[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else hate how WEAK legendary pokemon feel in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else hate how WEAK legendary pokemon feel in the games?

Instead of being scared of their incredible power, you are afraid of accidentally killing them. You have to use your weakest moves to gently reduce their HP, treating them like delicate flowers. It's ridiculous.

They should be level 100, with perfect IVs, optimal EV spreads, optimal natures and useful moves to compensate for their stupid AI that chooses moves at random. They should also be holding useful items.

You should be scared of them. Instead of being worried about accidentally killing Lugia, you should be worried about Lugia being able to kill any level 40-50 pokemon in your party in a couple of hits. You should need to use strategy, stat boosting moves, status conditions and things like that to successfully catch them.

The existence of the master ball makes it even worse. You can completely trivialize any legendary battle using it, even when it's supposed to be a really epic fight with unique music and plot relevance. In fact, most people do exactly that every playthrough. They simply use the master ball and that's it.

I know that recent games force you to catch/fight the cover legendaries as part of the plot, giving them pathetic catch rates to make it easier. But in the first two generations (not their remakes), all the legendaries were completely optional. There was no excuse for them to be so weak and easy to kill. They should have been like superbosses in other rpgs.

What do you think?
>>
File: IMG_1699.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1699.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>29335245
>make catching legendaries even more of a pain
>>
>>29335277
>"pain"

>>29335245
yes, op, i think there's too much non-legendary pokemon with high stats, maybe only some mega should be this powerfull. master ball is ok. that amount of non-legendary pokemon with power of a legendary mon makes harder to have nice battles between the non-legendary ones.
>>
>>29335277
Natures didn't exist in the first two generations. You'd only need to catch them once, instead of soft resetting over and over again.

Why wouldn't you want those battles to be interesting and memorable?
>>
>>29335245
You can refight legendaries since Emerald, if I'm not mistaken. You just have to beat the E4 again and they respawn.

It wouldn't be too painful if Groudon and Kyogre were as strong as possible and you just had to kill them to continue with the story. It's 6 pokemon against one. I think it would be fair.

The hell of trying to capture them could wait until the postgame.
>>
File: Moon-039-s-Fa.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Moon-039-s-Fa.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>29335277
>>
>>29335848
>refight legendaries in emerald
Literall no.
>>
>>29335277
Clefable is better than you.
>>
>>29335245

I haven't caught a legendary by my own choosing since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. It's not that I think the legendaries suck, I just don't think I should be in charge of the fate of a literal fucking god.

I also haven't used any pokeballs aside from the original, but I'm not exactly bragging about that. It's needlessly hard at some points and I only do it because I like to have my team in matching pokeballs, and if by any chance I keep a pokemon I caught early on in my team (or keep my starter, which I only did for Infernape, Sceptile, Torterra, Serperior, and now, probably all of my first 3 playthroughs of sun and moon), I would like my whole team to be in similar pokeballs. Nothing infuriates me more than when you have like 6 pokemon in 6 completely different pokeballs.
>>
>>29335245
The master ball does make every legendary fight feel very anticlimatic. Even without it, even if you only use normal pokeballs, it all reduces to constantly throwing pokeballs while the legendary is too weak to seriously hurt your pokemon and the only tension comes from the fact that he could run out of moves and kill himself any moment.
>>
>>29335245
Agreed
>>
I think legendaries should be more difficult to beat, but if you win the battle it decides to join you.
And I mean really difficult to beat- like any optional one will definitely slap your shit if you try it pre-E4
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.