[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf's DEEPEST LORE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: TreeOfLifePokemon.png (3MB, 1991x1286px) Image search: [Google]
TreeOfLifePokemon.png
3MB, 1991x1286px
Alright /vp/. I was planning on posting this kinda long ago.
Remember the Lake Trio? The most forgettable Legendary trio there is?
Well, they might be mostly thrash. But, they hold some of the DEEPEST LORE there is.

The Lake Trio "created the spiritual world", right? But, what does that actually mean?
They're "The being of emotion", "The being of willpower", and "The being of knowledge", riight? How the fuck is that related to the Spiritual World?
(And by "spiritual world", I mean non-physical world).

It's deeply connected to spiritual traditions such as Buddhism, Hermeticism, and ESPECIALLY, Kabbalah.

Here in pic one, there's the Kabbalistic Tree of Life.

Before I get to the point, I have to explain you what it is.

It's, uhm... kind of the "ingredients" of Reality.
Each Sephirah (sphere) on the Tree represent different aspects of Reality, and different aspects of every living being (including ourselves)

I had to split this shit in parts.
If you're interested in Pokémon's "hidden lore" and the occult, I recommend you to keep reading.
>>
>>29328044
First, there's Ain. Emptiness. The Void, the Ultimate Reality
(Where Arceus is located).
No time. No space. And no duality. Pretty much impossible to grasp and understand without deep meditation/revelation.
It's the ultimate truth. It'd take a whole thread to explain you what Emptiness/Ain/Shunyata is, so let's avoid that for now.
You could say, Emptiness IS God. Everything exists inside its consciousness.

Then, there's Ain Soph. Space & Time. The Infinite.
(Where Dialga and Palkia are located).
Space and Time are the most important aspects of Reality. And therefore, the first ones.
(Since Emptiness is Non-Reality, or Ultimate Reality, both are equally true).
At this point things are created, preserved, and destroyed. Since Space and Time are what allow Creation, Existence, and Destruction.
(This is why the question "Who created God?" is an invalid question. Since that implies putting God as subject to time.
Therefore subject to creation and destruction, subject to change and impermanence, which it's not)
As you know, Arceus first created Dialga and Palkia. This is a reflection of how Ain creates Ain Soph, how Non-Existence creates Existence, and so Reality takes place.

And then, there's Ain Soph Aur. Duality. The Infinite Light.
(Where Giratina is located)
Along with Space-Time, DUALITY is the other most important aspect of Reality.
As black & white exist, then so do gray and all colors.
As love & hatred exist, then so do all emotions.
Cold and heat create temperature, and so on.
You've all heard about the METAPHOR of Lucifer being "the creator of light", right?
Well, that's what it is, a metaphor.
Because creating light IMPLIES creating dark. And so hatred. And so all kind of duality.
(The Latin word for Devil, "Diablo", means "The one who divides", because it's the manifestation of Duality).
>So what does Giratina represent?
The exact same thing. Anti-matter exists so matter can exist, dark exists so light can exist, you name it.
>>
>>29328061
When X & Y first came out, a lot of people could see the connection between Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and the Tree of Life.
But that's it. No one made further research nor anything like that.

And so. Then there's Kether, the Crown, the center of the Universe.
(Where Mew is located)
Once Space, Time, and Duality, the three most important aspects of Reality are created, THEN the Universe can begin to exist.
Kether is the first vibration. The Big Bang. From this point all other Sephirah emanate from.
(Just like Mew created all Pokémon aside Arceus, the Creation Trio, and the Lake Trio).

Yadda yadda yadda, then there's Chokmah (Reshiram), Yang, the primordial Masculine energy, then, Binah (Zekrom), Yin, the primordial Femenine energy...
Let's not explain the whole Sephiroth thing now.

>WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING LAKE TRIO?
With that out of the way, you'll understand this better.

There are 4 worlds/planes in the Tree.
One of them is physical, the other 3 of them are non-physical.
That's what the games reffer to as "the spiritual world".
First, we have Atziluth, the World of Emanation. The Spiritual Plane. THE WILL. Fire/Plasma. The soul.
(As seen in the second pic)
THIS is what Azelf represents.
His very name, A-Self is a reference to this. The "Self" is a term commonly assosiated with the notion of "Individuality", of "Individual existence"
(As Ain is not individual existence, but unity with God, unity with the True Self, non-individuality).
So, the Spiritual Plane, the (individual) Soul, is the last place where Individuality exists. Once one goes further, one reaches Nirvana, and unity with the Absolute.
This is where the Self resides.

