[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got A9LH/Luma. Now what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 12

I just managed to mod my N3DS and I now have Luma3DS updater, the Homebrew Launcher and FBI on my home.

What else do I need? How do I install/play Pokemon games?
Also, can I install the Pokemon SM Demo from the eShop without any worries?
Thanks!
>>
File: 6091-Shiny-Cloyster-Pirate.png (459KB, 800x583px) Image search: [Google]
6091-Shiny-Cloyster-Pirate.png
459KB, 800x583px
>>29313938
Anybody?
>>
>>29313938
You can use the shop safely as long as you're on 11.1.

Download the .CIA of the games you want to install, put them on your SD card and then install them using FBI. Pretty straightforward actually.
>>
>>29314286
Huh. Alright. Thank you!
>>
File: 1454493372229.jpg (381KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
1454493372229.jpg
381KB, 756x756px
>>29313938
Get freeShop for easy downloading free shit. The demo is there too. eShop is fine but if you use theme CIAs or have pirate DLC mixed with legits, these will be deleted every time you enter eShop.

Also get JKSM, PCHex++, PHBank and EventAssistant for maximum comfy pokémon experience.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.932839.jpg (79KB, 1280x950px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.932839.jpg
79KB, 1280x950px
>>29315371
Alright. Noted.
I just downloaded SM Demo. So far, it looks and moves pretty well.
Where is a good place to look for CIAs for games?
I am mostly looking for XY, ORAS, Ace Attorney 5 and 6 and maybe Shovel Knight.
Thanks!
>>
>>29315599
>I am mostly looking for XY, ORAS, Ace Attorney 5 and 6 and maybe Shovel Knight.

These are all in freeShop. Pretty much anything that isn't really obscure is on freeShop. But if you want places to download CIAs, the biggest ones are 3DSISO (cancer site, you need registration and multiple adblockers) and mega3dsroms blog. Just stick to freeShop whenever you can.

Post more pokémon in pirate outfits
>>
>>29315720
Happy to oblige.

So, I just get freeShop.
Is there anywhere I can get it from?
I see one in my Homebrew that I can install. I think, but I think it says something like "<10.6". Does that mean that, since I have 11.1, I can't use it?
>>
File: 1473422103454.png (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473422103454.png
23KB, 320x240px
>>29315822
><10.6
Probably outdated info.

Just get here: https://github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases

You can scan that QR with FBI. After you install and launch it, you'll need to point where it'll get the titlekeys from. Go to its config, Titlekey updater, click the small QR icon, then go to this site htpps://3ds.titlekeys.com and scan the QR you get from clicking the small QR button under "Download encTitleKeys.bin". Should look like pic related, then you restart freeShop and have fun downloading stuff.

Also don't use 3dsx homebrew, CIAsare way better since they run natively instead of in a shitty sandbox. Besides, anything remotely decent has a CIA version nowadays.
>>
>>29316029
>Titlekey updater
Meant "Update" tab, but you can see from the screenshot anyway.
>>
>>29316029
Huh, seems easy enough. Will look into it.
Thanks, m8!
>>
>>29316498
get NTR for best pokemon injecting and to stream your screen to your pc to become a pokemon youtuber without a capture card
>>
>>29317074
That sounds pretty cool, actually.
What is NTR, more exactly? What can it do besides streaming?
>>
File: pirate_crew_by_audgreen-d5jidpm.jpg (114KB, 1325x602px) Image search: [Google]
pirate_crew_by_audgreen-d5jidpm.jpg
114KB, 1325x602px
>>29317726
Also, what do I use for GBA and DS games?
From what I understand, I can use R4 cards, if I have one. Do I need a program for R4, then? Can the N3ds read the flashcard?
>>
>>29313938
If you've done everything correctly, you can upload the sysnand, use the eShop normally, download the demo and everything else normally and play online.

Install the freeshop, it's way easier.

Also have fun playing everything for free but keep buying the games you support
>>
>>29317726
For gba games google virtual console injecting, the normal emulators are pretty ass, but you can tell the 3ds that its a virtual console title and then it runs nicely

DS games aren't quiet possible yet, but we are getting closer, no clue about R4 cards, but I think they work

NTR is a plugin based... cfw... thing? It allows you to do stuff like manipulate the ram over wifi while the game is running (so you can inject while you are IN a trade in pokemon) or overclock your n3ds cpu to always use more power (even in o3ds games, so you can play 3d pokemon without getting fps drops) or well, stream your screen over wifi to your computer
>>
>>29317914
I meant update, not upload

durr
>>
>>29317914
Copy that. Will do my best. I, along with my girlfriend, plan to get Pokemon SM in Nov, since it looks like a really fun game.

Just got freeShop and tried out AA Dual Destinies and Pokemon Art Academy, for a start, and they seem to work fine.

>>29318044
I see. I will look into it, then.
"Injecting" is the word I seem to find most often and I still ain't sure exactly what it means.

I guess the last thing am curious about is ROM hacks and how to play them on the console.
Do I need a program for it? How does that work?
>>
>>29318414
there's different forms of injecting.

Pokemon injecting means creating a pokemon and hacking it into the game

Injecting virtual console games means that you "put the rom in the virutal console of the 3ds" (even though that game was never intended to be a virtual console game)

ROMHacks usually explain how to install them, a "lengthy" process where you dump the game files, patch them, and then start them through Hans from the homebrew launcher, you can find a more detailed guide in the romhack installatio nguide I think
>>
>>29314421
Or just install freeshop
>>
File: Honchcrow-Pokemon-Fan-Art.png (2MB, 1709x1717px) Image search: [Google]
Honchcrow-Pokemon-Fan-Art.png
2MB, 1709x1717px
>>29318473
Well, alright then. That's pretty straight forward.
Guess that's about all I can think of, at the moment.
I'll keep a copy of this archive in case some people might need more info in the future.

Thanks a lot for all the help, mates!
Kindly appreciated!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.