[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Switch won't replace the Wii U

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1475621539346.jpg (102KB, 1192x886px) Image search: [Google]
1475621539346.jpg
102KB, 1192x886px
>Famitsu: the Switch won't replace the Wii U
This is fucking hilarious
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/21/famitsu-questions-nintendo-about-nintendo-switch/
>>
>>29337682
Who the fuck cares
>>>/v/
>>
>>29337682
I never had one!
>>
>>29337682
PFFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THE SWITCH IS FINISHED
>>
>Don't worry the DS won't replace the game boy line
l o l
Nintendo has cried wolf one time too many
>>
File: niga.jpg (18KB, 344x272px) Image search: [Google]
niga.jpg
18KB, 344x272px
They said the same thing about the Wii with the Gamecube. The DS with the GBA. If you honestly believe this you're a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1476984004392.png (496KB, 452x428px) Image search: [Google]
1476984004392.png
496KB, 452x428px
>yfw Nintendo is actually doomed this time
>>
>The DS won't replace the GBA
History repeats itself.
>>
>>29337682
They said the same with Nintendo DS during GBA's time:

GBA was released on 2001.
Nintendo DS was released on 2004, before even pass 5 years and in 2005 most people had a Nintendo DS than a GBA. DS' GBA slot made developers still making GBA games but people stopped buying the console itself.
>>
Wii U is already a rotting corpse
If the Switch sells well it'll replace all prior Nintendo consoles and they'll just release alterations/upgrades of it like they always do
If it bombs the 3DS will get a small extension to its lifespan
>>
This is pretty funny, even Googling "Will Switch replace the Wii U" comes up with some really fun results
>>
File: 1441824520491.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1441824520491.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>Hurr this means Nintendo is doomed!!
>Implying Nintendo isn't trying to get one last big hurrah of Wii-U sales before the NX comes out, even if this results in one extra sale
You guys know nothing about business.
>>
they literally just say this to damage control sales and then pretend they never said it
>>
>>29337682
Just like the Wii didn't replace the GameCube, right? Like the 3DS didn't replace the DS?
>>
They did the same thing with the GBA and the DS. They're saying it to placate all 12 Wii U owners, but of course it's going to replace it.

The real question is whether it's also going to replace the 3DS. The 3DS has actual popularity and games, not to mention some features that would be sorely missed on a Switch (dual screen). On the other hand, having a single platform for both handheld and console games is very appealing to publishers, so Nintendo might try to push for that.

Or maybe eventually they'll release a smaller, cheaper Switch that's meant to be purely handheld, who knows.
>>
>>29337682
They say the same fucking shit every time they make a console,the switch is here to be the wii-u and 3ds replacement,its upgrade or die and everybody knows it
>>
>>29339157
Call me a old man but I think a lot of the more intense heavy games that require larger space for graphics, memory, and space will all be streamed from it instead of on a card. Granted technology has gone long away but I've yet to see a well working, smooth iPad like device that can play Dark Souls/Skyrim. I know they're out there but they're kidna buggy and have a lot of issues and they have to force to lower the graphics exponentially
>>
>>29339272
Streaming was the Wii U's gimmick, and they've already confirmed the dock is mainly for charging/hdmi ports (i.e. no streaming or extra GPU). It would also detract from the portable image they're going for, since you'd have to be in range of whatever you're streaming from.
>>
>>29337804
This, what business would they be if they outright say "hey guys stop buying the wii u it's dead!"
>>
>>29339272
>Call me a old man but I think a lot of the more intense heavy games that require larger space for graphics, memory, and space will all be streamed from it instead of on a card.

That sounds more like an oblivious fucktard who thinks network infrastructure's perfect around the world. Streaming only games are not plausible for at least another 10-20 years. Maybe even double that.
>>
nintendogs on the NX when?!?
>>
>>29337682
Its just basic PR, come on now
>>
>>29337682
Why? It's a handheld. Would you have laughed if they had said that the Wii u wasn't replacing the 3ds?
>>
>>29339999
Quads confirms.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.