[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A concern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Shia.jpg (194KB, 496x485px) Image search: [Google]
Shia.jpg
194KB, 496x485px
Alright, I figured out the reason why getting a smaller amount of Pokémon this gen bugs me. Normally I'm fine with whatever number it is, since I like the designs, and that's what's ultimately important. But looking over all the new designs, the reason finally hit me:

Every gen, we get 3 starters and their evos, a regional bird, regional rodent, a bug line, and some legendaries. This did not change in gens 6 or 7.

Gen 6 gave us 72 new Pokémon, but those 9 starters plus Talonflame and Diggersby and Vivillon are already 17; they had the foresight to only add 5 legendaries and mythicals, but that's already 30% of them!

And now Gen 7 is giving us (presumably) 73 new Pokémon, and it's the same: Starters+Pikipek+Yungoos+Grubbin is again 17; I don't know if the Tapus are legendary, but we've got 4 already in Solgaleo, Lunala, Magearna and Marshadow. In fact I'd assume the Tapus are not legendary for this reason, since it gives pretty much the same ratio otherwise.

While I understand Megas and UBs and regional variants will add more variety, and I'm fine with that, I'm increasingly worried that all the new Pokémon species we get will follow this pattern, causing a larger and larger portion of the Pokédex to be these kinds of Pokémon.

Am I worrying about nothing or do you guys share my concern?
>>
File: 250px-707Klefki.png (42KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-707Klefki.png
42KB, 250x250px
>>29292642
Could be worse
>>
>>29292753
It's a nice, memorable design at least.
>>
>>29292642
This is seriously the one thing that lowered my overall hype. I feel that the dex is very incomplete.
>>
Think they'll ever really shake up the starters or keep them Grass/Fire/Water for tutorial purposes?
>>
>>29292753
You talkin shit about my keybro?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.