[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which do you think it is, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: Crabs.png (110KB, 702x850px) Image search: [Google]
Crabs.png
110KB, 702x850px
Is it your standard evolution, swapping base stats like Scyther to Scizor, or unrelated Pokemon that share a theme like Lunatone and Solrock?
>>
>>29291249
Unrelated
>>
>>29291249
It definitely evolves, recent interview pretty much said as much when Crab1 is it's development name.

I think it will get a BST increase and added ice type and nothing more. It would be kind of stupid to have it switch stats around like Scizor does.
>>
I think it's an evolution.
>>
Hopefully 2 or 3. Snow crab is hideous.
>>
>>29291249
Top but with a Speed decrease because Ice just can't catch a break.
>>
>>29291249
Why are Crabrawler fags so in denial about the evolution???

I mean what were you expecting? A quadrupedal tiger?
>>
>>29291405
I was expecting it to be either a single stage mon or to have a pre evo.
>>
>>29291249
Would be could if its had the same base stats and they just get shuffled around like scyther to scizor. I always saw scizor as just an alternate form to scyther.
>>
>>29291337
That could just mean that crab2 is it's counterpart
>>
>>29291249
This could be some sort of environmental evo, like magneton or nosepass.
>>
>>29291405
Kek
>>
>>29291249
>offensive crab turns into shit-type defensive snowman crab

Wtf I hate Gamefreak now
>>
Evolution
>>
>>29291249
It's Alolan Crabrawler.
>>
>>29291249
I would love to see more Pokemon like Scyther/Scizor.
>>
>>29291405
In its debut trailer at Worlds it was shown fighting Landorus, Cresselia, and Kangaskhan in multiplayer battles, so people think it's fully evolved or has a sidegrade evo like Scizor.

In hindsight, I think they were just being humorous and emphasizing Crabrawler's personality that leads it to travel to the mountain peak and evolve.
>>
>>29291249
It evolves into the yeti.

The punched eye motive follows in the evo with the punched face
>>
it's the 1st one. it's clearly an evolution and the only reason the 2nd option is even a theory is because people want crabrawler to better than it is. the 3rd option is flat out denial.

>>29291337
which interview was this?
>>
>>29291536
To be honest, Ohmori has also said in a recent interview that he loves Malamar just because of the way it evolves, so maybe Crabrawler has a weird way of evolving like battleling on top of the snowy mountain
>>
>I don't like the final starter evos, so obviously they must be fake/beta designs/split evos!
>I don't like that there are only 70 new Pokémon, so obviously they removed a bunch of Pokémon from the demo and there will be more in the final game!
>I don't like Crabrawler's evo, so obviously it's just a counterpart!

I wonder what the next "obviously true thing isn't true because I don't like it" meme will be.
>>
>>29291596
Google Masuda codename Crab1
>>
>>29291249
SLOW
DEFENSIVE
ICE TYPE
>>
>>29291249
Crabrawler is one of the mon with more personality there is. Him evolving into a monstrosity also adds to that personality, what a fun pokemon
>>
File: 1460613060584.png (259KB, 358x339px) Image search: [Google]
1460613060584.png
259KB, 358x339px
>>29291405
OP here. Not in denial; I just dislike how Yeticrab looks.

Crabrawler will either be separate from Yeticrab or I get to use Eviolite on it. (Eviolite isn't a fix-all for most unevolved Pokemon, but whatever helps, y'know.)

It's a win-win.
>>
>>29291249
these are little mac and king hippo, they could still be counterparts
>>
>>29291249
Everyone who thinks they're counterparts is now registered as a retard.
>>
>>29291337
Oh, I wasn't aware of this. Neat.
>>
>>29291536
yeah i never fully believed his reveal video. Any fighting type with decent attack can take down Mega Kangaskhan.

OHKO-ing Landorus (who was intimidate btw) with a non-STAB move that doesn't rely on the 4x ice weakness, or Cresselia, an extremely bulky psychic type that not even Conkeldurr can OHKO with Guts-boosted Knock Off (252+ Atk Guts Conkeldurr Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Cresselia: 256-302 (57.6 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) is NOT believable.
>>
>>29291656
Don't forgot UBs not being catchable/usable.
>>
I can't help but see a surskit operating a robot whenever I look at the one on the right. I'd be really shocked if there's anything to that though

But I don't really see what's so impossible about a pokemon changing role after evolving
>>
>>29291249

Ice Stone evolution.

Crabrawler and Alolan Vulpix are the Pokemon that use the Ice Stone to evolve.
>>
The biggest bummer is the face. I don't hate the yeti crab theme, but the face and hair are so ugly. If it kept the same hair/antenna and eyes I wouldn't have a problem with it.
>>
I seriously hope it's a counterpart, but I know its likely its evo. I very rarely dislike Pokemon designs but this looks like garbage. I've been wanting a yeti crab for years too.
>>
File: myface.jpg (2KB, 108x124px) Image search: [Google]
myface.jpg
2KB, 108x124px
>yfw it's actually good
>yfw it has stats and moves like these:
HP: 90
ATK: 120
DEF: 76
SPA: 52
SPD: 71
SPE: 111
Ability: Iron Fist
-Ice Punch (135 BP)
-Mach Punch (72 BP)
-Drain Punch (135 BP)
-Earthquake (100 BP)
>>
>>29291431
Are you literally autistic?
>>
>>29292137

How is that autistic?
>>
>>29291431

>pre-evo for something that's already so small

And crustaceans are never single stage

Gen 1: Krabby -> Kingler
Gen 3: Corphish -> Crawdaunt
Gen 5: Dwebble -> Crustle
Gen 7: Crabrawler -> Yeticrab
>>
>>29292189
He thinks autistic means "person I disagree with"
>>
>>29292194

Woops, forgot one

Gen 6: Clauncher -> Clawitzer
>>
>>29292194
>And crustaceans are never single stage
Nice job forgetting Shuckle you dumb fuck.
>>
>>29292194

>pre-evo for something that's already so small

Does Chimeco ring a bell? How about Roselia?

>muh patterns
>>
>>29291894
it wasn't shown to be OHKOs (never showed hp)
after the attack animation they just cut to the pokemon fainting
>>
>>29292350
How the fuck does Roselia count when its evolution came in a different gen? Same with Chingling and all the other baby mons.
>>
>>29292414

>it doesn't count because it proves me wrong
>>
Looks like a little Mac, doc Louis type deal
>>
>>29291249
3 most likely, or 2, but crabrawler is intended to be used in that form, being revealed that the tournament beating OU mons and shit like that
>>
>>29292252
>Shuckle is a crustacean
>Bugs are crustaceans
>>
>>29291249
Separate fighting bros like Sawk and Throh. They even enjoy training together.
>>
>>29293255

>Bugs are crustaceans

Dwebble
>>
>>29292579
>baby mons aren't exceptions because I say so
>>
File: Alola_artwork[1].png (2MB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
Alola_artwork[1].png
2MB, 1280x905px
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/crabrawler/

>Crabrawler has a personality that really hates to lose, and it’s driven not only to aim for a higher position than its fellows in terms of social standing, but literally to aim for a higher position in the landscape.

Now what's the highest position in Alola? The snowy mountain.
>>
>>29293420
>Gen 5
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.