[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinion on the demo showing type effectiveness? Do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

File: pokemonsunandmoon.jpg (358KB, 1786x1548px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonsunandmoon.jpg
358KB, 1786x1548px
Opinion on the demo showing type effectiveness? Do you think it will be kept in the full game, or maybe an option to turn it off at least?
>>
>>29315245
It has been confirmed to be in the full game. I can't confirm or deny if it can be turned off.
>>
You know that it was in the trailers?
We know about this since one of the first trailers.
And I don't think it'll be possible to turn it off, but I don't see why you would want to turn it off
>>
>>29315245
Why is this even a problem?

It's not like you can't look these things up on your phone anyway.
>>
>>29315245
It's a pretty nice addition, I don't know all the typings of gen 4 mons because those were fucking shit designs so I didn't bother with them.
Also it only bothers the autistic basement dwellers so I'm happy it's there.
>>
Pretty sure it will be off for online battles so I'd assume you can also turn it off in the options menu.
>>
Why would you want to turn it off in the first place? Do you not already know every type match-up?
>>
>>29315245
helps new players

no effect on anyone else
>>
>>29315245
I didn't even notice it during the demo, it was weird, does it only show up after you've used the move against it?
>>
I could say it does make things simpler, but it only does occur after fighting the pokemon once before. I guess the protag actually looks in their pokedex since it'll show types after the first encounter anyway.
>>
>>29315361
I think it only shows up after you've beaten or encountered that type of pokemon before.
>>
>>29315361
Shows up always. You not noticing it means youre either blind or autistic.

>>29315245
I dont mind it. Only needs tweaked for double battles. Super effective should always have priority over not very, but it seems that isnt the case and it works on a left to right basis for multi battles.
>>
>>29315245
It was weird but as mentioned it at least makes contextual sense. If you can look it up on the internet, why can't the protag?
>>
>>29315245
>Wanting to turn off a strictly beneficial feature that does not impact high-level play.

Seriously fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>29315245
Wait a second....

Shouldn't disarming voice do neutral damage? Was fairy nerfed
>>
>>29315346
When I was a kid, I memorised the type chart. Kids aren't drooling fucking idiots unless you make them to be.
>>
Have people seriously not been paying any attention? We've known about this since e3. Though we don't know if we can turn it off, not that I'd understand why you would anyway.
>>
>>29315421
Fire resists Fairy. This didn't change.
>>
Its permanent I just wish they wouldn't use text and use a symbol with a color instead.
>>
>>29315421
nah, fairy moves were always resisted by fire types
>>
>>29315245
It really should be only a good thing.

It only bugs me just because I have fond memories of the time I took Dragalge to a VGC 2014 tournament and three of my six opponents used Electric or Grass moves on it.
>>
You can't really "hate" on this.
1) It helps new players. That's it intended purpose. Pokémon will ever be marketed towards kids, like it or not. They are an important target demographic.

2. If you're like me, you fucking faggot, you already know most if not ALL of the new mon's typings, and of course know the type chart. If you miss a few type matches you didn't know (e.g. Poison being SE on Fairy), there's a chance the bottom screen has taught you something you had forgotten about.

Don't be a whiny faggot about this, please. It doesn't harm you in any way.
>>
>>29315353
personally it looks weird on the ui but ill get over it i guess
>>
>>29315421
Fire has always resisted fairy. This feature is already showing itself to be useful.
>>
>>29315429
Memorizing something doesn't prove intelligence.
>>
The next "event" in the demo is meeting the boyfriend of the girl in 3 days, am I right?
>>
>>29315245
I'm hoping the inclusion of this means that theyre slacking off on making other parts of battles like trainer levels/pokemon used easier
>>
>before gen 7
>"oh wait I forgot if steel resists ice, lemme check"
>google it real quick
>"ah okay"

>gen 7 onwards
>"oh wait I forgot if steel resists ice, lemme check"
>look at bottom screen
>"ah okay"

