[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hcwfitg/ - How can we fix ice type general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: picture2life_41248_original.jpg (143KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
picture2life_41248_original.jpg
143KB, 720x720px
We seem to have a thread about fixing ice types literally a couple of times a week, so we might as well create a fucking general for it.

So, do what the name suggests, I guess. Discuss how we can fix ice type.
>>
>>29294195
Ice types a shit
>>
Stop being slow and bulky god dammit. Weavile and Kyurem to a lesser extent are good because they're fast. Alolan Ninetales looks to be good as well
>>
>>29294195
make them resistant to fairy and water
thats literally it. they don't need offensive boosts, but defensive boosts
>>
>>29294195
Easy Mode:
give it a resistance to Dragon and Flying.

Hard Mode:
GF makes more fast and powerful Ice sweepers
>>
>>29294195
>make them faster
>don't give ice beam to fucking everything
>let them resist flying and water
also, an ice-type hazard would be nice
>>
>>29294260

Mamoswine and cloyster are also good. But I can't think of more than 4 good ice type.
>>
>don't give the best ice moves to non-ice types as well (same goes for rock and poison)
>if you want ice-type to be the "glass-cannon" then stop making defensive ice types
>if you want ice to be a defensive typing stop making it only resist itself
>also give better abilities to ice-types

it's not that complicated
>>
>>29294195
Remove water weakness. It's literally not fair how fragile it is but they wtilll keep trying to make them "tanks"
>>
>>29294195
Give hail the same defense boost to ice types that rock types get from sandstorm
>>
File: 1340068634132.gif.gif (2MB, 176x322px) Image search: [Google]
1340068634132.gif.gif
2MB, 176x322px
>create incognito icicles (ice type sneaky pebbles)
>allow most water types to learn it
>ice types become more obsolete
>dragonfags stay eternally btfo
>>
>>29294564
This, also should boost Ice type moves 50% like Rain and Sun do.
>>
File: 1377592252427.jpg (78KB, 621x480px) Image search: [Google]
1377592252427.jpg
78KB, 621x480px
>>29294535
Thinking water is strong against ice.
>>
resistance to at least 2, possibly 3 more types (Water definitely being one of them, possibly Dragon or Fairy)

remove either rock or fighting weakness.

The entire problem with Ice as a type is that it has garbage for defense typewise. Sure, you have pokemon like Avalugg or Regice that have big bulky defenses, but when you don't fucking resist anything that really doesn't matter, and when EVERYTHING is packing a fighting move, it's even worse.

offensively, they're fine and Ice remains one of the best attacking types, but that doesn't mean shit when 95% of the pokemon in that type are defensive but don't resist anything
>>
Unban Snow Cloak, let my Froslass have a good time.
>>
Resists Water, Dragon, Ground, and Flying
Gains passive 50% Def boost in Hail
>>
>>29294195
I've posted this in the past but here it goes again:

Swap Ice's type effectiveness for a resistance to Grass.

This does two things:

Water loses a weapon against Grass Types, which gives them less of a reason to run Ice moves, and Grass types will see more usage in return

Ice types gain a much needed resistance and can switch in on the Grass types that now see more use.

That's two of the worst types in the game buffed with a single change.
>>
>>29294564
Would be better to slow non-ice mons in hail. It makes sense, is more unique, and helps out all the slow turd ice mons.
>>
>>29294308
>>29294290

Resisting any 3 of between dragon, flying, water and fairy would help.....like, a lot.

Also. Stop making ice types that are either mixed attackers or have a vital stat that is garbage.
>>
>>29294195
Make ice resist ground and flying
Rock and/or fighting does neutral damage to ice types
>>
>>29294779
this
>>
>>29294779

ice beating grass doesnt even make sense. Plants survive the cold. Its the lack of sun in winter that potentially can kill some, but even then many survive.
>>
get hail on par with other weathers too.
>make Snow "rush" and Snow "force"
>make it to where ice types get bonus stat boosts in the hail like sandstorm gets
>make it to where it does more damage against the Pokemon affected by it unlike sandstorm

And of course the most important one.
>make it to where Ice type moves actually get boosted in the hail like water in rain and fire in sun.
>>
>>29295447
not to mention that there are a lot of plants that cannot survive in warm or sunny weather, but thrive in the cold and/or dark.
>>
>>29294195
Remove ice type entirely
>>
>>29294195
this is the fourth time i've seen this thread today
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.