Then, we have Briah, the World of Creation. The Mental Plane. KNOWLEDGE. Wind/Gas. The mind.
(As shown in the second pic)
And this is what Uxie is supposed to represent.
Kinda unnecessary to explain.
>>
>>29328078
And so, then there's Yetzirah, the World of Formation. The Emotional Plane. EMOTION. Water/Liquid. Pretty obvious.
(See second pic)
This is exactly what Mesprit is all about.

... and then Assiah, the World of Action. The Physical Plane. The body. Earth/Solid.
At first, it didn't make any sense the whole "Willpower, knowledge and emotion creating the spiritual world, but now you see the reason behind it.
HOLD ON, IT GOES DEEPER. THEIR FUCKING DESIGNS ARE BASED OFF EACH WORLD

There are 3 Trinities in the Tree of Life.
(Second pic shows it...)

Atziluth is the only Trinity which looks like an upside triangle, right?
THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT AZELF'S HEAD LOOKS LIKE. Atziluth is also assosiated with the element of Fire, which in Alchemy, it's also represented with an upside triangle.

Then, Briah's Trinity, is at the very center of the Tree. Tiphareth, AKA the Sephirah that's in Uxie's head, IS the Tree's center.
That's the reason behind the form of Uxie's head, it connects the lower with the upper. It's circle-shaped, representing the center of the Tree.

And then Yetzirah's Trinity, is what connects ALL OTHER WORLDS with Malkuth/Assiah/the Physical plane. All three Sephiroth that compose it are connected to Malkuth, the only part of the Tree that Malkuth connects with.
So that's the reason behind Mesprit's head. It looks like it has some sort of "roots", since it connects all other worlds with the Physical world.
>>
>>29328089
Ever wondered why they all a third-eye Crystal, and two tails, with identical crystals on them?
You probably guessed it because of pic 2. Yes, they represent each Sephirah in the Tree (aside from Malkuth, the only Sephirah from Assiah. Daath isn't even considered a Sephirah, usually).
Each Trinity, each plane/world.

Why the fuck would Helio need those crystals to control Dialga and Palkia? Because by using them, he was using the power of the entire Tree of Life, the power of all existence.
After "climbing" the Tree of Life one reaches Ain Soph Aur and Ain Soph. So, having control over all 10 Sephiroth, he could acces Ain Soph (Dialga & Palkia).
Giratina attacking him and so, could be assosiated with the fact that he didn't go through Ain Soph Aur first.

>In Mystery Dungeon, Uxie and Azelf were males, while Mesprit was a female
This TOO is inspired by the world they represent.

Fire(Azelf) = Pure Masculine energy, pure Yang.
Wind(Uxie) = Yang with a bit of Yin, mostly Masculine energy.
Water(Mesprit) = Pure Femenine energy, pure Yin.
Earth = Yin with a bit of Yang, mostly Femenine energy.
(This is the reason behind their Alchemical symbols, by the way).
You could also point at the fact that Uxie's head's color is the same as Tiphareth's, and Mesprit's, Yesod's. But since Azelf's head isn't white(Atziluth), then there's probably not a connection there.
I mean, you could say it's a reference to Daath (which would be perfect, considering its Chakra's color), but still.
>>
>>29328098
Surprisingly enough, no one pointed these conections before. The Lake Trio's design is one of the deepest, if not THE deepest designs there are in Pokémon.
Too bad their shitty Abilities and Types makes them overshadowed by Deoxys, Mew, and Mewtwo...

If they ever get new forms in a Gen IV remake (which is most likely the case), I can ASSURE you Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf will be Psychic/Flying, Psychic/Water, and Psychic/Fire, respectively.

They may just remake Platinum and make Arceus the box legend desu. You know they released Platinum after Heart Gold and Soul Silver, since the symbol for Gold and Silver are the Sun and Moon, while the symbol of Platinum IS the Sun+Moon symbols.

As Gen IV will get the next remakes, and the new games (Sun/Moon) share symbols with (Gold/Silver), it's pretty safe to assume it's gonna be a Platinum remake.
Plus, the symbol for Platinum IS in Arceus' eyes.