what's the difference, you fucking autists?
>>
>>29315468
>>29315471
Both of these.
>>
>>29315347
name gen 4 Pokemon who don't look like their type
>>
>>29315353
Not him but I forget since I stopped playing for a while so its nice making mistakes that remind me to stop being a retard and get good at the game. If I rely on the game telling me what to do I'll never re-learn type weaknesses
>>
I keep forgetting like two or 3 of bugs interactions with things so this should be helpful.
>>
>>29315429
I memorized a Shakespeare poem, that didn't mean I understood it
>>
>>29315512
Drapion and gligar. Not the same poster, i just know it alway annoued me to have to remember thier dumb typings
>>
How legit autistic do you have to be for this to bother you at all?
>>
>>29315429
I've memorised the fucking Jabberwocky.
Doesn't mean I know what tulgey means.
>>
File: burger king.jpg (161KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
burger king.jpg
161KB, 400x480px
I don't really care. There are a bunch of other JRPGs more likely to kick your ass than fucking Pokemon, and they have no problem with displaying enemy resistances and weaknesses.
>>
It only tells you if it's effective or not AFTER you use the move so there's still trial and error.
>>
>>29315468
I wasn't complaining, sorry if it came across that way. I just didn't know if there should be an option to turn it off for those who don't want it.
>>
>>29315576
what's the name of this game?
>>
>>29315610
that's not what I'm talking about, check the bottom screen.
>>
>>29315455
Electrik moves are understandable since it'd be SE on a Water/Poison, but that's not the case for Grass. Your opponents were fucking stupid
>>
>>29315245
I don't think people realize this means even more casualization of the game. You'd have to be seriously autistic to defend this.
>>
>>29315429
Why does it matter to you how kids play the game? Every longtime player of Pokémon knows the type chart by now.
>>
>>29315630
Etrian odyssey
>>
>>29315569
Gligar is gen 2
And while it does look like a bug type, it also looks like a poison type and dark type.
>>
I don't understand why people don't like this. Many other games tell you what things will be strong/weak against your enemies.
>>
>>29315429
>implying that kids still wouldn't want to learn the type match ups
>>
>>29315690
thanks, anon
>>
>>29315666
People who defend this have already memorized the type chart or are good enough to know that a super effective move isn't always the best one
>>
>>29315666
Shut up idiot
>>
>>29315514
>If I rely on the game telling me what to do I'll never re-learn type weaknesses
That's not the game's fault, dear. That's yours for being a lazy shit.
>>
>>29315666
Fuck off Satan.
>>
>>29315512
Lucario
>>
>>29315512
I'm not talking about that, I think they're just really bad looking.
>>
>>29315785
Besides the point.

>>29315796
Wow, strong argument you got there.
>>
>>29315711
Probably meant Gliscor, and the fact that you think it looks like a Dark type only serves to show how useful this feature is.
>>
>>29315797
That is actually very true
>>
>>29315909
Sorry, second line is about Drapion.
I have no beef with the feature.
>>
>>29315429
You still need to learn the typechart if you want to
A. Plan out your team and moveset
B. Know what your enemy is good against.
All this is doing is giving you a form of ingame guide.
>>
>>29315245
i barely noticed this
>>
File: 1476931937168.jpg (12KB, 236x198px) Image search: [Google]
1476931937168.jpg
12KB, 236x198px
>>29315666
>>
>>29315245
>Opinion on the demo showing type effectiveness?
they somehow made the game even more casual, I'm glad I actually had to learn and remember shit in pokemon games when I was a kid
>>
>>29315569
>tfw you lead with a Drapion
>tfw you had an advantage from the start of a match because the opponent blanked on what type it was and tried to use psychic
I think he actually tried to use it twice in a row, like he looked away and missed the message saying it had no effect.
>>
>>29315429
>i used to go to the library to do research, now these kids are doing it on the internet fucking shithead kids fucking asshole fuckin my generation fuckin ass
>>
>>29316031
This, if kids are getting everything handed to them, they'll never experience the joy of discovering more things about your favorite game or bumping into something interesting like a pokémon looking like a completely different type. Finding out about hidden mechanics was always a good thing for me.
>>
>>29315245

Couldn't care less since I hardly even noticed it. I doubt they will have an option to turn it off but whatever.
>>
I would prefer it if it only worked for Pokemon you've already caught rather than just seen.

Most of the time I forget the feature is even there so I don't mind that much
>>
File: Tsumiki_(07).png (102KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
Tsumiki_(07).png
102KB, 960x560px
>>29315675
>>
>>29316031
There was no actual learning, it was all just memorization. Like, no one really has to remember phone numbers anymore. While that does mean there's less memory exercise going on, but phone numbers don't have any real meaning.

Okay, they do, but not in any sort of "I'm smart for knowing these" way.

For instance, I am a weeb who can sing a few songs in Japanese. While I do know more or less the meaning of these, this knowledge isn't connected to knowing the sounds that make up the song.
>>
>>29316154
I want to rape this thing
>>
>>29315429
>Mesmorising the type chart in Pokemon makes you smart.
How about you focus on your studies instead of bullshit.
>>
File: Tsumiki_(14).png (112KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
Tsumiki_(14).png
112KB, 960x560px
>>29316188
Anon, that's lewd!
>>
I like the change
Makes it easier to predict what a new player might do
>>
>>29316198
Isn't that actually true though? Exercising your brain and all that shit.
>>
>>29315361
It only starts to show up after you encounter a specific Pokemon once, if you're encountering a Pokemon for the first time it won't be there but when you come across it again it will be there.
>>
>>29316300
I'd figure it would help memory, but not really anything else.
>>
>>29316052
I am mad that I laughed at this.
>>
>>29315630
>burger king
can't you read?
>>
I mean after 20 years of playing we remember this stuff like the back of our hands. Its probably to get more casual players and the GO audience into the newer games..
>>
>>29316406
On the other hand, a few existing type match-ups were changed with gen 6, in addition to a new column on the chart for fairy.
>>
>>29315675
>Every longtime player of Pokémon knows the type chart by now.
Not everyone. I've played since Red released and I still barely know the type chart unless it's obvious when I think about it.
>>
>>29316300
I consider it useless information as far as a child's development goes and only teaches a very basic method of problem solving that they'd otherwise be taught in school. Learning the type chart won't suddenly make my daughter better at reading or writing, it teaches her that a circle doesnt fit in a triangular hole which she already figured out on her own at two.

