[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega beedrill was the best thing to happen to beedrill ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: ced.png.cf.png (233KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ced.png.cf.png
233KB, 400x400px
Mega beedrill was the best thing to happen to beedrill ever.
Why does famefreak hate making old shitmons better?
If they didnt they would still keep making megas.
>>
>>29332591
Because when everyone's mega, no one will be.
>>
>>29332618
Then why not make ultra evolutions a thing?
A stage beyond mega would be dope.
>>
File: 54353452.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
54353452.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>29332618
>>
>>29332668
That's the same thing.
>>
>>29332668
>tfw Ultra Beasts are a step above Megas
>>
>>29332591
Mega existed to create less mons and power up old mons. It's swiped from digimon and so is fairy.
>>
>>29332702
I just want pokemon to all be viable. It sucks that mawile finally got to be viable but only its mega.
>>29332816
Thats what i mean why not go full digimon and have actually 4th evolutions instead of just keeping 3 stages max.
>>
>>29332591
Is there any lewd artwork of beedrill x vespiquen OP?
>>
>>29332618
Just like Garchomp, right?
>>
>>29332844
Because GF is afraid to do that. They aren't quite sure what they want like Sega with Sonic so they change the formula each game hoping they did good. But even then they still change it ignoring success and failures. Which leads to no learning being done on their part.
>>
>>29332920
They werent afraid to do regional varients this time around.
If they end up being a hit. I want to see ether more of them for old mons not just from gen 1.
>>
>>29332591
There is already enough people complaining about the lack of more dex entires. Imagine if they only introduced 30~40 more dex entries in favor of more alolans and megas, and mega alolans.
>>
File: tumblr_m7hnmqbV1s1qlpahho1_500.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7hnmqbV1s1qlpahho1_500.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
>>29332856
I found this
>>
>>29332978
Agreed. The only thing I ask is they spread out from gen 1 and make some cool ones like Snow blower Torkoal or maybe a switch in gender appearances for Miltank and Tauros with one taking the other's appearance.
>>
>>29332989
That would be fine as long as they were good, clever ideas and spread more evenly among the gens.
>>
>>29332978
>18 out of 151 mons to choose from
>none are making a shitmon better
>None are popular favorites
>If they end up being a hit
It'll happen for the next game, only for Kanto ago and it'll be the same number to be equally still as wasted an opportunity as now.
>>
>>29333116
Even though I would love it. I would understand why it is not a very attractive idea.
>>
>>29333133
They are limited to whatever Design Concepts actually work because I'm pretty sure they could make a hundred fifty-one Regional variants for the Kanto region alone but if a lot of the designs didn't look good they would scrap them and probably never come back to give them any kind of treatment.
>>
>>29332618
That's not clever, it's actually completely wrong. You're still limited to one mega per team and it's not always the optimal build. Ideally every Pokemon should have a mega.
>>
>>29333222
Check em
>>
>>29333133
>none are making a shitmon better
We don't even know what they do.

>None are popular favorites
You wanted only pikachu, lucario, greninja, charizard and mewtwo to get an alolan form?

>If they end up being a hit
It's fucking the 20th anniversary of the franchise, I don't see anything wrong with doing something for those who started it all.

>>29333222
>doing the entire dex
They already did it, it is called gen5, the only gen to not top sales.
>>
>>29332591
Are those Bees about to do something lewd?

Also regional variants > megas.

Megas were a mistake from the start, yes mega Bee is great but mostly megas were just used to make already powerful mons more powerful and the whole concept feels like something that belongs in digimon not pokemon.

Adding regional forms and normal evolutions to old mons is more natural and can still make them good by giving them better stats or a new niche.
>>
>>29332844
If everyone got one it would make them less special. Also 4 stages are a no no.
>>
>>29333339
I don't literally mean the entire dex I just mean Pokemon that have been basically ignored when it comes to Buffs. Ledian for example needs to be min maxed. And seeing as they cant just makes its stats better without some stupid gimmick. A mega/regional varient is the only hope it has.
>>
>>29333402
Variants don't seem very well implemented from what we know so far. Hell, Sandslash is probably even more of a shitmon.
>>
>>29333703
The concept is still far better than megas or z-moves.

Also I think Sandslash is the only one who's possibly worse than his base form. We'll have to wait and see exactly what the stat changes are though and what his HA is. If he gets some kind of snow rush (and the dex does say he's fast in the snow) and has high attack he might be alright. If they cut his speed and attack to raise his defenses though he's probably shit even with snow rush.

Alolan Muk seems set to be strictly better than regular Muk just based on typing alone.
>>
>>29333843
I don't mind the concept that much. I don't think it'll be enough to make them relevant though. Plus they're still getting stuck with mediocre abilities like Muk with Poison Touch and Gluttony.
>>
>>29333926
still pretty much certain to be better than regular Muk though unless they utterly butcher his stats. Is he gonna top tier? Probably not but maybe they'll surprise us. We don't know how dramatic their stat changes might be and if it's not enough I would rather they take the regional forms further, bigger stat boosts, than add more megas.

Megas don't feel right, regional variants do.
>>
>>29332591
If they wanted to make old pokemon better, they would revise BSTs, move pools and typings without the need for new evos or gimmicks. But, they won't. Because they don't actually care.
>>
>>29334086
They cared about a select few. So somebody must a little.
>>
File: 1447177028713.gif (686KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447177028713.gif
686KB, 320x240px
>>29332618
>no one gets the reference
>>
>>29334817
>implying
Or do you think a post is automatically good because it referenced a movie for children?
>>
>>29334817
Buddy i mean syndrome's plan didnt make much sence.
>>
>>29332668
A weapon to surpass mega gear
>>
>>29332591
I can understand why they wanted to add Z-moves this generation instead of megas. The problem with Megas are two-fold:
1. It changes the look of older more popular pokemon which can defeat the purpose of using it if the player really like the design.
2. When designing megas for popular pokemon such as Lucario and Salamence, you run the risk of making them overpowered or making the mega itself feel superfluous if the buff is too weak.

Z-moves completely negate both these problems by letting you use the Original design and by it being a one-shot move, the stronger mons don't get buffed too much by its inclusion.
Alola forms sort of negate the first point, but I believe it is still generally valid.
>>
>>29335480
If only z moves werent one time use.
Everybody will just blow it the first chance they get.
>>
>>29335480
I can see how you could say it doesn't buff the stronger mons too much but are you gonna run a shitmon just because it can run a z move? Probably not.

Tbh I think z moves will mostly be put on already strong mons to give them something to use against a type that would usualy wall them.
>>
>>29332591
Megas where part of the story, it needs to have a reason to make more otherwise its pointless. Competitive reasons are not reason enough.
>>
>>29334021
Z moves with alolan forms.

The entire concept is one shot kill.
>>
>>29335480
>changes design
This is the reason they made it battle only. It appeals to people who likes the old design, and also can bring some new fans for the mega form. Its like hating both Meowstics because you hate one of them.

>powerlevel
They don't give a fuck. Not even 1% of the playerbase minmax stuff like that. I doubt that even 1% of /vp/ has a full competitive team ingame. Remember Honchrow?
>>
File: PDVD_093.png (337KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
PDVD_093.png
337KB, 640x478px
>>29332618
>>
Mega mawile, sableye, and beedrill were the best things to come out of megas
>>
>>29335652
>They don't give a fuck.
I disagree since they did just nerf Mega-mom and there may be other nerfs. Although I agree, they were a bit slow on the gun.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.