[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm curious, how has Japan reacted to the Alola dex leak?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 715.png (22KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
715.png
22KB, 256x256px
So I'm curious, how has Japan reacted to the Alola dex leak?
>>
File: IMG_2975.jpg (66KB, 750x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2975.jpg
66KB, 750x935px
>>
Doesn't anyone know?
>>
Japs dont even know about the leak
>>
>>29307372
this
>>
File: PSX_20161019_182310.jpg (27KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20161019_182310.jpg
27KB, 256x256px
>>29306790
Fixed
>>
>>29306790
From what I've seen, some are sad, some are happy. Most of the complaints are just from the starters and lack of Pokemon.
>>
>>29307434
What are their reactions to the starters?
>>
File: Laughing WoWfag.jpg (55KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing WoWfag.jpg
55KB, 600x528px
>When weebs are so weeby they care what Japan thinks but aren't weeby enough to go to a Jap forum and ask
>>
>>29307697
But isn't 2ch view-only unless you love in Japan? We could ask /int/, but that may be as far as some of us can go?
>>
>>29307582
ISSU SHITTO DESU!!!!!
WANTO QUAD TORA SABRE NOT GAJIN HUMAN CHINK REAKS SUCC
>>
>>29307434
So gf really doesn't give a shit about its audience. I kept wondering if the small dexes were the result of japs complaining and being the only frame of reference in gf's surveys, but no. They're as pissed as westeners.

>"b-but the audience gf worries about is the kids"
Yeah fair enough, that's why I can complain about causalization only so much, but don't tell me kids actually want few pokemon. They dont even have to remember their typings with the updated battle screen
>>
>>29307815
No I can get on 2chan and I'm in the Us
>>
>>29307815
There's at least one board that allows non-Jap IPs, probably more now.
>>
Can somebody link me to the pinned thread whose OP image had all three of the starter finals? I still haven't found it in the board's archive.
>>
>>29307853
Are you under the impression that additional assets dont take time and money to create? All a gamedev has to do is close their eyes and "care" and assets just magically appear, fiscal and schedule limitations need not apply!

I want more pokemon too but its probably more of a matter of budgeting time and money and not gamefreak just "not giving a shit about making millions of dollars."

Besides, the last time they went all out and gave us over 150 new pokemon [people just complained about it.
>>
>>29307928
I think that was only because Unova was a pseudo reboot and a lot of those new Pokemon were expies of Kanto ones. Still, they WERE new Pokemon.
>>
>>29307928

Dude they made B/W with a new engine, 156 mons, a massive region with a big story (by Pokemon standards) and a decent postgame in the same amount of time as Sun/Moon.

Like they didn't even have to make models this time for the old Pokemon. And the engine is just an updated version of the one from XY. And they didn't bother with 3D. And the framerate is still shit. And there's barely any new features.

Sun & Moon still looks worse than Yokai Watch. A series that makes as much as Pokemon does shouldn't be as behind the times as it is. It's laziness. Coupled with GF knowing people will buy the game regardless of the quality.
>>
>>29306790
Japan are not crybabies like western people, and they like alolan dugtrio wwwww
>>
>>29308104
Wew
>>
>>29308086
Well, they are rendering the entire world in 3d, which is a first for them. The scale of everything has changed dramatically, that probably took up much of their development time.

Then again, we dont know how big Alola is. So you could end up being correct, if Alola is small then you have to wonder where that devleopment time went.

However, there are a ton of new features man, are you kidding?
>>
>>29308104
>he doesnt know about the massive cult-like hatedom for zinnia over there

Ignorant, yet innocent
>>
>>29308104
>Japan are not crybabies like western people

Take it from a fellow weeb, Japan bitches just as much as we do.
>>
>>29308086
First off, you haven't even played the game yet. YW may seem nicer, but it's just plain reused assets all over with a legit simplistic phone game battle system. No game can be flawless in every aspect.

People were just as pissed at BW. People are pissed with every game. Fact is, why do you care what Japan thinks? Your opinion is not more valid because some people agree with you. Many are still just as excited as they were for Sun and Moon.

Ah the laziness excuse... You know what company can afford to be lazy? None of them. Now even companies way bigger than Nintendo can't just assume they can be lazy and still make profits.

If you don't like it don't buy the game. That's your best bet at hoping to send GF a message.
>>
>>29308247
I wonder how you manage to talk with Gamefreak cock so deep into your throat.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 296x170px
>>29307928
>Why cant the company who makes pokemon, make pokemon?
Its not an aribaito anon.
>>
>>29308182
>>29308086
They are purposefully being conservative with the number of new Pokemon so they don't keep from hitting 1000 Pokemon too soon. How hard is this to grasp?

They're also actually trying to make it so that Pokemon battling is more in-depth, with mega forms and Z moves. Even if they're focusing too much on genwun, it's better than shitting out garbage like those stupid monkeys or basculin just for the sake of having 156 Pokemon.

>>29308253
This response every single time!
>>
Not much reaction. Most of the people here (at least in our district– Akihabara) were disappointed with Litten's final evolution. They are obsessed with Popplio's final evolution, though. But they eventually got over it in a matter of hours. Just like what happened in OR/AS.
>>
>>29308253
Generally people who talk like that tend to understand how difficult game development actually is.

Then again he goes on to advise you NOT to buy the game, which you probably shouldnt do if you think GF is being too lazy.
>>
>>29308315
What are your thoughs on UBs? How did the people there react to them?
>>
>>29308357
Only a few know about the datamined leaks. The majority learned about the news on various discussion sites— the mainstream ones which only talked about the starters, Alolan Dugtrio (which surprisingly was well-received here). Some thought of the UBs as refreshing.
>>
>>29308104
Yes they are. They just don't sperg out over the same things as we do, most of the time.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.