[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Gamefreak hate them, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: f97.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
f97.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
Why does Gamefreak hate them, /vp/?
>>
>>29323052
No megas.
>>
>>29323052
Two of my all time favorites. They need some love.
>>
>>29323052

Game freak don't hate them and mega evolution or any alternative forms don't make a Pokémon better or worst.

The Pokémon is perfect as it is.
>>
>>29323052
Mirror Coat Milotic for life.
>>
Everyday I wish milotic had her type retconned to fairy, or a fairy mega.
>>
I still can't believe Milotic didn't get a mega evolution. It's like mind blowing
>>
File: 1466643560593.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1466643560593.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>29324799
You know the thing that gets me right up there with no mega? The fact that they suddenly decided shoehorn Altaria as the contest icon instead of the one who's evolution gimmick was originally tied to them. I want to know who's bright idea both were and slap them.
>>
>>29325270
How the fuck do you think Flygon feels about Aarune

ORAS needed more time, I blame Masuda
>>
>>29325270

You're like, the only person who caresabout contests
>>
>>29325326
I don't really, but it was always nice knowing Milotic's street cred as beauty mvp.

I do miss OG berry blending though. That shit was fun.
>>
>>29325326
It's not about caring about the contests. Milotic line was tied to beauty obtained with the puffs
>>
When Sun and Moon was originally announced, I bred and bred and bred to get a shiny Feebas, thinking surely Alola would be the perfect setting for Mega Milotic. Finally got one, was super hyped. Named it, EV trained it, and put it in the bank still at level 1, to start the adventure with. Yeah.......... fml.

Also thought Flygon, Fearow, Dragonite, and the 2nd gen starters would get megas too, so I bred (some HA) 5/6 perfect IV ones of all. What a giant waste of time.
>>
My theory is that they dont want to ruin their good designs with potentially shitty mega/alola forms.
>>
At the very least, I'm glad the both of them made it into the Alola dex and are still really good ingame after four generations.
>>
>>29327111
Every Pokémon can be good ingame.
>>
They're not bad, just outclassed. It happens.
>>
>>29327244
I said really good though. They're above average.
>>
>>29326041
Actually it was originally the Pokeblocks in RSE. But nice try Sinnohfetus.
>>
>>29323052
> any pokemon
> isnt genwun
Its gonna get cucked senpai thats just the way it is
>>
>>29326246
>EV trained it
>still at level 1
yeah, no.
>>
>>29330517

Super training. Though getting max EV's through it on a low level pokemon takes forever.
>>
>>29323052
>milotic
>given god tier anti-intimidate ability that lets it pressure the opponent from the beginning of team preview
>good bulk
>'hated'
>>
Guys the real issue is dipstick Ken Sugimori, since 5th gen he's been on a crazy on/off amount of artist block. He's even admitted in interviews that he had Mega-Flygon planned since basically day 1 of XY, but because he couldn't draw it "write" and didn't wanna pass off his dream project to someone else he made himself and the rest of us suffer. Hell it's why Garchomp's in it when it should have been Cynthia's Mega, or could be one of them, for DP Remakes. Basically same with Wallace outside Sky Pillar, he was suppose to have a Mega, which shockface probably was Mega-Milotic, but again idea got scrapped and yes to your rage probably why Mega-Audiino was added in to keep the number up.

Seriously like said if anything blame Masuda and Sugimori, cause I bet the latter had artist block on Milotic and because it was getting too late they scrapped both. While it sucks, and oh trust me it sucks, there's a bit of hope.

Lucario and Garchomp have already been special pokemon and got Mega-Stones, in fact one of them being the first Mega-Stone you ever get in XY except Day 1ners who got Torchic, so by process of elimination Milotic, Gastrodon, Togekiss, Roserade and Spiritomb are pokemon Cynthia has had in 4th Gen that could get Mega-Evolutions.

While I think ALL of them could get one easy cause there some of the other 4th gen mons that best stand out, with the demand for Mega-Milotic and the fact two Lucario and Garchomp Megas have already been gimmicked out, feel like Mega-Milotic might be best for a Mega for Cynthia. If not her then them having another contest star for the Super Contests and/or maybe as a gift from a visiting Wallace.

Flygon's still a bit iffy, I mean when you fuck up and don't get a design out for two games straight with a third new-Mega filled one on the way next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Sugimori finally breaks down and gives it to his protege, or works with his protege on it after the others are like "Dude wtf?"
>>
>>29327075
>My theory is that they dont want to ruin their good designs with potentially shitty mega/alola forms
this but only for Milotic. I don't hate Flygon, but I also don't see its appeal.
>>
>>29331167
>since 5th gen he's been on a crazy on/off amount of artist block
This is normal after a while. Artist blocks could be very difficult to overcome. Some artists just stop trying completely after a while.

>He's even admitted in interviews that he had Mega-Flygon planned since basically day 1 of XY
I'm pretty sure in the interview they didn't specify which pokemon they were talking about
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.