[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z-Move Viability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (36KB, 674x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 674x428px
So now that we know how Z-Moves work and change thanks to the demo, which Pokemon do you think will benefit from them the most?

Do you think Hidden Power will allow you to use the Z-Crystal of the same type? Discuss.
>>
>>29327514
I wonder how the Z-moves are gonna make weaker pokemon usable "I read it in some interview".

I don't get why I wont put it on a stronger mon that won't turn into dick after using it.
>>
>So now that we know how Z-Moves work and change thanks to the demo
We do? Can you please explain some shit to me then?
If I have a Raichu with Volt Tackle and Zap Cannon, and I give it the Electric Z Crystal, how does it decide which move to associate it with?
Continuing on, how does it determine how much BP to add onto the move?
>>
>>29327563
Ok so, based off of the Pikachu given to you by Kukui in the demo, and the ones you can catch in the Pokemon Catching Challenge, the Electrium Z changed three different Electric moves in three different ways:

Thunderbolt makes Gigavolt Havoc turn into a 175 BP special attack.

Electro Ball makes Gigavolt Havoc turn into a 160 BP special attack.

Nuzzle makes Gigavolt Havoc turn into a 100 BP physical attack.

Meaning every move in the game turns into a set amount of BP physical/special attacking move. I don't think we know of any formula or algorithm yet aside from those 3 Electric moves that I listed.
>>
>>29327556
Because maybe someone dont like big scary pokemon.
>>
>>29327612
I like the fact we will be able to see and test it in game and decide what attacks we shall use for MAXIMUM POWER.
>>
>>29327563
>>29327612
Oh, and it doesn't determine which move it changes into the Z-Move. All moves of the associated type are changed into different BP physical/special moves like I explained.
>>
>>29327631
I'm confused then, I don't really remember using Gigavolt Havoc in the demo for pretty evident reasons. When you choose to use it, do you then pick which move it uses as its base?
>>
>>29327645
In my example of the Pikachus you can catch in the Pokemon Catching Challenge, they know Electro Ball and Nuzzle. When you click the Z-Power button, two different Gigavolt Havocs show up on the move list, both with different properties like I explained above. Does that make sense?
>>
>>29327678
OH okay. Fuck I'm stupid. Maybe I should have tried experimenting more. Thanks anon.

In that regard, I suspect Hidden Power's type may be visible when it's on a Pokemon. It has to tell you whether it's super effective or not, after all, so they might as well just show the type. If that's the case, I presume you can use the crystal that matches its type.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.