[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1475455571622.jpg (248KB, 525x2541px) Image search: [Google]
1475455571622.jpg
248KB, 525x2541px
whirlwind attacks
>>
For me the game itself wasn't very good. There was no trading or player battling. The grinding was ridiculous. Wonky servers. There maybe could have been a ranking system for Team members in that area. Like Valor Captain or some shit. the game just seemed slapped together and it could have been so much more.

Still turn it on every now and then though.
>>
>>29320639
>no trading
>no tracking
>no training
>no battling
>can only find shitmons
>servers crashing
>no fun
>>
>>29320639
The recwnt updates up till now coukdce been implemented earlier, yet it still lacks a sense of achievenent regardless. Ruin the game style of pokemon. Their only target audiences are the normies. More potential ideas couldve been implemented but niantic have no clue in their own game direction. Too focused on stopping cheats, tracking and scanners instead of catering to player needs. No real updates. Obviously jewed up with the pricing of items in the game as well. Was a cancer to begin with.

Niantic only goal in the release of pokemon go was just for a short term profit.
>>
>>29321246
There were no ethics in the guy in charge, and needs a proper person to lead the project.
>>
>>29320639
It killed iwata
>>
File: 1470793265349.gif (489KB, 497x373px)
1470793265349.gif
489KB, 497x373px
>>29320639
>tfw I'll never experience anything like the first week again. It felt like I had gone back in time to 1999 when Pokemania was in full swing and everyone was talking about Pokemon again. And the tracker fucking worked

Anyways, Niantic fucked up in nearly every way they possibly could >>29321158
>>
>>29320639
>servers constantly crashing throughout the busy period where the game needs to work so people don't leave en masse
>dodgy early iterations of the app constantly crashing when catching a pokemon, among other bugs which took like 2 months to actually get fixed because the team was shit
>massive battery drain while forcing players to keep their screens on
>starting out with a shit tracking system, ruining it on purpose, then completely cutting it out without replacing it with anything new or usable meaning people could no longer search for good pokemon around them
>killing off scanners that were attempting to fill the void left by the dead tracker and were the only thing holding most of what was left of the playerbase to the game
>implementing safetynet to kill off their remaining root/xposed users who didn't wanna pull bullshit with suhide

Niantic destroyed PoGo with their shit attitude and that mainly led to a game that had instant massive exposure and huge potential just dying. There was also the fact that the game was pretty boring once you'd been playing it for a while because they failed to implement any sort of meaningful battle/trade systems so once tracking died it became 'wander around and hope you find something not shit'.
>>
>>29320639
It was blatantly rushed out before it was truly finished. No trading, pvp battles, it takes a fucking eternity to level up past 20, the servers are often down if not extremely unstable, gym battles are more or less a slap fight, candies are extremely hard to come by and the price for leveling up is too steep, eggs need to be incubated now for some reason, and you can't choose the moves your pokemon has once you catch them or even when you level them up. Finally got that Gyrados you wanted? Well its moves are bite and twister.

That covers most of it. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>29320639
Game is shit to begin with, made shittier by autistic players who cheat being the only ones left playing. So there's pretty much nothing you can do at this point in the game if you're not level 30+ and on mystic. Even then I imagine it's boring, since no one is taking down all of their level 10 gyms.
>>
>>29320639
A better question would be what went right?
>>
>>29322567
Nostalgia
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.