[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys how does the 2ds compare to the 3ds? This package is 146

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: solgaleo.png (148KB, 786x587px) Image search: [Google]
solgaleo.png
148KB, 786x587px
Guys how does the 2ds compare to the 3ds? This package is 146 USD, is it worth it?
>>
how do you not have a 3ds yet?
>>
You buy a 2DS if you're a cheapfag. $146 for that is definitly not worth it.

Here's your two best choices:

1. Buy a N3DS and buy the game if you have money to burn

2. Buy a cheap 2DS with no game and hack it
>>
>>29318373
I emulated a lot of games and then I went to University but now I want to play Sun/Moon and X/Y
>>
>>29318350
Are you okay with it being awkward to hold? Also a higher chance of the screen and such being damaged, since you can't close it.
>>
>>29318350
It's an o3DS withno hinges, better grip and more battery.
It is bigger and has no 3d though, and even if the screen is harder to scratch it will be at risk because you can't close it.
>>
>>29318428
>2ds
>better grip
U wot m8?
>>
>>29318350
You're going to get some lag but if you don't care about clamshell screens, 3D and being able to put it in your pocket, then sure. And also it's SE, so you can resell it for a bit.
N3DS is the best one in terms of power and 3D (and also feels a bit nicer to hold because of the different casing) but worst in price.
>>
>>29318350
Why so much? I preordered that in Italy and i'll pay 95€ that are 102-103$
>>
>>29318350
Just do it
>>
>>29318350
I've only ever had 2DSes (DSs?!) because I'm a cheap piece of shit who's prone to losing my shit.

I've never really been found myself wanting for a 3DS. I don't care about 3D mode, a lot of people say it hurts your eyes. I also don't care if I can shut it or not; I normally keep a bag of some kind with me, so it doesn't make a difference if it's shut or not in there.

As for that particular package, you'd have to ask someone who cares more about collectables. If you just want to system to play the game, I'd get a refurbished/used 2DS and buy the game separately; it'll cost less.
>>
>>29318426
Yeah I think so. Won't exactly carry it around probably.

>>29318428
Yeah the not being abe to close it part bothers me
>>
>>29318417
Just keep emulating, the 3DS will die out within the next year or two.
>>
>>29318457
I don't know, things may very well be more expensive here in Sweden
>>
>>29318476
Also, the 2DS comes ALWAYS with 9.0.0-X firmware.
CFW to your heart's content.
>>
>>29318350
The 3DS is better in most ways but the price. >>29318468
3D only hurts if you have vision issues or a slight prescription. I have never experienced any ill effects.
>>
>>29318443
It depends on your hands. My hands for example start to hurt after 30 minutes if I use a regular 3DS or 3DSXL, the 2DS is comfier in my opinion.
>>
Oh snap, I forgot about these things. They should leak soon too.
>>
>>29318484
....unless the Switch pulls a Wii U again
>>
>>29318484
I think not. Last game for old DS was launched on 23 january 2015, 5 years after the 3DS.
>>
>>29318540
Didn't know that! Thanks for the info. I'd probably be okay, then, since my vision issues are more than just a slight prescription, haha...
>>
OP here. Actually kind of leaning towards it now, thanks to all your feedback. I'm a bit turned of by the preinstallent of the game though, I prefer having the cartridge
>>
>>29318350

You can close it if you will push hard enough, it's like opening milk or something, I dunno what they were thinking...

is it worth? It's just 3ds without all bullshit so...
>>
>>29318560
They will get to stores a week before catridge, and the game is preinstalled.
>>
Also, buying a 3ds wirh the game costs more than twice as much
>>
>>29318623
Then probably your 2DS would be good for you m8. My sister has coke bottle glasses and she can't use it.
>>
My only problem with a 2DS is that because it can't close, you risk getting the screen scratched a lot more than a 3DS. Had a friend buy one and take good care of it, but it still ended up with scratches on both screens after a week.
>>
>>29318519

But he can't play hacked game without special cartridge... Or I'm morone...
>>
>>29318749
much morone.
You don't need any game exploit under 11.0.0-X
>>
>>29318701
Is it worth investing in screen protection then? It's really cheep
>>
>>29318586
Elaborate?
>>
>>29318772

Eh?! So you can just hack it & play the game from sd with power saves & shit...?! It's ridiculous
>>
>>29318779
cheap* sorry
>>
>>29318787
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/
>>
>>29318843
Thanks, wasn't sure if you meant it just flopping, or if Nintendo had done something stupid that caused it to flop.
>>
The 2ds is more comfy to hold. Gave my 3ds away and i use a 2ds now.

Also lol ar the pwople who carry their 3ds in their pocket and hate on 2ds. You are a loser if you carry big and heavy things in your pocket (3ds).... i carry my 2ds in a nice shoulder bag (usually a super old and aged LV one). Also idgaf if you think its gay cuz im jacked and ripped and can get away with anything i want
>>
Damn just spend an extra $60 and get a not shit 3ds xl
>>
>>29318350
Fuck no
>>
>>29318815
Yes. I did.
I don't use powersave, nor I know how.
Save editing via PkHex? Easy.
>>
That's way too much for a 2ds bundle. I got the Yo Kai Watch one for $90
>>
>>29319060
doesn't the XL have shit pixels?
>>
I think in theory a 2ds is better to play with plus might last longer because of the lack of a hinge.

My main beef with my 3ds XL is it can only open at 3 angles and neither is 100% comfortable.
>>
I just got a cheap 2ds just for pokemon,
Nintendo has a shitty library
>>
>>29318407
Why not buy an N3DS and hack it, that seems like the best option to me.
>>
I'd get one but I'm holding out for Senran Kagura so I can see tits in my face in 3d.
>>
>>29320092
Not all of us are digital niggers
>>
File: Yarr.jpg (12KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
Yarr.jpg
12KB, 299x299px
>>29320092
2DS is always 9.0.0-X, hackeable with no need for external exploits, just wi-fi and data.
N3DS, depending on the serial code and when it was made, can come with a variety of firmwares, which can make the hacking a lot riskier.

>>29320358
I do what I want cause a pirate is free!
>>
>>29320506
ironically, most pirates are niggers these days. You'd fit right in.
>>
>>29318350
enjoy your super awesome frame rate
>>
>>29318350
I'm getting it myself, actually. My 3DS broke a few weeks ago, and this is bundle is the cheapest replacement.

As someone who's used all 3DS versions: the 2DS is the best if you're not rich, but the New3DS's 3D effect is pretty damn cool. There is literally no reason to get a regular 3DS, they're just not worth the extra cost at all.
>>
>>29318589
Yeah but it was probably some sports or Disney cartoon game.
>>
>>29318426
the 2ds actually is a superior hand-held device when it comes to being comfy. I prefer it over my 3dsxl.

My screens have never scratched or been damaged because I'm not a buffoon or a retard.

tl;dr: 2ds are actually really neato, they attract the impotent rage of autists tho.
>>
also get the cheap lil screen protectors, you can replace them every six months or so to keep your 2ds looking extra crisp and fresh.

also get a lil bag, i bought a cheap bag instore for my 2ds and it's useful for carrying my game carts but also the 2ds obviously.

I wish the sun and moon special edition 2ds was see-through like my special edition omega ruby, i'd probably pick one up if that were the case.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.