[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Corocoro Totem Battle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1476888977170.jpg (232KB, 2048x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1476888977170.jpg
232KB, 2048x1520px
What do you think about the first Totem battle? Ignore the nip autism, remember that this was published by a children's magazine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rADvOOpsSAM
>>
Seems solid for being the first totem

I'm not gonna lie and pretend it'll actually be difficult, but it looks like a fittingly hard fight by pokemon standards

Hopefully this shuts the idiots up how beleive the demo is taken straight from the game
>>
File: HappyDoof.gif (110KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
HappyDoof.gif
110KB, 500x282px
>>29327282
>Crabrawler found early in game
YES
>>
>Level 12 Totem vs level 12 starter and a few under level 10
That's expected.
>Shreds the fuck out of a level 12 starter
One Scary Face is enough to fuck up your starter, damn.
>Pikipek used Rock Smash
Woah, that's a scary bird.
>408 exp
That's a lot of damn exp, but the difficulty is worth the reward here.

Not so bad. I didn't think the first totem would be anything, but it fucked him up something bad.
>>
What do people think of the levels?

Did they give them an underleveled team to make it look harder or is it meant to be your level? Will having exp share off make this an actually difficult pokemon game?
>>
>>29327282
Jesus Christ that thing hits hard.
>>
>>29327282
So do the totem mons actually have AI given to them or are they still doing random shit like wild Pokemon do?
>>
>>29327282
It's actually... okay. I still think the 'totem battles' concept is stupid and in no way replaces the competitive spirit of the league, but I hope they can at least put up some decent fights in the game, that's the only thing to hope for at this point.
>>
>>29327282
Well seems pretty solid
Level: I'm always at that level (or lower) for the first gym
I almost always have problem in the first Gym (except with Brock) So... It's nothing new to me
Earlier gyms are usually balanced

Anyone else playing with this rule?: You have to defeat the Totem After beating the other one
>>
>>29327282
>Lv 12 Litten
>Outsped by totem Gumshoos
>Lv.10 Crabrawler
>Outsped the Totem Gumshoos

Hu-wuh...
>>
>>29327451
What is scary face?
>>
>>29327436
They have A.I. or set tactics already, notice the Demo's Totem Hakamo-o uses Automatize first move.
>>
Wow having Crabrawler and not using it till the end tp pretend the battle is hard
>>
>>29327412
Well in the e3 playthrough, Popplio was at high level eight almost spilling over to nine after defeating Hau at the festival. This is presumably your second battle against him, since they say you fight him once before and Popplio starts at six. You could already catch pokemon on the route before Hau's second battle as well, but they were all level 3ish. Assuming that bramble clearing is as the reviewers say, a maze for the totem prevos with brief skull encounter, it should be about an accurate level. With or without the exp share, I'll let you decide.
>>
>>29327412
Why would it be less than your level?
>>
>>29327457
Ah, thought Scary face lowered attack and tail wag lowered speed.
>>
>>29327469
Grinding and exp share probably.
>>29327467
Forgot to mention that they fooled around in the grass for a bit before the second Hau battle, so it wasn't directly point a to b.
>>
>>29327467
e3 demos go as far as disabling damage for some games so they're a bit suspect, but you make a good point

>>29327469
Play XY/ORAS with exp share and everything is less than your level
>>
>>29327282
If those things aren't immune to staus/debuffs it should be a walk in the park unfortunately. That's the problem when you have only one actual threat.
>>
>>29327502
>grinding
>ever
I don't think exp share overlevels you now either with the gen 5 exp formula.
>>
>>29327282
HERO CRAB
E
R
O

C
R
A
B
>>
>>29327517
Forgot that was in.
Also for translation, crabrawlers moves were bubble, rock smash, and leer.
>>
>>29327465
Seeing Litten being unable to take it on at the same level was an interesting look though. It's pretty obvious the video was staged.
>>
>>29327516
Assists could act as support
>>
File: 1466897121016.png (401KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466897121016.png
401KB, 638x480px
How many pokemon can the Totem spawn?
Is it just two or can it spawn more in the later stages of the game?
>>
>>29327282
My nigga Crabrawler bringing in the hurt, solidifying its stay on my team. I hope its evo really is Ice/Fighting, never raised an Ice type before (well, I had a Lapras in gen 1 but it was more of an HM slave than anything)
>>
>>29327555
We only saw the demo and this one, so it beats me. Both times the pokemon didn't respawn, and the battle didn't end if the totem was the first to go down. Then again, I doubt a non-demo totem will summon a rockruff.
>>
>>29327282
>Totem Raticate has Gumshoos's cry in the cutscene
Well, it's pretty obvious what the base game was.
>>
>Gumshoos has to have a defense drop from yungoose's leer and possibly pikipek's rock smash before cravrawler could dent it.
> litten got wrecked
Seems like it won't dissapoint.
>>
>>29327957
You are Right

Hope they fix it for the release or with an update
>>
>>29327451
>>29327457
To be fair, despite first turn its speed stat probably is cranked up slightly too.
>>
>>29327532
I remember a lot of my classmates in elementary got fucked up by that Rocket Grunt with the early Raticate.

Almost none of them evolved their starter yet by then either, so it isn't too hard to believe.
>>
>>29327282
The fact they got their ass kicked without crabrawler reminds me of people's issues with Miltank.
This could be interesting since my fighting type is either on the 4th island, or from an egg and is almost certainly not going to be a fighting type yet at that point.
>>
>>29328355
Don't be too sure, these guys went in blind, us here could very well go in knowing exactly what to expect and structure the team around it, making the fight easier than its intended to be.
This is why, while Gamefreak is making the games easier, its actually the knowledge that we, the player have that is the biggest cause of ease.
>>
>>29327465
>using a fighting mon against a normal mon is easy

You don't say
>>
That seemed like a fun challenge.

I'm going to have to keep myself from overleveling and ruining everything like I always do though.
>>
>>29327282
>Gumshoos' Bite dealing this much damage
It has to be Strong Jaw, obviously.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.