[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They should've still called her onee-san in the localization.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
They should've still called her onee-san in the localization.
>>
>>29302077
weebs are killing America
>>
>>29302103
Last time I checked, America was dying because people can't stop sucking their own rebel-thickened cocks and drinking their inbred freedom milk.
>>
>>29302176
Britabongfags need to leave and write another harry potter novel
>>
>>29302077
Well, they call her sis, and that's okay-ish.

They're using those on the gangsta(hah) way to refer to their superior, like in the japanese text.
>>
>>29302077
do they call her onee-san in the japanese version? You'd think they'd call her aneki instead.
>>
>>29302639
Would that be the same?
>>
>>29302654
it's a bit more informal than onee, and it tends to get used to refer to fellow street gang members- at least in my japanese animes. Though I guess anego could be used instead, since it reflects a bit more respect towards the person being addressed.
>>
>>29302639
They call her nee-san.

I suppose that "Aniki" will be resrved just for Guzma.
>>
>>29302077
The grunts calling her "sis" just sounds weird as fuck to me.
>>
>>29302776
just nee-san than?
>>
>>29303267
Go outside
In fact all of you are disgusting stay inside
You don't have any friends keep playing pokemon
You'll never catch them all
>>
>>29303267

A lot of things in Japanese can't be translated or even localized into English without sounding weird. It's normal to them, but the concept just doesn't really exist to us.

If you think this is bad remember all of the different words and implications for "I" over there.
>>
>>29302342

Harry Potter is Halal
>>
>>29303267
think about it like this, people in "gangs" often call each other "bro", which is short for "brother". this means that calling her "sis" for "sister" is a logical conclusion of the way these "thugs" would "communicate".
>>
>>29302077
Game Freak =/= Atlus
>>
>>29303454
Boku agree. Omae have to understand that these cultures are very different, and some serifu can't be translated completely. Shouganai na, you know?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.