[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, this final battle was kind of disappointing considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: kaizo end.png (16KB, 1891x995px) Image search: [Google]
kaizo end.png
16KB, 1891x995px
Damn, this final battle was kind of disappointing considering how fuckin miserable most of this rom was.
>>
>>29334580
what?
>>
>>29334595
crystal kaizo.

>all of the routes redesigned, all pokemon are present in game
>most of the caves are full of mazes and jumping puzzles where missing one tile will send you to the start
>encounter rates massively increased
>routes full of pokemon that know toxic/stun spore/twave/explosion
>caves are full of fast pokemon like dugtrio who you can't reliably run from
>all gym leaders have 6 pokemon with competitive movesets
>start seeing lv50s shortly after Whitney, lv100s by the time you get to Claire
>E4 and Kanto gym leaders have pokemon over lv100
>Red's are all over lv120
>also blue has a Mew, red has a Celebi
>>
>>29334810
Sounds like a fucking chore to playthrough. Difficulty just for the sake of difficulty is stupid.
>>
File: image.png (710KB, 984x597px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
710KB, 984x597px
>>29334810
>ROM hack
>level scaling goes to 40 early in the game
>has to take levels over 100 for the finale
this is why nobody plays this shit
>>
>>29335200
I wanted to play a fucking ass shattering pokemon game before SM so I'd look forward to an easy chill ride.

My final team I fought Red with was

Dodrio
Golduck
Suicune
Tyranitar
Typhlosion
Gengar

I rebuilt my team after beating red to fight the optional bosses which are actually harder than Red who I first tried. I'm going to finish the dex and beat those bosses before I put this rom down. I currently have

Zapdos
Snorlax
Blissey
Marowak
Suicune
Steelix

Only problem is none of them have much stat XP so it's going to be a bitch getting them up to the point where they can take on the hidden rival fight and the trainer house boss.
>>
>>29335338
Autism
>>
>>29335260
Levels going over 100 is for a reason, it's so you can't just brute force your way to wins. Movesets and status moves are distributed well enough to also stop cheesing with battle items. Also you can't use revives in battle.
>>
>>29335373
>Its ok for the game to cheat
Kys
>>
>>29335200
Thats what I was thinking, this just sounds like hours of grinding.
>>
>>29335460
>its not okay for AI in a game to follow different rules than a player

It's called asymmetry and it lends itself to challenge. I bet you're the same kind of person who whines about artificial difficulty.

>>29335526
Not really, with fighting the required trainers you're always within 10-15 levels of the gym pokemon in Johto, and once you get to Kanto your pokemon will naturally be lv100 so no grinding is required.

You CAN grind in Johto to get a level advantage over gym leaders but it's not necessary if you're smart with team building.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzEOyfbM5hk

JUST WHY
>>
>>29335526
Not really, the game gives you plenty of lucky eggs and a turbo training area once you reach Blackthorne.
>>
File: 1437430837516.jpg (67KB, 624x612px) Image search: [Google]
1437430837516.jpg
67KB, 624x612px
>>29335618
>potion spamming till you win a coin flip
Sure looks fun and interactive.
>>
>>29336147
This x100, sounds like this game is just luck based, not skill based.

>Recording a video AND using speed-up
You do realize this makes your video G a r b a g e to watch.
>>
>>29336305
second one was referring to this >>29335618
>>
>>29334810
is this that weird rom that changes all the pokémon's types and jigglypuff is steel type?
>>
>>29336305
>a pokemon game is luck based

OH WOW WHAT A REVELATION!
>>
>>29336399
No, they mess around with some moves but as far as I'm aware typings and BST are unaltered.
>>
>>29336402
>defending this hot sewage
>>
The only incredibly shitty part about Crystal Kaizo is how some pokemon had their movepools absolutely gutted. There's no reason why Donphan should learn Earthquake at level 100
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.