[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Z

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
Guys, I think I cracked the code. I figured out not only why Z was cancelled, but why SM runs so badly. Gamefreak got seriously screwed over by nintendo.
>gamefreak plans out gen 6: XY in 13, ORAS in 14, then skip a year to finish the generation on the anniversary with Z in 16
>XY finished, gamefreak makes the new zygarde forms for Z and starts planning
>nintendo reveals the Switch to gamefreak, says that it's going to be released in 2016, and that it's not going to be backwards compatible with the 3DS
>shit! we can't release a pokemon game that can't even be played on the newest handheld! and we can't just port Z, that would be really weird to split a generation like that
>okay, new plan, Z cancelled, gen 7 released on the anniversary for the Switch.
>new pokedex is shaped like a tablet because the Switch is a tablet
>because the switch is "more than a handheld", the pokedex is "more than a pokedex" ie they put a rotom in it
>"it all comes together" was supposed to be a marketing joke on the switch being where handhelds and consoles come together
>everything set up, SM is set to be a launch title for the Switch, released in November 2016
>late 2015, SM 80% finished
>oops, sorry, the switch is being delayed to 2017!
>gamefreak is fuming, refuses to not release a game in 2016
>emergency port SM to the 3DS, plan to release on the original release date
>the port is kind of shit, doesn't have 3d, and runs slow in battles but it's the best they can do with the time they have
Note that this probably means we'll get the original SM as a switch launch title and the rest of gen 7 will be on the switch.
>>
File: weirdalfoil_2322.jpg (40KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
>>29325878
Don't forget that Game Freak is also run by lizard people who live inside the hollow earth and faked the moon landing
>>
SM runs fine on the N3DS, which Nintendo has wanted you to buy since months before ORAS came out but you still fucking haven't.
>>
>>29325878
Interesting.
I would agree if Pokémon weren't one of Nintendo's poster children. I really don't think they would be stupid enough to fuck over them like that, especially since Nintendo owns a large part of TPCi.
>>
>>29325954
No, it doesn't.
>>
>implying Z was ever planned
>being this fucking delusional
>>
THE POKEDEX ROTOM WAS A NINTENDO SWITCH REFERENCE ALL ALONG
>>
I could see it.
>>
File: 1469593693345.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1469593693345.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>29325932
>>
>>29325972
But it does. Better than Gen VI did on O3DS, anyways.

Also GF said back in 2014 they weren't doing a Z.
>>
>>29326018
Z, sequels, whatever.
They were clearly planning one more set of gen 6 games. They wouldn't have put in room for 6 games in the code.
>>
>>29325932
nice try, shitposter
the hollow earth theory can't be real when the earth is flat
>>
>>29326059
Devs put in placeholders and extra slots that just never get used all the time. Wouldn't even be a first for Pokemon.
>>
>>29326150
I mean that plus zygarde existing at all seems to imply something.
Actually, now that I think about it
>Also GF said back in 2014 they weren't doing a Z.
Z was definitely cancelled by then anyways.
>>
>>29325878

>It's Nintendo's fault that Gamefreak is incompetent!

If it wasn't for Nintendo, Gamefreak would have been just another shiity forgotten company that died off.
>>
>>29326059
They decided to make SuMo 'gen 7' even though it looks exactly like gen 6 is because they wanted to abolish megas. Most effective way to do that is to boost it up a 'gen,' because items have never been transferable between gens.

It looks like gen 6, it plays like gen 6, but it's not gen 6 because megas.
>>
>>29326232
>megas are confirmed in the game
You tried.
>>
>>29325878
Masuda stated in an interview this a few days ago that ALL Pokemon games are going to be played on HANDHELD Nintendo consoles.

Its a 50-50, but I don't see Nintendo dropping the dual screens for quite some time in the near future.
>>
>>29326247
It does feel kind of strange though that they're not introducing any new megas into SM, but still allowing you to use the old megas, whilst banning them from official competitions.