It doesn't affect high level competitive play because it's not simply a matter of type matchups at that point. It shouldn't impact the enjoyment of people who already know the type chart unless you're completely anal about UI having an extra line of text tacked on either.

I'm just failing to see the problem here. It should come as no surprise that Pokemon is a simple game and Masuda and Ohmori have to state every other month when interviewed by westerners that they're aiming at newcomers with every installment and have always been doing that.
>>
>>29315653
Dragalge isn't water/poison though....
>>
>>29315666
You have to be autistic to care about this. It's literally showing you that a fire attack isn't effective on this ducking fish. And that's after you fought the fish. There are only a few exception of Pokemon where the types are questionable, and even then, only really old people that think every Pokemon is Pikachu would have trouble without it.
>>
File: Demo Information.png (101KB, 889x350px) Image search: [Google]
Demo Information.png
101KB, 889x350px
>>29315245
No issues with it since I have the whole matchup chart memorized. Helpful since it gives you a quick idea of Pokemon that have super-effective moves when switching in.

Like what somebody else said, the game still doesn't tell you if the enemy has moves that will fuck your shit up, so people will still need to memorize the type chart.

>Do you think it will be kept in the full game, or maybe an option to turn it off at least?
It's in the full game.
Why would you need to have the option to turn it off anyway? If anything it teaches people who are ignorant/forgetful of type matchups much faster.
>>
>>29315653
And here we see where points are proven.
>>
>>29316458
That's pretty pathetic to be honest family
>>
I don't give a shit. Didn't pay any attention to it in the demo. Non issue, move on.
>>
>>29316458
Consider killing yourself.
>>
>>29315245
WHy doesnt it matter? You already know the type-chart anyway.

>>29315409
>high-level play
Yeah there is no such thing in pokemon.
>>
>>29315245
It has literally no effect on me since I know type matchups
>>
>>29315245
I just want to turn off the info icon. I guess it's nice to have a hot button for move info, but after playing the demo it's just incredibly obnoxious. And they already have L+A do the same thing so it doesn't even need to be there.
>>
>>29315245
Already have the type chart printed into my mind so literally don't care, if anything it will even the playing field for casuals
>>
>>29315396
>Shows up always.
Didn't show up against the first Hakamo-o fight.

So, what was that thing about not noticing?
>>
>>29316406
I have the weaknesses and immunities down, but I have trouble with resistances.

Probably because my entire battle strategy is just "play on the type matchups, put out the most effective pokemon, types-wise, and start praying"
>>
>>29315245
some of the people arguing for this shit are fucking autists

>>29315409

really? having everything spoonfed to me is benificial?

yea, i want to turn this crap off, sorry for wanting any challenge at all rather than pokemon: walking simulator edition

why do videogames do this shit, it's worse than totourals, how am i supposed to learn ANYTHING myself holyshit

>>29315468
it actually does harm someone who is new to the franchise or hasn't played in a long time and want's to learn things on their own instead of, well, having everything spoonfed on a silver platter, seriously do kids actually want that shit? ffs how do people defend this shit

i guess it's a feature that hinders people who like to learn shit themselves rather than googling, yea ok you got me, if you hate learning about games first hand and google everything instead or are a kid that does not know how then this feature is fucking awesome
>>
File: 1426639699851.jpg (12KB, 640x381px) Image search: [Google]
1426639699851.jpg
12KB, 640x381px
>>29315245
>not already knowing matchups
>>
>>29315245

I like it. What moves are super effective or not effective is usually easy to remember, where I think this will help is with non-effective moves which aren't always clear cut. For example you'd figure that if one type is weak to another that it's moves of the same type would be non-effective, but that isn't always the case. Another plus is that it will possibly help with memorization.

Really the only argument against I can think is that when playing against some else you used to (And still might) need to know what works and what won't, but thinking about it this is probably small in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>29315429
This shit doesn't even show up until the 2nd time you fight the pokemon. For big fights like UBs it will literally not even be a thing.
>>
>>29317609
If you want to learn figure it out while your first fight a Pokemon since it only tells you after you fight one for the first time. If you can't figure it out by then your dumb and obviously need it anyway.
>>
>>29315245
>Do you think it will be kept in the full game?

Yes, it will be kept because there will be more dual-typed moves.
>>
>>29316558
But it looks like it would be.
>>29320337
>more dual-typed moves.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29320383
>Flying Press
>>
Why are you retards so opposed to casualisation? More casuals = more scrubs at VGC tourneys = more money to fund prizes = better prizes
>>
On paper, I don't mind it. I just wish it'd be symbol based

Green + for Super effective, two for a 4x SE
Yellow - for Not very Effective, two for a double resist
Red X for No Effect
>>
>>29315429
pokemon isn't a learning tool you dumbfuck
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.