[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

File: screenshot_1477044262.png (11KB, 888x155px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1477044262.png
11KB, 888x155px
thoughts on these?
>>
>Robinhoot used Laser Focus!
>Pikachu used HP ICE
>Robinhoot fainted!

Trash.
>>
>>29329131
Aurora Veil is blatantly the best of the starter signatures.
>>
Aurora Veil with boosting (like say Calm Mind) will be deadly.
>>
>>29329131
>Bulky mon used Calm Mind/Stockpile/Bulk Up
>Use Laser Focus and ignore raised defenses because critical hits bypass defense boosts
Pretty good, will spice up the game if it gets a decent distribution
>>
>>29329251
switch
you could argue it's half good because it kills stall
>>
>>29329251

Thing is the Pokemon has to waste a turn using Laser Focus first. The boosted mon can just attack that turn.
>>
>>29329231
Yeah just like how Claydol setting up dual screens is deadly /sarcasm
>>
>>29329309
one turn makes a lot of difference, retard
>>
>>29329251
>run physical mon with laser focus
>oddish used tetrakarn!
>>
>>29329309

More like Mega Slowbro using Iron Defense and Calm Mind. Retard.
>>
>>29329131
Arrowl needs Skill Link as a HA. I ain't asking for much, GameFreak, come on
>>
>>29329309
well klefki with thunderwawe + screens can make almost any teammate mon sweep
>>
>>29329251
>if it gets a decent distribution

It's pretty much guaranteed to be grassbirb's signature.
>>
>>29329309
Except Popmaid will have a better defensive typing and do it in one turn instead of two.
>>
>>29329309
Which takes 2 turns. Something doing the same thing in 1 turn, giving you some potential to set up, is far better.
>>
>>29329309

Low ladder shitter spotted.
>>
>>29329363
It makes sense, but Throat Chop seems almost like as if it was made specifically for VGC

It would be weird to make such a move if only Luchalitten could learn it
>>
>>29329131
>Psychic terrain
Might be used from time to time, especially to check stuff like Scizor. Probably not gonna be a metagame staple though
>Throat Chop
Meh, gimmicky fighting type move similar to wake-up slap. Nothing particularly interesting
>Aurora Veil
Dual Screen in one move? Holy fucking shit, now THAT's a good move, especially if it gets boosted by Light Clay. So good in fact that I think its distribution won't be great to balance things out
>Laser Focus
Literally useless if it affects only your next attack. Just attack twice, you'll do more damage. Even when considering a possible combo with Anger Point there are already moves that always crit so again, useless
>>
>>29329168
>Implaying that Pikachu is slower
>>
>>29329131
I always have been a big SMT fan and I'm glad that now there's a Concentrate/Charge equivalent in Pokémon. If Laser Focus it's going to be exclusive to one Pokémon, I will be slighty disappointed.
>>
Aurora Veil is only decent one.
>>
>>29329417
Grassowl probably gets Sniper as its HA
that way you can charge for 2.25x damage and ignore defense boosts/attack debuffs (think Leaf Storm)
>>
File: 1475597351363.png (1MB, 1592x1324px) Image search: [Google]
1475597351363.png
1MB, 1592x1324px
>>29329131
>Set up Light Screen, Reflect AND Aurora Veil
>Switch to Assault Vest Tyranitar or Metagross
>>
>>29329580
I doubt it stacks with screens
>>
>>29329580
It won't stack dipshit
>>
>>29329559
Mh, true, hadn't thought of that
>>
>>29329131
Fire/Dark
Water/Psychic
Grass/Flying
>>
will aurora veil last longer with light clay?
>>
>>29329417
Is throat chop fighting or dark?
I'd expect dark.
>>
Wait if Aurora Veil is indeed Entermaid's signature MOVE instead of Ability like we thought then senpai it will still be busted. XD like phew thought that was a fucking ability and was about to slap GF in the fucking face on twitter when the games drop.

