[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nostalgia thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: charmeleon.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
charmeleon.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
it's all i have left

go
>>
File: IMG_8265.jpg (295KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8265.jpg
295KB, 480x640px
>>29310949
It'll be okay, you know they're gonna push more retro ports and genwun pandering as they've been doing

That's really all I'm going on now
>>
File: firstteam.png (309KB, 1226x553px) Image search: [Google]
firstteam.png
309KB, 1226x553px
I'll never forget my first team
they were all underleveled as fuck but with enough time, effort and Revival Herbs we eventually made it
>>
>>29311019
>First team
>Didn't have starters/legendaries
Wasn't everyone retarded back then? I sure was (still am xD)
>>
>>29311019
don't forget ethers and leppa berries.
>>
>>29311079
I thought that my starter was supposed to be a shitmon because it was the first Pokemon I got. I actually released him at some point, wondering what it would do.
>>29311097
I ran out of them before I even made it to Wallace for the first time
>>
File: vigoroth.jpg (15KB, 480x360px)
vigoroth.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
any have any 'surprise' evolutions? because the r/s pokedex wasnt as well known in the mainstream as the first 250 and i never used the internet when i was young all the hoenn pokemon were a surprise to me the whole way through. lairon and vigaroth evolving blew my mind because they looked finals
>>
i don't really care about nostalgy. i mean, gen 1 and 2 had nice atmosphere going, but it was gen 3 whee all the fun was at. mainly for moemon and touhoumon togh.

>>29311221
for me it was pupitar that really caught off guard. i know that pupitar didn't feel like final, but dark/rock was one big BAM. t-tar was among my favs ever since, even tough in later games its ability annoyed me.
>>
>>29311221
Shedinja was fucking horrifying. It did end up being a vital part of my team in the end by using Fury Cutter on everything that couldn't attack it.
>>
>>29311534
shhit

i literally thought my cartridge had been possessed
>>
I didn't know English at all back when I played Pokemon Gold for the first time...

>accidentally talk to the guy in first route
>he shows me how it's done
>try it with my own ball
>it works

That was a turning point for me, you won't believe how happy I was
>>
I cried after not being able to catch pikachu in pkm red as a kid because I thought it would be legendary rare and never come back again ;_;
>>
My first time playing through Ruby, I was battling Regice, and managed to drag the battle out so long that it ran out of power points entirely. I was such a noob to the games back then, I had never used/faced/heard of the move struggle before. So there I was, freaking out because Regice had 5 moves. After I caught it and looked at it's moveset, I was even more confused. I looked it up later, truth was underwhelming.

Also in Ruby, I encountered my first shiny, a shiny Golbat. Again, thought that there was either something wrong with the game, or my SP. Then I remembered some NPC saying something about "different colored" Pokemon, so I assumed it was that and caught it. Glad I did, I evolved him into an awesome Shiny Crobat.
>>
my first encounter with suicune was mythical, it was like 20lv higher than other mons on that route and i couldnt figure out what that thing was. of course it ran away and left me puzzled. after looking it up on the dex i understood and felt this amazing feel of admiration for that mysterious pokemon. thats how you make games unforgettable for children.
>>
>>29311019
>3 gimmickmons
>water route equivalent of zubat without crobat
>no weaknesses mcgee
>dragon birb
Holy fuck this team. You're a hero to us all.
>>
>>29311221
I was very confused when Trapinch turned into Vibrava since I figured I'd be getting some huge chain chomp-esque thing.
>>
>>29312407
had the same feel with latios desu
>>
>>29312661
you have clearly never had a tentacruel in your team, they are amazing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.