[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously sorry if this comes off looking like a bait thread,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1384738748534.gif (1MB, 318x225px) Image search: [Google]
1384738748534.gif
1MB, 318x225px
Seriously sorry if this comes off looking like a bait thread, but I'm going to ask this very sincerely.

Of the two, which is the worst kind of pandering? Kanto pandering or Pikachu pandering?
>>
>>29294718
Pikachu pandering. At least some stuff in Kanto is good. But Pikachu will always be shit.
>>
>>29294718
Kanto pandering. Pikachu is the face of the franchise, and a pretty cool designed Pokémon all things considered. Most Gen 1 Pokémon are bad and even still Game Freak keeps going back to them like drug addicts when there are so many great creatures in other generations that are straight-up ignored in favor of Kanto Pokémon.
>>
>>29294718
Pikachu.

Kanto at least has the other 150 mons they can explore new things with.
>>
File: 025Pikachu_TCG.png (42KB, 272x272px) Image search: [Google]
025Pikachu_TCG.png
42KB, 272x272px
>>29294761
>and a pretty cool designed Pokémon all things considered

Could you be more specific?
>>
Kanto pandering. I'm sick of some of the gen I Pokemon at this point. At least if it's only Pikachu I can ignore it.
>>
>>29295080
Why just Pikachu?
>>
>>29294718
i'd say kanto pandering since it's bigger than pikachu pandering, like honestly is pikachu even pushed on us anymore? definitely not as much as like, greninja.

honestly i like pikachu, i think it's a pretty cute pokemon and it really is a bummer it gets a bad wrap for being the main pokemon in the anime and the face of the franchise but honestly despite those i still like it

pandering pikachu also doesn't negatively effect other gen's pokemon either (think about how all alolan pokemon happen to be from kanto) and doesn't waste potential for other gens like kanto pandering does
>>
>>29294718
Pikachu pandering, honesly.
>>
I love Pikachu so I'm fine with a little fun Pikachu stuff in each game

Kanto pandering tends to be woven into the fabric of a game rather than a little bonus thing, so I think it's more annoying.
>>
>>29295047
I like the electric motifs like the static cheeks and thunder-shaped tail, and how it all works together in a rodent without being "my mom's" like Ratatta. Plus, it's pretty cute, and its success as a mascot has shown that I'm not the only one who likes it.
>>
>>29294718
Pikachu, definitely. At least with Kanto, you get a variety of pokemon instead of focusing on just one.
>>
Pikachu is the mascot, it's to be expected.

Kantopandering is so ridiculous that it's given a forefront over the new stuff. I honestly still cannot believe that there are more Kanto Pokemon on the Aloladex than new Pokemon. Worse of all, every other Region has like 10 Pokemon on it.
>>
>>29294718
i'd probably go with kanto. i mean, id be okay with little references here and there,like how you moved from kanto to alola,but the pandering is starting to get over the top. There are so many other 'mons that deserve alola forms than shit like garfield persian.
>>
>>29294718
They both fine. Pikachu is a great pokemon and Raichu is even better. Kanto pokemon are great too. Pandering is fine. I wouldn't care if pandered to other gens. They certainly pandered a lot to Lucario and Greninja so I don't see the problem with pandering to Pikachu.

Gen 1 means money. If you want the games to sell better than you should want more gen 1 pandering.
>>
I dislike Kanto pandering desu. There's so many cool alolan forms they could've given other Pokémon, but Game Freak only gives it to Kanto.
>>
>>29296311
I don't want the games to sell better, i want the other non-kanto generations to stop getting shafted. The games already sell great. No one who's on the fence is going to make their decision on "oh well if there was over 80 gen 1 pokemon i would buy it, but since there's only 40 of them, I don't think I'll make the purchase"
>>
>>29295188
Because that's just one pokemon. There's more Kanto pokemon in the Alola dex than there are new pokemon. 73 new pokemon, 81 if you count UBs. Compare that to 87 Kanto pokemon availible in Sun/Moon. That's ridiculous
>>
>>29296822
Look at Pokemon Go. It was a runway success (for a couple of weeks) and it only has gen 1 pokemon. Pokemon has never been as popular as it was in gen 1. Only pokemon Go came close. When people see the trailer for the games and they see pokemon they know that brings them back and the biggest pool of people to bring back is gen 1. Genwunners are also in the age that they have kids. They are more likely to buy games they are familiar with.

Less sales means less money. Money is what makes the games anon. Gen 1 is proven to rake in the cash. It's quite simple.
>>
>>29296866
Yet no Oddish.
>>
Charizard is the worst tho
>>
Masuda: WE NEEDO TO SERR THE GAMUS TO MORU CHIRDREN
>proceeds to fill the games with gen1 mons and give them megas, z-moves and alolan forms
>Despite children having no nostalgia for gen1
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.