[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Annyone else a bit tired of using/seeing the same pokemon in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1477000230420.jpg (45KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1477000230420.jpg
45KB, 418x394px
I like old pokemon don't get me wrong,but i'm a bit tired of them at this point...i really want to see new faces,i trough Alola wold fix this,but it's just Kalos 2.0 a regional pokedex of 500 pokemon with 50 new.

I'm still buying this,but the game isn't going to be enjoyable for me,i'm just tired of the same,maybe i've just outgrown pokemon or this series isn't about encountering new pokemon anymore?
>>
Yeah that's why i'm not buying SM,i'm tired of GEN1,GEN2 and GEN 3 pokemon overall,and there's barely any new pokemon in Alola.
>>
>>29334446
Play BW1.
>>
>>29334446
Yep, it sucks when all the new pokemon are overshadowed by the large amount of old pokemon in the game, makes the games feel stale
>>
I'm sick of it, too, SM went from a day one buy to a pirate when Drayano does a difficulty hack.

Alolamons are outnumbered by Kantomons in their own fucking dex.
>>
>>29334465
This.
After playing that you'll appreciate the crossregional variety.
>>
>>29334446
Fucking Zubat. But the Alola dex looks fine. The Kalos dex was disproportionately older mons.
>>
I just wish there were more new mons. I feel as if the new games should be about 50% new, 50% old.
>>
>>29334548
Fuck variety good,i want to see the new pokemon i just want THAT,i'm ok with GEN 4,GEN 5 and GEN 6 pokemon,but dear good,they're milking old pokemon WAY TO MUCH since GEN 6,it's just getting stale.
>>
>>29334610
Agree 100% with you,i love old pokemon but it's getting annoying that you want to find a new pokemon and a fucking pikachu,zubat and shit you're seeing over 20th years apparears again.

I don't see how someone who isn't autistic,can ejoy the repetition of this series.
>>
>>29334446
No.

New ways and reasons to use old Pokémon is the biggest main attraction for me. I don't care about new Pokémon nearly as much as something like the Festival Plaza or Pokéathlon.

If Game Freak ever made a new generation with no new Pokémon whatsoever, but instead focused on polishing existing assets to the nth degree and making fun, repeatable and rewarding content like the two previously mentioned things as well as the Battle Frontier, PWT and Black Tower/White Treehollow, that would be like a dream come true for me.
>>
>>29334657
Gamefreak is afraid of not pandering to genwunners for more than five minutes
>>
>>29334446
>81 new pokémons (85 if we count oricorios as 4 and Lycanroc as 2)
>20 alolan version
>101-15 new pokémon

They're still more than 100. It's not a poor gen.
>>
>>29334760
105*
>>
>>29334672
That could easily be accomplished by a good 3rd version or mid-gen sequel

Where we are right Gamefreak isn't providing either a good focus on new Pokemon or a solid quality base game. Just dicking around with nostalgia and ridiculous battle gimmicks they'll drop the next gen.
>>
>>29334672
This is the type of autistic person that i'm talking about
>>
>>29334548
I actually like how in BW1 it force you to use whatever you found instead of your favourite. It make me appreciate gen V pokemon much more than other gen.
>>
>>29334818
Meh,i don't know,dude
But just do like me and quit pokemon,it's just getting to repetitive at this point,the last game i enjoyed was BW1.
>>
The issue isn't that the dexes are full of old Pokemon.

The issue is that between Kalos and Aloha, the dexes are full of the SAME old Pokemon.
>>
>>29334548
I don't know man, I really liked that all you could use was gen 5 mons, I kinda wish every gen did that.
>>
There's nothing wrong with having old Pokemon, in fact, that's what they should always be doing. The problem is GF is obsessed with filling certain 'roles' every generation which results in over saturation.
Do we really need ac new regional bird, vermin, and insect every game? Do the starters always have to be Grass, Fire, and Water? Do we always need '3 stage effeminate Grass or plant-like Pokemon'? Do we always need a fossil duo? Do we always need Water type fish?
SM did a good job of introducing new concepts and playing around with some old ones, but there's still shit like Pikipek's and Bounsweet's lines that just make me think 'Again?'.
New Pokemon should fill new roles and niches as best as possible. As much as I liked gen 5, the soft reboot ideology ruined the variety in the dex, almost every line basically already existed at some point.
Just expand on the old dexes instead of trying to remake it in a slightly different flavor.
>>
>>29334868
That's why i'm saying that Kalos pokedex is a mistake.
If Kalos regional dex was 250 entries the game would be better.
>>
>>29334980
OP wasn't saying about not having old pokemon.

He's just tired of GF bloating the dex with 400 old mons and very few new ones it gets really stale if you aren't a fanboy or an autist.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.