[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time you had fun in a pokemon game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1474689582679.png (988KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474689582679.png
988KB, 1920x1200px
When was the last time you had fun in a pokemon game?
>>
>>29324371

Sun/Moon Demo
>>
>>29324371
Yesterday, while playing Black 2.
>>
>>29324371
B/W rom hack a few years ago
>>
>>29324371
Collecting all the social link on super mystery dungeon
>>
File: man-noose-around-neck-22780626.jpg (40KB, 298x450px) Image search: [Google]
man-noose-around-neck-22780626.jpg
40KB, 298x450px
>>29324371
Rescuing people in Super Mystery Dungeon. I can't even remember the last time I had fun with a mainline game.
>>
>>29324371
Before I got into competitive, I just needed to beat the league with my beloved mons to feel like the best in the world... Now I can't enjoy a game because I always care about natures, stats, movepool, etc.
>>
Yesterday when I rode a Tauros in the demo but don't worry that fun was balanced out at my rage after catching pokémon in the pokémon catching competition and realizing I cannot keep any of them.
>>
Does out of game content count? Because I was having a good time watching people freak the fuck out during the demo leaks.

Otherwise, I haven't for a while. I'm holding all my excitement in for when I play SM for a day before finishing the story.
>>
>>29324441
>that fun was balanced out at my rage after catching pokémon in the pokémon catching competition and realizing I cannot keep any of them.
Don't forget the almost claustrophobic area you're restricted to do it in.
>>
>>29324432
That's why I don't really care about Nature's and stats or EV training during the main story all that usually can wait until afterwards.
>>
>>29324503
B-but anon it's just a demo I'm sure the full game will be fine
>inb4 full game is bad too
Don't worry we've got gen 8 to look forward too, yeah gen 8! No way will two shit gens continue the trend with another shit gen because who doesn't love patterns more than gamefreak.
>>
File: 1474178652244.jpg (36KB, 570x329px) Image search: [Google]
1474178652244.jpg
36KB, 570x329px
>>29324371
5th gen. 6th has been a huge low point for me. And Sun and Moon threaten to be another with alolan forms and gen 1 pandering that keeps plauguing this franchise
>>
A couple hours ago.
>>
Pokemon Platinum. Games have been shit since then.
>>
>>29324371
Been a long time since I didn;t have fun.
As long as you don't count the online matches against those stall kiddies in which case I did NOT have fun.
>>
>>29324371
ORAS were fun games you guys are just overly negative retards
>>
Booting up XY to just walk around
>>
>>29324371
Omega ruby since im a hoenn baby
>>
File: 1471303395492.jpg (107KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1471303395492.jpg
107KB, 500x334px
>>29327297
Couldn't deliver a mediocre post game
> stop hating on my favorite game franchise
>I'll keep shilling this till it dies
>>
>>29324895
>Gen 5 was good
You realize that was the gen that started the downhill trend, right? Gen 6 wasn't the one to get rid of the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>29327368
Gen 5 had the best games in the series. What downhill trend are you talking about?
>>
>>29327381
Gen 5 was when they decided to start removing features left and right in favor of junk. Gen 5 was when the Pokemon design quality took a massive nosedive and we started getting recolors. Gen 5 was where they decided that one legendary and one Battle Tower clone was a decent enough postgame.
>>
>>29324371
When I played Pokemon Snap as a kid.
>>
>>29327403
Honestly, Gen 5 was the only time I enjoyed the post game. The battle frontier was lame for me, as it was just challenge battles. The tower/t was great because it was a challenge and your Pokemon still leveled up.

Gen 5+ designs are fine, and they're subjective anyway.

And this is coming from a Hoennbaby.
>>
>>29324371
As a kid I would play Pokemon Red/Blue on my Game Boy Color for hours on end. Back then I could actually have fun playing video games without needing to interact with others through link battles or chatrooms. I was totally content just playing game by myself. It was a much simpler time. Nowadays I can't really have fun unless the game I'm playing has online Multiplayer so I can show off my sick skills if being completely honest. Otherwise if just feels like I'm wasting my time. I feel like this happens to everyone as they grow up - you realize you're not going to live forever and time becomes much more important so you tend to start deviating from activities that aren't productive. This is also my theory why us 20-something year olds (I just turned 23 four days ago, on the 17th) plays less or completely stop playing video games once we hit like 18-20 year old. The last time I actually had fun in a Pokemon game....I mean that question is loaded. I can still have fun, thst's not the problem. It's just now I subconsciously worry about technical stuff like Natures, or graphics because I'm older and have background in computer languages and technology in genrral so I can spot laziness on a whim now so it stands out too much. Eh....I kind of went off on a tangent here but I think I got my message across.
> tl;dr I can still have fun, but I'm older now and require top-notch work from game devs if I really want to be satisfied unlike when I was a naive 10 year old
>>
Black 2 probably, X didn't really feel that enjoyable and AS was only fun nostalgically.
>>
I played Y after not having played since Platinum. Y was fucking awesome, though admittedly I haven't touched endgame at all.

AS was fun too, but I definitely think a lot more of it because I've played Emerald at least 10 times through. I didn't really dig the exploration skips, but riding around on Latias was pretty sick.

Pokemon is still fun.
>>
>>29327488
>Letting the socially mandated capitalist need to be productive influence your enjoyment
Don't let the bourgeoisie get you down, anon. Just do you, and let that little kid in you play Pokemon again.
>>
>>29324371

just a few minutes ago trying to get a living dex in soul silver.
>>
>>29324371
maybe six or seven years ago
>>
>all these sad fucks who continue to post on a containment board for a game they no longer love

wew

Anyways, I had fun yesterday, when I was playing the sm demo. I had fun earlier this week too, when I played X for a bit before breaking out new vidya purchases/finishing up any random games before starting sequels.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.