And It's probably their secondary typings, cause throat chop is a dirty move like thief or the like so Dark and for Luchalitten, Laser Focus is probably flying and of course for Robinroot but hopefully breedable to more viable mons (no offense to it but yeah lol) and yeah Aurora Veil makes sense as Entermaid cause it's mystic and supposedly they found out she might be a wall while fire type could be a slow physical hitter and the third can be super fast mixed hitter.
>>
Either way bet Robinroot gets Defog to stop that AVeil shit with Entermaid lol.
>>
>>29331861
You mean Brick Break, right?
>>
>>29329355
I could see a new multi hit flying move being added. Feather shot or something. It fits bith robinhoot and le toucan who has skill link
>>
>>29329497
> Assume Luchacat is fighting or dark
> takes neutral damage to pixilate!HyperVoice anyway, the only sound move anyone uses
> Its gonna be a fighting or dark attack, which fairies take half damage to
Yeah, Throat Chop, while cool sounding and surprisingly violent for this series, is already pretty useless
>>
If laser focus is starter-exclusive, and it gets a multi-hit attack, at least it would have an interesting niche. Bullet Seed, or a new Flying-type multi-hit, considering Pikipek gets Skill Link.

"Gale Arrows"
25BP, 100Acc, 15PP, Flying, one nearby target. Physical, does not make contact.
The user attacks 2-5 times in a row. If the opponent has been identified or if the user has locked onto the target, it can hit through substitutes.
>>
Laser Focus + Sniper ability could be interesting.

I guess Grassowl will get high Speed stat for efficient use. Still, that also means its defenses will be okay at most, so I dunno how it's going to be this.
>>
>>29329407
how is that weird? luchalitten is allowed in vgc you know. they clearly wanted to give it something unique and appealing to use.
>>
>>29333068
Litten outspeeds Rowlet (Rowlet has the highest HP of the starters) and starter stat spread doesn't change much, so I don't see Arrowl being all that good if its only niche is as a glass cannon that gets outsped a lot.
>>
File: IMG_1619.jpg (14KB, 119x125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1619.jpg
14KB, 119x125px
>Oranguru used Instruct!

This gen is great for moves.
>>
>>29329131
Laser Focus is worthless.
>>
>>29333753
>Oranguru used Instruct!
>But it failed!
>>
Crits would be exciting if it was still 2x but no longer
Aurora Veil will bring back top tier stalling if the Siren isn't utter trash
>>
>>29334350
Such is your opinion.
>>
>>29334397
No, it's pretty much a fact. Robinhoot is getting KO'd if it tries this.
>>
>>29329131
Do we know if focus laser is an attacking move with that as a bonus? Because that's not awful if it is, but otherwise, even with sniper, that's not great
>>
>>29329131
Laser Focus is almost completely useless. Crits do 1.5x, so you would have a higher danage output just by using the same move twice. Unless Robinhoot gets some crazy new ability involving crits, you won't be seeing it on any set.

Same with Throat Chop. Weak, and totally niche unless you're fighting Exploud (because let's be honest Luchalitten won't be OU material), in which case you can probably outspeed and OHKO Exploud anyway.

Aurora Veil is the clear winner here. Poppmaid is probably gonna be OU, between Water/Fairy typing, this move, and whatever HA it could have.

Psychic Terrain is going to be useful since Tapu Psychic will automatically activate it. I can definitely see Tapu Psychic everywhere in OU, because it can stop priority and allow for better comebacks. Plus it can outspeed Scizor and HP Fire it to death without worrying about Burrito Punch.
>>
>>29334412
Oh, i wasnt aware you already played S/M. Go ahead and post your relevant data.
>>
>>29329131
Why would anyone use Laser Focus instead of Focus Energy with Scope Lens or a crit move?
>inb4 birb doesn't get focus energy
>>
>>29334505
Nope. It's just like Lock On.
>>
>>29334553
>You have to play S/M to recognize that a bad defensive typing can't handle getting hit or that a critical hit isn't worth two turns.
>>
File: sniper.png (5KB, 901x69px) Image search: [Google]
sniper.png
5KB, 901x69px
>>29334536
not great, but it helps
>>
>>29334601
>You are able to judge something without knowing the final product
>>
>Laser Focus
>crits deal 1.5x damage
>2 turns to deal 1.5 damage
>1.25 damage vs 2x damage

Fucking garbage.
>>
Swords Dance is better than Laser Focus in every way. It's a garbage signature move.
>>
>>29334641
>twink little piece of shit with terrible defensive typing
>able to survive any hit
Laser Focus is a wasted move on it instead of something like Swords Dance.
>>
>>29334641
We already know how grass/flying and critical hits work, idiot.
>>
>>29334678
>says that shithoot cant survive one turn to benefit from laser focus
>should use sword dance instead

