[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GF should remove Ice entirely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1623.jpg (23KB, 382x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1623.jpg
23KB, 382x268px
Absolutely no reason to have the type. Hail does nothing, they give ice beam (probably the most relevant ice move) to everything under the sun. Fairy does a better job of killing dragons and is outright immune to them. Grass (another shafted type) will loses a weakness, ice resists nothing relevant, most of them are slow and have shit defenses.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>29325856

>Absolutely no reason to have the type
>they give ice beam (probably the most relevant ice move) to everything under the sun

But if they got rid of ice type, nothing would have ice beam. Also, STAB.

>Fairy does a better job of killing dragons

Ice is 4x effective to most dragons.

Originally, ice type was most effective for giving water types something to defend against grass types with.
>>
>>29325856
>what were they thinking
Dragon type would have had no weaknesses in gen 1.

That being said we are now in gen 6 about to be 7, and I think ice type is generally irrelevant, but it's still one of my favorite types. It's neat.
>>
>ITT we remove things because we don't like them due to our autism

Lets get rid of Aegislash too.
>>
File: 1461070478584.png (25KB, 184x135px) Image search: [Google]
1461070478584.png
25KB, 184x135px
>Hail now increases the Defense stat of Ice-type Pokemon by 50% for its duration.
>Water-type Pokemon no longer take damage from Hail.
>Ice-type equivalents of Sand Rush and Sand Force are introduced.
>Ice-type is no longer weak to Rock-type and resists Ground and Flying-type.

How does this change the meta?
>>
>>29325856
As both a Grassfag and a Dragonfag, I detest all Ice types aside from Abomasnow and Kyurem.
>>
File: 1474378582056.jpg (64KB, 632x569px) Image search: [Google]
1474378582056.jpg
64KB, 632x569px
>>29325856

>Tfw two of the new Ice-types introduced this gen are probably slow as shit and defensively oriented.
>>
File: eQ20E.jpg (82KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
eQ20E.jpg
82KB, 384x313px
>>29325856
originally it was for countering dragons
but that ship has sailed with the advent of faries
>>
inb4 ice type buff in SM. Screenshot just in case
>>
File: hmmmm.jpg (12KB, 529x351px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmm.jpg
12KB, 529x351px
>>29325962
>>29326193
What if GF makes Ice Type moves have a 20% more chance to freeze Water Pokemon?
>>
>>29327294
They should just add Icy terrain that speed up all ice types and slow downs others
>>
How to fix ice type:
resist fighting and ground
>>
File: 0na10.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0na10.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>29327725
>Resist fighting

It needs resist normal, electric and maybe fairy,
>>
Hail increases the Defense and Special Defense of Ice-type pokemon +1 at the end of every two turns.
Or
Hail increases Defense and Speed of Ice-type pokemon
>>
Make Hail increase the speed of Ice-type pokemon by 25%
Make Ice resistant to Water and Fairy
>>
>>29325856
Anon, in Monotype, Ice isn't that bad, it gets Weavile and Cloyster.
>>
>>29325962
Ice should lose its Fighting weakness, but keep its Rock weakness, since Rock doesn't have much going for it as-is. Also, it should gain a resistance or two. I dunno, it resists Fairy and Flying. Fuck it.
>>
I'm still confused why we need ground, rock, and steel.

Does steel do something in the lore that rock doesn't? Does it serve a different purpose within designspace?

Why exactly defines ground vs rock?
>>
>>29328118
It should resist flying, grass and water.

GF should really give ice shard better distribution.
>>
>>29325962
>buffing water types

All it needs is the 50% defense boost in hail and the resistance to ground and flying.

>>29327294
too complicated, retarded, and bad
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.