Thank you for reading through my bullshit and I hope you've learned a new thing or two, kinda.
Tell me what you think /vp/
(Sorry for my bad English)
>>
>>29328061

God was created by another God.
>>
>>29328134
It's turtles all the way down.
>>
Great read, OP. Thanks.
>>
>>29328170
We QI senpai now.
>>
>>29328170
God-turtle-stack pokemon when?
>>
File: Sweeting.png (224KB, 343x307px) Image search: [Google]
Sweeting.png
224KB, 343x307px
>>29328044
B-but Demons!
Tell me about Demons!
>>
File: Roothoot1.jpg (34KB, 532x414px) Image search: [Google]
Roothoot1.jpg
34KB, 532x414px
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THE OWL IS REAL
>>
Who cares, they are boring and ugly.
>>
>>29328404
You're projecting again, Timothy.
>>
Hey I have something that can help your theory's To add to it zygarde's chest has 5 colors in it

The colors are represented by

Red - yveltal
Orange - Solgaleo
Blue - Xerneas
Purple - Lunala
White - Arceus

Also in sun moon data mining they found a symbol that's shaped like the golden harness around Arceus and said its related to a new mega/primal type of mechanic. Seems like Gamefreak put it in the coding ahead of time to prepare for the platinum remake
>>
File: image.png (269KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
269KB, 750x1334px
Here I screenshotted it from the data mining video
>>
finaly someone
>>
Actually it makes a lot of sense, I always figured the DP were based more in Christian mythology than people realized with a big of Japanese mythology and seems so.

What would be really cool if they retyped them like that, though we also have to remember Uxie is the Mirror of Knowledge, Azelf the Kusanagi (grass-cutting blade) and Mespirit the jewel of benevolence from Japanese lore. Though it would be tricky it could be possible to retype them as Fairy/- or just stick with Psychic/-, give them better fitting abilities (like they should the Regis, legendary Beasts, and Birds)

Just the reason why I say tricky is because of Kusanagi usually is associated with controlling the wind :P BUT if we say it's heated air that leads to control over fire for Azelf, and cool air that leads to control over water for Mespirit (as the jewel could be kinda tied to tide jewels) I can see it working out.

Though either way OP I totally can see it being part of that, it does suck Nintendo didn't do more and give them such typings, but I think its because of the whole "Azelf is representing Fire for the Kabbalah but Water/Flying for the Kusanagi and in sense Susanoo."

That's also the other thing. If ANY of you know Japanese Mythology, there's a super important set of deities called Amaterasu, Susanooo and to a lesser point Tsukiyomi. I always thought it was weird GF never made direct references to them, even when it would be cool to have a third-legged sun crow, three legged evil frog and bad-ass anthromorphic shark-dragon for the Sun Goddess, Moon God and Susanoo respectively.

In fact you can imagine why I and a lot of people thought SM were FINALLY gonna be when they were gonna do them and tie them into the Arceus story cause Arceus is like Izanagi and Giratina seems like Izanami, with Dialga and Palkia being whoever along with the Lake Trio.

But beggars can't be choosers and from what it seems maybe the Lake Trio are stand-ins for these Kami and their relics.
>>
>>29328078
>His very name, A-Self is a reference to this. The "Self" is a term commonly assosiated with the notion of "Individuality", of "Individual existence"

Wrong, because Azelf's Japanese name is Ag-gnome. There's no self here, just will.

>>29328114
>You know they released Platinum after Heart Gold and Soul Silver
Wrong again, they released HGSS AFTER Platinum.

Cool ideas, but I'm pretty sure this is all a happy coincidence.
>>
>taking the time to write all that autistic headcanon out.

Way to be a faggot.
>>
>>29330671
>anything that takes effort is for autists
t. (You)
>>
ITT Jews thinking they're important enough to influence Japanese entertainment systems.
>>
ZANKOKU NA UB NO TEEZE
>>
>>29330686
>saying this
>after we literally have Behemoth, Leviathan and Ziz trio in Gen 3
>And Jewish Golem trio
>>
File: a1476971462120.png (1MB, 1800x2300px) Image search: [Google]
a1476971462120.png
1MB, 1800x2300px
they got mentioned in this thread as well:
>>29308737
>>
>>29330686
if anything right now it's a trend to make your japanese game jewish. Yugioh's been doing it for like a year now, and as >>29330737 pointed out, Pokemon did it again just last gen.
>>
Wtf I like the lake trio now.
>>
Then will we get a fourth lake guardian which represents the physical plane?
>>
>>29328078
>then there's Chokmah (Reshiram), Yang, the primordial Masculine energy, then, Binah (Zekrom), Yin, the primordial Femenine energy...
>Let's not explain the whole Sephiroth thing now.
But aren't Reshiram and Zekrom just halves of an alien dragon that happen to match with the Yin Yank?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.