Ok

But yes, the move is shit and the pokemon will be shit too.
>>
>>29334536
Psychic Terrain is a mixed feeling. I like running Scizor, but I fucking hate going against Talonflame.
>>
>>29334677
Laser Focus might be okay if you're mixed and don't want to predict the switch-in. But that's really situational and only really works if you have Sniper or some shit.
>>
Laser Focus isn't even useful in VGC so you have to wonder how stupid and out of touch GF is even with their official format.
>>
>>29334750
The point is that in order to set up on something as fragile as it, you need to bait your opponent into wasting a turn. With SD, you'll keep your 2x attack for as long as the birb is in play, while LF is only effective for one move.
If Laser Focus maximized the crit rate forever, on the other hand, it could be slightly less useless.
>>
File: 1474661984869.png (248KB, 453x462px) Image search: [Google]
1474661984869.png
248KB, 453x462px
>>29334674
>Opponent has +6 Def for some fucking reason
>Laser Focus
>2 turns to deal a ton more damage than usual

Fucking amazing.

Git gud famalama
>>
>>29334829
>opponent has +6 def and hasn't been dragon tailed/roared away
>hasn't had it's shit slapped by a switch in SpA sweeper as it tries to burn 3-6 turns pumping Def

Git gud.
>>
>>29329131
>psychic terrain
total meme. won't be played much
>throat chop
same as above. don't think stopping very specific kinds of moves will ever be used. taunt is used because it works on like half of all moves in the game
>auroa veil
most overpowered shit ever, especially because their giving it to a water/fairy. this is greninja all over again.
>laser focus
could be decent since robinhoot will probably get sniper or something similar as a hidden ability and a good movepool but his typing kills it. can't even laser focus on bulky water types because of ice beam
>>
>>29329131
Psychic Terrain: Extremely fucking good if it has an auto setter. Situational if you have to spend a turn on it. Depends a bit on format though.

Throat Chop: Useless. All of the useful sound move abusers resist fighting and most of them are relatively frail, so if you're predicting a switch in you'd be better off using an ice/steel coverage move to kill them. We get a new boomburst exploud counter though, lmao.

Aurora veil: Amazing if it has an auto setter, decent if it doesn't. it's literally both screens in one, and if it stacks with screens you'll be able to do some crazy set up stuff in 3v3 battlespot where status is less prevalent in particular.

Laser Focus: About as useful as mind reader.
>>
>>29329251
>X used Substitute!
>X used Protect!
>X used an ice move!
>>
>>29334879
>roared
What kind of shitmon are you using?
>>
>>29329251
>bulky mon is slower
>bulky mon takes a hit before using calm mind/stockpile/bulk up (lol who the fuck uses fucking bulk up)
>defense only rasied by 1 stage
>still deal 60-75% normal damage on second hit
>1.6-1.75x damage vs 1.5x damage

It's fucking trash.
>>
>>29335151
Considering his signature move and design, I am pretty sure he will get Sniper, which will increase the crit to 2.25x damage.
>>
>>29329131
I'm just hoping Laser Focus does damage on it's own.
>>
>>29333307
I wouldn't be surprised do is a stat shift happened in there final forms, considering GF is doing at this point whatever the hell they want, we shouldn't jump to fast to conclusions.
>>
>>29332912
It would make it able to pursuit trap Mega Garde if it is dark type, because of the fear of throat chopping
>>
>>29335247
Water Shuriken, Mystical Fire and Spiky Shield were all shit. I don't know why you people are expecting something viable.
>>
>>29335497
Water Shuriken isn't bad. It's just not good on Greninja.
>>
>>29335114
Suicune?????
>>
>>29335497
Spiky Shield is good, it's just Chesnaught that is bad.
>>
>>29335271
This
>>
>>29334561
>why would anyone rather waste a move slot and an item slot instead of wasting a turn
gee I wonder
>>
>aurora veil benefits stall
>laser focus will be great for stall breaking

I'm conflicted.
>>
>>29335868
>Focus Energy + Leaf Blade and such = 50% crits for as long as birb is liv
>Laser Focus = 1 crit
?????
And then you can use Scope Lens instead of something else if you want 50% crits with any move, or SL andcrit moves for 100% crits. With only one setup turn as opposed to setup turns all the time with LF.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.