It feels like they don't know what to do with it. Alolan forms don't even feel like a sufficient replacement either since there are so few of them. I'm genuinely curious what kind of turmoil GF is going through to appear so half-hearted.
>>
>>29325878
The only thing i can see Nintendo pressing on GF is that they had to make the game run in the O3DS instead of it being a N3DS exclusive, with them releasing a new model of the 2DS and how bundles of it with SM preinstaled means that any new fan could get the game for cheap
>>
>>29326324
They're only banned from the first season of the official competitions; first season is Alola Dex only
Guessing 2nd season will be all except legendaries and then 3rd/last will be no restrictions (Primals/Box Legendaries and Ultra Beasts with limit of number on team)
>>
>>29326277
The Switch is a handheld Nintendo console
>>
Honestly you are all stupid. Masuda even said in an interview that creating pokemon takes longer now because of the 3d models. Now they have to come up with concept art, long before they start working on the game. They have to work closely with several different departments just to create the concepts of the pokemon, where as before DP they wold jus start creating the mons in game. That's just the mons. You still have to create a story, build a world, create characters, figure out extra features, and all the little details in between. All of that takes a lot of time. Then you have the play testing and polishing and a ton more. For these games that people want it would take several years in development. Which means no new games for quite awhile. Then everyone throws a bitch fit because a year or two was skipped. And new tech doesn't mean anything. We saw it in gen 5. They supported original DS and not 3ds. Honestly be glad you have some pokemon game to play next month instead of hearing nothing for another year. Also gamefreak would have been one of the first deves Nintendo would have given the software to to create a game for it. So now the real question comes down to this. Would you rather have a new game every year or two or one every 3 or 4?
>>
>>29326420
>or one every 3 or 4?

If it meant the games would be better, this.
>>
>>29326407
Nintendo goes out of their way to call it a home console, not a handheld.
>>
>>29325878
>le Z was cancelled meme
I want you to die, OP. You and everyone else who insists Z was always a thing.
>>
>>29326324
>I'm genuinely curious what kind of turmoil GF is going through to appear so half-hearted.
I believe that as the technology progresses and the games grow larger on a technical level, the amount and quality of labor necessary to make a game that looks and feels complete continues to rise. The cost in man-hours is exceeding the amount of actual time they have to concoct, construct, test, and release a full generation.
I believe they will have to actually spend more time, more months more years, building and polishing a newer generation for it to feel as whole as an older one does. GameFreak is not suffering, but their quality of work is.
>>
>>29326407
Its both to be precise.
>>
>>29326464
Do you have any indication of this?
90% of the trailer was showing it being used as a handheld.
>>
>>29326528
Their fucking site yesterday said "Nintendo's next home console" on the teaser page, for one.
>>
>>29326554
And it is the next home console.
It's also the next portable console
THAT'S
THE
ENTIRE
FUCKING
POINT
>>
>>29326464
So you're telling me they're going to release a dedicated handheld down the line? By doing so they'll be competing with their own product, as over half the trailer was showing the Switch being used in its handheld format.
That'd be a whole new level of stupid for Nintendo.
>>
>>29325878
I also kinda believe that Gamefreak was trying to make the Pokemon Anime studio to move on from Ash.

Remove Gyms and the League
>Ash can no longer attempt to become a Pokemon Master

Make it so you have to be 11 to compete in Island Trials
>Ash is still 10

Introduce beings which run on instinct and are not capable of intelligent conversation with Humans/Pokemon (That are not mind controlled or Golems)
>Ash can no longer save the day using compassion and love/OR has to beat them into submission

Plant a crazy theory that its gonna be the end of this Pokemon world and the next games are going to be a hard reboot with no old pokemon existing in that universe. (Kind of a stretch)
>Pokemon Anime will self destruct if that happens

I see so many reason why Gamefreak wants Ash to move on but the anime is scared to take severely drastic measures (competing with Yokai watch isn't one of them)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.