. Unova had Hidden Grottos and a lot of locations.

ALL of Kalos' encounters are tall grass or jumping from a tree. No unique locations or conditions, so the huge dex was put in the grass with flowers as an excuse to put 15+ mons on one route
>>
>>29350310
More than half the damn Kanto dex
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.