[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC 2017 will be cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Clefable Soup Pls.png (30KB, 300x279px) Image search: [Google]
Clefable Soup Pls.png
30KB, 300x279px
>mfw muk, chansey and clefable are in this year's format
>mfw alolan muk is actually good with a solid typing
>mfw whimsicott is the only good taunt user in the format
>mfw the new season favors minimize stall
>mfw I win worlds with minimize clefable cheese
>mfw casualfags get autistic on youtube because I'm playing the game wrong
>mfw I tell them this is what you got for bitching about timerstall
>>
>>29295189
>mfw they try to make a game competitive without patches

Face it Pokemon VGC meta will always be stale and you're going to see the same six mons on every team.

They dump one box of new tricks on us every so many years and say "have fun". Pokemon needs to wise up and get on the dlc train if they want their series to be truly competitive.
>>
>>29295520
This. They easily could've made changes to Mega Kang last generation for instance.
>>
>>29295520
t. someone who doesn't even play vgc and only look at the controversial top 8s
>>
>>29295520
If you look at the top 32 for ANY EVENT, there is on average at least 32 different pokemon used.
And that's in this super-centralized 2016 meta. 2017 should be much more diverse.
>>
>>29295520
The meta will adapt, it always does. After big 6 we got Wolfe's RayOgre. After a Kang dominant 2014, rocky helmet Amoongus, TR Goth and Mawile came along. CHALK was an exception where the meta got to its most dominant late in the season
>>
>>29295189
It will be similar to X/Y meta, maybe even better, if anyone thinks it will be bad hes just fucking idiot.
>>
>>29296197
I'm still going to win worlds with minimize.
The trick is to wait until the meta doesn't expect it late in the season
>>
>>29295189
I'm pretty sure some people (mostly casuals) will try to use Minimize bullshit, but they won't success. It will be pretty much an initial fear because of a new mechanic that ends up getting overshadowed by other stuff.
>>
>>29295189
>this is what you got for bitching about timerstall
So if I use Shedinja and opponent has no answer they cant timerstall me anymore?
This literally happened to me in 2016 regionals.
>>
File: 1471700221505.jpg (459KB, 551x837px) Image search: [Google]
1471700221505.jpg
459KB, 551x837px
>New format has not even started
>People are still bitching about it
>When 5 days ago people were singing praises for it because NO MEGA MOM VGC IS SAVED SURELY THIS MEANS PEOPLE WILL START USING THEIR BROS INSTEAD OF GOOD POKEMON NOW

If you wanna bitch about VGC17 being cancer at least bitch about how the circuit is more pay2win than ever where if you don't have mommy and daddy paying you for international trips you won't ever get your invite.
>>
>>29296483
Is shedinja in the Alolan Dex? The timer pretty much put the nail on Sheddy's coffin so it would be nice if he could get his time to shine finally.
>>
File: 1408305529600.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1408305529600.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>29296590
http://pastebin.com/64JuuLvp

Here's the dex for this year friend.

Have a bonus of obligatory things to carry on doubles that are allowed this year.

>Redirection
Possible Togedemaru with Follow Me
Possible Morelul2 with Rage Powder

And on the non-theorymon side we've got Clefable and Lucario.

>Intimidate
Salamence, Gyarados, Krookodile, Arcanine.

>Fake Out
Raichu, Smeargle, Hariyama, Sableye, Weavile, Kangaskhan, Persian.

>Drizzle
Politoed

>Swift Swim
Poliwrath

>Drought
Ninetales

>Chlorophyll
Lilligant, Exeggutor, Leafeon, Whimsicott

>Harvest
Exeggutor and Trevenant.

>Wide Guard
Machamp, Hariyama, Parasect, Bastiodon, Probopass, Gigalith, Golem, Aerodactyl, Alolomola, Carracosta.

>Quick Guard
Machamp, Crobat, Archeops, Talonflame, Lucario, Scizor, Pangoro.
>>
>>29296483
the point of the timer was so that shedinja and bullshit like minimize DIDN'T win.
No one wants to fight a matchup where they auto lose to one pokemon or are forced to carry a subpar counter to something niche.
>>
>>29296787
My opponent had no moves to touch Shedinja. He then proceed to stall every turn and then use protect. Eventually the time ran out and he won because he had more pokemons alive (and more hp). If he could not stall I'd win for sure.
>>
I really enjoyed VGC 15, even though it was an average format. VGC 16 was complete and utter trash; RNG and team composition should never play that large of a role in a "competitive" environment. I have hope for VGC 17, however VGC has historically had powerful strategies which stagnate the meta. I doubt that this year will be any different, singles will likely be much more varied altogether. Z Moves could also be be OP in certain situations that I'm almost positive will arise
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.