[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1476846754665.png (626KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
1476846754665.png
626KB, 600x877px
>Introduce a 19th type called Null.
>The only pokémon of this type are Unown, Arceus and Silvally.
>Null type functions as the type of the user's top-left move at all times, or Normal by default if it's undefined somehow.
>It's not a huge change to the type mechanic, because several existing types already grant immunities to status effects, therefore types can be more than just damage modifiers.
>This way, Unown is necessarily the same type as its Hidden Power.
>Arceus and Silvally still have their abilities to change type based on held item, but now they can be dual-type if the move's type and item's type are different.
I see no reason besides laziness why this couldn't be done. You may not find it competitively viable, but it fits the lore better.
From a mechanics persepctive, an ability that does nothing but replace the user's type effectively means Arceus and Silvally get no benefit from their abilities during a battle, because all known means to switch a held item in battle are very impractical.
>>
>>29310327
retard
>>
>>29310337
Who's a retard? Explain why.
>>
>>29310327
retard
>>
>>29310431
Oh, I get it. You're an unreleased Gen 7 pokémon named Retard and that's the only word you can say.
Thanks for your input, Retard!
>>
File: 1434482039777.jpg (14KB, 478x361px) Image search: [Google]
1434482039777.jpg
14KB, 478x361px
>>29310327
>Introduce a 19th type called Null.
>The only pokémon of this type are Unown, Arceus and Silvally.
>>
>>29310327
It's basically just a powered-down arceus. Arceus' stats are so high that it feels cheap to use it in any battle (after all, it's basically the God pokemon); so they made this pokemon with a similar concept, but likely has sub-uber stats.
>>
i like it, anon
>>
>>29310327
retard
>>
>>29310327
>Arceus and Silvally get no benefit from their abilities during a battle, because all known means to switch a held item in battle are very impractical.
The whole point is that they can be any type, retard. It doesn't matter if they can switch during battle or not: that was never the point.
>>
>>29310516
That part lets you know OP's making a joke.
>>
What if Silvally keeps its Normal type in addition to gaining another? I think it would be neat.
>>
>>29310732
It's not a joke.
>>
>>29311636
Then that just makes you genuinely, unironically retarded
>DURR WHY DOES THIS THING ONLY MADE FOR TWO POKEMON EXIST
>I HAVE A BETTER IDEA: SOMETHING MADE FOR ONLY THREE POKÉMON! SEE IT'S BETTER BECAUSE A THIRD POKÉMON IS INCLUDED
>>
I think that's a really interesting idea, mostly from the competitive side. Lore-wise it's ok, but the potential for 1) dual typed Arceus or 2) non-normal Arceus with an item other than a plate would be incredible in Ubers, and the same for Silvally wherever it ends up being legal.
>>
Is Silvally a legendary?
>>
>>29311687
That's not what I said at all. I'm not saying there should be more than two pokémon with abilities to change type based on held item, I'm saying it's a bad idea for an ability in the first place because it must effectively have no ability and no item in order to be the type you want.

Picture a hypothetical pokémon identical to Silvally, except it is a type determined at the moment you encounter it in the wild, which can be any single type but is permanent afterward, and you can catch more than one of it. Thus it has the potential to be any type you want, AND ALSO can have an ability that does something else, AND ALSO can have a held item that does something else. That would make it strictly better than Silvally, no?

Please don't call other people retarded when you can't understand their point. It only embarrasses you.
>>
>>29310327
>Top left move
There are no top left moves anymore, bub. It's a list.
>>
>>29310327
retard
>>
>>29310327
retard
>>
>>29312018
You are literally suggesting an ENTIRE TYPE made exclusively for THREE POKÉMON. That is BEYOND RETARDED.
>>
>>29310327
retard
>>
>>29312130
>Gastly line in Gen 1
>Dratini line in Gen 1
Boy are you mad :^)
>>
>>29310327
>Type:Null isn't Null type.
>>
>>29312178
You can't use anything from gen 1/2 to legitimize any new pokemon/mechanics because they were broken messes
>>
>>29312178
>B-b-b-but m-m-muh Gen 1
This isn't 1996, Anon. This is an established game series. As of Generation 6 there are 35 Ghost and 41 Dragon type Pokémon. Fairy type debuted with more than 17 brand-new Pokémon and 22 type-retconned old Pokemon. You are suggesting that a new type debut with 1 new Pokemon (not counting its pre-evolution) and two type-retconned existing Pokemon, and using the excuse of "but Gen 1". You are actively, unironically suggesting regression.
You are retarded.
>>
>>29310327
I can think of one other reason besides laziness: it's that this idea is one only you had, and also it's a horrible idea.
>>
>>29312271
Being a 19th type wouldn't matter, because Null type would not expand the type chart or have any moves. It would only exist as a placeholder that never actually interacts with anything, a fake type, a type zero.
It would just automatically become an existing type, the same way Hidden Power technically has no type in TM form but any instance of using Hidden Power in battle always has a type.
You seem to be fixated on the "only three pokémon have it" part, and I don't know why that would be a problem, because there's tons of game mechanics that are exclusive to three pokémon or fewer.
>>
just get rid of Normal type and make it Beast, half normal and fairies can just be fairy
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.